June Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We have too many green armors now and not enough green cavalry. I honestly don't care too much if Xander just ends up being a better Frederick.

And it feels weird whenever Xander is not on a horse.

IIHC, his horse does appear in his confession scene in Fates. You marry him, you get a package deal. But don't go off me, for all I know after slaying Anankos's eyeball heart everyone in Fates could have done the Moonwalk of Endless Possibilities on the Moon itself to finish him cinematically off.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

My guess for this legendary hero: Greil.

If only legendary heroes consisted heavily of legends of yore (Greil would kinda count here). I want my Brammy! Durby would be cool too, Iote for some reason appeals to me, also Fjalar, and Altina. And I'd be fine if the original wielder of Nidhogg and Vidofnir had no artwork nor VA, and only an invisible sprite holding a weapon- as long as they actually had a name.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I honestly don't care too much if Xander just ends up being a better Frederick.

Is there any character you care about being upended by somebody else? I have the impression you'd pull for a three-year-old child's scribble of a random brigand boss if they had the gameplay merits. Not to say there is anything wrong with caring only about the gameplay selves of people, since I do that all the time in actual FEs, FEH though seems to me to give greater license to indulge your subjective tastes and kick objective merits out the door.

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

The problem with them being a tome user is the fact that the is Fire elementa, and it would be odd to see a Fire not using fire magic since they are going to be Green.

Solution- the spell summons a tree, which gets struck by lightning, which then catches fire and falls onto the hapless enemy. Or the spellbook could rub itself against the enemy so hard they get a massive charge of static electricity, followed by them catching on fire from continued rubbing. Viola! Blue Tomes.

For Green Tome, just take from Breath of the Wild. The spell puts a lot of grass under the foe, sets it all on fire, and then lets the updraft raise them up, and once the updraft ends, they come crashing down taking damage in the process.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For Green Tome, just take from Breath of the Wild. The spell puts a lot of grass under the foe, sets it all on fire, and then lets the updraft raise them up, and once the updraft ends, they come crashing down taking damage in the process.

Revali for Legendary Heroe in FE Heroes!!! I gladly use my 400 orbs for Revali!

48 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Honestly, I kinda hope it's Camilla just so we can get the inevitable backlash out of the way. It was dumb against Lyn and it'll be dumb again.

You're just biased for Lyn. It wasn't dumb against her because it was her fifth version and on average, she's been getting an alt roughly every three months. It's perfectly reasonable to have a problem with this. Even I don't think my favorites should be getting alts this often. Not even Ike.

I think Camilla has had enough alts too, but she's not quite as bad given that she only has three.

I hope for this month we get the Nifl brother, but I'd be cool with Hector too, despite his eventual CYL alt being on the way too.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're just biased for Lyn. It wasn't dumb against her because it was her fifth version and on average, she's been getting an alt roughly every three months. It's perfectly reasonable to have a problem with this. Even I don't think my favorites should be getting alts this often. Not even Ike.

I think Camilla has had enough alts too, but she's not quite as bad given that she only has three.

I hope for this month we get the Nifl brother, but I'd be cool with Hector too, despite his eventual CYL alt being on the way too.

Oh hush up, anytime anyone says anything even remotely favorable about a character you don't like, you throw a little hissy fit and jump down their throats and tell them how annoyed you are they keep talking about them. I can't go into any topic and even use the letters "L" "Y" "N" in entirely different words without you being hypocritically annoyed at my liking of Lyn.

There's no bias for anyone involved in my statement in any way whatsoever. Everyone, literally EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD knew that Lyn would be getting a Legendary, so it was dumb as all heck to complain about it for any reason. If Lyn hadn't gotten her Legendary until December of 2020, people would STILL have complained. So yes, it was dumb when it happened, it would be dumb if it was 2020, and it'll never NOT be dumb. Same with Camilla, if/when she gets a Legendary, it'll be stupid as all heck when there's backlash. Which there will be.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh hush up, anytime anyone says anything even remotely favorable about a character you don't like, you throw a little hissy fit and jump down their throats and tell them how annoyed you are they keep talking about them. I can't go into any topic and even use the letters "L" "Y" "N" in entirely different words without you being hypocritically annoyed at my liking of Lyn.

