New Special Heroes Incoming: Bridal Bloom (May 21 ~): Bride Sanaki, Tharja, and Ninian (Groom Marth as TT reward)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:
  Hide contents

Eud4eD4.png

In all seriousness... gameplay wise it's more like Goodbye Summer Corn.

My only copy of Hone Fliers is too valuable...

And I'd say two dancer filers is better than one.

Oh yeah. Bladetome, but you'll get a low score then. Not that you'd care, at least I think

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm actually somewhat disappointed they did Tharja as a red tome infantry. Feels like a cheap reskin of the original. This one also has a prf so yeah...

They really should have made her a flier or something. It doesn't help that infantry red tomes are already pretty meh. It looks like she'll be geared for typical glass cannon nuking, judging by her skills, and she's probably not going to rival Lilina at that. The art is what's really selling her.

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Oh yeah. Bladetome, but you'll get a low score then. Not that you'd care, at least I think

Well, I mean I'm in Tier 19 and I'm happy as long as I get 4 orbs via 18-19 and 19-18.

I don't really care about score enough to matter. lol

Also ... I am so annoyed that Sanaki and Tharja's bouquets are non-inheritable. Come on, Nifl Frostflowers? Green tome? Gunnthra? She could've been wielding the flowers bearing her country's name! XD;

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also ... I am so annoyed that Sanaki and Tharja's bouquets are non-inheritable. Come on, Nifl Frostflowers? Green tome? Gunnthra? She could've been wielding the flowers bearing her country's name! XD;

But she's dead. I know it's hard Sunwoo, but you have to move on with your life. Gunthraa isn't coming back ;):

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Gunnthra doesn't exist anymore to Intsys, they've shoved her into failed waifu hell.

Micaiah would have fit better with this banner, and even the tome a little. They could've made it "Daein Frostflowers" even.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

But she's dead. I know it's hard Sunwoo, but you have to move on with your life. Gunthraa isn't coming back ;):

Oi, Gunnthra isn't my anything. But I have a really good Gunnthra that I pulled back on legendary Ike's banner, and it seems rather appropriate for her to have flowers bearing her country's name.

In all seriousness, I don't get why they make some seasonal weapons prf and others not. Just make them all inheritable.

@Nanima: Yeah, Micaiah getting a seasonal alt would've been cool. She'd have been a Tellius rep as well.

Edited by Sunwoo

Nice for Marth to get his first. Tharja caters to the 13-14 crowd. Ninian caters to the original international fanbase and all those Ninian-Eliwood shippers, I don't get them, but oh well.

But Sanaki!?! What, did they see her heavy ordinary clothing and think a bridal dress would be second nature to her? She's outright stated to be 13 in Radiant Dawn. It is nice to see them cater to the Tellius crowd as well (they really maximized the fanbase coverage here), and using a not-main/super popular character as well.

But! I consider this an act of blasphemy! Sanaki does not deserve the ignominy of being subject to such absurdity as a wedding gown upon her young body, who is currently not pursuing any form of romantic relation, nor will it is likely for the next few years. I will see to it that the individuals responsible for this decision are punished appropriately, with the maximum punishment including the severing of hands, other limbs, and eye gouging in an act of draconian and graphic poetic justice. Such shall be the fate of those who insult the 37th Empress of Begnion, descendant of the great swordmaster of heroine Ashera, Altina and her beloved consort and still living, highest servant of the goddesses, Lehran.

In her name I thus vouch a protest asking that the someone else be chosen for this special event, as futile as it may be. If it must be a citizen of Tellius, then consult Her Majesty Queen Elincia Ridell Crimea of her namesake country, for I am sure she would be willing to don once more the gown she wore upon the day she wed Geoffrey of Delbray. Alternatively, I would ask Titania who be now of the Crimean knighthood following the disbandment of the Greil Mercenaries whether she would be willing to wear one. I am uncertain whether her affections is given to the late Sir Greil and that she shall therefore never wed, or if talk of romance between her and the priest Rhys are true or not. Lady Mist of the former Greil Mercenaries is presently considering her options for romance and marriage, and would not be inclined to show the world her in a wedding gown until her actual wedding day, should she ever marry.

