Tales of Malaketh: Ritual of the Blood Red Night - Part 1: On The Run

Nanami Touko

Jackson gawked quite openly at the new patron, while Misea remained amused and interested. "I thought you'd be running, or laughing at me. This is a welcome surprise... Two others of my kind, and four humans... I must ask, Mikaela, you... Aren't afraid?" An amusing thought, even if the other four had remained around, Lua had disappeared almost immediately, and the grounds were still touchy between them.

"I'm with him. What the hell?" Jackson, much as he owned the vampire some, was rather shocked. "Humans an' vampires just don't mix... No offense, Misea."

"Some taken," Misea snickered, but nodded. "He is right, though... So you must tell me, why the excitement? I'll admit, I revealed myself partially to try and test you, but... Well, now I'm just excited."

"A pony? That's like, a small horse, right? ... Maybe." Almira wasn't against something like that, but she'd have to see, first. She wasn't going to be getting much bigger, as it stood...

And as the 'farmer' stood, for the first time, he headed over towards a small shed parked next to the stables, stepping inside but one moment, and coming out with the reins Alex would need. He held them out with a grin, no issues on his end. Two hundred gold for a horse and its straps? Especially outside caravan season? Nothing could've made him happier.

"I think I wanna get back to the inn... Lemme just go grab Astrid and Mina." What were they still talking about anyway? Almira hopped away from Sephtis for a moment to check on them, and--

"Whhhhhhh!?" Turning the corner, she gawked for a moment, before turning right back around and scurrying over to her new bodyguard.

"Th-Th-They're busy we can probably just go right now..."

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, it's a tiny one, Almira. You'd be able to ride one just fine, I'm sure of it." Honestly, it's not like her height prevented Almira from riding normal horses, but Alex digressed. "Well, yeah, I think it's time for us to go. Bothing that can't be done on a personal trip if I can help it!" Ah, and there were the reins. Alex toom them from the caretaker's hands, offering a brief 'thank you' before working on the horse's bridle. "If you got nothing else on mind, we're good, Almi- Almira?"

The girl had decided to check on Mina and Astrid abruptly, and returned just as quickly. The timing of such things did make Alex curious... "What's gotten them so busy? I don't think they're the kind to fancy horsekeepin' all that much!" How curious, I'll call for them, you lead this boy here by the reins, alright? Promise he won't hurt ya." Alex gave the reins to Seph, before making to the same corner Almire decided to explore.

"H-huh?" Now that looked... a bit too passionate. Was Alex missing something? "H-hey... like, I don't think this is the best place to be doing this stuff." What's going on? Mina, you're too friendly with these vampires...

"Afraid?  Hmm, I guess you could say my curiosity and excitement override the fear I might have for your kind," Mikaela explains as he managed to look bashfully towards the side.  The smile didn't disappear though, even as he went back to look at Misea with a sudden gleam in his eye.  "I take it you're not used to people acting this way?  I mean, yes I understand the conflicts between my kind and yours but...." and here he stayed silent, an almost wistful look on his face as he tried to explain himself.

When he found the words he let out a soft chuckle and shook his head.  "I must say, your excitement is quite endearing.  Of course, my reason for acting this way....I feel like there should be more to just war and fighting between us.  I....mind you, this isn't the first time I've thought of this.  I just believe that maybe an understanding can come between our kind, you know? Some may call me foolish, optimistic...I may be those things but I always stand by what I believe..." 

Wilhelmina was wholly unprepared. Her expectations of what would happen--a dainty, refined sip from the proffered wrist, perhaps--were scattered to the winds like so much airy wisps. As the countess drew their bodies together, almost like a tango, a squeak escaped the teacher's lips and she felt her heart leap to her throat. The better for Astrid to drink from, that way? Except no. Freezing up as another's lips touched her skin, not making the same mistake she had with Almira, any fears of a gross betrayal of hospitality were somewhat confusingly tabled, as not even a hint of fang showed itself during the kiss, nor for that matter at all seriously in the teasing that came after.

