Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

As many as the first general did, and nobody knows that amount except the first general himself. He lives in the woods somewhere, but I hear the last guy who went in to ask him never came back...

If oranges are called oranges, then why aren't limes called greens and lemons called yellows?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

If oranges are called oranges, then why aren't limes called greens and lemons called yellows

Cause lettuce and stuff was already called greens, and "yellows" is a god awful name or anything.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

How do you become Frank?

https://www.wikihow.com/Legally-Change-Your-Name

Is now just a sequel to the 80s?

Edited by ProfImpossible

The Nows are indeed the sequel to the smash hit The 80's, but it's also a prequel to The 70's so in what order you need to watch them in gets confusing.

Is a thumb a finger?

I dunno. Why does anyone ask rhetorical questions?

Does Eliwood realize that having an equal win/loss score between him and Hector is bad for Eliwood because he already has the weapon triangle advantage?

Maybe him and Hector just used sticks? Sticks aren't part of the weapon triangle...

What's a dog's favorite pizza topping?

Bark olives? Rrrrrrred sauce? Ruff cut onions? Grrrround beef? That's all the dog puns I can think of at the moment 

What's a cat's favorite pizza topping?

Fish. Although it probably isn't a good idea to give pizza to a dog or a cat (the dog because pizza cheese isn't good for them (although normal cheese is). The cat because they have a hard time digesting the bread. Found this via google search. Make of that what you will).

What is the character limit for the forum posts?

Edited by Hawkwing

Depends on how long your character profiles are and if there are any images.

9 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

Bark olives? Rrrrrrred sauce? Ruff cut onions? Grrrround beef? That's all the dog puns I can think of at the moment 

Pupperoni and muttsarella cheese! But those are good ones too.

Will you take the red pill or the blue pill?

11 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Pupperoni and muttsarella cheese! But those are good ones too.

thanks but dang, those are way better.

11 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Will you take the red pill or the blue pill?

Red.. no blue.. no AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My bad, here's the question. pqowfciheubygfqxmogexfa?

Edited by ProfImpossible
no question.

What is the question?

Can we answer a question with a question?

What happens if someone answers a rhetorical question?

What even is a rhetorical question?

Did I go overboard?

...there's no ('f' in) way...

...Alive, that is...

Why is this thread such a rollercoaster between serious questions and goofy ones?

37 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

...there's no ('f' in) way...

You won a million internets because I didn't think I'd get the "right" answer but I did! Full answer "You take the F out of way" "But there's no F in way.."

Current question: Because they don't shower or use deodorant.

Why do the cops tell people to say the alphabet backwards to see if they're drunk when most people probably couldn't even do that sober?

Edited by Dragoncat

Not off the top of your head, but it's easier than you would think if you thought about it a little you could figure it out without much trouble. Alcohol impairs your ability to think clearly about stuff like this (unless you have the smarts equivalent of the drunken fist, which I don't think exists) thus they ask people to do it. Oh, man, I had something for this. Cops.. copse? No that wasn't it. *sigh* it's gone now.

I need a new heel for my shoe, where should I go?

You won a million internets because I didn't think I'd get the "right" answer but I did! Full answer "You take the F out of way" "But there's no F in way.."

It took several rereads to finally understand the joke. Admittedly, Takei's face didn't help, as it made it hard to determine just how innocent the meme was.

Why do the cops tell people to say the alphabet backwards to see if they're drunk when most people probably couldn't even do that sober?

Presumably, a sober person would realize that they made a mistake pretty quickly and would attempt to correct it, while a drunk person would take a while longer to realize a mistake, and their attempt at fixing it would be slow and odd. Presumably.

Ninja'd

18 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

unless you have the smarts equivalent of the drunken fist, which I don't think exists

Actually, the Zui Quan "Drunken Fist" martial art just intimidates the movements and actions of a drunk person. The fighter doesn't actually get drunk. It's meant to be unpredictable, but there is a method behind the madness so to speak. Since actions speak louder than words, I'll link two examples below (Both from Jackie Chan):

Spoiler

It's only in the first fight of this video, but it's a great example none-the-less:

18 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

I need a new heel for my shoe, where should I go?

The hardware store. Buy some nails and some wood and fix it yourself. Seriously though, you're probably better off getting a new shoe, although some stores may fix it for you.

Why is the United States Postal Service, scratch that, why are Postal Services in general so dedicated to their jobs?

Because someone's gotta deliver that mail.

Why is it that in the Spanish language, the inebriation for the United States is "EE.UU" E stands for "estados" (states) and U stands for "unidos" (united) but why ae there two of them in the abbreviation?

21 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Actually, the Zui Quan "Drunken Fist" martial art just intimidates the movements and actions of a drunk person. The fighter doesn't actually get drunk. It's meant to be unpredictable, but there is a method behind the madness so to speak. Since actions speak louder than words, I'll link two examples below (Both from Jackie Chan):

Oh cool I didn't know that. My knowledge is just based off "The Legend of the Drunken Master" (I think it's called) in which I believe the character actually does drink to fight or only fights when he drinks or something. It's been awhile since I saw it, but it was a great movie. I think "Around the World in 80 Days" is still my favorite Jackie Chan movie though.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why is it that in the Spanish language, the inebriation for the United States is "EE.UU" E stands for "estados" (states) and U stands for "unidos" (united) but why ae there two of them in the abbreviation?

In Spanish, double letters in abbreviations are sometimes used to denote plurals. So the difference between united states, and united state.

Who thought, "hey, you know that park full of dinosaurs that didn't turn out so well, what if we did that again?" 

That is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
that Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
when we have shuffled off this mortal coil,