Nintendo Direct confirmed for 3/8/18

Armagon

I did like the Octopath Traveler info but I am about as disappointed as anyone else about FE 16 not even getting a teaser. I suppose Intelligent Systems might have been part of developing the WarioWare game for 3ds. As far as I am aware, IntSys really isn't that big so maybe working on that game means less time for FE. In any case, I'll be very surprised if the game doesn't come out near the end of the year. It's also possible it's delayed until 2019 but I sure hope not.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean since Mario Tennis got the most screentime, I guess that this direct was targeted at me

I do have an undying love for the franchise due to the first 4 games  I'm really happy that Aces looks like it will be a return to form after the Gyroscope experiment. I am a little sceptical that slowing down time to aim and breaking rackets might end up as gimmicky or be used to cheese the AI. The game looks like it'll just have tournaments modes ala the console MT games, and not have a RPG mode. I'd like to hold out hope for it though. 

The Splatoon 2 expansion is really great, especially compared to other Nintendo DLC. For reference, 80 levels is actually more than the 32 levels in the original Splatoon 2 singleplayer.

I see this DLC as beeing more like an old school expansion-set , like Age of Empires' conquerer expansion , or Star Craft's Brood War. I love getting a big package all at once that is mostly gameplay.  It's doesn't  quite look like a "bad guy story" due to being undercover rather than an actual octoling but because of how close it is to being a bad guy story it kind of inspires hope  that other nintendo games will get that treatment.

I've watched a few people play the PS4 version of Crash trilogy, and it looks liike there are a lot of quality of life improvements over PS1 (The bazooka in Twisted doesn't stop movement, option to use Coco in platformer levels, changes to time trials). It's definately a solid game. 

Warioware looks like it's trying to be like Mario Party 300 and just compile fan-favorite mingames from every warioware except twisted, which is a good idea in theory. Like all party games, it seems great value for multiplayer, and problematic for singleplayer 

No more Heroes looks like it's just handicapped Travis'  chances to be in smash bros. To be honest I thought it would be a much bigger release on the Switch than this. I don't consider the game's theme to look very promising when the world it was already set in allowwed for crazy stuff to happen even without a computer reality. 

17 minutes ago, Reality said:

I mean since Mario Tennis got the most screentime, I guess that this direct was targeted at me

I do have an undying love for the franchise due to the first 4 games  I'm really happy that Aces looks like it will be a return to form after the Gyroscope experiment. I am a little sceptical that slowing down time to aim and breaking rackets might end up as gimmicky or be used to cheese the AI. The game looks like it'll just have tournaments modes ala the console MT games, and not have a RPG mode. I'd like to hold out hope for it though. 

The Splatoon 2 expansion is really great, especially compared to other Nintendo DLC. For reference, 80 levels is actually more than the 32 levels in the original Splatoon 2 singleplayer.

I see this DLC as beeing more like an old school expansion-set , like Age of Empires' conquerer expansion , or Star Craft's Brood War. I love getting a big package all at once that is mostly gameplay.  It's doesn't  quite look like a "bad guy story" due to being undercover rather than an actual octoling but because of how close it is to being a bad guy story it kind of inspires hope  that other nintendo games will get that treatment.

I've watched a few people play the PS4 version of Crash trilogy, and it looks liike there are a lot of quality of life improvements over PS1 (The bazooka in Twisted doesn't stop movement, option to use Coco in platformer levels, changes to time trials). It's definately a solid game. 

Warioware looks like it's trying to be like Mario Party 300 and just compile fan-favorite mingames from every warioware except twisted, which is a good idea in theory. Like all party games, it seems great value for multiplayer, and problematic for singleplayer 

No more Heroes looks like it's just handicapped Travis'  chances to be in smash bros. To be honest I thought it would be a much bigger release on the Switch than this. I don't consider the game's theme to look very promising when the world it was already set in allowwed for crazy stuff to happen even without a computer reality. 

WarioWare Gold was also said to have new microgames.

• Armagon changed the title to Nintendo Direct confirmed for 3/8/18
38 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

How can you say that there's no Pokémon, when Detective Pikachu is clearly a Pokémon game?

Like with Mario Aces where I treated spinoffs differently?

It's not that I think Detective Pikachu is a bad thing, it's that it's not a main series title. Also, I don't think we got much new about the game itself in the direct (the release date and amiibo were though).