"You can't possibly... I mean, you're... and I'm..." Mina huffed and tried to gather her thoughts, not accurately expressing herself. They were from such different stations in life, surely the countess could have any of dozens of others, each better than than the last, and all better than her--unremarkable, save for this apparently bewitching scent. And there was the matter of their shared sex to consider too! Had there been any attention paid to that defect, or was she simply too enspelled for thought? 

"Do you always play with your food?" Mina finally managed to retort back, attempting and failing to push the other woman away. "Give you an inch and you try and take me for a mile," she finished with a grumble, before being startled by Alex's voice coming from down the alley before she could do anything more. Flushing fierce with embarrassment, the teacher couldn't even begin to think of a convincing excuse.

"S-She's right," she finally stammered. "E-Even as a joke you shouldn't do such things in the open. People will misunderstand. ...We should be getting back."

Misea started to laugh, and Jackson sighed. "Look, mister, this ain't... There's... As long as we're 'food'--"

"Hahaha... Hush, Jackson. You silly boy--"

"Boy?"

"We're still wonderfully emotional creatures... It's simply, you need water, and we need... Well. Mikaela, I love the way you think. It's not horribly rare, but it's always nice to meet a human that thinks this way... It would be wonderful if we could all live together without this fear, one day. Until then, I wouldn't think twice about asking someone like you on board... My company should be back before the evening hits us, and I'd be happy to introduce them to you, save any nonsense they might've gotten themselves into." Surely Mina was being responsible about things. The woman seemed the type.

"Shall I consider you a part of our little adventure, then? I will warn you, things might get... Bloody."

"You are a wonderfully beautiful young woman with an utterly enchanting scent, and a flavour I am certain is divine, and I... am deeply in the market for such a wondrous thing. I don't see the issue with any of that." Astrid replied, her voice coming out slow and heavy, rolling across Mina's ears like honey as her fingers continued to gently caress the teacher's side, gingerly creeping upwards just enough to dance across her belly. As Alex came around and inquired as to their predicament, the Countess' face lit up with a grin, taking in Mina's scent as it grew ever more enticing, her warm blood rushing to the surface of her skin in her embarrassment. Giggling gently, just enough to bounce her bust every so slightly, Astrid took a moment to stare into the deep abyss of Mina's gentle blue eyes.

"Of course I do, Mina dearest~ The difference between other vampires and myself is that, after a bite, people come back to me for more~ I make wholly sure of that... though I believe the one misunderstanding is you, my dear. There is no joke, and I've seen more than my share of humans overcome with want... you're well on your way there~" Astrid whispered, gently caressing Mina's cheek with her finger, dragging the digit beneath her chin only to stop at the edge of it and pulling her face just far enough upwards to press her lips into Mina's, initiating what was likely a very unexpectedly tender kiss. 

Glendwr looked at Alex as she went over to see where Mina and Astrid had gone. He asked a simple question after she said something to them, one he honestly didn't expect a clear answer too. "What's going on over there?" He didn't really know if he wanted to know, or if he really cared, but apparently it caused Mira to come back quickly and piqued Alex's interest, which was fascinating to say the least.

Mikaela blinked at Jackson, before practically grinning back at Misea as the other responded to his answer.  The fact that he had made a good first impression was already a plus in his book, and overall the young man knew deep down that this adventure wouldn't be something he'd regret.

"Consider me a part of your company then!" he happily replied, before nodding at the mention of the other's company.  "I know that things may get a bit bloody...heh...but I'm not a stranger to that," was his only response, before running a hand through his own hair.  "Given the fact that I have to travel most of the time, there are moments where I've gotten a bit hands tied with some hooligans here and there..."