The final Telliusian choice to consider, for Micaiah is presently still adjusting to life in the world of Heroes and has a side job modeling for Oliver, is lady Mia. However, she requests the right to carry a sword, no heels, and not a ballgown, nor a mermaid, she happens to have a little orange dress that is light and flowing, and would approve of only that in a white version for her attire. Lady Nephenee cannot be reached for comment, last attempt to do so ended with a lance being pointed at the tip of my nose. Despite her shyness, Lady Nephenee has a hidden wrathfulness that warrants her place in the defense of Melior, although she spurns the highest posts in the capital guard.

Good day.

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

it's that some people are really that stupid.

Those are few and far between. Yes, some people are stupid enough to believe in anti-vaccine and conspiracy bull crap, but the vast majority of people are not that stupid. People are also not so ethically inept to unable to distinguish the difference between what is right and wrong. In my opinion, people are more likely to be stupid than to be morally corrupt, so I am far more concerned about misinformation and propaganda than moral panics.

44 minutes ago, Johann said:

You missed his point. It's not that these things make people re-enact that behavior, it's that it affects their view on the subject, such as becoming desensitized to it. You're whatabouting pretty hard here.

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm worried that if it is pushed in mainstream media as a "normal" thing, people will eventually go "what's the big deal" and we'll become desensitized to why we had such an issue with it in the first place.

I highly doubt that. People realize that child marriage is wrong, and I do not think any amount of exposure would cause a person to think knocking up a kid is right. Beating up thousands of opposing Pokémon does not make gamers desensitized to animal abuse either. I cannot find any study, but I highly doubt there is correlation between Pokémon and real life chicken/dog fights; I do not think a person who enjoys Pokémon would enjoy watching animals getting hurt in real life.

Edited by XRay

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In other words, it's not that I believe people will actually go out and harm actual children because child marriage is portrayed in a cutesy way in the media. I'm worried that if it is pushed in mainstream media as a "normal" thing, people will eventually go "what's the big deal" and we'll become desensitized to why we had such an issue with it in the first place.

You have a serious problem if that is what you think. The fact that you even think this is disgusting.

Upon calming down, I've noticed that Marth's outfit is different from the one in Warriors.

Meaning...he has two Groom outfits in official media.

...be still my beating heart.

Edited by Lau

Those new B Skills are interesting but... hm very niche. For a B Skill Slot they are very very underwhelming.

They would have been better for a C Skill slot but then again i get why IS picked the B Slot, because Armorers would benefit the most from it on a C Slot.

The banner itself is also very underwhelming, no new inheritable weapon, no usefull new skill

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I highly doubt that. People realize that child marriage is wrong, and I do not think any amount of exposure would cause a person to think knocking up a kid is right. Beating up thousands of opposing Pokémon does not make gamers desensitized to animal abuse either. I cannot find any study, but I highly doubt there is correlation between Pokémon and real life chicken/dog fights; I do not think a person who enjoys Pokémon would enjoy watching animals getting hurt in real life.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

You have a serious problem if that is what you think. The fact that you even think this is disgusting.

I'm not even wrong about people becoming desensitized to stuff when other people "normalize" it. Want an example? Look at who's in charge of the U.S. And look at some of the shit that has happened since his presidency started. If any other president did half the stuff he does? Both parties and the media and the majority of the country would be on the president's ass about it. Instead, people are becoming so desensitized to it because he's done so much weird shit already and it's tiring and nothing's getting done and people just try to defend him over it ... and enough people have become desensitized to it.

I've also said that there's a double standard when it comes to female sexual predators and male victims compared to male sexual predators and female victims, it's not like it's something that can never happen. I don't think most (if any) people will actually do anything about it in real life just because it's showing up in fiction a lot, but it could still lead to people going "why do people make a big deal over it".

Also, Michelaar, the fact that you choose to attack my character instead of actually try to argue against anything I said tells me that you have no argument and who the actual disgusting person is.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, Michelaar, the fact that you choose to attack my character instead of actually try to argue against anything I said tells me that you have no argument and who the actual disgusting person is.

I'm mainly weirded about by the fact that you think that showing a fictional character in a wedding dress promotes pedophillia and the harming of a child. By your logic, playing GTA promotes terrorism, and Genealogy of the holy war promotes Incest. Short end of the story? It makes no sense. You're making generalizations here and you sound absolutely ridiculous. It's just a video game, for fun, and you're treating it like it's a real girl getting married to a 50 year old man or something. Your story makes absolutely no sense and all your doing is ruining the fun of others. 

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

You underestimate how widespread child marriage is. Even here in the US, to this day, child marriage is a nation-wide problem.

