Most annoying boss or unique enemy?

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That'd be level 10. Anyway, not everyone has that kind of patience.

That would be me. I don't even use Azura past Chapter 5 in Conquest. :P

Anyway, can we all agree that Kotaro is a bitch to deal with, no matter what you do? He's everything I hate about Fates' gameplay rolled into one annoying ass boss at the end of an annoying ass map.

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That would be me. I don't even use Azura past Chapter 5 in Conquest. :P

Anyway, can we all agree that Kotaro is a bitch to deal with, no matter what you do? He's everything I hate about Fates' gameplay rolled into one annoying ass boss at the end of an annoying ass map.

At least it was satisfying to kill him with Mozu. The mighty ninja, felled by a random villager with a bow.

And he has a totally bullshit reason to be fighting you in Conquest in the first place.

5 minutes ago, CyberController said:

At least it was satisfying to kill him with Mozu. The mighty ninja, felled by a random villager with a bow.

And he has a totally bullshit reason to be fighting you in Conquest in the first place.

I love Mozu for specifically this reason. Killing any boss with her is the same as making a complete fool out of them. Bonus points if it's one of the Royals.

To be fair, Conquest in itself has a pretty bullshit reason for going the way it does.

SoV Jedah in act 4 was extremely annoying for me.

I know he is technically optional at this point, but that dracoshield could easily fix up Valbar for the most part. (Since he sucks really hard at this point due to excessive mages)

Barely anything dents him, only way i've found to really hit him is fishing for a ragnarok crit with Celica, or a sagitate crit with Boey and even then getting into position to bait out his 3 hit shield is a huge pain due to the constant summons and movement impairing swamp... And combined with the fact he retreats after turn 6 or 8 (forgot which one) so you have to be quick about it.

Ironically he is alot easier to beat in the final battle...

Desaix in act 1 is also a pain for several reasons.

The problem comes from Slayde mostly. Since he has a tendency to commit suicide, which forces Desaix to leave. Only way I found to do this properly is having Slayde chase Clair all around the wall to the right side of the map, while I had Lukas and Forsyth trap Desaix in the choke point directly in front of him and slowly chipping away at him from range. Problem is to get into this position you need to have Silque know warp so you can teleport one of them behind him (Also you need both Lukas and Forsyth to have high enough defense to actually survive)

Killing Desaix here isn't the issue. Not killing Slayde is because he just loves to kill himself...

2 hours ago, CyberController said:

I can't even remember his reason for fighting you, but I'm sure it's better than Zola's.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

SoV Jedah in act 4 was extremely annoying for me.

I know he is technically optional at this point, but that dracoshield could easily fix up Valbar for the most part. (Since he sucks really hard at this point due to excessive mages)

Barely anything dents him, only way i've found to really hit him is fishing for a ragnarok crit with Celica, or a sagitate crit with Boey and even then getting into position to bait out his 3 hit shield is a huge pain due to the constant summons and movement impairing swamp... And combined with the fact he retreats after turn 6 or 8 (forgot which one) so you have to be quick about it.

Ironically he is alot easier to beat in the final battle...

Desaix in act 1 is also a pain for several reasons.

The problem comes from Slayde mostly. Since he has a tendency to commit suicide, which forces Desaix to leave. Only way I found to do this properly is having Slayde chase Clair all around the wall to the right side of the map, while I had Lukas and Forsyth trap Desaix in the choke point directly in front of him and slowly chipping away at him from range. Problem is to get into this position you need to have Silque know warp so you can teleport one of them behind him (Also you need both Lukas and Forsyth to have high enough defense to actually survive)

Killing Desaix here isn't the issue. Not killing Slayde is because he just loves to kill himself...

I find it's easiest to just box Slayde in on one of the recorvy tiles. He'll attack the weakest unit and if they're not strong enough, he should recover more damage than is dealt to him. Or at the very least, the difference should give you more than enough time to deal with Desaix provided you're lucky in hits/crits. Not sure about Echoes, but in the original Gaiden there's a 50 turn time limit on beating him.

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I can't even remember his reason for fighting you, but I'm sure it's better than Zola's.

I guess "deceitful scum" would be it. Basically, he's the type of guy who'd betray anyone to get a leg up. In other words, allies are only the enemies of his enemies.