W-what was going on? Mina seemed to have come to her senses after Alex called out, but the Countess couldn't care less? "H-hey now, you..." It was utterly confusing, flustering the country girl. Whatever Astrid was doing, it was an echelon above any public display of affection that Alex had seen. What was certain was that she was being very pushy, though. Alex just... didn't know what to process. "Hey now, Astrid... we're at a stable, here." And she definitely wasn't going to stand for Mina being bitten... but could she stop the Countess? Alex gulped, hand grabbing the handle of her sword, but not drawing it immediately. Was it smart? She was a contractor, in some way. Ugh... what do I do?

Edited by Xinnidy

Mina's gentle blue eyes froze, cracked, then flared up with icy rage. Sure, perhaps she'd been tempting vampires with her scent without having known of it, but she knew for sure she hadn't been tempting anyone into this kind of behavior, neither man nor woman. However tender and gentle Astrid's kiss may have been, the teacher's lips were not hers to have taken! Instinctively moving to voice her disapproval, all she managed to accomplish was a muffled indignant vague noise of protest. Just that, and etching the memory of the event even deeper, as the sensation of her lips moving across the countess's seared itself into her brain.

Realizing that where words had failed, she had to rely on other options, Wilhelmina put her hand into motion. Nearly pinned as she was, she didn't have the best of leverage, and perhaps Astrid sensed it coming through the change in her body language. The countess didn't manage to stop the slap from landing, though it only hit but weakly, a light stinging of flesh on flesh and nothing more. Then, pushing back against the other woman's shoulders, and perhaps only from some element of surprise, Mina managed to free herself enough to splutter, "Just who do you think you are! Just who do you think I am?"

Flushing, now more with anger than embarrassment, she stalked away, over to where Alex was standing. As she fled, Mina turned her head over her shoulder briefly, casting a look of hurt and confusion back at the countess. How had it come to this? Compared to Almira's case, nothing was making any sense.

Edited by Balcerzak

Almira didn't quite know what to say when Mina came back around the corner, looking more than a little dejected. Was there anything to say? Whatever had happened must have been some rather serious business... Just what was Astrid doing, back there? Did she bite her? Was there more to it than that? Worried and confused, Almira took hold of Seph's hand again. Hopefully things would make more sense later...

"Then some more drinks on me. A hardy fellow in our company can only mean good things are to come."

"Can you even get drunk?" Jackson asked, genuinely curious.

"If I can, I haven't hit the threshold yet."

"Why're you drinkin' then? This stuff ain't got the greatest taste."

"Mmm... The mood, I suppose~"

Jackson rolled his eyes.

It only took a small bit of time for the group to return to the inn, Misea smiling towards the door as everyone walked in. With a chuckle and a raised glass, they waved people over, but... Their smile quickly fell. I can't trust anyone to make a day go right, can I? Mina had an... Unfortunate, but familiar mark on her neck, one that Misea wasn't about to leave alone. Trying to smile again, ever so faintly, they cleared their throat.

"Wonderful to see you all back. I'd like to introduce you to Mikaela. We've been talking and drinking quiet pleasantly, he seems ever the interesting fellow... You're all free to mingle, but, uh... Astrid, Almira, Mina. Come with me, for a moment, yes? Upstairs." Much as Misea didn't want to believe it, Astrid may not have been the one who had done the deed... And judging by how Almira was already shrinking, there may have been something to that.

"Appreciate the drinks, Jackson. Here's some for the rest of them, if they wish it." Misea stood, left a small pouch of coins on the counter, and stalked off to the stairs, quickly ascending them, and throwing the door to their room open. "Absolutely ridiculous..."

"Hhh... Uhm... I-I'll be right back, Sephtis..." Almira was clearly shaken, they hadn't ever seen Misea so upset... Not at them. With timid steps, they followed after the knight, glancing back at Mina. She half mouthed, 'I'm sorry', unsure if there was something that could've been done to make the day different.

