Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Refa said:

I might need to sub out TBH but kinda wanted to give my final reads because the Omega/Ichigo wagons tilted me.  Omega is playing exactly like his last game (his D1 play was legitimately shoddy but I think he's picked up today) and Ichigo just seems like an easy mislynch because all of the cases on him are the most level 0 stuff.  I only skimmed Marth's later posts TBH but I don't remember anything particularly convincing there.  I think Marth asked me a question???  SB said I might be scum and I legitimately don't remember why and am too lazy to find it.  Should probably check that to see if it's scum or not, although my gut reaction was "Scum!SB doesn't get paranoid of me unless he thinks I'm a decent mislynch".  I think his vote is okay, though?  EvanManMan disappearing really bothers me because he's been unavailable for most of the game.  Don't want to get on his case too much for that cause it could be IRL and I thought his reaction to me at the end of the day was townie.  Why is Red Ryu scum?  Legitimate question, I don't remember the slot.  Shattiel is a slot I'd want to look into cause it feels like it dropped off after the first half of D1.

@weinerman Wanted to reply to you specifically because I promised that I would about your original post but I still don't really get your Shinori townread.  You're saying because he didn't argue w/Evan more he's town, but like...it doesn't directly benefit scum to do that, especially if Evan is town.  I don't think you ever addressed my issues with your Ichigo scumread, uh sorry if you did just quote that.  I guess my issue is that now I can get your thought process on your scum reads but a lot of them are null reads, or not scum reads for today.  For example, Alpha Male/Gorf/Elemina are all "I'll look at them later, some points of theirs interest me" which seems like a scum case to me.  Your Evan read is "he doesn't make sense as scum/scum with Ichigo", which only looks good on you if Ichigo does flip scum.  I legitimately don't get how you hold those opinions on Dyachei or John Carter.

Gut feelings for JC/Dya. For Ichigo, the tidbit I quoted or addressed was just that -- a tidbit. I scumread him more on his behavior and the way he is playing which I tried to explain through something I thought was interesting/telling as to why I believe so. If you don't agree then It wasn't strong enough which I can see because I've been making half-hearted excuses about not wanting to read prior to my subbing in, laziness is definitely one of my bad traits as town. I've updated my reads on AM/Gorf/Ele in another post couple of pages back. I think it's best to get something out though regardless and I wanted to mention it cuz if you get something out..usually people will tell you things about it which in turn only helps me

Sup

I'm pretty sure that JohnCarter and Alpha Male are lock clear or almost there. Highly doubt Quas destroys AM in the manner that they did as a partner and AM was constantly pushing JC so I will be VERY shocked if there is mafia in Quas and JC.

I think the people we should look at today are Mello, Ryan, Yolo and Ichigo.

Mello's hop onto AM last second seemed super opportunistic and like it was a towncred grab. It shouldn't have even counted it was that late.

I've already stated my reasons for Tyan and Ichigo yesterday but I can say them again if it is wanted.

And for Yolo, well, he wasn't voting AM, and Yolo doesn't bus. Ik it's kinda weak but it's not wrong. I also remember him being around at EoD but not doing anything. He was just joking with Girf and was behind the Squirtle squad thing iirc.

I'd say Marth is a decent exploration but two of my mafia suspects ended on him so I feel like he was the intended scum counterwagon.

Veto Naana for raisins

I read over Weinerboy's wall post and I really like pretty much everything he says. His thoughts are generally agreeable and I like his reads. Idk about Ran because I haven't seen much of them. And I might just sheep his Shinori read because I think his reasoning behind townreading them is good and that I easily coild have been wrong.

##Vote @Omega.

I feel must confident that Yolo is scum for some odd reason. Likely gut.

11 hours ago, LaserGuy said:

@Elemina:

Why are you having such a hard time reading YOLO this game? Did that Civilization game throw you off on him? What do you make of him being the leading wagon (I think) right now?

I am curious why you didn't really bother with a read on Magnificence, considering that you obviously put in a lot of time on everyone else, and that he's attracted a fair bit of interest both D1 and D2. What do you think of the case on him?

