Debate Challenges

Mekkah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh come on Colm, you can't learn to debate by repeatedly forfeiting...I can help or teach you or whatever if you want though.

anyway, I can't see Harken side ever winning that, so I guess I can take you on using Harken.

Edited by Mekkah

Your post is really good. What do you want me to do? Make up BS or something. Hell you have like all the evidence to back you up. But on second thought, I'm not going to forfeit on the Rath vs Oswin though since I couldn't really catch what you said. I'll reply that post later...

But yeah, I'll start and make the Pent vs Harken topic. Mind if I do the opening?

Edited by 安室奈美恵

Make up BS or something.

That's what I do, or what all debaters do. Make BS seem believable.

EDIT:

gg Duff

Edited by Mekkah

Indeed, just make up some BS, but make sure the other debater can't detect it. But seriously, I think you've forfeited all your debates so far... Please finish one sometime soon.

I've gotten some motivation to work on Jamka vs. Holyn again, so I suppose I'll work on that one again, Mekkah. We'll definitely finish the debate ;)

And that reminds me... there's quite a few people who still need to post counters against me. Swordsalmon and bunny, to name a few...

And that reminds me... there's quite a few people who still need to post counters against me. Swordsalmon and bunny, to name a few...

I'm going to be making my counters for all my debates this weekend, since this week I'm quite busy.

Also, I'd really like to do a Machuya Vs Shiva debate with someone, if they'd like to defend Shiva. ^_^

BS is bullshit.

Tomorrow I finish, so I guess I'll be opening on friday. Anyone got a page for statistics such as real hit and crit values?

For making my posts, I mostly rely on:

- the SF main site

- Reikken's site, mostly the EXP calc and the game stats -> battlestats converter

- Real Hit can be found here, but I use an IRC function for it

Also, I'd really like to do a Machuya Vs Shiva debate with someone, if they'd like to defend Shiva.

This is even more lopsided than Titania vs Oscar :( According to the latest discussions from the FE5 tier list, this is like a two tier gap.

Edited by Mekkah

This is even more lopsided than Titania vs Oscar :( According to the latest discussions from the FE5 tier list, this is like a two tier gap.

I want to try proving that Machuya isn't as average as we've discussed so far. ^_^

Oh, I must have read wrong. I thought you wanted to use Shiva. In that case, I'll gladly take you on if you're okay with it. Don't think I've forgotten about Hicks vs Kein though, I'm just gathering some enemy samples.

I was planning on posting in that debate. And finishing the one with Mekkah, however I've been busy with irl matter, books and now FEDS in English. I'll try to have my posts up this weekend if you're willing to wait.

I was planning on posting in that debate. And finishing the one with Mekkah, however I've been busy with irl matter, books and now FEDS in English. I'll try to have my posts up this weekend if you're willing to wait.

Alrighty then, I'll wait.

Sorry Tino. :D

Congrats Mekkah. The votes seem to be going in your favor, and not without reason: Your defense of Ward was very good. Darn that Fire affinity!

I am always open to do another FE6 debate against anyone. What tier of character I use does not matter to me, and I can open if that's what people want. Low tiers still tend to be more interesting though.

I can also promise that I'll be a lot more timely with my replies since after finals week (which is next week) I will have three weeks off and I will have a lot more free time.

If anyone's interested, just post or pm me.

If you're up for something other than FE6, then that would be nice, since I'm not as familiar with that game. However, I do want to try an FE6 debate for once (since I've never actually done one). If you really want to do an FE6 one, that's fine with me, although I would prefer and FE7, FE8 or FE9 debate, since I'm most familiar with those games :)

Your choice, really :)

I've played 7-9 a long time ago, but I don't know much about them. Like, those were the days I thought Canas and Dart were God tier and I didn't know what supports even did, let alone how to build them. I did play HHM before though so I could try 7.

I know a lot of the theoretical stuff about 5 even though I haven't finished it yet. Which is a shame, because that game is really great.

But anyhow, if you feel up to Sword of Seals then that's my preference. If not, I am willing to try Blazing Sword though. I'll just have to remember that contrary to my personal experience, Isadora isn't actually a better character than Guy.

Congrats Mekkah. The votes seem to be going in your favor, and not without reason: Your defense of Ward was very good. Darn that Fire affinity!

Gotta be honest here, I think Ward is one of the better garbage tier units. He has the best supports and affinity out of all of them, he has some actual strong points (HP and Str, giving him _some_ durability and offense), and he has a level lead over all the ones who come underleveled (such as Lilina etc).

If anyone cares, I can post a review with comments on the debate, since it seems like good learning material for people like Colm and Legault who want to get into debating.

Also, Duff, I'm obviously up for a SoS rematch. I dunno who to use though, as many of them have been chewed out in discussions/debates before, and half of them are Snipers. I suppose I could make do with Dorothy?

Also also, Reikken/Former Guest, you still there?

Edited by Mekkah

If anyone cares, I can post a review with comments on the debate, since it seems like good learning material for people like Colm and Legault who want to get into debating.
I think that's probably a good idea. Hell, if you need help with it, I'd offer to as well. It was a pretty good debate.

I've played 7-9 a long time ago, but I don't know much about them. Like, those were the days I thought Canas and Dart were God tier and I didn't know what supports even did, let alone how to build them. I did play HHM before though so I could try 7.

I know a lot of the theoretical stuff about 5 even though I haven't finished it yet. Which is a shame, because that game is really great.

But anyhow, if you feel up to Sword of Seals then that's my preference. If not, I am willing to try Blazing Sword though. I'll just have to remember that contrary to my personal experience, Isadora isn't actually a better character than Guy.

I'll try a Sword of Seals one then, since trying never hurts ;)

I also am not familiar with SoS tier lists, so you choose some characters that are fairly close to eachother on one. And it's like you have with Thracia, I know quite some theoretical things about the game, although I am not very familiar with the chapters, enemies and similar things (I have beaten it, though).

Oh, I must have read wrong. I thought you wanted to use Shiva. In that case, I'll gladly take you on if you're okay with it. Don't think I've forgotten about Hicks vs Kein though, I'm just gathering some enemy samples.

Alright. I'm going to open soon enough.

Can't wait for both your arguments. :)

EDIT: Someone please open the topic. I still don't have permission to do so. <_<

Edited by Swordsalmon

I got ye a topic.

Is anyone interested in an FE4 second gen debate between two subs? I think their mini tier list would go like

Good: Dimna, Rodolban, Radney, Linda, Hawk, Femina, Assaelo, Laylea

Mediocre: Amid, Tristan, Mana, Janne

Extremely Lame: Daisy, Sharlow