"Vampires," Jackson sighed, shaking his head. "You're all the sorry lot that's been saddled with 'em? Welcome to the Half Calf. You've got four rooms to your names, hope y'don't mind bunkin' together somewhat. Was too full up to give you all spaces fer yerselves. Drinks, then?" Jackson was already pouring, surely someone was interested.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Things had gone poorly, it seemed. Mina had stalked back from whatever she and Astrid had been doing seeming rather angry, which had caused Almira to shrink in even more. Something had happened there. Maybe it was girl stuff, maybe it was more. Seph had briefly considered asking, but figured if he was going to stick his hand into a bear trap, he'd rather have it be a real bear trap than the one in front of him. Mina didn't seem bad, but when she was looking angry, even Seph knew better than to poke. He probably could have asked Almira, but she seemed too stressed to make him willing to bother her. And Astrid... Just no.

And yet it seemed that there was room for things to go worse once they returned. A new face was welcome, though they seemed to be missing another. The girl they'd picked up earlier was gone... Strange that one. But still, another companion was always welcome. And it seemed he was in on the secret given how open the bartender was. Strange that the bartender was also in on it but... The more worrying thing was the three getting called away by Misea. He had to have a reason for those three specifically. It couldn't be the hand holding, otherwise he would have wanted to talk to Seph too, right? Something wasn't right here, but there was nothing Seph could do about it now. Better to focus on what was in front of him.

Holding out a hand, he grinned at the new face. "Nice to meet you, Mikaela. My name is Seph, well Sephtis technically, but Seph is just easier. What made you want to join in with our motley crew?"

Well... everything ended up a bit more heated than expected. Alex didn't expect the outburst from Mina at all, but if even she felt that way... "Come on, we got what we came for." Alex did spare a glance towards Astrid, a bit less apprehensive now. While the countess did appreciate a hedonistic way of life, it seemed she could use some cool around humans... even if nearly every damn vampire got aroused by Mina's blood or someting. I really don't get it... I hope they don't bite her.

--- 

Finally back at the inn, they were treated to a new hired body, a man named Mikaela. "Well met... where's Lua gone off to?" She quickly took notice of the girl's absence. Did she bail already? That'd have been unfortunate. At least she was getting free drinks, Alex liked free drinks. Is it just me, or do vampires don't care much about how they spend their money? Maybe it was just because Almira was royalty or something. Probably filthy rich. "Well, I'm not gonna say no to free drinks... give me one, boss." She noted, nodding to the barkeep. "And Misea, I think I wanna talk to you later, too." She almost felt bad for Mina, going to be stuck with three vampires for a bit.

...wait, wasn't that bad?

Well, it seemed it would take a bit more work yet, in order to cross that particular bridge. Still, Astrid would remember the taste of Mina's lips, even if it had been a brief experience. The woman was... succulent in all of the right ways, and based on the particulars of Mina's reaction, was more confused and surprised by the Countess' forward nature than actively disinterested. She'd simply need to be more gentle in patching this ship so it may sail, and be sure to pull Mina aside to talk, sooner rather than later. But for now, returning to Misea.

Well, it had taken but a moment for Misea to figure out that something was amiss upon their arrival, the Knight was certainly as sharp as ever. As nice as it would have been to speak to their new addition, it seemed she too had been singled out for interrogation as it were, though not without reason.

"Of course, Misea. Come now ladies, no dilly-dallying~"

Thankfully Alex hadn't asked any more questions about what had been going on, or gods forbid Seph or Almira decided they needed to know as well. Mina had nodded upon hearing the horse business had been all wrapped up while she was occupied, at least that had gone well enough. A bit too riled up to really care which animal had been settled on, she opted to just trust her armored friend had done it right, and decided to lead everyone back to the inn to unload. Even if the day was young enough that people had other plans for it still, there was no need to keep Sephtis shackled to carrying around the load of clothes and such for longer than necessary.

A bit of brisk walk was just what the doctor ordered to help her cool down a little, as well, but it seems that escaping the frying pan may not have been enough to be free of the fire. No sooner had the teacher led their little entourage into the common room of the inn, but Misea had turned stern and invited... ordered her and the other vampires to her room for a conversation. Was it that obvious? Was she wearing the events of earlier upon her sleeve or something? Wilhelmina considered asking Alex to move some of her things into the room she assumed they'd be sharing, but the girl had already settled in at the bar for a little relaxation, which she'd earned, and given the hefty favor she'd already extracted from her earlier, Mina ended up changing her mind and saying nothing. It's not like whatever inquisition this might turn out to be would take forever anyway, right?