There's no bias for anyone involved in my statement in any way whatsoever. Everyone, literally EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD knew that Lyn would be getting a Legendary, so it was dumb as all heck to complain about it for any reason. If Lyn hadn't gotten her Legendary until December of 2020, people would STILL have complained. So yes, it was dumb when it happened, it would be dumb if it was 2020, and it'll never NOT be dumb. Same with Camilla, if/when she gets a Legendary, it'll be stupid as all heck when there's backlash. Which there will be.

And every time anyone brings up anything negative about Lyn, you go on about how dumb it is. I'm not being hypocritical or having a fit either, I'm just explaining to you that it's not wrong to think Lyn getting her legendary when she did was dumb.

Also, yes, people knew a legendary Lyn would eventually come. But not that soon since she already had four other versions, including one that only came a few months before that. I didn't think her legendary version would arrive for several more months, at least six, myself. So no, it was not dumb at all and the reasons for the backlash Lyn got were very valid.

Sure, maybe some people would've still complained if it was 2020. You'll always have complaints. But I doubt you'd have seen as many in that case.

Edited by Anacybele

Jugdral. Legendary Jugdral hero, please. Naga!Seliph with Naga tome. It'll never happen.

EDIT: It's fucking Hector.

*facepalm*

You know, IS, Elibe pandering all year REALLY isn't any better than Awakenohr pandering all of last year. Poor Eliwood.

Edited by Sunwoo

Two patterns broken:

1. Hero being of a same movement type (not flying but armored)
  2. Not being of the same game (Lyn and Hector are from the same game)

And a first: One attribute is not represented, Fire/Resistance is not Hector

Bright side is: I don't think anyone is taking this as a negative effect, unlike Lyn, it is our third Hector and he seems to be overpowercreeping himself, that Thunder Armads and also that Ostian Pulse seem to be powerful, INB4 both Hector and LA!Hector can have it as a sidegrade, also, NO LISSA MY ORBS ARE SAVED

Edited by Simpsons138

Uh... this brings up a question I've had about Hector for a long time now...

HOW does Hector link to Distant Counter exactly?

As in, Armads doesn't have 1-2 range in any of it's appearances, Hector himself only has access to 1-2 range weaponry common to everyone (Hand Axe, Tomahawk, etc), and even his Binding Blade appearance only comes with a Brave Axe and Silver Lance, so he has no link to attacking at a distance whatsoever.

Yet so far Hector and Vector and now Lector are the only ones to have access to the skill.

Follow-up, is Ostia's Pulse just an Infantry Pulse Tactics version that affects all units?

Also, please stop giving units Dragon Fang/Draconic Aura, this is a personal request, y'all over at IS know we are just gonna give him Bonfire/Ignis anyway.

...does this mean normal Hector will get another Axe option?

Edited by Xenomata

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And every time anyone brings up anything negative about Lyn, you go on about how dumb it is. I'm not being hypocritical or having a fit either, I'm just explaining to you that it's not wrong to think Lyn getting her legendary when she did was dumb.

Except I don't go on about how dumb it is every time, only in the cases where it's actually dumb. You're just factually wrong about that. Even I have complaints about Lyn's Legendary, only it's for the type and color of the weapon, should have just been a colorless bow, Mani Katti, or beefed-up Sol Katti.

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, yes, people knew a legendary Lyn would eventually come. But not that soon since she already had four other versions, including one that only came a few months before that. I didn't think her legendary version would arrive for several more months, at least six, myself. So no, it was not dumb at all and the reasons for the backlash Lyn got were very valid.

Nope, you can't say "four versions" for this. CYL was voted on BY THE PEOPLE and specifically selected BY THE PEOPLE, and they gave the rough estimate when the units would come out from the very beginning before the winners were even official. Can't count CYL for this kind of argument for Lyn, Ike, Roy, or Lucina, and more recently Hector, Celica, Ephraim, and Veronica. Sorry, reasons still dumb and invalid. We had Bride, a whole half-year before Valentine's, and then a couple months before Legendary. Not too far off from other units with three alternate versions.

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, maybe some people would've still complained if it was 2020. You'll always have complaints. But I doubt you'd have seen as many in that case.

I guarantee there'd still be just as many complaints.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is there any character you care about being upended by somebody else? I have the impression you'd pull for a three-year-old child's scribble of a random brigand boss if they had the gameplay merits. Not to say there is anything wrong with caring only about the gameplay selves of people, since I do that all the time in actual FEs, FEH though seems to me to give greater license to indulge your subjective tastes and kick objective merits out the door.

