Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

If that were true, Roy should not have made 2nd in the first CYL then, as someone who never made it overseas. Whether or not you believe Smash to be relevant, there is no denying that Smash has had an influence on the series as a whole, both directly and indirectly. Now, that doesn't mean that anyone in Smash has to dominate the polls by default. After all, all it really is is extra exposure, which everyone from 3DS didn't even really need

Ironically, Lucina, Roy, Ike, and Lyn actually were all part of the Smash series, although for Lyn, she was a trophy assist character.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Because the face that runs the place is now Lucina. She kicked Marth out of his home. D=

It like the episodes with Kintoki and Gintoki.

But Gintoki eventually gets everything back to normal so I’m sure Marth can too =D

16 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Lucina has fallen from grace as well. There’s no real “face” at the moment. You could say that it’s being shared by Marth and Chrom at the moment or...if you want to go for the fanservice route, Camilla. 

Idk Chrom feels like a bit of a stretch and I fail to see how Lucina has fallen from grace.

R̶e̶i̶n̶h̶a̶r̶d̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶c̶o̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶

Oh...Tiki's not in the top 20. WELP. Gonna help Mar-Mar for our dragon friend! The Hero-King must jump to the top! Sorta nice to see Hector winning, though. Ephraim...eh...I want to like him, but he's got flaws in his lack of flaws.

On the other hand, I'm pretty happy Celica is first, too, being one of the people who actually likes her and didn't hate her for her actions. Camilla...eh, not into fanservice and I know she's awkwardly written, but meh, female fanservice isn't something worth me rioting over. It would be nice to see someone else take her spot, though, given her other variations; Loki would be a hilarious winner with the current state of the plot.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One would assume a mage capable of gravity magic should have no trouble making her breasts feel lighter.

And since she can also alter her appearance, it's likely she can just affix any conjured clothing wherever she damned well pleases and prevent it from snagging on things like arms and legs.

Omg, that's actually an awesome explanation!  I love this, haha. :lol:  

33 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Idk Chrom feels like a bit of a stretch and I fail to see how Lucina has fallen from grace.

R̶e̶i̶n̶h̶a̶r̶d̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶c̶o̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶

Don't mind him. He was also adamant she wouldn't be in Warriors.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ironically, Lucina, Roy, Ike, and Lyn actually were all part of the Smash series, although for Lyn, she was a trophy assist character.

And while on a much lesser note, Tellius and Ylisse are the only worlds that have character trophies in the game. We don't talk about the stickers in Brawl tho

23 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Don't mind him. He was also adamant she wouldn't be in Warriors.

In all fairness, it wasn't an ill-warranted concern. After all, KT was in the same boat, before Nintendo-IS gave the final call. But that's water under the bridge

@Hinoka Damn.... Prolly the realest fan I ever seen

Edited by Motendra

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

Tellius und Ylisse sind die einzigen Welten, die Charaktertrophäen im Spiel haben. Wir reden nicht über die Aufkleber in Brawl tho

In aller Fairness war es nicht unberechtigt. Besorgnis, Sorge. Schließlich war KT im selben Boot, bevor Nintendo-IS den letzten Anruf gab. Aber das ist Wasser unter der Brücke

@ Hinoka  Verdammt .... Prolly der realest Fan, den ich je gesehen habe

Yes this is my 3.Tattoo 500 cost

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

And while on a much lesser note, Tellius and Ylisse are the only worlds that have character trophies in the game. We don't talk about the stickers in Brawl tho

In all fairness, it wasn't an ill-warranted concern. After all, KT was in the same boat, before Nintendo-IS gave the final call. But that's water under the bridge

@Hinoka Damn.... Prolly the realest fan I ever seen

The fact that they did step in though would suggest that she has not fallen from grace. That's the important take away. Plus, she is still featured heavily in TT and has been in at least two of those comics they're doing for Heroes.

Wow, Reinhardt jumped a lot, he was basically at the bottom before Heroes and now he's Top 5 in the entire franchise. I guess memes and being a top tier meta threat can really do wonders for your popularity. Similarly, I'm surprised the Fates Shapeshifters are doing so well, I definitely was campaigning among others for those type of units (Ranulf, where are you?), but I didn't think the three of them would break top 20 considering the best only placed around 50. I guess this will clearly send the message: Add Beast units IS! 