Why does Ryu get a pass for replacing into a slot you find scummy when I didn't? :(:

Your scumreads look okay to me. I agree on Ichigo, Refa, probably Evan. I don't agree about Orihime because of her interaction with the late push on AMW, but I see where you're coming from. I may have to have another look at Shattiel, since all of my townreads seem to like her.

I'm currently on the Ichigo wagon. Will have another look at Evan tomorrow.

Yes, it's mostly due to that. I thought he was just being his usual townie and aloof self but he was scum there. So it caused me to re-evaluate how I can read him. (Yet as time is passing I lean towards him being slight scum just hard defending me) I just have a hard time having the interest to sort Magna's posts when they are mostly words but without votes there. Right now I don't have a big concern with him though.

7 hours ago, weinerman said:

Ran I read your wall and I see you flipped your thought on Ichigo to scum even though when I previously asked you it was Null, what got you further to change your mind? Is it his lack of posting or ducking out cuz I'm pretty sure I asked you this early into the day and he has not been tonally different.

The way he interacts with us (DGamers) and MU players is a stark contrast that I'm getting annoyed at, it's kinda like marshy is big bro'ing all of us and won''t give us the time of the day meanwhile if you look at his small interaction with Alpha he actually respects him to some degree. I'm over it, I'm a grown ass man who pays his taxes now and honestly I'm waiting for him on a lot things. What do you think his angle is towards me? There's more he wants to say about me and that's my gut feeling and well I'll get back to you when he finally fucking does it

It was the re-read I did that cemented the read, and seeing his reads upon an AM flip. So it wasn't tone change, as I think he tone hasn't really changed from game to game. It's mostly the reads. Now on Yolo, I feel it's slightly scummy for him to continue attacking you when you are so obvious town here. He's using my ease of being read as town to counter attack GORF AND YOU when you two are just blatantly wrong. The thing that really gets me is his lack of response to my reads here. He's not trying to work with me, he's ignoring me here. HIS TOP TOWN READ. It's not lack of respect here. He would interact with me and tell me that my direction is not what he wants. "I want to lynch this guy first so that things can become clear to me" is something he'd say but he isn't really talking to me and that's just sketch.

Yolo: My first impression with Yolo was that his questioning towards me in early game was not genuine. It seemed like he was only asking me to clarify about the 'town af' statement only to seem like he was questioning me rather then actually use it to determine my alignment. Him re-phrasing his question seemed like he actually had a problem with my slot, but it never progressed to anything. This is why I asked him what he gained from my answer. He got that my metrics were bad. Besides that, his opening was joke style. When he's town I'm adjusted to him waiting and turning the heat on who he really believes is scum. He says waiting and observing is a good approach to find scum, but has he found scum yet? His continued play has been jokes about reads. Seeing his reads, I don't actually see any scum on his can go list. Although he does mention Mello.

Addition: What held me back was Yolo hard reading me as town and defending me on it, but now what concerns me is him not really trying to work with me, or even talk to my reads at all. He quotes the reads and says he'll interact with it later but he doesn't at all and is focused more on interacting with Alpha Male + Shinori.

I'm down to wagon Yolo today.

##VOTE: OMEGA

4 minutes ago, Shinori said:

No I just wanna know why you ignored it and refused to comment on it.

I don't really remember you commented on AM at all yesterday and the fact that after they were outted you didn't state SHIT about it except for the one post I quoted is suspect.

Also you didn't answer my previous question; you stated Marth gets vigged on an AM TOWN FLIP.  Why is Marth still on the potential lynch pool for you following an AM WOLF FLIP.

Because there was no point. "AM is outed." What does that accomplish? She was going to die 100%, so who cares.

I've already explained why I think Marth has wolf equity.

As for me/Refa buddying, lol, don't know why you're acting like him and I weren't pretty much masons for like 7 or 8 Dayphases in SFMM5, were wolf bros in a game I just mentioned, and is probably the SFer I tend to agree with most in terms of reads in mafia in general.

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

@weinerboy Sorry if you've stated this previously, what's your read on Omega?

