Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Just now, Benice said:

Marcia

Good taste.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

YAAHHOOOOOO!!! Here he comes! Mage Raphael is happening when I get Three Houses!

Kyon-Facepalm.gif

Why does my opinion on Three Houses change by the hour?

Because you're beginning to realize that it's one of the best games in the series.

---------

"Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? - Infinite Combate" ------ A recent release, actually.

Who is your favorite Elibe character?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Because you're beginning to realize that it's one of the best games in the series.

Well, it goes up and down.

Me two days ago: Man, Three houses SUCKS!

Me yesterday: It'd be cool to try Three houses.

Me this morning: Why would anyone play Three Houses?!

Me right now: I can't wait to get to play Three Houses!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? - Infinite Combate" ------ A recent release, actually.

I should try this.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who is your favorite Elibe character?

Hmm...Probably Eliwood or Canas.

Who is your favorite character from Sacred Stones?

Well, it goes up and down.

Me two days ago: Man, Three houses SUCKS!

Me yesterday: It'd be cool to try Three houses.

Me this morning: Why would anyone play Three Houses?!

Me right now: I can't wait to get to play Three Houses!

You'll see the light. I know it.

-------------

Haven't played enough of it to say, but I'm leaning towards Eirika. She seems very sweet and innocent. A very hopeful idealism.

Who is your favorite Archanea character?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

She seems very sweet and innocent. A very hopeful idealism.

Blessed. We'll see what you think of her later on-Assuming you're going Eirika route. There's a pretty controversial scene there...

Anyways, I like FE8's cast quite a bit, 'cause they're generally simple characters but are mostly interesting.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

You'll see the light. I know it.

Well, part of the thing is that I know it'll surpass expectations because my expectations are so low, but then my expectations go up. And then back down because I think of the Monastery.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Who is your favorite Archanea character?

Est the best! I like characters who are canonically in a relationship in general. (Of course, you have to headcanon that Abel's the same age...)

Who is your favorite Fates' character other than Corrin/Felicia?

She is dead to me since I haven’t played her game.

Why can Dimitri and Hapi still not get their A support when I’m 3/4 done with the game?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why does Ingrid struggle on hard mode in 3H?

Because you didn’t give her the dlc strength booster

I like her. Her design is good, and she's pretty interesting. She's a bit weak in Part 3, and everyone else in the plot stomps her in terms of importance, but she's still cool.

What do you think of Celica's decision in part 4?

EDIT: Double Ninja'd, how?

B/C apparently it wasn't worthwhile at all.

Edited by Benice

Because they're generally more naive and are either overshadowed by the male protagonists, (Lyn) or are more flawed. (Celica, Eirika. Their male counterparts are both perfect, although Ephraim is slightly less so.)

Would Raphael dress up as Santa for Chritmas at Garreg mach? (Or Sothismas, I guess.)

Just now, Benice said:

Because they're generally more naive and are either overshadowed by the male protagonists, (Lyn) or are more flawed. (Celica, Eirika. Their male counterparts are both perfect, although Ephraim is slightly less so.)

Hm. You'd think that characters with flaws would be more appreciated since they're more relatable. Maybe that's just me. But that's why characters like Edelgard and Dimitri appeal to me so much. They aren't perfect. They are troubled individuals who battle within themselves while also trying to fight for something greater.

Yes. And he'd eat all the cookies.

Which 3H student would be most likely to tape a "kick me" sign to Seteth's back?

Yes because it gives him an excuse to have all the cookies and milk.

Why is the dlc actually very worth it?

Ninja’d, the answer is obviously Flayn

Edited by Sooks1016

Hm. You'd think that characters with flaws would be more appreciated since they're more relatable. Maybe that's just me.

No, I agree. Well, I feel that both Celica's and Eirika's decisions were completely justified-Heck, it's why I like Eirika so much-It was a good portrayal of how people deal with grief IMO.

Because it supports Nintendo to make more FE games?

Why is mage Raphael a good idea?

It's almost all stuff that should've been in the game in the first place, so to me, it's not really worth it. 
The Ashen Wolves also aren't that interesting to me, honestly. Except maybe Hapi, but I'm not forking over 30+ Euros for a single character I might like.