As for personal favorites, I'm happy Leif is doing well, the poor kid is so overlooked as a lord. 

Edited by Medeus

I want Emphraim to win over Marth simply because I like Emphraim's character design more, but I'm not giving my votes to either one of them. I'm not sure who to support now, I could go for Reinhardt, but as cool as he is, I like Robin more. This is hard.

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Die Tatsache, dass sie eintraten, würde jedoch nahelegen, dass sie nicht in Ungnade gefallen ist. Das ist der wichtige Weg. Außerdem ist sie immer noch stark in TT vertreten und war in mindestens zwei dieser Comics, die sie für Heroes machen.

oh realy

24 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Wow, Reinhardt jumped a lot, he was basically at the bottom before Heroes and now he's Top 5 in the entire franchise. I guess memes and being a top tier meta threat can really do wonders for your popularity. Similarly, I'm surprised the Fates Shapeshifters are doing so well, I definitely was campaigning among others for those type of units (Ranulf, where are you?), but I didn't think the three of them would break top 20 considering the best only placed around 50. I guess this will clearly send the message: Add Beast units IS! 

As for personal favorites, I'm happy Leif is doing well, the poor kid is so overlooked as a lord. 

The thing about this though is that it can't be viewed as a general Fire Emblem popularity contest anymore. We know (or can assume at least) more or less exactly what they are going to do with the results, so the responses are skewed on that expectation. People are voting wanting certain characters to be featured with a special version (or included at all) more than they're voting for their favorites. It's a subtle yet existent distinction. Plus the voters are mostly Heroes players for this one.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Lucina has fallen from grace as well. There’s no real “face” at the moment. You could say that it’s being shared by Marth and Chrom at the moment or...if you want to go for the fanservice route, Camilla. 

Marth is and forever will be the face of the series. Or, at least a blue-haired, anime swordsman is.

Edited by dmurr

On 25-1-2018 at 7:30 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

RD Brom. The dude really needs more love, and perhaps they'll consider putting him in the game if he has enough votes.

You reminded me of my love for the

Brutal
Rocking
Ownage
Machine

He'll get my vote tommorrow. The RD version.

I've already forgotten twice to do this. Freaking crap.

Also I'm very upset that they took out Radiant Dawn Ike. If they were going to take him out then they should've done something with him in Heroes.

Edited by SSbardock84

22 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Also I'm very upset that they took out Radiant Dawn Ike. If they were going to take him out then they should've done something with him in Heroes.

I hate that feeling of forgetting to vote. I don’t understand why they won’t just let you catch up if you happen to miss a day. :(

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Gave a good ol' vote for Lloyd and for Harken in my other account. Lloyd deserved better :( and Harken is underappreciated

Harken = gameplay god. Harken backstory: the lone survivor of the Knights of Pherae who seeks revenge against Nergal by hiding within the Black Fang (and possibly gives the heroes a Silence Staff from a village in Four Fanged Offense) and waiting for his chance to strike. All while harboring a heavy heart of guilt because he failed to protect his Lord Elbert = awesome. Harken in his Supports, well when I read them last, he was much too much a ghost of a former human being in them, being so wracked with guilt. So Harken is unfortunately pretty bad on this front. 

6 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

This was nice. Had I gone onto explaining why I dislike Ephraim, I would have slipped onto full on rant mode. However, this has shown me just a bit of Ephraim's issues, and I don't dislike him as much. However, these were just far too few to be enough. Ephraim has still been depicted as a perfect person most of the time, and its literally only when he fights the demon king that Ephraim actually loses for once. 

I would have much rather preferred if his recklessness came to bite him in the ass. Had I seen him as a person that was emotional pained from losing his father and kingdom that the hatred actually did get the better of him, and he made more mistakes that costed him victory that resulted in people dying. This could have been a chance for Eirika to save him, not just from the predicament that Ephriam got into, but to also help him emotionally, to be the one to remind Ephriam of the good that is still there. Eirika is naive, but her trusting nature shows a side of purity in her. She can mature a bit more, but she doesn't have to lose herself in the process. If she had been able to help Ephriam, then it would have made the story of the two siblings supporting one another far more acceptable, and I'd have liked Ephraim more.