Again, you misunderstood what I said. It's not that these things influence people to take up these behaviors (whether it's pokemon/animal fights or pedophilia), but that it does affect the way people think about these subjects, even if subconsciously. Being exposed to violence in media doesn't necessarily make you a more violent person, but it does make you less shocked to see it. When violence is routinely portrayed in fiction as a reasonable way to solve problems, people become more accepting of violent solutions in real life.

4 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

He's absolutely right though.

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

It is fine to attack a person's reason, but attacking them as a person is a different thing and it is unnecessary. People do not always think the same and some people prefer to err on the side of caution and that is fine.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Both parties and the media and the majority of the country would be on the president's ass about it. Instead, people are becoming so desensitized to it because he's done so much weird shit already and it's tiring and nothing's getting done and people just try to defend him over it ... and enough people have become desensitized to it.

I see the opposite. Republicans have a high likelihood of losing their majority in the Senate and the House (although that usually happens anyway whenever one party gets too dominant). I do not know about your area, but people are pretty pumped to vote here in California with our state elections coming up, even more so than when Bush was president, although I was a kid back then so I was not very in tune with politics.

Just now, Johann said:

He's absolutely right though.

No, I don't think child marriage in video games  promotes child marriage in real life. People who do that are predetermined to that mindset anyway. I want to get Sanaki, but that doesn't make me want to marry a child.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

No, I don't think child marriage in video games  promotes child marriage in real life. People who do that are predetermined to that mindset anyway. I want to get Sanaki, but that doesn't make me want to marry a child.

He's not saying that child marriage in video games increases the rate of child marriage. He's saying it helps normalize child marriage.

Edited by Johann

1 minute ago, Johann said:

He's not saying that child marriage in video games increases the rate of child marriage. He's saying it helps normalize child marriage.

Which in my opinion is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I'm mainly weirded about by the fact that you think that showing a fictional character in a wedding dress promotes pedophillia and the harming of a child. By your logic, playing GTA promotes terrorism, and Genealogy of the holy war promotes Incest. Short end of the story? It makes no sense. You're making generalizations here and you sound absolutely ridiculous. It's just a video game, for fun, and you're treating it like it's a real girl getting married to a 50 year old man or something. Your story makes absolutely no sense and all your doing is ruining the fun of others. 

said it could lead to people becoming desensitized to the seriousness of the topic, not that it promotes pedophilia or harming children. How about getting my actual argument right if you're going to accuse me of being a horrible person? Don't play GTA, can't say anything about that other than it looks dumb to me. Genealogy's only canon incest pairing portrays it as a bad thing because it produced the literal reincarnation of an evil god. If I'm ruining your "fun", there's always the ignore button and the option to not respond to me. I have just as much of a right to post my feelings here.

Seriously, you play fucking mafia on the forum here. You should know this is not how you debate someone, especially someone who's been playing on the forum longer than you have, and your last post towards me is absolutely not acceptable in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I see the opposite. Republicans have a high likelihood of losing their majority in the Senate and the House (although that usually happens anyway whenever one party gets too dominant). I do not know about your area, but people are pretty pumped to vote here in California with our state elections coming up, even more so than when Bush was president, although I was a kid back then so I was not very in tune with politics.

Oh, it has caused some positive things like people being more vocal against sexual assault and standing together as a whole. But his rhetoric has also empowered white supremacists and racists and nasty things like that. Also, it's possible that I just haven't been paying attention in previous years, but I feel like certain people in politics have become much more ... childish, in how they address their opponents and the media, than they have been in the past. Because it works for Trump.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

said it could lead to people becoming desensitized to the seriousness of the topic, not that it promotes pedophilia or harming children. How about getting my actual argument right if you're going to accuse me of being a horrible person? Don't play GTA, can't say anything about that other than it looks dumb to me. Genealogy's only canon incest pairing portrays it as a bad thing because it produced the literal reincarnation of an evil god. If I'm ruining your "fun", there's always the ignore button and the option to not respond to me. I have just as much of a right to post my feelings here.

Seriously, you play fucking mafia on the forum here. You should know this is not how you debate someone, especially someone who's been playing on the forum longer than you have, and your last post towards me is absolutely not acceptable in the slightest.

If thats how you feel, thats your choice. I still disagree. I have every right to respond to you to form a discussion. And I haven't played mafia in months. I say whats on my mind. I don't care how you 'properly' debate someone. I got my point across, I hope. But I'm not going to argue with you anymore, since I find this thoroughly unpleasant.