So I been "playing" some Melee

Rehab

people just think brawl is better than melee now because they are more used to the not so fast dropping in brawl unlike in melee when they are. last time I played with masu and faiya, they killed them selves too much therefor, they think brawl is better because of that. besides the stages and music, there's not much of a difference

There are actual combos in Melee due to there being noticeable hitstun. More than one character dominated the scenes for tourneys. Gameplay was so much faster and always had me on the edge. Captain Falcon was EFFIN amazing in Melee and most of his moves combo into the knee <333. No random god-awful tripping. Also, in melee, camping isn't a winning strategy unlike in brawl...

If you remove Metaknight from Brawl, it becomes much more balanced than Melee.

so? Metaknight still exists. And melee is pretty balanced. Even though you see marth, fox, falco, and Sheik dominating in general, for brawl, if it's not Metaknight, it's usually snake (Though MD/VA is an exception since we have all of H2YL lol)

Edited by Rei

so? Metaknight still exists. And melee is pretty balanced. Even though you see marth, fox, falco, and Sheik dominating in general, for brawl, if it's not Metaknight, it's usually snake (Though MD/VA is an exception since we have all of H2YL lol)

lawl that is so not true

On top of that there was more variety in melee style... enough so that the better player wins more often, as opposed to the better character.

The thing that makes playing with my brother in Melee even more frustrating, he insists on using items, although I play as Fox. If you ask me, that gives me an even bigger edge than I'd already have over him. Unless if it's just food, throwing a Bob-omb or something at me is suicide on his part. I wished I lived in the Melee tournament areas......that'd be neat! (were there ever major tournaments in Evansville, Indiana?)

On top of that there was more variety in melee style... enough so that the better player wins more often, as opposed to the better character.

Yup, exactly. I saw Mew2King decimate people with Pichu, the 2nd worst character in the game. He 4-stocked a decent Sheik.

However in brawl, when pros use low tiers and face a random metaknight at a tourney. They usually end up at the last stock mid-high %. Kinda bullshit IMO when the character you choose matters THAT much.

Brawl is just incredibly lacking in options available for any given situation. Particularly on the ground.

Edgeguarding is also incredibly lame; either there's no point thanks to edge mechanics (snap-on) or every single attack can be DI'ed up to some absurd angle. Or recoveries are just too good.

I quit playing Smash altogether when Brawl came out and I realized I wasn't getting any better at Melee =( I'm absolutely terrible with every character in high tier and up; I don't know why I can't learn them.

This should not be a Brawl topic. Not like it's a hot topic or anything but anyway.

Since I missed C3 I found some small melee tournament close by this Saturday. Melee gets to be the first game I play at a real tournament setting whoo

Yup, exactly. I saw Mew2King decimate people with Pichu, the 2nd worst character in the game. He 4-stocked a decent Sheik.

It was funny, during a Melee tournament in Band Camp, I decimated my final opponent with Pichu. They said I had to use him because I was too good! If they made me use Ganondorf, maybe I wouldn't have won. Still, I get what your saying as far as tier gap not being as major in Melee.

And people are like "OMFG TIERS ARE FOR QUEERS." Though you see the people who get the top places using those characters since they're mostly equal skill, except for M2K being better than everyone else. Though against other good players, he needs to use Marth and his other best top tiers, just because they're better.

I went to my first Melee smashfest and got wrecked and ate pizza. It was cool.

Wait, did you go to Sypher's. I missed it cause I'm in Culpeper right now. He called me XD

Does anyone know why Dr. Mario is 4 places higher than Mario on the latest tier list? It doesn't seem to make much sense.

Better F-air. pills > fireballs. better at comboing characters like Marth and Sheik. Overall stronger in general.

Edited by Rei

Better F-air. pills > fireballs. better at comboing characters like Marth and Sheik. Overall stronger in general.

Fair and pills I agree with, and I'm not too clear on who's better at comboing who (I've seen Eggz's videos where he does crazy stuff and the difference isn't too obvious to me). But 4 spots higher on the tier list? Both dsmashes are rather equal in power (Doc's is stronger but the difference isn't that much iirc), both can edgeguard equally well with bair, and I'd argue that Mario's nair has slightly more utility than Doc's. Mario also has slightly better recovery (which almost doesn't matter because both recoveries are total ass) and an fsmash that's not ridiculously hard to land. Whatever advantages each has over the other amount to so little.

But I guess debating about this is rather pointless =X the tier list's not changing again anytime soon.

Edited by dondon151

trust me, I play arguably the best Doc AND Mario player. Boss. He beat Azen's Marth back in melee with Mario. Doc's N-air is screwy since it gets stronger through the duration of the attack and it fucks with people, especially Fox.

Wait, did you go to Sypher's. I missed it cause I'm in Culpeper right now. He called me XD

>:[

Yes. I did.

Edited by Mac