• Fire Emblem 4: The Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Fire Emblem 5: Thrica 775
    • Fire Emblem 6: The Sword of Seals
    • Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword
    • Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones
    • Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance
    • Fire Emblem 10: Radiant Dawn
    • New Fire Emblem: Sword of Light and The Dark Dragon

Which Fire Emblem did you think had the best music of the series? Do you see the music aspect of the series improving and do you think music plays an important role in the game.

Yuka Tsujiyoko may not be as famous or well known Nobou Uematsu (Final Fantasy), Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga), Koji Kondo (Super Mario), Jack Wall (Myst), or Tommy Tallarico (Earthworm Jim), but I respect her musical works and she can be up with them in terms of video game music.

I would say Fire Emblem 3-7 are great, but FE4 and 5 have the best composed musical score of the series. When I first played the games, I was amazed on how a small SNES cartridge could give so much emotional and well synced music (of course, Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger can take the prize as the best SNES musical soundtrack, but that's for another VG music topic).

From map themes like "The Awakening of the Holy Knight" to "The End of the Holy War", FE4's soundtrack just gave your ears such a wonderful experience. Even "minor" songs such as "Julia's Theme" or the epic plot twist's music was just emotional.

I thought FE 4's track was beautiful, but when I discovered this:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=85151E32B1457322

and fe4_ost.jpg

my jaw fuckin' drop and my ears had an orgasm. THE best arrangement of FE 4's music in one CD!

F.E. 9- P.O.R

F.E. 10- R.D.

Edited by Snow_Storm
I'm picky like that.

I heard some of Fire Emblem 4's music, and I like it. One of the maps sounds like it has a good oboe solo. I like Fire Emblem 6's later game map music, especially "In Nature's Maginificance" and "Beneath a New Light", but Fire Emblem 4 still wins. I find it funny how Fire Emblem 9, which I consider has the most boring soundtrack (minus Oliver and Caineghis's themes) took one of Fire Emblem 4's music and used it for the trial maps. (yeah, all the rest of the games do this, but whatever) If nothing else, the trumpets in the trial map made it sound really good.

I heard some of Fire Emblem 4's music, and I like it. One of the maps sounds like it has a good oboe solo. I like Fire Emblem 6's later game map music, especially "In Nature's Maginificance" and "Beneath a New Light", but Fire Emblem 4 still wins. I find it funny how Fire Emblem 9, which I consider has the most boring soundtrack (minus Oliver and Caineghis's themes) took one of Fire Emblem 4's music and used it for the trial maps. (yeah, all the rest of the games do this, but whatever) If nothing else, the trumpets in the trial map made it sound really good.

It was from the last chapter from the game I heard.

and yes, FE 6 did had a good soundtrack for such a bad game.

Not relating to the poll, but this is great:

Maybe I do a poll with the best verison of the main theme later.

Edited by Snow_Storm

Woah, with all those people complaining about RD's music, I thought it was pretty inferior to the rest of the series. But it's leading the poll, tied to FE4.

One thing I hate about music in Nintendo games is that it only...well, does something if you hear it apart from everything else. This is the case for Hymn of the Righteous -_-

I really like Crimea Attacks and Congregation of Ambition in FE9, but aside from that, the soundtrack is bleh. It would've been nice if Eternal Bond wasn't spammed so much in FE10. Fighting on the same bridge with the same music twice would've been epic, IMO.

I'm not voting, btw.

FE4 and FE7. Both of them have very emotional and memorable music. They also have the biggest soundtracks in the series, though as everyone with working brain knows, more =/= better. FE3,5,6 also deserve mention and few songs in FE1 and 2 sound very good (FE1 medeus theme and FE2 first map music come to mind). As for 8-11. nothing really stands out as much as the rest of the series, though there are few good songs in those, too.

One thing I hate about music in Nintendo games is that it only...well, does something if you hear it apart from everything else. This is the case for Hymn of the Righteous -_-

Music is supposed to take the supporting role in video-games. Just gluing good music on a game doesn't make the game better.

With 104 songs and being the biggest soundtrack of all FE games, Seisen no Keifu is my personal best FE soundtrack.

Thracia 776 has many memorable and atmospheric tunes as well.

The music from the Tellius games comes right after that though.

Fire Emblem 9 all the way! Songs like Move Out and Victory Unitited were stuck in my head for days, although the normal fight music got a little tiring after a while. To My Love is, in my opinion, one of the most epic songs in the FE series. I think that FE 10 actually had worse versions of songs like Power Hungry Fool (Oliver's Fall) and To My Love (Tranquility of Goldoa).

I'm one of those who loves FE4's music very much. The chapter music is especially memorable since the chapters are longer and thus you spend more time on them. I haven't played FE4 in so long though, definitely need to replay it...

Overall I like FE's music (except I haven't heard much of FE1-3's or FE10's music). Yuka Tsujiyoko was good, I think she stopped directly composing the music in FE8 onwards, but those games still have nice music as well.

I thought FE 4's track was beautiful, but when I discovered this:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=85151E32B1457322

and *FE4 OST cover*

my jaw fuckin' drop and my ears had an orgasm. THE best arrangement of FE 4's music in one CD!

I totally agree, the arranged tracks just made me go yum-yum~

Music is supposed to take the supporting role in video-games. Just gluing good music on a game doesn't make the game better.

This, oh fuckin' this! As a musician and somebody who's an inspiring composer, I FUCKIN' HATE when companies and composers do that. They'll just fuckin' slap any piece of music to make it sound "good". Shit, I find "Idoun's Theme" lovely, but it doesn't do justice if say . . . Nintendo gave that theme to somebody with a care-free, easy backstory like say . . . they gave that to Luigi as his theme.

Speakin' of Idoun's Theme, FE6 also had a good soundtrack (wait, I already said this). FE7 soundtrack is also amazing. I thought I wasn't going to enjoy it.

This, oh fuckin' this! As a musician and somebody who's an inspiring composer, I FUCKIN' HATE when companies and composers do that. They'll just fuckin' slap any piece of music to make it sound "good".

...actually, I have the same feeling about Brawl. Great songs like Fire Field are wasted on the crappy stages they're put in >_> The sheer epicness of the soundtrack actually makes me resent the game more because it doesn't do the music justice at all.

Tetris type B, however, is just fine on a totally unfitting stage because it's highly inappropriate music to begin with.

But that's off topic.

For me it's a tossup between Genealogy and Thracia. Mystery of the Emblem has a nice soundtrack as well, but the songs from that game can get pretty repetitive after a while. Path of Radiance has some good tracks as well, but the map themes bore me.

Radiant Dawn.

Wisdom of Ages, Beauty Is A Mad Mistress, King of the Sky, Ascent and Unstoppable Destiny FTW.

No Hymn of the Righteous? =(

I loved that song. Shame Eternal Bond (boy, what an overused song) shoved it out of the game for the duration of Part 3, only reappearing in the Oliver chapter >_>

They should've imported Crimea Attacks or Congregation of Ambition instead of that.

By the way, could someone show me some other songs in PoR that are really good? If the game's map soundtrack is better than that of RD, I'd love to hear some of it.

No Hymn of the Righteous? =(

I loved that song. Shame Eternal Bond (boy, what an overused song) shoved it out of the game for the duration of Part 3, only reappearing in the Oliver chapter >_>

They should've imported Crimea Attacks or Congregation of Ambition instead of that.

By the way, could someone show me some other songs in PoR that are really good? If the game's map soundtrack is better than that of RD, I'd love to hear some of it.

Yeah, Hymn of the Righteous was pretty cool. Glory's Wings was also awesome.