Hm. You'd think that characters with flaws would be more appreciated since they're more relatable.

Some FE fans are hypocrites.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Which 3H student would be most likely to tape a "kick me" sign to Seteth's back?

Claude. 100% him.

Because it supports Nintendo to make more FE games?

Nope. DLC exists to 1) extort people out of more money, and 2) make the upper echelon of those companies more cash.
It doesn't support anything related to game development, even though they'd like to pretend that it does.

Why is the Golden Deer Route called "Verdant" Wind and not "Yellow" Wind?

Because [Spoiler, I guess]

Spoiler

TWISTD make tactical nukes from javelins of light, so they tried to do that with Lysithea too.

Why will I do my utmost to ruin everybody as a unit?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It's almost all stuff that should've been in the game in the first place, so to me, it's not really worth it. 
The Ashen Wolves also aren't that interesting to me, honestly. Except maybe Hapi, but I'm not forking over 30+ Euros for a single character I might like.

Yeah, that's basically why I won't buy it. The only character I kind of like is Hapi, and the actual side story isn't really worth it. Not when I have three more routes in the base game I could play already.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Some FE fans are hypocrites.

Indeed.

Nope. DLC exists to 1) extort people out of more money, and 2) make the upper echelon of those companies more cash.
It doesn't support anything related to game development, even though they'd like to pretend that it does.

Agreed.

Why is the Golden Deer Route called "Verdant" Wind and not "Yellow" Wind?

Yellow wind doesn't quite have the same poetic punch that Verdant Wind does, imo.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why will I do my utmost to ruin everybody as a unit?

Because you enjoy pain and suffering.

----------

What is one aspect of your favorite FE game that makes you love it so much?

Permadeath, and commanding units who are people-I do enjoy the story aspect of FE, I just feel that it isn't always necessary. I love Berwick because of the way the character arcs work, and it makes me wanna use every last one of them!

How about you?

Yeah, that's basically why I won't buy it. The only character I kind of like is Hapi, and the actual side story isn't really worth it. Not when I have three more routes in the base game I could play already.

I watched a playthrough of Cindered Shadows and it's certainly an interesting story, but not worth forking over half the price of a full game for, in my honest opinion.

Yellow wind doesn't quite have the same poetic punch that Verdant Wind does, imo.

True (There probably is a poetic equivalent for yellow. It just didn't come to mind at that moment. XP)
By the way, the fact that it's called "Verdant" Wind strengthened my "this is totally Dynasty Warriors-inspired" theory, since Verdant = Green and green is the main color of one of the factions in that series, with the other two being red and blue respectively.

---

Characters. Definitely characters!
To me, the characters are the strongest point of Three Houses.

How about the next poster?

The relationships between the characters as well as how they develop as the story progresses are what I love so much about Three Houses. It really nails that aspect where past games either fell short or failed entirely.

And the next poster?

At the core of it, it's the turn-based strategy RPG gameplay of Fire Emblem that keeps me returning to it. I can make do without characters, I can make do without story, I can bear with old or bad graphics, and I've actually played 3H completely silent. At the end of the day, there is something inherently fun in FE gameplay for me, it's the battles- provided a measure of strategy is included and not too much tedium- that brings me back to it again and again. Other SRPGs in the "Final Fantasy Tactics" mold feel far slower to me, and lean more heavily on the RPG side over strategy I think, FE is perceptibly faster and ends up being more fun for that and other reasons. 

Instead of (well, in addition to really, too many people would be angry otherwise) another Fire Emblem Warriors, what if we got Dynasty Warriors Emblem?

Because dads, in one way or another, represent one of the first challenges in life a child must overcome. Be it from their absence or their antagonistic presence, the father is a cornerstone of a person's development.

Who is the worst video game parent of either sex that you've seen?

Because it's a good way to make the protagonist undergo character development. In theory, anyways.

Why is Bernstool the best FE dad?

5ekaPIkt_o.png

Ninja'd.

(Also credit to Saint Rubenio for this.)

Edited by Benice