Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

16 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much trouble do you see yourself having against them?

The problem with that is, most of the capturable bosses are thugs and criminals. The likes of Gazak and Daichi aren't exactly the types of people I'd welcome with open arms. And there's still the matter of Orochi and Niles sucking...

If only orochi actually had speed...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll probably be going to get the rest of the kids after the fox chapter.

Good luck! You should be fine; some of those foxes are hard to hit, but I've found Hunter's Knives to be good tools for that. You've also got a couple solid Sorcs if you need to use the Heartseeker avo debuff. And of course Xander's still alive; in case you're curious, I usually...

Spoiler

...make him a Wyvern Lord at about this point. Then I shove a Beast Killer in his hands, a Def Tonic down his throat, and a Benny (carrying whatever healing items I have lying around) in the saddle behind him. After that, I just kinda have him fly around, avoiding forests, and especially mountains, as much as possible.

I forget where I read about doing that. Somewhere on the Fates board, I think.

21 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The likes of Gazak and Daichi aren't exactly the types of people I'd welcome with open arms.

It's ok, we've convinced them that their ways were wrong! Unfortunately, we also convinced them that our ways are right...

9 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It's ok, we've convinced them that their ways were wrong! Unfortunately, we also convinced them that our ways are right...

That sounds so unconvincing, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give a rating that would go into the negatives and remark "SCALE NOT LOW ENOUGH".

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

If only orochi actually had speed...

Good thing capture isn't that useful in Birthright.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Good luck! You should be fine; some of those foxes are hard to hit, but I've found Hunter's Knives to be good tools for that. You've also got a couple solid Sorcs if you need to use the Heartseeker avo debuff. And of course Xander's still alive; in case you're curious, I usually...

Hide contents

...make him a Wyvern Lord at about this point. Then I shove a Beast Killer in his hands, a Def Tonic down his throat, and a Benny (carrying whatever healing items I have lying around) in the saddle behind him. After that, I just kinda have him fly around, avoiding forests, and especially mountains, as much as possible.

I forget where I read about doing that. Somewhere on the Fates board, I think.

Unfortunately, I have no Heart Seals to use right now, but I think I'll keep him as a Paladin for now, anyway, since he can't use his personal sword as a flier.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That sounds so unconvincing, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give a rating that would go into the negatives and remark "SCALE NOT LOW ENOUGH".

Too bad we don't have Caeda to show them the power of love here.

17 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's funny that we go and capture a couple units in this chapter about how bad it is to capture people.  I think they have Wary Fighter and Warding Blow, along with maxed weapon ranks.

Great Job Capturing these guys!  As units they're pretty strong.  Wary Fighter alone makes them great, but Warding blow on top of that makes them dominate the player phase especially after they learn Armored Blow at Lv 15.  With Wary Fighter and automatic A-rank in lances they work very well with Brave Lance since their high base DEF can cushion the penalty Brave Lance gives.

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Unfortunately, I have no Heart Seals to use right now, but I think I'll keep him as a Paladin for now, anyway, since he can't use his personal sword as a flier.

How many have you used? There's the one that was used on Mozu, who promptly died... and that's about it. I think money is the greater concern here though...

17 hours ago, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

I swear, Conquest has you fight against Nohrian units as often as Hoshidan units. Are there any deceitful or venal officers in Hoshido whom you face in Birthright? Nope, they're all saints and 100% loyal to the royal family. For all the game's crowing about war not being black and white, there is little to show for it. The stories in Fates are just so bad it really boggles the mind. 

I mean, in Birthright, you have Azura with you from the start, and people have known her long enough to know they should just quitely obey at that point.

That one person who killed Silas is here and wants to join us now, too.

HzetlvO.jpgi4nHzXi.jpg

Racked with guilt over Silas, are you?

faGrHSJ.jpg

Quick question, is she getting killed out of spite, or are you actually going to keep her around just in case?

Why can't you support with anybody?  I could use some more girls for breeding.

It is only know that I realise most of your deads have been female. Did you pair Felicia, Peri and Charlotte with someone already?

Nina doesn't think Kana is old enough to learn about Yaoi.

When are you going to introduce this to Est?

7 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Great Job Capturing these guys!  As units they're pretty strong.  Wary Fighter alone makes them great, but Warding blow on top of that makes them dominate the player phase especially after they learn Armored Blow at Lv 15.  With Wary Fighter and automatic A-rank in lances they work very well with Brave Lance since their high base DEF can cushion the penalty Brave Lance gives.

Thanks, if I need a good Lancer they might get some playtime.

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

How many have you used? There's the one that was used on Mozu, who promptly died... and that's about it. I think money is the greater concern here though...

I used one on Rezzi to change her to Nohr Noble, and one on Camilla to change her to Wyvern Lord.

