Finn Deserves Better

indigoasis

1 hour ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Justify it however you feel, But lets be honest, who you are what game your from, your relevance means nothing. It's popularity that makes units good. I don't get what makes a lance Cav "vanilla" that seems like your personal opinion. Plus you've looked at this from a game point of view, I never said Finns stuff had to be good. I just wanted him to have something to make him different. People can have special stuff and be bad, I wouldn't care, I just like the Idea of people who had something individual in their game having that show. If a unit did something special let it show! Holy blood should give you something. You should have the personal weapons you have! If that weapon is something else that exist it could just be a slightly altered "X's Weapon" even if it's just more might....

Also armours hardly "Limited to one move" Boots/March makes them OP as they are unhindered by terrain and have normal movement.

The Brave Lance is a very rare lance in the series in general; I believe you get one a game. If there was a special one for Finn though--and I believe it could have been implemented on Finn since it is true to his Thracia form-- is having the lance accelerate Miracle activation. It would make perfect sense. Miracle is his distinguishing skill, especially in Thracia where it can reach a 90% activation rate. 

Cavaliers are very solid performers in their respective games and are highly valued for their movement but generally don't have the wow factor that some infantry units and armors have. Their value is that they'll hit twice and kill what is in their way, and proc' a special once in a while. It's nowhere near something like Brave or Vanguard Ike and his Breath A-skill.

The are 13 Lance Cavs in the game. Aside from Legendary Ephraim and Camus, unlocking the offensive potential will require skill inheritance for specials, A skills, B skills, and C skills to reach their "optimal" builds. None of them really come prepackaged ready to roll and all scream for 5-starring; they also want Horse Emblem buffs. None of them are really viable as standalone units. They want at least Hone Calvary on a teammate. Of the remaining 11 cavs, Finn is arguably the best of them all since he is quite flexible in what direction the player wants him to be. One player might want offense. Another might want speed while another wants to make him a tank. 

I highly doubt Arden was that popular since FE4 was not a game friendly to armors, but the Follow-Up Ring is a direct reference to him discovering the Pursuit Ring and being able to double the laughably slow enemies in that game. 

Armor March makes armors annoying. The Fighter skills are a bigger issue. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

If they don't want something as strong as Meisterschwert handed out for free--which I think it wouldn't be that impactful on a no-iv merge once unit anyway but understandable--he really could've still gotten something, without being OP. Especially since he keeps on talking about it.

They will probably give him a new Weapon down the line or something. Players can speed that up by sending lots of feedback.

Meisterschwert is good, but I do not think it is that over powered, although that perception is shaped by the types of units a player primarily runs. Since I use Firesweep archers, as long as they do not release a skill that disables Firesweep, Enemy Phase units and melee units never really faze me, unless it is one of those units designed for survival and paired with a ton of Wings of Mercy teammates.

12 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I highly doubt Arden was that popular since FE4 was not a game friendly to armors, but the Follow-Up Ring is a direct reference to him discovering the Pursuit Ring and being able to double the laughably slow enemies in that game. 

Arden seems to actually have a strong fan base if you believe the choose your legend poll where he came 93rd place out of 791...I assume he's just liked for being different in the game that is the epitome of Horse Emblem and been 1 of 2 armour units you ever get. It very well could just be "Hey he's the guy who gets the pursuit ring!" But hey ho.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

They will probably give him a new Weapon down the line or something. Players can speed that up by sending lots of feedback.

Meisterschwert is good, but I do not think it is that over powered, although that perception is shaped by the types of units a player primarily runs. Since I use Firesweep archers, as long as they do not release a skill that disables Firesweep, Enemy Phase units and melee units never really faze me, unless it is one of those units designed for survival and paired with a ton of Wings of Mercy teammates.

You can really say that about anything besides like, wrazzle dazzle gravity horse healers, though. Most stuff can be countered by something. I generally measure power by how good it can be in player hands, not how annoying it'd be to fight against.

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

You can really say that about anything besides like, wrazzle dazzle gravity horse healers, though. Most stuff can be countered by something. I generally measure power by how good it can be in player hands, not how annoying it'd be to fight against.

This. I like this. That's actually a really good mentality to have. It's a shame I didn't learn this until now. I thank you regardless.