New banner and updates: World of Dawn [DATAMINE]

Armagon

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forgot about them. Makes a difference, but because I've actually played RD and not 4&5, Zelgius feels more villainy. And that he gets a lategame true identity reveal and survives into the finale of the Tower while the other two die sooner makes him feel more super villainy than Simba and Tordo Reborn.

You fight him in Gen 1, unless you have his half-sister talk to him. If he isn't a villain, then I think we drop the notion Camus is one too. Plus BR Xander and a whole bunch of others.'

You have to fight Tauroneo unless you have Ike talk to him but that doesn't make Tauroneo a villain. Camus and BR Xander fight to the very end so I think their case is different. Also, Lloyd is a playable Hero despite being an antagonist. 

Nevertheless I think Zelgius is a clear cut villain, albeit an anti-villain, unlike the aforementioned examples, but you do get to play as him in RD and he's quite popular so I see why they let you summon him. 

Are you bummed that Sephiran was replaced by Oliver? 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Are you bummed that Sephiran was replaced by Oliver? 

One, nobody said anything about him being replaced. Does the datamine show any evidence of this?

Two, I'm patient and aren't expecting him for a long while, over a year or more if it is so. This game has had an aversion to adding evil sorcerers so far. No Nergal, Gharnef, Jedah, Iago, Manfroy, Julius, Lyon, Validar (I'm a little surprised no Aversa yet given she has the orbs to sells Orbs), or Sephiran (and needless to say no Riev or Izuka). That I still haven't joined this game yet helps (I'm either too... put off by the gacha concept, or I demand too much too good having absorbed the complaints of this board).

Though really they should have saved Oliver and BK Zelgy for later and focused on more DB members. Maybe throwing in Jarod for the GHB while we're at it, although he is a minor villain, he is a villain only Micaiah's crew can claim. Plus Infantry Lance isn't overly common as a unit type.

You can't fit all three of Edward-Leonardo-Nolan when you already have Micaiah and Sothe? So what? They had no issues leaving other sets incomplete. We have an Oscar with no Kieran, a Nephenee with no Brom. Three Fangs when there are supposed to be Four.  I could name others too. 

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

“Yeah, right” to both the chances of Sothe dropping and to the chances of L&D3 suddenly becoming available at four stars.

You're probably right. Thinking about it more, further cutting back on 4* drops is a break from precedent perfectly in keeping with the ways precedent has been changing so far, while making them more compelling is not. Comparing to characters from other banners as individuals, Sothe has at least as much reason to stay 5* as units like Siegbert, Shiro, Lute, etc., and back when it seemed like this banner would be Micaiah and Sothe plus some random Dawn Brigade member, Sothe seemed like a safe bet for staying as 5*.

I don't think they're getting rid of 4* drops entirely, but this probably means they're getting even less frequent. Like GHB and TT units, it seems they've decided any units available outside of some sort of 5* summon aren't particularly worthwhile because they can't be used as incentive for people to pull, so they're trying to cut back. This month, we already have Oliver and Corrin scheduled, so adding Sothe would actually push the number unusually high compared to recent months: last month it was just Soleil, while in November it was just Joshua and Fjorm.

Edited by Othin

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

One, nobody said anything about him being replaced. Does the datamine show any evidence of this?

Two, I'm patient and aren't expecting him for a long while, over a year or more if it is so. This game has had an aversion to adding evil sorcerers so far. No Nergal, Gharnef, Jedah, Iago, Manfroy, Julius, Lyon, Validar (I'm a little surprised no Aversa yet given she has the orbs to sells Orbs), or Sephiran (and needless to say no Riev or Izuka). That I still haven't joined this game yet helps (I'm either too... put off by the gacha concept, or I demand too much too good having absorbed the complaints of this board).

Though really they should have saved Oliver and BK Zelgy for later and focused on more DB members. Maybe throwing in Jarod for the GHB while we're at it, although he is a minor villain, he is a villain only Micaiah's crew can claim. Plus Infantry Lance isn't overly common as a unit type.

