THE NEXT PERSON WHO DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF SATIRE AND PARODY IS GETTING PUNCHED IN THE JAW!!!

Steven Tyler

*Sigh*

So I was trolling this Anti-Obama group on Facebook the other day by posting bullshit links claiming that he "cheated" and "brought" the election. Since a good deal of the members on that group are biased, blinded morons, I thought it was a good idea attack them with pro-Obama sites and the Obamaroll videos.

My sister found the the group and thought I was anti Obama (Despite me posting the pro-Obama sites OUT IN THE CLEAR BLUE ON THE GROUP IN A TOPIC) and she called me a "race traitor", "Uncle Tom" and went on a rant talking about how it wasn't funny.

Also, she can't tell what's a joke because a "member" on the anti-Obama group called me a racist towards blacks, despite me being black and me Obamarolling the group.

God, I HATE anyone who take a joke seriously or can't tell an OBVIOUS JOKE!!!

Hmmm, really, it can be hard to tell if somebody is serious on the internet sometimes. Sure, people can tell someone is joking if they say something like Oliver being beautiful. However, most anti-*insert politician here* will believe anything. I don't know what to say about your sister, it must be a girl thing. My sister spazzes at what to me seems weird to be worked up over.

Edited by Kintenbo

No one understands my jokes either. :(

Just because I don't put [/joke] people always think I'm talking seriously.

Unlezz I be spellin leik dis.

Sort of how folks at my school thought I was on drugs when I made the story "Yrrep's Employment"? (I posted it on this site, in the Written works section, by the way) They thought I was serious making that....

Verbal attacks aren't always painful.

And satire is only good if it's subtle.

Not subtle is sort of like South Park's making fun of Steve Irwin's death thing? (the reason I despise that show beyond any other show) I'm shocked his family didn't sue the makers, since I heard the news of the episode around a week after his death. Meh, I could probably just be a sentimentalist, like Ringo Starr...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire point of trolling to make people believe you rather than see through the joke? If so, I guess you have real right to be complaining, since you very clearly succeeded in being a troll.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire point of trolling to make people believe you rather than see through the joke? If so, I guess you have real right to be complaining, since you very clearly succeeded in being a troll.

I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or serious and because of that, I'm starting to like you!

Usually, with satire some trolling, you're supposed to be serious for a while, but at the end, people gotta figure out that you were joking all along. Some people can't handle that.

Read something like "A Modest Proposal", a story with satire. In the story, the author writes to the upperheads in his government about hunting and killing poor people and children so they could feed the upper-class and basically, wipe out the lower-class. Many people thought the guy was being serious until he basically gave everyone a huge middle finger and say he was joking and was saying on how the low-class were treated like inhuman and unworthy.