Her shoulders slumping a little as she resigned herself to following up the stairs, catching Almira's mouthed apology was a beam of relative sunshine. Mina nodded, everything should be fine. Nobody was hurt, and the incident was kept mostly under wraps. Despite the rollercoaster the end of her chat with Astrid had turned into, the earlier bits of it had been reassuring enough. It was just a matter of satisfying the princess's knight's curiosity, surely.

A brief smile for the rest of the party before she ascended the stairs in the vampires' wake, Mina said, "Always something more to be done, isn't there? I'll look forward to hearing your story later," she directed at the new arrival, then turned to the rest, "And try not to enjoy yourselves, too much." Then it was time to pay the piper. Filing into the room after Astrid and Almira, she figured this would be a closed door meeting, and shut it behind her appropriately.

"Please, I hope you're not terribly upset," she directed at Misea, trying to head things off a little. But Mina decided against elaborating much more until she knew just what she was up against.

Edited by Balcerzak

"Hah, boss! Yeah, sure thing. Drinks on yer crazy caravan leader. The heck's he roundin' y'all up for, anyway? Never did give me any info... Not sure he wanted to, huh." Jackson shrugged, setting out drinks enough for everyone. "Feel free t'sit down an' talk if it's on your mind. I like listenin' to all sorts'a travel."

"Upset... Is not the word I would use," Misea sighed out, taking a seat at the edge of the bed. "Just... Astrid, close the door. What happened--"

"It was my fault!" Almira blurted out, holding herself just a touch. "We were just, trying on clothes, and all I could breathe in was how she smelled, and... And I let go, and... I'm sorry."

"Almira, shhh... Sh, come here. It's okay." Almost reluctantly, the girl stepped forward, Misea ushering her to sit on the bed, petting her hair gently. "I'm not mad. Not at you, not at Mina. And it's not about who's at fault here... I'm just worried about anything happening to you. Have you felt odd? Different? Has anything changed since you drank her blood?"

Almira winced at the mention of drinking blood, Misea hugging her gently to try and give her some more comfort. "I don't, think so... It, was nice, but... I don't think I feel any different. Do I seem different...?"

"Aside from these rosy cheeks, you seem about the same, I would say... That, does leave one bit of business, though." Misea felt another sigh coming, heaving their shoulders a tad, and trying to quiet the noise. "Mina, give me your wrist."

"Huh?"

"If you've drank her blood, I need to test it myself. I can't have anything happening to you, not a thing, even from something like that... And if nothing comes of it by the next morn, then we'll call it safe. Unfortunately... It might mean seconds, for you. I'm sure you understand that, Miss Mina?" Misea took an eye off of Almira for a moment, casting it at the teacher, wondering how she'd be taking this situation.

Mina had already begun to close the door before Misea asked, leaving that task moot. Almira was quick to take blame for what had happened, which left the entire situation well and out in the open. That mostly left Astrid to lean against the door, though Misea's request was rather... unexpected. Or at least, their explanation for it. The request itself made perfect sense in any other context.

"That seems overly paranoid, even involving Almira, Misea. Were her blood foul, surely we'd have caught the scent of it."

Misea nodded, perhaps it was, but there was more to it than that. "I've never heard of a blood strong enough to drive our kind beyond their senses. Even for Almira, new to this, I can't imagine a single human's taste to drive her to do something like that. I don't expect Mina's blood to be tainted, or, forbid poisonous. I'm more worried that it's too strong. I'd like to find out, but... If she protests, I'm not about to force it out of her. It is her blood, after all." There was still the issue of Almira gathering a taste for it, but perhaps, perhaps hopefully, one instance wouldn't cause a dependence. It couldn't be that wondrous, could it?