You can't fit all three of Edward-Leonardo-Nolan when you already have Micaiah and Sothe? So what? They had no issues leaving other sets incomplete. We have an Oscar with no Kieran, a Nephenee with no Brom. Three Fangs when there are supposed to be Four.  I could name others too. 

Replace wasn't the correct word but Sephiran has more of a connection to both Zelgius and Micaiah than Oliver so you'd expect Sephiran would be on available if the other three characters are Micaiah, Sothe and Zelgius. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

Replace wasn't the correct word but Sephiran has more of a connection to both Zelgius and Micaiah than Oliver so you'd expect Sephiran would be on available if the other three characters are Micaiah, Sothe and Zelgius. 

True enough, Oliver is the voluptuous elephant in this quartet consisting otherwise of graceful black herons. Why he got thrown in beyond memes, there is no reason I'd say. 

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True enough, Oliver is the voluptuous elephant in this quartet consisting otherwise of graceful black herons. Why he got thrown in beyond memes, there is no reason I'd say. 

He's a comic relief character. The fact that he, like Narcian, is an over-the-top doofus makes him likable to some crowd.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

He's a comic relief character. The fact that he, like Narcian, is an over-the-top doofus makes him likable to some crowd.

I know that. Not everyone wants overly serious additions (and Seasonals alone will not satisfy this demand).

And here are few lovable Oliver lines from RD while I'm at it:

I have seen death; it holds no mystery for me. Only my pursuit [that of the beautiful] matters.

I have seen death’s vistas and returned an even wiser, more exquisite man! Take it in! Bask in the beauty!

The world simply could not bear to be without me. Your crude weapons have no force against true magnificence! Blessed with such beauty, I have no foes… only inferiors!

Sub…sub…sub-human! Tiger! Tiger! Eyes burning bright! In my foyer late at night! Oh, my poetic soul! I’m much too delicate for this!
Ho ho, what have we here? A fine little raven indeed! Please… Let me see the length of those wings. I’ll need to know, if I’m to take… proper care of them.

You could never understand the depth of my commitment to beauty! Sometimes it simply overwhelms me. I can’t stop the love welling up inside!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know that. Not everyone wants overly serious additions (and Seasonals alone will not satisfy this demand).

And here are few lovable Oliver lines from RD while I'm at it:

I have seen death; it holds no mystery for me. Only my pursuit [that of the beautiful] matters.

I have seen death’s vistas and returned an even wiser, more exquisite man! Take it in! Bask in the beauty!

The world simply could not bear to be without me. Your crude weapons have no force against true magnificence! Blessed with such beauty, I have no foes… only inferiors!

Sub…sub…sub-human! Tiger! Tiger! Eyes burning bright! In my foyer late at night! Oh, my poetic soul! I’m much too delicate for this!
Ho ho, what have we here? A fine little raven indeed! Please… Let me see the length of those wings. I’ll need to know, if I’m to take… proper care of them.

You could never understand the depth of my commitment to beauty! Sometimes it simply overwhelms me. I can’t stop the love welling up inside!

Look... would you mind rejoining the enemy?

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

TBF, it's not like PRFs have to only ever be on one unit.  There are four Falchion users, and all PRFs that can be evolved essentially have two users (Tyrfing, Naga, Excalibur, Aura).  While it's an odd choice, Sothe having the Peshkatz doesn't actually affect Volke's chances (either of getting in or having the same PRF).

Those all had a lot more of an actual tie to those characters, but yeah, it's probably unfounded, but still I worry. Volke is <3 

8 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Those all had a lot more of an actual tie to those characters, but yeah, it's probably unfounded, but still I worry. Volke is <3 

They will probably give Volke Baselard , since that is the most powerful knife in RD.

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

There is still the Stiletto and Baselard. Sothe had nothing to do with the Peshkatz, so no reason Volke can't have Baselard- the ultimate Knife in RD.

I very much doubt Volke would be getting Lethality, and obviously they can't make Stillness work (unless it was altered into something like "Enemy cannot initiate combat against this unit every other turn").