Yeah, it helps Ephraim to have one screw up moment, but when you consider it in the context of the rest of the plot. 1 brief moment in 22 chapters (less when you factor out the Eirika 9 from the beginning), which isn't totally terrible since Rausten still has an SS, isn't enough when you look at the big picture.

As for Ephraim and his father, there is this bit I remember:

Spoiler

Ephraim:
“I wonder if Father anticipated all of this long ago. When I was growing up, I never thought about becoming king. I only wanted to be a good soldier, a good warrior. The best on the battlefield. Father never understood what I wanted, but… I never understood him, either.”

Eirika:
“……”

Ephraim:
“It was the same when Grado invaded Renais. I should have stayed home to defend the kingdom… Instead, I raced off to fight for personal glory.”

Eirika:
“Brother… I don’t think you know how well Father understood your feelings. When I last saw him, he was concerned for nothing but our safety…”

(Seth appears)

Seth:
“Eirika is correct. King Fado asked after your exploits every day. He always told me what a fine king you would one day make.”

Ephraim:
“Father…”

I wouldn't have minded if they ran with making Ephraim a little more openly heartless towards dear old dad at the beginning. Tone up the reckless glory warmongering edge even more, that way by starting with a higher extreme, we can see him change more easily.

It is interesting here as I just noticed that he admits his Chapter 5x escapade, well not it exactly, but the stuff presumably like it which was happening before and during the Prologue, was a mistake.

Curiously SoV is built partly around the idea of sword vs. compassion, an idea which, in the scant text it had, goes back to SRT: OG Gaiden. SS in a sense perhaps came very close to capturing this need for balance between the two. If you read my further extrapolations from Eclipse's explanation:

Spoiler

Reading the C19 dialogues, I almost feel they got assigned to the wrong routes. Ephraim is naive and emotional, wanting to believe Lyon is his friend forever, but fearing he won't and then applying to his friendship with Tana. Eirika on the other hand isn't so mopey and takes the more proactive position of wanting to help.

I'm guessing part of this might have to do with how Lyon showed himself prior to the end of Chapter 18, and how Ephraim and Eirika saw him during the same period.

• Ephraim was convinced Lyon was entirely lost to the Demon King and was prepared to kill the Demon King. But surprise! Ephraim wasn't prepared to kill Lyon, who in C18 states the Demon King possession was an elaborate act and he was in charge all along. With the possibility, nay certainty as much as he abhors it, that Lyon is still alive, Ephraim, who treasures Lyon as much as Eirika, can't bring himself to mutilate his living friend.
  • Eirika by comparison was convinced Lyon still had a chance of escaping the Demon King's control. So when the Demon King successfully tricks her into letting him smash the SS, she is heartbroken because her hope was totally misplaced. However, because it is then clear Lyon is truly lost to her, she is no longer fearful of destroying his body, because the body is already terminally ill. A little Sieglinde euthanasia will bring Lyon's suffering to an end.

I think you could say Eirika the pacifist learns the necessity of the sword, and Ephraim the warrior the necessity of compassion. I say almost captures the need for balance, since Ephraim already was compassionate, he just didn't bring it to bear on Lyon. If he wasn't at all compassionate towards Lyon, if they weren't friends and Ephraim only wanted to kill him initially because the Demon King was in him and the DK is evil and killing him will be a test of strength and glory, it would arguably be better.

Eirika on the other hand, you could argue was not already bellicose in any measure. Although you could argue otherwise, since she is forced to learn to fight through the whole of SS, and in a flashback had Ephraim teach her how to fight of her own choosing.

My opinion on Marth is dropping a little, or rather that of people who like him. I get he needs alts and all and that he isn't a bad character. But hammering away he that he was first and that means the universe! Is a poor argument. I dislike both firstism and latestism. Should someone shout endlessly "Fire deserves to win it was humanity's first and most fundamental invention!" I would loathe them just as much as if they said ad nauseam "The iPhone deserves to win it is the latest and greatest invention!". 