I pull for gameplay and I pull for character favoritism.

I don't really care if characters are made obsolete by better, newer characters. It'll probably stop me from using them in my Arena Assault lead team, but I'm still one to play favorites anywhere I can. My Arena core is still dragon kindergarten with the launch trainee dragons and their original Triangle Adept builds.

At least I got the armads part right lol.

But seriously? Another axe armor? This is even more ridiculous than Tharja's alts being all red tomes 

I think berserk armads is still the better version though

tbh Lyn's alts are less offensive than all the Hector versions, even though she has more. At least she shows up with a varied movement/weapon type every time, and isn't just stuck with axe armor and an Armads variant. Excluding the score whales, people would still pull for a varied weapon type Hector because he is Hector.

I still love all 3 Elibe lords though, since that was my first game. (and hopefully Eliwood gets a legendary alt eventually as well)

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eliwood better get a darn Legendary, poor guy keeps getting totally shafted! He'd probably be a red unit on a horse with Durandal of some sort, and probably a Fire Legendary because, ya know, Blazing Blade.

I'd rather Maltet for him, because:

1. It's different
  2. His FE6 self has S lances and only A swords
  3. And his beta FE7 class Lycian Knight was a Cavalier with a higher base rank in Lances, hinting he was supposed to get Maltet I think

But what does IS care about this stuff? It'll be a Durandal.

15 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Except I don't go on about how dumb it is every time, only in the cases where it's actually dumb. You're just factually wrong about that. Even I have complaints about Lyn's Legendary, only it's for the type and color of the weapon, should have just been a colorless bow, Mani Katti, or beefed-up Sol Katti.

You mean where you think it's dumb. I am not wrong about that. Lyn got five versions in little more than a year while many other characters, including popular ones, only have one alt, no alts, or aren't even in the game yet. And the most popular male, Ike, still only has three and no seasonals while two of Lyn's are seasonals. Some of us just feel things have been too lopsided to her and not enough attention is going to other characters. There is nothing dumb about that at all.

Nope, you can't say "four versions" for this. CYL was voted on BY THE PEOPLE and specifically selected BY THE PEOPLE, and they gave the rough estimate when the units would come out from the very beginning before the winners were even official. Can't count CYL for this kind of argument for Lyn, Ike, Roy, or Lucina, and more recently Hector, Celica, Ephraim, and Veronica. Sorry, reasons still dumb and invalid. We had Bride, a whole half-year before Valentine's, and then a couple months before Legendary. Not too far off from other units with three alternate versions.

Excuse me, I don't know who the fuck you think you are if you think you can tell me what I can and can't say here. I can count Lyn's CYL version if I damn well please, thank you. So I'M sorry, my reasons are not dumb or invalid just because a super biased fanboy says they are.

I guarantee there'd still be just as many complaints.

Except you can't guarantee anything. I can't either, but I still feel there would be fewer complaints if IS just waited longer.

I'm done with this argument though, it's pointless to go on when you're just not going to understand that some people have different views of Lyn and her treatment in this game from yours. To the ignore list (and I might as well take you off my Heroes friends list too).

Edited by Anacybele

A few trends being broken here, and other observations:

• Only 3 seasonals, and none of them are green. This is especially odd since green is the most saturated color for seasonals. This might be due to the NY banner only having 3 units, and I'm not sure if this will be a consistent thing.
  • Hector's bonus is +Atk instead of the expected +Res, breaking from the trend of this second wave of legendaries having the next stat in order from the previous wave.
  • This banner contains 3 of each movement type. Perhaps that was intentional when adding a legendary armor unit? This is also perhaps why we didn't see Lissa, Cavalry Chrom (skipped over for Leif!), or Camilla. I wouldn't be too surprised to see if unit type becomes a consideration in the future.
  • I went 9/12 on my prediction, so that's neat I guess. My biggest surprises are that Lissa didn't appear and that Leif did.
  • Next month's legendary is expected to be blue, and I strongly suspect it'll be Earth type as well, as the current season when a new legendary is released has always been the new hero's, and the next month's hero's

I'll whip up a new thread for next month's banner once this banner launches.

23 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I wonder if anyone at the planning meeting pointed out that Gunnthra's "legendary" accomplishments would be that of a glorified compass.

That's certainly one way to put it, hahah.

Has Fjorm done anything that could be seen as legendary? Does someone affiliated with ice catching a "cold" count?