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I very much doubt Volke would be getting Lethality,

It seems Glimmer is their substitute for Lethality, considering Jaffar has it and now Sothe as a substitute for Bane.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and obviously they can't make Stillness work (unless it was altered into something like "Enemy cannot initiate combat against this unit every other turn").

"Enemy cannot initiate combat against this unit if enemy can initiate combat against another ally (that does not have a similar effect)."

In other words, an enemy cannot target a unit with Stillness unless the only units in range all have Stillness. Provoke would work in the other direction where if a unit with Provoke is in range of an enemy, that enemy cannot target any unit that doesn't have Provoke.

Other than memes, I think one of the reasons why Oliver was picked was because he was the major antagonist of an entire arc in PoR. 

And speaking of villains, could Ena be considered a villain? It would be interesting to have a Manakete GHB unit. And Ena is the only that fits the bill other than Idunn, since Heroes seems to hate male Manaketes.

30 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Other than memes, I think one of the reasons why Oliver was picked was because he was the major antagonist of an entire arc in PoR. 

And speaking of villains, could Ena be considered a villain? It would be interesting to have a Manakete GHB unit. And Ena is the only that fits the bill other than Idunn, since Heroes seems to hate male Manaketes.

Odd that you mention male manaketes, since Jahn fits the bill nicely.  For other "villains", they range from Nasir to Medeus.

EDIT: Right, the banner.  The only unit I'm interested in is Sothe.  But knowing my luck, I'm going to end up with Micaiah.

Edited by eclipse

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know that Oliver's beauty is too good for mere mortals such as us, but it's already almost a year, and the rate of Villains being added is agonizingly slow, so I'm glad we finally have him.

34 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Odd that you mention male manaketes, since Jahn fits the bill nicely.  For other "villains", they range from Nasir to Medeus.

EDIT: Right, the banner.  The only unit I'm interested in is Sothe.  But knowing my luck, I'm going to end up with Micaiah.

You could refrain from pulling Blues.  I want all three, but especially Micaiah.  I don't even care if I get her as -Atk, I just want her.  I don't dislike Zelgius, but think it's odd that they're adding him in so soon when we still need 90% of the other Tellius characters.

Just now, Rezzy said:

You could refrain from pulling Blues.  I want all three, but especially Micaiah.  I don't even care if I get her as -Atk, I just want her.  I don't dislike Zelgius, but think it's odd that they're adding him in so soon when we still need 90% of the other Tellius characters.

On new character banners, first pull is always a full pull.  I do sniping later.  Beggars can't be choosers (but I can be a wee bit salty about it!).

It's funny to come back to this forum and see how many memes Oliver has started up, it's almost like we went back a decade in the fandom. 

Anyway, it's good to finally have Micaiah in the game, now I just need them to put in Lief.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

It's possible, but I think if they were to choose a Dragon Laguz as a GHB it'd be Deghinsea over her since he has a more unique battle scenario and skills to make use of. 

As for the second point, it's less that Heroes hates male Manaketes and more that the series has very few options outside of Laguz and villains. Offhand, you just have Bantu and Nils as options for the role, and Bantu isn't very popular while Ninian stands out a bit more then Nils popularity and story-wise and thus got picked over him. If anything, a GHB would be their best chance since the majority of male Manaketes are villains and would fit in the role as a result. 

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I know that Oliver's beauty is too good for mere mortals such as us, but it's already almost a year, and the rate of Villains being added is agonizingly slow, so I'm glad we finally have him.

I wouldn't mind all 3 but I'm likely going to just stop at Sothe. I'll do a full pull, then snipe blue and colorless, only pulling red if it's something like a 2 blue/2 colorless/1 red pool. If I get Micaiah then I snipe colorless until I get Sothe. If I get Sothe then I just stop pulling there.

I wish everyone good fortune that's going to pull and give a pat on the back to anyone that can pass on this banner. Saving orbs is never a bad thing.

