Frankenstein up your dream and nightmare FE titles!

So here’s a fun idea that recently came to me: try to create the best and the worst Fire Emblem game possible by Frankensteining together the qualities and elements of already-existing Fire Emblem games. Because it seems to me like the perfect Fire Emblem game already exists... we just didn’t get it all at once.

For me the best game would have had:

* Fates’ story premise and music

*  Path of Radiance’s writing (I would love to see how the writers of PoR would tackle a story like Fates)

* Conquest’s fundamental design philosophy and gameplay (Best gameplay in the series, by far. While it isn’t perfect, the fact that despite being so full of tough challenges it’s entirely non-hostile to ironman runs says more about the developers’ grasp of how to make a compelling strategy game than mere words ever could.

* Echoes’ presentation and voice acting (Hands down, the best in the series, though there’s so little competition that claim hardly needs justification)

* Radiant Dawn’s design philosophy for the final boss (It’s the only one besides Revelation’s —which was terrible to be clear— where you actually spent a significant amount of time in battle with a single foe. I’d love to see how Conquest would have tackled designing a map and minor enemies for a final boss like this)

The worst one would’ve had:

* Sacred Stones’ premise (let’s be real, the premise itself is boring as shit, it’s the characters that keep it from being the most boring thing ever)

* Radiant Dawn’s music (while it has a couple of tracks I love, I can’t even remember a single song outside of that select few. It just didn’t have a memorable soundtrack)

* Fates’ writing, characters and child story justification (Never before has a Fire Emblem game failed so spectacularly about making me care about anything)

* Genealogy’s “balance” (An actual human being decided on those weapon weights, people. An actual sentient human being with a brain not made out of salsa and tar decided to make the fire and wind tomes identical in every conceivable aspect except that fire should be ten points heavier.)

* Awakening’s child system (It essentially just cuts the cast in half rather than increasing it by 50% due to how broken it is, and if you’re going to make the first gen obsolete and disposable, for the love of god do something cool and memorable with it.)

* Revelation’s design philosophy (it was a very hard debate between this and Gaiden/Echoes, but ultimately I prefer a game that infuriates me to a game that bores me to tears)

* FE1’s presentation (or if you consider anything before the advent of 3d to be cheating, its remake)

* Radiant Dawn’s voice acting (At least Mist sounded cute in PoR)

* Gaiden’s stat system (It would take me all day to explain everything wrong with this stat system)

* Echoes’ DLC business practices (Words would only dignify it)

* Thracia’s menus (“Hi! I see that you’re defending the castle escape point with a single unit and trying to make them attack. Would you like to instantly lose the game by making them escape instead? No? Don’t worry, I’ll just put that option at the top of the list in case you forget to not change your mind.”)

Aaaand I think that’s it. If I forgot an angle about this and somebody else mentions it later when they give it a shot, I’ll update.

Edited by Alastor15243

The Best:

* CQ Gameplay and Mapdesign

* FE5 elements like dismounting, Scrolls and Capturing

* Multipe Factions the player can control ala Tellius.

* Story ala Tellius or Jugdral gen 1

* Skill system a mix between Fates and RD. Personal Skills + Lvlup Class skills + Skill Scrolls.

The worst:

* no features ala gbafe

* Gameplay ala FE4/6/7/13/BR/SoV

* same turn reinforcements ala FE6

* ''kill la evil dragon'' ala most FE

* Self insert ala FE14

* Gaiden chapters ala FE5/6/7

Edited by Shrimperor

Best

* Gameplay of Conquest

* Ambition of Radiant dawn

* Writing of Path of Radiance

* Characterization of Echoes

* Map narration of Radiant dawn

* Villains like Sacred Stones

Worst:

* Fates style villains

* Shadow Dragon's characterization 

* Fates style second gen

* Shadow Dragon's gaiden requirement

* Sacred Stones world building. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here's mine (less then a month isn't necroposting, is it?).

Best:

Weapon Triangle, Dual System, Stat Debuffs (and existence of Daggers), character models, and Child Mechanics of Fates.

CG Cutscenes, Support Writers, Child Story, Voice Acting, music, and intrepid cast of characters of Awakening.

Lance-Wielding Lord of Sacred Stones.

Three Tier class system, multiple groups, overarching plot, forging, skill system, and animations of Radiant Dawn.

Portraits of Echoes.

Plot writers and Bonus EXP (The way it works, that is; be sure to make it scarcer) of Path of Radiance.

Interesting and powerful Lords (well, two of them...) and intimidating/not stupid villains of Blazing Sword.

Worst:

Lord of Binding Blade.

Story writing and bland villains of Fates.

Portraits and "animations" of the NES games.

Avatar of FE12. (Would you rather have your army commanded by a prince/princess with tactical experience, a master strategist...or some recruit that got promoted for no reason?)

Map design of Gaiden and Echoes (the former especially).

Voice acting of the Fire Emblem OVA Anime Path of Radience.

Side Chapter requirements of Shadow Dragon.

Supports of Radiant Dawn.

Dialogue writer of whoever did that awful Thracia 776 translation.