Glendwr spoke when Alex had asked about Lua's whereabouts. "She got up and ran towards the horizon, right in the middle of brunch. Her plate of eggs was sitting there, basically untouched, so I ate them." He then looked over at what he could assume was Misea's new pet project. "A pleasure, I guess. I am Glendwr Silver-Steel. I doubt that means anything to you, or indeed anyone around here, so don't think too much on it. Tell me, what makes a well to do man such as yourself want to go adventuring with 3 vampires and their mercenaries? You don't seem too worried about the stipulations or consequences, but then again, if any of us have, we've been putting those thoughts at the back of our mind. Well, except Lua, but she's long gone by now." He then turned to Jackson. "Which ones are ours, again? I don't want to intrude on someone's private business, or anything."

As they continued to talk and enjoy their drinks, it wasn't long before Misea's entourage came back.  Mikaela received them with a bright grin and a wave, before setting down his glass as he faced them now.

"Well aren't you all a colorful bunch," he said in amusement, before watching the vampires leave with one of the girls.  He raised a brow, but didn't say anything before going back to the other group at hand.  "It's nice to meet every one of you.  As mentioned earlier my name is Mikaela.  I'm a merchant from Hrost, and the reason I have joined your little entourage is because I have decided that your little adventure will satiate my disquieted spirit," he explains with a flourish of his hand, still smiling at them all.

"You don't have to worry about me though, I am well enough to handle a blade.  So, what brings you all to help three vampires aside from monetary gains?" he asks, curious about the other's stories as he took a nice drink from his glass.

All these mentions of vampires... Jackson couldn't help himself. "Hey, y'all wanna quiet down 'bout mentionin' who yer travelin' with? I know yer not bein' loud about it, but folks 'round here... Aren't the sort that take too kindly to our fanged friends. They didn't believe it right away, but keep sayin' it and some might start. Would like to avoid a mob, and I suspect the rest of you would agree." He idly cleaned out a glass as he warned the group, trying not to seem worried as a few other patrons looked at him with mild confusion.

Promptly getting her drink, Alex took a gulp and sat herself down by the balcony, not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Misea already paid for so many luxuries... surely he wouldn't mind paying her tab. "Ah~. Cold and bitter, I needed that." A moment of pondering did make Alex wonder if she was better off not talking, but the comfiness of being in civilization again, as well as that second cold gulp, eased her worries quickly. What's the worst that could happen, anyways? "You know that sweet little girl that followed him right now? Yeah, some guys back in their place want her for some bad rite. To give'em power to crush us and stuff."

Another swig, "Honestly, not too sure how that works, but that means sacrificing her. That's why we wanna get the hell away from there. For now at least. 'Least that's the story we've been told.." There was always the chance they've been lied to... but Alex didn't believe that was the case. To what end would Misea even need human bodyguards then? "So we've been on the move, and they've been trying to find a way so that creepy ritual never works. Or something."

It wasn't much later that Alex too another swig, only to realize she'd drank her cup too fast. "Ah, haha! Guess I've been outta there in the sun too long. Hey, mind another one, and some grub? Can put that in the tab too, right?"

Edited by Xinnidy

Like when they had been confronted by Astrid, Almira was quick to assume blame. And as had happened before, Misea also explained that she wasn't upset, nor did she care particularly care to assign blame. So, Mina took lesson from that prior encounter, and didn't bother protesting the finer details. Instead, as the countess moved over to lean up against the door, the teacher simply found herself rotating away, almost naturally approaching the bed, even before the knight called for her--though not directly, rather her path following the wall along the side of the room.

It was certainly something of an experience, to hear the quality of her blood debated over--whether it was possibly poison, or simply too potent a whiskey for one who should be weaned on sweet wine. Nerve-wracking, was an apt word for it, actually. Still, everyone seemed to be handling themselves calmly, discussing the matter with a level head. This, and the sight of Misea tenderly mothering the distraught princess, emboldened Mina. Taking another couple steps up to the edge of the bed, she sat herself down on it, on the side of the knight opposite from Almira.

