Would Skadi be broken if it was every three turns?

Jotari

So I'm a little underwhelmed by possessed Takumi. He's pretty fast, but he can't use weapon triangle advantage to deal serious damage and he's piss pooor defenses means he's not getting much out of enemies being unable to use weapon triangle advantage on him. Do you think his Area of Effect attack would be too powerful if it launched every three turns, instead of just on the third? I think with how easy it is for Takumi to die, getting to the sixth turn with him alive would be more than enough to compensate. Of course, this would mean in practice, using Takumi would more often involve camping at the bottom of the map and not using him. I don't know, what do you think? Is he fine the way he is? Or do you think this boost would be useful? And also, how disappointed are you that there no animation for the attack!

In arena maybe not since they auto-agro or TT where it's timed, but in maps and the like where you could just camp, unless they make the damage trigger movement, then yeah, since you could just sit there and bring everyone to 1 and pick them off.

Edit: realized it was super pointless to quote the OP.

Edited by bottlegnomes

They could've maybe upped the damage, but otherwise he's a great f2p unit. He'll certainly be helpful in the upcoming Minerva BHB with panic ploy and some damage on top

Agreed. Skadi’s effect as of right now is really underwhelming. If camping out was the worry then the damage from it should have been something that would aggro the AI. There’s also maps where its effect is pretty pointless due to the layout so he can’t even take advantage of it consistently.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

I think it's fine as is. Letting it trigger repeatedly would have little to no relevance in fast battles and only serve to encourage extremely slow play.

Part of the problem of it acting multiple times is for the more challenging pve modes. Some GHB's are tricky precisely due to the difficutly of aggro'ing the AI without getting the leading unit curbstomped. Letting Skaldi aggro would trivialize that. Letting Skaldi work multiple times without aggro'ing would also be rather broken. The way I would have done it would have it be his special instead. That way you can fire it multiple times, but you need to actually be in combat. Would also be nice to make the effect work on columns or rows. I.E. on maps where columns don't make sense you could make it fire on rows by controlling your angle of attack. The problem of course is deciding exactly how to handle the off center attacks since he is ranged. Clearly that is a bucket of worms the devs didn't want to touch given the way current AoE's work. So I doubt we would get that nice little feature.  Maybe let the bow auto charge his special on the 3rd turn and inflict panic when an AoE special activates so that it is mostly the same as it is now timing/effect wise. Would people be likely to care less if the special bow is just an auto-charged special and he had a unique AoE special?

On 3/17/2018 at 8:06 AM, Jotari said:

I think with how easy it is for Takumi to die, getting to the sixth turn with him alive would be more than enough to compensate. Of course, this would mean in practice, using Takumi would more often involve camping at the bottom of the map and not using him.

Keeping a single unit alive for a long time is pretty easy. That's what the rest of the team is there for, after all. You can do it exactly by how you say you can, by letting them camp out in a corner of the map away from everything else.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:48 AM, Usana said:

The problem of course is deciding exactly how to handle the off center attacks since he is ranged.

Every similar skill (after-combat effects, before-combat Special skills) centers its effect on the target.

EDIT:

For anyone who isn't already aware, Skadi's damage will not trigger aggro on enemies that do not move until aggroed. Damaged units will trigger units with healing assist skills to move to heal, but will not cause them to aggro, and they will stop moving once there is no one left to heal (or the other units cannot be reached).

Edited by Ice Dragon