Do you want, and how could FEH incorporate laguz

jameslove001

I'd like to see Laguz as their own unique class with Beaststone as their unit type, and their movement type can very. I'd like for them to be like Colorless dragons essentially, but the color of their weapons is Gold/Yellow to signify that it's a divine class. I think movement should vary among Laguz just like any other weapon types, more specifically though I'd like to see beast units be treated like horses (since most animals like Lions and Wolves can run faster than Horses), Winged Laguz treated like fliers...etc.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

oh you mean like now? where its a massive pain now for 80% of the roster to deal with Dragons?

Enemy-phase units with half-decent Res have never really had trouble dealing with dragons. The only enemy-phase units that were hurt by the recent buffs to dragons are Close Counter ranged units, which weren't common to begin with.

I find that a good thing because it weakens the previously player-phase-dominated meta.

3 hours ago, Sylphid said:

That said, I really don't want to see them divided to colors based on beast/bird/dragon laguz types, because the flier and dragon pools of one color would become extremely bloated compared to others (extra minus points to anyone suggesting birds should be blue).

There is literally a grand total of 6 notable Bird Tribe characters excluding herons (Tibarn, Ulki, Janaff, Naesala, Nealuchi, Vika) and 5 notable Dragon Tribe characters excluding Rajaion (Dheginhansea, Kurthnaga, Nasir, Ena, Gareth). I don't see how that's bloating anything at all. There are fewer Dragon Tribe characters than there are sword lords. Hell, the number of Dragon Tribe characters is equal to the number of sword lords with Falchion.

If anything, green is the color that will bloat due to the much larger number of beast Laguz and beast shapeshifters in the 3DS games, but green is currently the least bloated color in the game and needs more characters in the permanent summoning pool anyways.

4 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I'd like to see Laguz as their own unique class with Beaststone as their unit type, and their movement type can very. I'd like for them to be like Colorless dragons essentially, but the color of their weapons is Gold/Yellow to signify that it's a divine class. I think movement should vary among Laguz just like any other weapon types, more specifically though I'd like to see beast units be treated like horses (since most animals like Lions and Wolves can run faster than Horses), Winged Laguz treated like fliers...etc.

Laguz are in no way divine, and there is no good reason to implement a new color that is functionally identical to colorless.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Laguz are in no way divine, and there is no good reason to implement a new color that is functionally identical to colorless.

Oh shoot that's right, I even corrected myself on this before. I was just thinking of Dheginsea and Soan and the like as being divine, but they're more higher class individuals rather than divine. My bad. Also I really only want Yellow because that just sounded cool, but then I remembered that would affect summoning sessions so never mind on that too xP. But really it's just the unique weapon type and movement that I want to see implemented.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is literally a grand total of 6 notable Bird Tribe characters excluding herons (Tibarn, Ulki, Janaff, Naesala, Nealuchi, Vika) and 5 notable Dragon Tribe characters excluding Rajaion (Dheginhansea, Kurthnaga, Nasir, Ena, Gareth). I don't see how that's bloating anything at all. There are fewer Dragon Tribe characters than there are sword lords. Hell, the number of Dragon Tribe characters is equal to the number of sword lords with Falchion.

If anything, green is the color that will bloat due to the much larger number of beast Laguz and beast shapeshifters in the 3DS games, but green is currently the least bloated color in the game and needs more characters in the permanent summoning pool anyways.

Sorry, I articulated myself really badly there.
I was referring to how adding all 5 dragon laguz to any one color would more than triple the amount of dragons said color has, while the other colors would still only have 2. But in hindsight this carries the frankly stupid assumptions that they would all be added at once. If we assume all the playable dragons who haven't been added to Heroes yet were evently distributed to the other two colors, it would still leave the dragon laguz color with almost twice as many dragons (this is ignoring characters weren't in manakete classes in their own games plus Morgan, however).
With birds, aside from the stupid assumption I made with dragons as well (though the numbers would be far less extreme in this case), my issue is that if they're Strike users, all flying Strike users would be in one color. And yes, somehow the similar issue of all infantry Strike users being in one color didn't occur to me.

Again, sorry I wrote my post without really thinking how I phrased my arguments.