THE ZIHARK TOPIC!

Oguma

Zihark was always good for me, but his defence sucks. He dodges well, but if he gets unlucky, he dies very easily. >_> And unfortunately, I don't use any units that can support him, so his uber-affinity is useless for me. But I still prefer him over Mia, because her defence is horrible as well, and her strength is kinda meh-ish, too.

I think Zihark is definately the best swordmaster in PoR, although not in Radiant Dawn. His defense turned out horrible on my last run, but I give him Adept and Vantage and he killed enimies before they could even touch him. Easily one of the best characters in PoR (not horrible in RD either). Plus he does just look awsome, and comes with a Killing Edge.

Zihark's pretty cool. Haven't had too many problems with him except defense (but that's expected). I'm not a big swordmaster fan but Zihark can definately hold his own and that's good enough for me. He's good in both games though I haven't played as him much in PoR.

I reckon Zihark is the best swordmaster in both games he's in. If you look at his growth his just a slightly weaker and faster Ike in PoR prior to promotion. It could be my bias for his character, but in Por his only real competition is Stefan, who is screwed by his non existent luck.

In RD and the way the game is set up makes Zihark amazing, since he's among the best of the characters in Part 1 and with paragon he can level up a good deal, and his growths and starting stats make him quite good for BEXP abuse. While Mia isn't bad either she has alot more competition in part 3 for experience since the Greil Mercs are so amazing. Also with the new support system Zihark's avoid becomes haxed and his innate adept allows him to try out more interesting skill combos then most of his peers. Though with the overall high growths in RD with a little patience and anyone can become pretty awesome but out of the swordmasters Zihark is the easiest to raise and has the least hurtful impact on the party he's in even with slight favoritism.

Zihark: A great unit in PoR, but got screwed over in Radiant Dawn due to low HP.

Mia: Typical female swordfighter in PoR, fast but weak and fragile. Phenomenal in Radiant Dawn.

Stefan: Speedy and strong, but very low luck.

Edward: Same as Stefan.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Zihark: A great unit in PoR, but got screwed over in Radiant Dawn due to low HP.

Mia: Typical female swordfighter in PoR, fast but weak and fragile. Phenomenal in Radiant Dawn.

Stefan: Speedy and strong, but very low luck.

Edward: Same as Stefan.

Edward does not exist in Path of Radiance lol.

Zihark is considered to be one of the best swordsman in the game, and that's why I never use him.

Pretty crappy reason not to use him.

I find it boring using the best characters in a game, yet it is fun sometimes. Yeah I prefer using characters that are weak, or hard to train. It's just the way I'd like to play. ^^

I prefer Mia over Zihark in Radiant Dawn, but I like Zihark better than Stefan in PoR. Earth support is pretty sexy, and his stats are pretty good too.

Quite unture The bases in HP for Zihark and Mia are quite close Mia start only with 4 more HP then Zihark does and thats how many levels she has on him so on average once at the same level Zihark on average wil have cut that small lead in half. Mia does have a better growth rate in HP... and still on average Zihark is going to have more HP then Mia.

I'm not 100% sure what are the average levels people have by end game but I know that I can have both of these characters in my party and get them to 20/20 for sure.

HP Zihark+3.8 Mia is held back by her caps here to be honest.

STRENGTH Its really a tie but technically Zihark has +.8 on her once again her caps stop her

MAGIC It doesnt matter Mia has a +.2

SKILL Tie they both ram these stats Zihark rams them a little be faster

SPEED Tie same as above

LUCK Mia wins this with a good 3.8

DEFENSE Mia wins this +1 she caps this at a decent pace

RESISTANCE Zihark has this with +4

Statwise they're almost equal though, so in battle looking nothing else they are equal however when you add in their elements I'd take Ziharks insane avoid lead over Mia's decent offensive boost Also Zihark's innate Adept covers his lacking in offensive compared to Mia, while Vantage being nerfed doesnt help Mia.

Zihark starts with better stats at a decent level; Mia handles very awkwardly when you receive her. It's more painful to build up Mia, while it's easier to build up Zihark; and you get equal if not better results from Zihark.

Besides, Zihark's Defense growth is actually pretty good despite Mia having higher HP. On top of that, Zihark has an Earth affinity so he can get quite a bit of luck from supports... Mia's affinity ain't as hot.

When it comes to swordies in Path of Radiance, I think Zihark is the best, although Stefan gives him some good competition. As a character, I like Zihark. I particularly enjoyed his supports with Brom for whatever reason.

Zihark's fine in either.

In PoR he's usually the most balanced offensively and defensively while having a kickass skill in Adept and good supports. Since he's not so good at taking hits, all 3 supports work good with him, so it's only a matter of preference if you want more attack, accuracy or avoid ( usually it's A Muarim and B Brom with me ).

In RD, he's great despite the lower growths. Unlike Mia ( unless she has bonus str/skl/spd from the start, but then again Zihark is also good transfer material in those 3 stats ), Zihark doesn't have much problems early on to actually kill, even if he does get less experience. Few members are the DB are worth using in the long run anyway, and Zihark is among the best units from 1-6 to 3-13 for the DB, and can even be recruited with the GMs in the last chapter in case you want more experience on him ( it's not like it's hard to recruit him with laguz having more movement than him anyway ).

Edited by Captain Falcon

I wish they hadn't scrapped the Ike Zihark support in PoR... it would have been totally broken but I'd would have loved to seen how these two relatively progressive minded swordsman would have gotten along... that have potential to become real good friends and friendly rivals.

I'm also interested to see he's history expanded on a little bit more.... it would have been real awesome if he's former lover was playable in RD as well and given Zihark a potential happy end in the romance situation instead of having the butter ball Meg chase after him hardcore.

I never really used him. I used Mia instead.

Seriously, Zihark > Mia. You should definitely use him at least once, so that you can witness his awesomeness ^_^

Well, he isn't that uber awesome, but he's definitely better than Mia.