A schocking truth about the Mario series has been revealed!

Water Mage

Just now, Nobody said:

I'm actually surprised people thought it was a hat. Toad's are anthropomorphic mushrooms, of course it's part of it.

The video said that in older Mario stuff it functioned as a hat and a parachute.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

The video said that in older Mario stuff it functioned as a hat and a parachute.

those were the cheaply made mario cartoons. As non canon as the CD-I Zelda games. None of those things were actually made by Nintendo

26 minutes ago, Nobody said:

those were the cheaply made mario cartoons. As non canon as the CD-I Zelda games. None of those things were actually made by Nintendo

In that case, yeah.

Wow Gameexplain must be desperate for even more views if they're doing a stupid video like this. 

Whats next? They'll follow the Source Gaming formula of saying every single Nintendos Direct or update involves a new Smash game only to have it not?

I've always personally thought the mushroom was part of Toad's body. I mean, with it being called the Mushroom Kingdom, I'm pretty sure its residents would be actual mushroom people, rather than people that just like using mushroom accessories. That, and Toadette having mushroom pigtails as part of a hat seems like a much weirder idea than the mushroom pigtails being part of Toadette's actual body.

Though for people who grew up with the Super Mario Bros. TV shows back in the day, I guess I can't exactly blame them for believing Toad's mushroom head is a hat, especially when they portray it as such multiple times in the TV series:

image.gif.31d885c755cb0f39d020816c70b1bc7e.gif

image.png.c9d1d4029170d6c8d66e2dea9a43eea3.png

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Wow Gameexplain must be desperate for even more views if they're doing a stupid video like this. 

Whats next? They'll follow the Source Gaming formula of saying every single Nintendos Direct or update involves a new Smash game only to have it not?

Hmm? Nintendo release news, GameXplain re-release it on their channel. They're doing nothing different here.

And that's some unnecessary shade, friend.

Regarding the actual news: Mario continues to have the Deepest Lore™. I liked the idea of them being hats, but it makes sense for them not to be. Curse you, Nintendo.

Edited by DodgeDusk

5 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Someone's clearly in denial...

I shall join her. Nothing wrong with it here. The world is still round.

By the way, I liked how they did Toadette in Paper Jam: papercraft = engineering in that game basically, so Toadette = girl in STEM. Yay!

I like Toadette. And Prince Mush (I liked the Glitz Pit narrative).

The Mystics in PM and PM: TTYD are also favorites of mine. Their SPM designs got a little too wacky though.

The two tracks in SMO with lyrics have grown on me in a good way. Proof that insertion of things I normally wouldn't like in just the right way in a video game can get me to like them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 2/5/2018 at 11:30 AM, Dragoncat said:

He didn't explain why Toad in the older stuff took off part of his head though!

There is no canon in mario. Each game is a separate entity. (Or perhaps if you go by the stage play theory, Toad the character it’s be his head. Toad the actor it’s a hat, and for some jokes and gags they take it off)