4 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I mean, in Birthright, you have Azura with you from the start, and people have known her long enough to know they should just quitely obey at that point.

Quick question, is she getting killed out of spite, or are you actually going to keep her around just in case?

It is only know that I realise most of your deads have been female. Did you pair Felicia, Peri and Charlotte with someone already?

When are you going to introduce this to Est?

Azura has had years to put them in their place.

As fun as killing her out of spite would be, I'll keep her around, in case I'm low on units.

Apart from Silas, I have lost Mozu, Nyx, and Beruka.  Felicia, Peri, and Charlotte haven't mated yet, but Felicia is leading the poll to marry Xander.

I think it would be awkward for me to introduce her to that sort of thing.  She can just discover that on her own once she's old enough.

We begin Fox Mountain to find our original path into Hoshido blocked off.

P7pKECO.jpg

Who would have thought constantly releasing our enemy would come back to bite us.

T6GpqHY.jpgdPAfECl.jpg

He really would have been stupid not to.

aAb3i7n.jpg

Then why the heck did you let the Royal Family go?  Just use them to get into the palace, plant Garon on the throne, and bam, war over.  It may not be completely without death, but it's the best you could have done with the hand you were dealt.

omJ0PJH.jpg

The way of pain.

yvWPhnh.jpg

We don't kink shame Azura.

uYc0ozV.jpg9wKlLGP.jpg

Oh, maybe we can make a new ally here.

rnVYG9F.jpg

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

b08tBrJ.jpg

No Azura, deny it all you want, you guys have been carving a path of destruction through allied and neutral territory before even reaching Hoshido.

BlqPj6U.jpgjPTiTDf.jpg

Kaden has the same philosophy I have with insects.  Outside my home, I pretty much just let you be.  Come into my home, and I kill you.

z4NaT4P.jpg

Have you met Daddy Garon?  You two would really get along.

oB3WQjr.jpg

Yes, with barbecue sauce and a side of chips.

iDDfgvr.jpg

That's not what Kotaro and Zola said.

6VttNf0.jpg

Don't fall for it Kaden!

AXheDKv.jpg

The plot stopped making sense a few chapters ago.  Let's just got on with the fox hunt.

The gimmick of this chapter is a bit annoying, because some of the foxes will be unattackable, with no real way of neutralizing them, and to make matters worse many of them have Pass.  We will try to leave anyone weak against Beastkiller weapons out this time.

h2y6vuX.jpg

Right off the bat, we have a fox who will be attacking us on enemy phase, so we'll pair up some units and just wait.

1xtRVlS.jpg

Camilla kills the first fox and gets herself a nice level-up.

wLqDWBr.jpg

Some of the foxes start moving towards us, while the rest stay put.  We'll just let them come to us for now.

UMFf6eV.jpgbxBIl5f.jpg

Nina gets a very Niles-like level-up.  Kana brings shame to his mother.

f5D1yIU.jpgCRbSEGQ.jpg

Taking these guys out at range is usually the safest, but they have annoyingly high avoid.

APuOYmF.jpgB5qXCjx.jpg

But sometimes we can't help but hit them in melee.

r4X0CBC.jpg

With some stacking Rallies, Rezzi sends her son in to get some nice fox fur coats.

be8Pj1b.jpg

Make Mama proud!

bSvd9BK.jpg3Xc6hWM.jpg7DRu7mA.jpg

Good boy!  Now to swarm and kill them all.

5qWcyKc.jpgvXLLFIw.jpg

Camilla gets herself a nearly perfect level-up.  Gazak levels and gets himself Rally Strength.

8GCuFf9.jpgW7PfL8L.jpgWW5PExO.jpg

Selena levels up in most of her essential stats.

HAvzISS.jpgySPvmLm.jpg

Kana lands a hit to level up pretty well.

v9lrrge.jpg8ezQ9V1.jpg

Now that we've cleared out all the foxes on the east side and the ones that move, it's time to draw in the southern group.

GRRbGr4.jpgZSyAaGe.jpg

I forgot the re-equip Kana's Dragonstone, but it ends up not being costly.  Time to swarm the rest of them.

xGS4Xab.jpghO3GNLG.jpgXnrM8tK.jpg

Nice level for Nina.

XSrdc3p.jpgF8CdgvG.jpg2LsG0Zl.jpgkdyKcvZ.jpg

Okay, now that they're all gone, it's time for the penultimate pack of foxes.

tj2MhWG.jpg

This group is particularly annoying, since half of the are unhittable, and there's not a good way of pulling some of them without all of them.

Here goes nothing.  The tried and true Rally Kana and pull.

j62jgJj.jpgC0kcVn0.jpg

And now we're in the inevitable position of having a bunch of enemies who will attack us with no real good way to mitigate it.  Let's pick a god and pray.

eXDgdZH.jpgB9eapGp.jpgJFLWbTg.jpgasQN8jU.jpg

Oh, for crying out loud?  Why can't we just nuke them with fire?

