Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go

Water Mage

Ugh, I held out a tiny hope that these leaked games were not real and of course, they are.

I'm saving my money. Not wasting it on this garbage. The graphics don't even look good. Too unpolished looking and the player character looks five years old. I'm sick of Kanto and sick of gen 1 pandering.

I hope this game flops so GF learns a lesson.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people who don't like the "Go" direction, it seems that not all hope is lost!

I image this game will be the more familiar type we're used to, with new Pokémon and such.

EDIT: Greninja'd

But while on the topic of "GO", it's time to celebrate the only way we know how...

Edited by Lightchao42

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Gen 8 comes in 2019

I knew it! No way Gen 8 would come before 2019. 

About the Let's go titles, they're...cute? I'll certainly skip those as I have Fire red if I ever want to replay Kanto but I guess this will help to attract the GO crowd.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The graphics don't even look good. Too unpolished looking and the player character looks five years old.

What part of "game is still in development" don't you understand?

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope this game flops so GF learns a lesson.

I'm not excited about this either but it's extremely petty to purposely wish for a game to fail just because you don't like it. 

Nice. Good to know which of the rumors and "leaks" were true after all. And figures the Switch wouldn't debut with Gen 8. Knew GF tends to release a game or two before debuting a Gen.

Hmm, not the remakes I'd have maybe wanted, perhaps, but good to know they're there.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I'm not excited about this either but it's extremely petty to purposely wish for a game to fail just because you don't like it. 

I don't wish for it to fail because I don't like it, I wish for it to fail to show GF that people don't like so much Kanto pandering and that they should focus a little less on it. I'm SO tired of Kanto. And Sinnoh needed remakes more. As a Sinnoh fan, I feel spat on.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't wish for it to fail because I don't like it, I wish for it to fail to show GF that people don't like so much Kanto pandering and that they should focus a little less on it. I'm SO tired of Kanto. And Sinnoh needed remakes more. As a Sinnoh fan, I feel spat on.

Look, i agree with you. To me, Kanto is the least interesting region in the series. But even with Gen 1 pandering, these games are not gonna fail. It's Pokemon. It's guaranteed to be a best-seller.

A bit quick to act, methinks.

It's likely it wasn't a decision made out of the blue; and you can't really judge that people want or don't want more Kanto "pandering" until the game is actually on sale and sales number tick in. There's also likle be people that just won't mind and would get the game for their own reasons outside "Kanto Pandering".

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Look, i agree with you. To me, Kanto is the least interesting region in the series. But even with Gen 1 pandering, these games are not gonna fail. It's Pokemon. It's guaranteed to be a best-seller.

But will it sell as well as past main games in the franchise? Or will it actually sell the least? Selling worse than any other main title should say something.

Honestly I feel these games are just experimental titles to see what they can do with:

1. the new hardware

2. integrating pokemon go mechanics

I mean I'm gonna get the game anyway being the huge pokenerd that I am but I will that this game does feel a tad disapointing,

Just now, Anacybele said:

But will it sell as well as past main games in the franchise? Or will it actually sell the least? Selling worse than any other main title should say something.

And how much will "worse" be in perspective? It's still gonna sell incredibly well. Even if it ends up having the weakest sales out of the mainline games, that's not gonna mean much in the long run. 

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And how much will "worse" be in perspective? It's still gonna sell incredibly well. Even if it ends up having the weakest sales out of the mainline games, that's not gonna mean much in the long run. 

Yeah, but even that could make GF go "hmm, maybe we shouldn't pander to just one generation if we want to match the sales of other games."

Now that I know that these aren't core games, I went from annoyed to indifferent. I feel these mainly exist to convince Go players to buy a Switch, as I originally expected, and I don't mind Gen VIII releasing in 2019 because they should be better games for it.

EDIT: Allegedly the 2019 game is "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon," so it most likely will start a new generation.

Edited by Lightchao42

It's likely that because of the nature of the games GF is already expecting a sales range. So what one may think as "poor sales" could actually be "Sastified expectations". For all we know, they may already be taking into consideration the "Yet more Kanto games" factor.

7 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

Honestly I feel these games are just experimental titles to see what they can do with:

1. the new hardware

2. integrating pokemon go mechanics

That is probably a fair way of viewing things. Plus the next gen should hopefully have fewer kinks and flaws as a result, if you're looking for a silver lining. Get the heel spurs running a 5k, not a marathon.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What part of "game is still in development" don't you understand?

I remember, I think you were the one who posted them, a side by side comparison of XBC2's protag's face from two different videos in different stages of development. Massive improvement there.

Things I like:

• Motion control catching pokemon. I'm not a fan of the difficulty element derived from pokemon go, but it beats just pressing a button and hoping the RNG favors you.
  • The Poke Ball peripheral. I remember the pokewalker too
  • Pokemon follow you and can be ridden
  • Pokemon can be see in the tall grass and you choose which ones to encounter or none at all.
  • Co-op wasn't on my list of things to request for Pokemon. But as long as we can team up for cool post game content I think this is a neat addition.
  • Even if you don't want this game, Gen 8 is next year. And I definitely didn't want Gen 8 to come this year, so I feel like a lot more people would be satisfied overall than another rushed game or Sinnoh remakes

Things that concern me:

• pokemon is a yearly franchise. The last year we had off was 2015, and as far as we know the next year we have off might be 2020.
  • Is the scale of the game any larger than Pokemon Yellow? Or will I finish with the pokedex in a matter of weeks?
  • Will Pokemon GO allow me to break the game's difficulty and port over my Kanto collection?
  • It's unclear whether this is the next "core" pokemon game. If they were going to do a Gen 1 remake, I'd want a lot more effort than Firered/Leafgreen and this doesn't feel like that so far.
  • Will I have any trouble playing this game in handheld mode? Can I catch pokemon without detaching a joycon?

I rate this reveal a 6.5 out of 10. Loses points for coming with no warning ahead of time.

Can't wait for the MCU After Credits Scene Pokemon. Because i guarantee that's gonna be a tease for Gen 8.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember, I think you were the one who posted them, a side by side comparison of XBC2's protag's face from two different videos in different stages of development. Massive improvement there.

Yeah, that comparison is proof that what a game looks like when it's announced isn't definitive of the final product.

Of course, let's pray that this game doesn't pull a Mighty No.9 and somehow ends up looking worse than what the trailer showed.

It's said to be a new Normal type Eeveelution. Was just said somewhere, but I don't remember where. Incoming all the players that don't use it because its type is useless...

Edited by Anacybele

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This. I personally don't want it to do well either, but more for them to not start including more pokemon go mechanics into the games.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:
Can't wait for the MCU After Credits Scene Pokemon. Because i guarantee that's gonna be a tease for Gen 8.

Great, now we'll have six versions to choose between: Pokémon Power, Pokémon Space, Pokémon Time, Pokémon Mind, Pokémon Soul, and Pokémon Reality. They will cut the total amount of Pokémon in half for the sake of being perfectly balanced.

I'm still going to call it the "MCU After Credits Scene Pokémon" after we learn what it actually is though.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It's said to be a new Normal type Eeveelution. Was just said somewhere, but I don't remember where. Incoming all the players that don't use it because its type is useless...

Does your uncle work at Nintendo? Because I haven't heard that anywhere else.

Edited by Lightchao42