If I looked at marshy as Omega I wouldn't like what he's doing, I know that might sound confusing but meta is highly affecting trying to understand his angle. I've been clawing, no, BEGGING for the guy to really tell me what he's feeling about me but like he just keeps leaving me cold so I don't know if I will have a date for the High School prom or not

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

If I looked at marshy as Omega I wouldn't like what he's doing, I know that might sound confusing but meta is highly affecting trying to understand his angle. I've been clawing, no, BEGGING for the guy to really tell me what he's feeling about me but like he just keeps leaving me cold so I don't know if I will have a date for the High School prom or not

Vote Yolo with me. He has no reason to push you, you're obvious town.

22 hours ago, Shinori said:

Like if scum wanted a counter wagon to save AM they probably would have gone MI which is why I feel that wagon looks AWFUL.

Does anyone not remember how that thing kind of sprung up fairly close to EoD and grew quickly SPECIFICALLY STARTED by people who knew Marth most likely wouldn't be around for phase end.

If the Marth wagon looks "AWFUL" why are tou voting Naana?

6 hours ago, Ryanyb said:

:megathonk:
red was on the of the first people on MI, who you're also scumreading, and red was subsequently jumped on by ele and mello so how you draw that conclusion is ???

Really awkward timing for a red ryu defense

Ran, I really don't care to work with you when you're village until later in the game when others die. Sorry dude, just being real. Like maybe if other people die, but I'm more interested in working with Refa, Naana, Gorf, probably some other players. If you want to read me wolf knock yourself out but that's not a reason for it.

1 minute ago, Omega. said:

Because there was no point. "AM is outed." What does that accomplish? She was going to die 100%, so who cares.

I've already explained why I think Marth has wolf equity.

As for me/Refa buddying, lol, don't know why you're acting like him and I weren't pretty much masons for like 7 or 8 Dayphases in SFMM5, were wolf bros in a game I just mentioned, and is probably the SFer I tend to agree with most in terms of reads in mafia in general.

What about before AM got outted? You didn't really talk about them all that much then either.

Explaining why Marth has wolf equity is not what I asked.  You stated Marth deserves to be shot/killed if AM flipped town.  AM flipped wolf and your read appears to not have changed AT ALL WRT that which is what I was asking about.  There is a difference, even if it's slight.

If marshy legitimately believes that the only thing he has against me is that my wall was wolfy and my ran read was wolfy or whatever then yes I will gladly join and he can sit and be stubborn about it in the graveyard

1 minute ago, EvanManManMan said:

If the Marth wagon looks "AWFUL" why are tou voting Naana?

Is this "why are you voting Naana?" or "Why aren't you voting Naana?"

Cause I'm not voting Naana.  And I'm currently pushing Omega who was also on the Marth wagon.

4 hours ago, Red Ryu said:

Lol at that discord catch.

Do mafia talk on discord chats here? I’m used to that mono forum thing dgames did.

but yeah I can see it as a catching a slip there if legit that is how people talk to each other these days as scum.

dumbtelling?

36 minutes ago, Omega. said:

I'm not thunderdoming you. I think you're a villager, the thunderdome invite was for a wolf.

I'm not going to bat for Ichigo. I think there are a few worlds where he's a wolf. Think the game is pretty deep if he's a villager. Rage if you want dude, not really sure what you're looking for here. The thing that I liked from Ichigo was him voting Marth. The Marth wagon seriously felt good when it was building steam and felt right. It seemed/felt villagery to hop onto it because I believe he may pushed that wagon to 5.

If you really expect me to have some groundbreaking case on either Marth/weinerboy when the former has like 5 posts and the latter just subbed then I dunno what to tell you. Just not realistic. This pretty much just feels like people expect me to solve the game when frankly there isn't enough content/posts from the nulls to do so.

dya, I'll try to get an iso in on Evan tonight. Gotta run a few errands and take care of some stuff.

What do you mean game is pretty deep?

5 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Ran, I really don't care to work with you when you're village until later in the game when others die. Sorry dude, just being real. Like maybe if other people die, but I'm more interested in working with Refa, Naana, Gorf, probably some other players. If you want to read me wolf knock yourself out but that's not a reason for it.

I think it is. Why are you voting SOUP? Tell me that.