Marth might be the original FE lord, and in EO2U I even picked a blue-haired male Sovereign (but I refused to give it an FE name), but it is FE1 which is fundamental and impactful. Marth, dare I say, is nothing but a blip in FE1 itself, as meaningful as Dolph. (I'm being dramatic here for the moment.)

28 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Why? I don't think Ike deserves another shot at a Brave version just because he got older and more buff. He's still the same character with minimal differences unlike Tiki or Karel. RD Ike should either go the Mage Eirika path or be a TT reward in the same way masked Lucina was.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My opinion on Marth is dropping a little, or rather that of people who like him. I get he needs alts and all and that he isn't a bad character. But hammering away he that he was first and that means the universe! Is a poor argument. I dislike both firstism and latestism. Should someone shout endlessly "Fire deserves to win it was humanity's first and most fundamental invention!" I would loathe them just as much as if they said ad nauseam "The iPhone deserves to win it is the latest and greatest invention!". 

Marth might be the original FE lord, and in EO2U I even picked a blue-haired male Sovereign (but I refused to give it an FE name), but it is FE1 which is fundamental and impactful. Marth, dare I say, is nothing but a blip in FE1 itself, as meaningful as Dolph. (I'm being dramatic here for the moment.)

Him being the first does get tossed around a lot. However, he isn't just great cause he's the first lord. Yeah, Marth's character truly doesn't break through until the remake, since there are issues in the original games. However, in Shadow Dragon, Marth embodies many aspects of enduring loss and hardships. Very beginning he had to deal with the loss of his father, his kingdom, and had to abandon his mother and sister to go into hiding, and just for that case, he had to sacrifice one of his comrades so that he could escape, something that truly haunted Marth. 

The thing about him is that he even swore that he would get revenge on the nation of Gra for how they betrayed Altea. But after he finally reclaims his home and fights Gra, he learns there is more to war than just black and white. He admits that he hasn't stopped hating them, but he realizes there is something more. Not to mention after reclaiming his homeland, he learns his mother was killed and his sister is still missing. Despite how he hasn't had any time to truly digest the emotions and get through it, he is told that his people wishes to see their king and savior, and though Nyna wants Marth to have some time, Marth says this amazing line:

“No, that would not do. Today is a momentous day for my kingdom and my people. I must celebrate with them now, not later. Anything else would be a disservice to those who died to save Altea. I am a prince before I am a son or a brother. Come, Malledus. Let us go greet my people.”

Marth understood the responsibilities of war. In fact, one of the reasons he never returned Caeda's feelings is because he knew that there might be a chance that he would need to be wed for political reasons, because he was one of the two candidates for marriage with Nyna. Had Nyna not convinced him to go to Caeda, he would never have been with her. 

On January 24, 2018 at 8:32 PM, ImsoniaticGamer said:

But in the end, it all goes down to which side of FE fans have more. The true fans, or the Babies.

As a '3DS Baby' I must say I have issues with this, considering my votes are for Elice, Idunn, Nagi, and Palla, with possibly one or two for Limstella or Ephidel depending on how I feel Day 7.

16 hours ago, Motendra said:

I ask that you wear our banners high and with pride. Spread far and wide so that all may know of the Savior of Archanea!

grzazy7.png

(not so shameless plug lmao)

HnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbutPalla

16 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Vote Isthar for the sake of having a more powerful unit than even Reinhardt guys!

Unless she's on a horse or has 3 Range, she's doomed there.

15 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Don't lose your hopes! The midterms show that nothing is written in stone. Vote for whoever you like the most, they may go farther than what you think!

That's a lie, my votes are hosed. Some things are unfortunately written in stone.

15 hours ago, captainlaughable53 said:

How to trigger Melee players

Lies. You trigger them by either saying Marth has a positive Fox matchup or that Fox is not the best fighter.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

All aboard the SD Marth train!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBUTPALLA

Sorry for being several pages late on these, by the way, I haven't been hanging out on this thread all that much because I don't see much point to listening to everyone complain about such-and-such doing amazing or that-one-guy not doing as well as they SHOULD because that stuff is my job.