Lack of A Skill variety

Clogon

I wish there were more readily available A skills that are good. All the good ones are locked to 5*/limited units except Fury+LAD(3*) and TA/Sturdy Blow(4*). These latter skills are all in the super bloated Red pool as well so getting them isn't that easy plus it forces you to pull reds for any good and cheap A Skill fodder. In contrast, every C skill you need is available at 3*, even many of the Drives are available at 4*. Almost every B skill is available at 3* as well. Giving a unit B/C skills is super easy but you are basically stuck with Fury for A skill as the most common and best value. 

Every B/C skill has their uses. I have lost and won many Arena matchs/defences with Lunge and Pass. Obstacle has its uses in training low level units and GHB/BHB strats. I love my stacking spurs. But Defiant Skills are just trash and basic stat skills are just stepping stones for Fury/LAD. I am not going to sacrifice my GHB/TT units as skill fodder.

Edited by Clogon

They literally just started the Bond skill series two and a half months ago. Give them some time to expand the pool.

I have no idea why you mention Sturdy Blow but not Death Blow, which has more practical use and is available in the 4-star summoning pool in green and colorless.

There are tons of great A skills!  How could you possibly forget:

-Steady Breath

-Distant Defense 3

-Close Defense 3

-Bond skills

-Brazen skills

-Close Counter

-Distant Counter

-Swift Sparrow

-Heavy Blade

-Flashing Blade

...Yeah, there's no variety if you're F2P.

Moreover, I don't necessarily view the stat-boosting A-passives as mere "stepping stones" to Fury or LnD. In many cases, I find them a superior option. E.g., for Falchion medics, HP+5 is going to be superior to Fury or LnD. And, for those with monomaniac defenses, I find that a straight boost to their primary defensive stat is better than Fury, since they'll often take minimal damage, and so it's the damage from Fury that will knock them out of QR range. The stat-boosting A-passives are only bad for min/maxing Arena score, but they're often a great option otherwise.

6 hours ago, Astellius said:

Moreover, I don't necessarily view the stat-boosting A-passives as mere "stepping stones" to Fury or LnD. In many cases, I find them a superior option. E.g., for Falchion medics, HP+5 is going to be superior to Fury or LnD. And, for those with monomaniac defenses, I find that a straight boost to their primary defensive stat is better than Fury, since they'll often take minimal damage, and so it's the damage from Fury that will knock them out of QR range. The stat-boosting A-passives are only bad for min/maxing Arena score, but they're often a great option otherwise.

+5HP allows you to heal more HP in 1 go (mainly Armours) but with 3 HP+3 seals, I don't see the need for it. Most of the medics have enough hp to heal everyone above QR range (aside from Arvis).

+Def/Res is only better than fury if you are going into multiple battles. The extra 6 damage taken after damage means nothing when you have done your job. Even then, they'd still prefer CD, DD, Steady Breath, Steady Stance or Warding Stance which are all locked behind 5*. At least ATK/RES +2 is available on a 4* unit however she provides way better skills than using 20k feathers for it.

I don't mind that the best A skills are locked behind 5*. I just want more options :/

On 16/01/2018 at 11:09 AM, eclipse said:

The various -blows have their uses, with Death/Darting being the most obvious.  I also run HP +5 in certain situations.

I don't see much use for Darting Blow (especially when you face boosted or higher merged enemies). In most cases a Breaker or QR does the job better. There is also no situation where I would use it over LAD. Can you please give me an example where you have access to any 3-4* fodder where Darting blow is better than the rest? 1 SPD over LAD during player phase doesn't seem very useful.

The defensive blows have even less use. What unit and builds would use them over the other skills (also assuming you have access to the entire 3*-4* roster)?

Edited by Clogon

18 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I don't see much use for Darting Blow (especially when you face boosted or higher merged enemies). In most cases a Breaker or QR does the job better. There is also no situation where I would use it over LAD. Can you please give me an example where you have access to any 3-4* fodder where Darting blow is better than the rest? 1 SPD over LAD during player phase doesn't seem very useful.

Mixed-phase +1 Cecilia [=HP, =Res] (Gronnblade+, Darting Blow 3) +6/6/6/6 survives +10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Quickened Pulse) +6/6/0/0 with 1 HP and survives +10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3, Attack +3) +6/6/0/0 with 5 HP whereas Life and Death 3 instead of Darting Blow 3 would result in a dead Cecilia in both cases (Life and Death 3 needs Resistance +3 to survive Reinhardt (Attack +3) and Deflect Magic to survive Reinhardt (Quickened Pulse)).

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mixed-phase +1 Cecilia [=HP, =Res] (Gronnblade+, Darting Blow 3) +6/6/6/6 survives +10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Quickened Pulse) +6/6/0/0 with 1 HP and survives +10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3, Attack +3) +6/6/0/0 with 5 HP whereas Life and Death 3 instead of Darting Blow 3 would result in a dead Cecilia in both cases (Life and Death 3 needs Resistance +3 to survive Reinhardt (Attack +3) and Deflect Magic to survive Reinhardt (Quickened Pulse)).

Interesting, this will allow her to run +3SPD seal to double even more people.