What do you think is the saddest moment in any FE game?

Killer Poleax

I thought

Misheil's

was pretty justified, since he was supposed to be dead in the first place, but it's still sad. Everything about the game was just depressing.

The backstory of the

Mamkutes

. FE3 just keeps making Marth look more and more evil. :(

Useless fact of the day: One possible way to romanize Marth's name is "Malus", which is Latin for "evil man".

In short, it doesn't particularly surprise me that Marth is evil.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it's that scene in Path of Radiance with Ike & Mist at Greil's grave. The music and the dialogue just gets me everytime. I don't usually cry when I play video games but I always get teary eyed during this moment.

Yeah, That was most saddening moment for me as well.

Spoilers (that have already been spoiled 1000 times XD)

I know its been said alot but...

When Eliwood kills Ninian...

That is the single saddest thing in any FE I've ever played (I've played 7-10). I don't know about you... but I'ld feel like **** if I killed the woman I loved.

Then to add to the sadness, her little brother is nearby XD.

Edited by Chris Lionheart

When an entire generation that has been fighting a meaningless war if only to clear their names, each with his own hopes and dreams, die before your eyes.

When Eltshan was executed.

Sigurd.

Travant.

Alvis.

A lot of things about him actually, such as his history in Velthomer, his mother, his father, his half-brother (guess who), and prince Kult. One of the sadder moments is that when he's still protecting his son even though he knows its too late to save him and knows that Yurius murdered Diadora. Wouldn't stop him even if he could or wanted to, the man cares deeply about his family.

When all FE5 characters apparently died in chapter 8 of FE4. "No one survived the last raid."

I know I took the liberties on that last one, but the initial idea for FE5 (being an alternate twist to FE4) had to come from somewhere. I think.

Spoilers (that have already been spoiled 1000 times XD)

I know its been said alot but...

When Eliwood kills Ninian...

That is the single saddest thing in any FE I've ever played (I've played 7-10). I don't know about you... but I'ld feel like **** if I killed the woman I loved.

Then to add to the sadness, her little brother is nearby XD.

I suppose whoever reads this may have had fair warning, but that's quite a spoiler you've got there.

And for the record, I agree. Come to think of it, did anybody ever mention

when Greil killed Elena

? I wonder if many people would be so mad with grief that they'd mutilate the hand that killed their loved ones...

Edited by Paper Jam

FE3 book 2 is the saddest game for me, especially the moment when

Lawrence died. Having to see that happen to one of my favorite characters from Book 1 so early in the game was just too unexpected.

Then there were those recruitment conversations for the sisters in the final chapter. The talks were pretty sad by themselves, but with that music playing... :(

Finally there were those CGs at the end of the game reminding us of more sad moments from the story, including

Misheil's death (though I really felt sorry for Maria rather than her brother) and Hardain's and Nina's sorrows.

I suppose whoever reads this may have had fair warning, but that's quite a spoiler you've got there.

And for the record, I agree. Come to think of it, did anybody ever mention

when Greil killed Elena

? I wonder if many people would be so mad with grief that they'd mutilate the hand that killed their loved ones...

I probably would have gone as far as to commit suicide if I were him, but I could definitely sympathize with him.

When all FE5 characters apparently died in chapter 8 of FE4. "No one survived the last raid."

I know I took the liberties on that last one, but the initial idea for FE5 (being an alternate twist to FE4) had to come from somewhere. I think.

I hate to spoilers things but

What they meant by that is all the low-class solider who went with August got killed.

Esp. when you're talking about most of the character's ending in FE5, there's no way in hell everyone in FE5 got killed and also, near the end of FE5, it ties up with when that statement from Leaf was made.

Esp. when you're talking about most of the character's ending in FE5, there's no way in hell everyone in FE5 got killed and also, near the end of FE5, it ties up with when that statement from Leaf was made.

Well, aside from Fiana's fighter you meant? But that's only because they left after the end of FE5.

Well, aside from Fiana's fighter you meant? But that's only because they left after the end of FE5.

Remember that this is during the siege of Lenster, so chapters 19-20, so there were generic Lenster soldiers within Leaf's ranks. It's likely that the failed raid would be them.

Afterwards, Leaf liberates Manster in Chapter 7, where FE5 ends.

Afterwards, Leaf liberates Manster in Chapter 7, where FE5 ends.

Chapter 7? Chapter 7 of FE4 you meant?

Unless I remember it incorrectly, but Manstern appears in Chapter 8 of FE4, not Chapter 7.

But then, they haven't face off Thracia's armies. There are still plenty of times for them to die. :(

Well, I just saw Ninian die at the hands of Eliwood (again).

The first time, I was upset, but now, since I have her as Eliwood's lover, I'm almost chocking up tears. To kill the woman you love with no knowledge or control, man, that's some deep shit. (Maybe I might use that idea if I become a game designer).

I think I'm going gay now over a video game.

EDIT: lol time paradox

Edited by Brown Fox of Earth