Edited by Zeo

6 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Why would he have ever been a wyvern rider? He was a general In PoR too.

That's odd. I had it so clearly in my head that he was a wyvern rider in PoR... Not sure why. I thought he led the wyvern troops there. Maybe it was a dream I had a while back that confused me xD 

36 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

That's odd. I had it so clearly in my head that he was a wyvern rider in PoR... Not sure why. I thought he led the wyvern troops there. Maybe it was a dream I had a while back that confused me xD

He never appears outside of being a profile portrait in PoR, never is he shown on the battlefield commanding anything, even though he does help out during the final battle in Melior offscreen apparently. 

His ingame stats, tucked away in the data are:

Spoiler

Zelgius

Class: General
Level: 20
Affinity: Dark
Weapon Ranks: Sword S, Lance A
Skills: None
Notes: Several stats are too high.

Base stats/caps

Type HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
General base 23 8 2 4 2 0 10 3
Stat addition 40 18 16 21 21 26 24 26
Base stats 63 26 18 25 23 26 34 29
General caps /60 /29 /20 /27 /24 /40 /30 /25

Growth rates

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
80% 60% 0% 55% 50% 30% 50% 40%

Now here is Blackie's:

Spoiler

Black Knight

Class: General (Black Knight)
Skills: Renewal, Luna
Notes: Same affinity, weapon ranks and growths as Zelgius. Laziness, coincidence or on purpose?

Base stats/caps

General (BK) base 24 7 1 4 1 0 11 2
Stat addition 36 23 16 26 26 11 19 20
Base stats 60 30 17 30 27 11 30 22
General (BK) caps /70 /30 /20 /30 /35 /40 /30 /30

Growth rates

Same as Zelgius

No wonder people were hypothesizing BK = Zelgius in PoR. Keeping Zelgius obscure served to ward off suspicions for those who weren't aware of hacking. RD continues what PoR started by never actually letting you see Zelgius's stats. He appears in two scripted battles, but never being fought in the gameplay (and in that game they just gave him stats identical to the BK's since the secret is out). 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

He never appears outside of being a profile portrait in PoR, never is he shown on the battlefield commanding anything, even though he does help out during the final battle in Melior offscreen apparently. 

His ingame stats, tucked away in the data are:

Reveal hidden contents

Zelgius

Class: General
Skills: None
Notes: Several stats are too high.

Base stats/caps

General base 23 8 2 4 2 0 10 3
Stat addition 40 18 16 21 21 26 24 26
Base stats 63 26 18 25 23 26 34 29
General caps /60 /29 /20 /27 /24 /40 /30 /25

Growth rates

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
80% 60% 0% 55% 50% 30% 50% 40%

Now here is Blackie's:

Reveal hidden contents

Black Knight

Class: General (Black Knight)
Skills: Renewal, Luna
Notes: Same affinity, weapon ranks and growths as Zelgius. Laziness, coincidence or on purpose?

Base stats/caps

General (BK) base 24 7 1 4 1 0 11 2
Stat addition 36 23 16 26 26 11 19 20
Base stats 60 30 17 30 27 11 30 22
General (BK) caps /70 /30 /20 /30 /35 /40 /30 /30

Growth rates

Same as Zelgius

No wonder people were hypothesizing BK = Zelgius in PoR. Keep Zelgius obscure served to ward off suspicions for those who weren't aware of hacking. RD continues what PoR started by never actually letting you see Zelgius's stats. He appears in two scripted battles, but never being fought in the gameplay (and in that game they just gave him stats identical to the BK's since the secret is out). 

Yup, just looked it all up and it's all there. I had the scene so clear in my head of npc wyverns, that I'm pretty sure it had to be a dream I got all confused. 

Even more disappointed now. I liked my wyvern Zelgius xD 

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

I know about Jahn, Nasir and other male Manakete antagonists, but the problem is that Heroes seems to want to keep Manaketes as female. I mean, even the generic Manakete enemies are female. That’s why I think it there’s a GHB with Manakete villain, it will be either Ena or Idunn.