Perhaps the princess was no longer affected by her after having already fed today. But Astrid had been interrupted, yet was still managing herself more or less normally at present. While this led Wilhelmina to suspect that the cause of the countess's slight bout of crazy may have come from an altogether different appetite, that didn't stop her from indulging the small bit of pettiness it took to throw her under the bus.

Staring at her wrist, as she rested it in her lap, she responded to Misea's disbelief about the possibility of her driving vampires wild with the simple statement, "While it was only Almira that bit me, Astrid too was acting rather... extreme." Her eyes flitted toward the countess at the door ever so briefly, before she turned her head to look at the knight. "One almost has to wonder, will you be able to keep yourself composed, or will this day see yet another woman bringing their mouth uncomfortably close to my neck."

Lifting her arm and swinging it over in front of Misea--the decision having already been made, despite her mind frantically revisiting worried calculations over how much she could offer before beginning to feel weak and woozy--Mina realized the angle for things might be a little off. "Should I be standing, after all?"

"What's all this about rituals and nonsense like that? By the Sun, that's what you're all wrapped up in? Might need a drink myself..." Jackson sighed heavily, were all vampires enamored with such adventures and magical messes? Surely not, but... "An' don't worry 'bout drinks an' food." Jackson picked up the pouch and nearly gasped, shaking his head again. "Damn knight don't know how to keep his money in his pockets. Guess yer all eatin'. Hope y'like meat." Jerky was simply, and easy to store.

"Astrid..." Misea lowered a scowl towards their friend, honestly, what was she driving at? They were trying to keep this group together, not tear it apart... "My apologies on her behalf, I'll only warn you to keep your distance from her if you don't want another round. I imagine her actions had much less to do with your blood than you're thinking... And, flattering as your comments are," Misea said through a smile, "you'll have to settle with my being a man. I hope that's not enough to scare you away from this." As for keeping their composure, well, they would have to see, wouldn't they?

The angle was a tad odd, but Misea wasn't doing this for the style or grace of it. Gently taking hold of her arm with their free hand, teeth sharply sunk into the skin, a sting, and then a euphoria that Mina likely already knew. It only took a moment to get a mouthful, and Misea was more than shocked upon removing themselves from her arm, covering their mouth, almost cowering away from Mina.

It took them a moment longer to even swallow, it was like their body didn't want to let it go, savor the smell and flavor as long as it could. Almira looking up at them in confusion, mired with a fresh touch of worry.

Finally getting it down, Misea was unsure if there was anything they could say. "You... What, are you?" That had been a frighteningly delicious taste. "I'd be surprised if any vampire could keep their composure with you carrying something like that... Goodness, Astrid, open the window, I feel I'll suffocate." Misea didn't want to give Mina the wrong impression, though. "I will clarify, you're... This isn't something awful, simply... Far, far too wonderful. Only now can I understand why Almira lost herself. Be careful, Mina, around all of us. I have enough restraint not to find myself at your neck, but... Almira is young, and new to these tastes, and... Well..." There was nothing more to be said about Astrid if the teacher already had an idea of what the countess was about.

"I've lived over a hundred years, never have I come across a human with a taste like this." They finally managed a smile, it was... They weren't going to need another bite for days, off of this. Some terrifying elixir. How did she survive the border town for this long? How did Astrid miss her? This one's got a fair bit of luck.

"I confronted her when I noticed Almira had taken a bite... I may have gone overboard in my flirtations, but honestly..." Astrid began, her face settling into a scowl as Misea began what was assuredly an over dramatic reaction to their drink from Mina.

"Perhaps I should allow you to suffocate, tormenting me so. Now I'm the only one who has not gotten a taste, and with Mina dearest angry at me, I am unlikely to for some time. Honestly, that scent riles up more than just saliva..." The Countess continued with a hefty sigh.