VDnHy41.jpg

Let's take out the ones we can, I suppose.

u58Ypcm.jpg4u92P5B.jpghyKe16K.jpgXPhnNR2.jpg

Time to curl up into the fetal position and just take their enemy phase.

nqewmsw.jpgdsHzRU2.jpg3626O3M.jpg

Well, that didn't go too badly.  Let's get some chip XP.

cCIZdJK.jpg2xNX1IJ.jpg

Let's finish this group.

rGuC21B.jpglIgyhut.jpg

Eh, not that great.

KnYeBN5.jpg3V7XeR7.jpg

Only the last group with the boss now.

HbYycqr.jpg

They refuse to be baited out, so we send our little boy in.

je6K7l6.jpg

I'd argue, but we've been pretty much saying the same thing.

fAoNjQC.jpgaYrcHEg.jpg

Go, Camilla!

OXR6Cg4.jpg11rHRTI.jpg

It's always fun to watch a skill proc, only for it to miss.

g21dqFN.jpg

And Odin misses, too.  Jeez, I only need one hit on this guy.

NMHmZtj.jpghKPSmHP.jpg

Phew, if that had missed too, it could have gotten ugly.  Time to clear out the rest.

4BpkeId.jpgiHozthg.jpgMpdrt6h.jpg8kNH5Rl.jpgpPoTPj3.jpg

Not great, but okay.

DbOU3aN.jpg

And so ends the furry genocide.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, that went much better than I expected. That much is certain. So what's next?

Next we'll be getting Percy and Shigure, possibly Siegbert.  Fuga's Wind Ride is not fun, and I want to make sure I'm as leveled as possible.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, it appears the fox can't say much with a lance shoved up their- Alright, I'll stop now.

Also, yeah the wild ride hasn't taken much just yet. Good to see.

And I went the whole map without meming that, too.

7 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Rezzy prepping for Chapter 20 be like:

safe_image.php?d=AQDjPLeR8Oxff54_&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FSggILpMXO7Xt6%2Fgiphy.gif&ext=gif&_nc_eui2=AeGP6GT4KuXmjN3PcLGbDks1-EE82ag2T7HOcw82FG78fOUQW5qhbgaU4B3E0N7DdKAtevxURxTa4Xaby9cS_-ahEUDqpQpawtynXUUK4g9Pyw&_nc_hash=AQDYbll7v2P74mW5

Pretty much anytime wind is involved, the map is unfun.

20 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Stupid furries.

But you're a cat.

x8VHVtc.jpg

Do we at least get some Fox Tail accessories?

O3dHHKN.jpg

We've got quite the body count before we've even reached Hoshido.  Ally, neutral, enemy?  It's all the same to Azura and Rezzi.

sOBHDUa.jpg

To be fair, there was a heavily armed army marching through their territory without having announced themselves or asked for safe passage.

NUrbWzD.jpg

Yes, Kotaro and Zola would still be alive if we hadn't come this way.  Oh, you mean the foxes.

5LG23kG.jpg

You could have ended this war back in Chapter 10, if you had really wanted to.  I think Azura took this detour just to get a little extra killing in.  A Kitsune must have not let her pet him as girl or something, and she'll held a grudge ever since.

69aB4Ij.jpg

I know you want to please Daddy Garon Rezzi, but this genocide was a joint effort.  Don't steal all the credit.

Y7yultX.jpg

We probably just thought we could let them go like we've been doing the last dozen chapters.

tzYZE0g.jpg

Preemptive contrition doesn't work that way.

Cu7hNNh.jpg

Are we having a sunken cost fallacy here, or is Azura just worried that Rezzi will get cold feet in carrying out her master plan?

And Chapter 19 Complete!

Deaths: None, although I guess we're actually killing the enemy now.

New Units: Flora

14 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Fuga's wild ride eh? I'll be looking forward to reaching it 

Oh boy, a few paralogues first, though.

1 minute ago, Pengaius said:

Oh great, prepare for your lowest res units to get killed by a little boy

also go get that SIEGBERT 

I'm thinking I might try entrapping him at the beginning and killing him before he can cause any trouble, if I can.

I'll need to get some support up with Xander.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm thinking I might try entrapping him at the beginning and killing him before he can cause any trouble, if I can.

Hayato? I don't think he's Entrap-able. He's stationary, iirc.

If Leo has enough Mag, you might be able to just smack him with Lightning (duct tape Odin to Leo's back and all that jazz).

Edited by LordFrigid
Pronouns

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I'll need to get some support up with Xander.

As @LordFrigid stated, Hayato is stationary, and thus cannot be Entrapped. Too bad...