Tales of Malaketh: Ritual of the Blood Red Night - Part 1: On The Run

Nanami Touko

Alex seemed to have been pretty entertained watching Almira's antics. The tiny vampire really couldn't keep her liquor. "Ahahah, oh Almi-- hiiii, there?!" Alex had missed when Misea took a seat next to her altogether, genuinely surprised when she turned her head and found she had closer company that expected. "Gah! Don' scare me like that, ya? What'cha tryin' to pull, get a bite off me while I'm drunk? I'll let you know I can hold my drinks better'n' little missy here, and it ain't gonna happen with my sword a'my side!" While she was indeed more observant, Alex was still a fair bit under the influence. "Wait, what'cha mean about gold...? Ah, did Mina tell you. Oh, s'no biggie. I know it cost more than she coulda buy, but I agreed because I trust her. I'm sure I'll get it aaaall back when she gets paid again." She chuckled. "Her gold, though... I thought she'd spent it all too? Ain't that gonna put her in debt?"

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, sure. Got plenty. Good thing Misea's loaded... You steal somethin' on yer way outta wherever you come from?"

"Yes, actually."

"Aye, never mind I asked. Vampires..." Jackson once again muttered, setting a bowl down for the would be hunter.

"It's still a lovely afternoon, Glendwr. As for supplies, if you think so, but other than food you all may need, I'm sure I've stocked us up well enough... And, pardon me, Alex?" The women seemed to have taken a fair bit herself, Misea shaking their head.

"Why are you all convinced I'm out for your neck? It's offensive, honestly. As if I have no self control, really... Consider getting over yourself, for both our sakes." That bit of annoyance dealt with, Misea continued. "Mina asked me to give you what she would be paid upon arrival in the capital. Is that fine with you? I'm content to keep my gold until we reach our destination, but if you wish to be reimbursed for something she wanted, I don't mind making exception. Try to drink a bit less, though, yes?" One bar and two of them were already out of it.

Whoa, that was more of an reaction than she expected. "Sorry..." Was it really offensive, then? But it was dangerous, wasn't it? Could she really afford it, for the sake of his comfort. Well... she already treated Almira differently, although it was hard to compare her with other vampires... "Just... dunno. It's always a creepy thing, that y'could ruin me like that, but I suppose if you've never done it, y'ain't goin' to start now. Eh..." Now that was a mood killer, and although she wouldn't say it, Misea's jab in response did hit Alex a bit harder. A semblance of soberness quickly settled in. "Alright then... I'll wait 'till she gets paid again. We're already having food on your expenses."

"And, y'know, I dunno if you talked to Mina 'bout that back then, but, uh..." She stopped for a moment, looking around. Gee, that really wasn't the right place to talk about it, "Bit of an accident happened in the clothes shop while Almira n' Mina were in the changing rooms... and, uh, that thing you didn't want Almira to try might have happened..." She wanted to have talked in Mina's place, to be honest, but it was too late in hindsight.

Edited by Xinnidy

MIsea shrugged a bit, trying to calm themselves down. "Pay it no mind. It... Simply amuses me, how little you all know of us, yet claim to believe. Yet here I am knowing how your biology functions. I suppose texts on how vampires work are in short supply?" Perhaps too cutting, but it had been said. "Nothing going to be ruined over a bite. Yes, she mentioned that, wonderful little Almira bit Mina a bit earlier, and I finished tasting her not an hour ago. Does she seem ruined to you?" Misea shook their head. "If you wish to know more, ask. If that's your say on the money, for now... Almira!"

"Mnnnn, was an accident... Don't be meeeeeean..."

"You're going to get some rest. Don't drink so much next time." Misea stepped off their seat, heading towards the princess, and picking her up. Almira squirmed just a bit, but that wasn't about to stop Misea.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Dunno about that... All I know is you guys can do scary stuff with it. Makin' servants, stuff like that... sorry if I'm a bit wary thanks to that." It was all too dangerous, still. "But... y-you, wait. Almira--" Ooooh so that was a bite, Alex was shocked sober, looking at the innocent-looking girl again. "I, whuh, I..." Almira did that? Really?! "But, no way, that kinda stuff... I-if you say it's not that bad... but I heard only bad things, what." Oh, she was trying to make an effort to find it normal, but hearing that Almira had done it knocked the air out of Alex and then some. "I... I need a moment." She leaned onto the counter, staring at her glass.

"Make servants, what? What?" Misea was now confused, what was Alex going on about? What sort of horrible rumors did humans spread about them? "Goodness me... Look, come with me, we need to have a talk." Misea hauled Almira towards the stairs, ready to put her to sleep, while the girl whined just a bit.

"But Miseaaaaaaaa... One more driiiiiiink."

"No more drinks. You're sleeping."

"Booooooo..."

"Uh..." And somehow, that had turned into Misea acting alarmed. An emotion Alex definitely did not expect to bring out of the knight. "Did I say something..." Oh, beat it, she'd be better off following them and clearing all that up. Probably. "R-right, let's go, Almira. 'Nough of that for now, sorry..." She was kind of guilty for getting Almira into drinking like that.

"Ah geez, what a mess." At least she'd been able to sober some, out of scare if nothing else. Following Misea upstairs, she had to wonder what was so wrong with what she'd said. It's not like I haven't heard any stories, back at home...

Seph had left Almira and Alex after a drink or two, deciding instead to head out into town, rather than stay and get drunk. The two of them seemed to be having a good time anyways, and he didn't want to intrude too hard. Besides, he had a new companion to find some things about. He'd asked Mikaela if he was interested in joining him, and the man had agreed. They wandered the town right now, having not set a real destination. "So, Mikaela, any idea where we should head? There was a clothing shop I was in earlier, if you wanted a new outfit. Or uh... I think I spotted a weapons shop? Uh... I think there was a butcher shop and some sort of trinket shop? Plus there's always the church. Though not exactly my choice that one. I'd like to go some place we can talk, get to know each other a bit? You know, new partners in travel and all."

Having had the same thought as Seph, Mikaela was grateful in the fact that the other brought up shopping before he did.  To be honest he wasn't quite keen on the idea of getting drunk, and spending time with his companions was already something he had planned after joining their entourage.  "Why don't we check the trinkets?  In all honesty I have my weapon, clothes are trivial a matter for me at the moment, and the church....well, enough about that," he said with a chuckle as he looked over at Seph.  

"Although, window shopping is all fine and dandy for me as well.  We can spend this time with you asking your curious questions and me answering them," he added while giving him a charming smile.

"Trinkets seem like a worthwhile goal. Never know what you might find there!" Now that they had a destination, Seph set out with more direction instead of just wandering. He blushed slightly at the slight ribbing about the questions, and he nodded. "Well, you know, not every day you meet someone who willingly jumps into a group with... the sort of people we have in ours. And heck, not even willingly, almost excitedly. I guess I just want to know more about your life. What brought you to this town, what made you want to join up even after Misea was frank with you..." He shrugged. "I suppose you're just interesting to me with the decisions you make. That's all."

Glendwr finished his food, but then saw that Mikaela and Seph were both walking out the door. He decided it was time to head out again. He quickly got up from the stool and tried to catch up with them. "Hey, wait for me!" He ran to catch up with them. " Sorry, I was eating, otherwise I would've asked to come along. I think my talks with you two have gotten off on the wrong foot. I hardly know anyone in our group, and the one "normal" person I talked to out of us made a beeline for the horizon only a few hours ago. To say I need to start over is valid, if not an understatement. " Patiently awaiting the two men to either accept or reject him, Glendwr walked alongside them.

It was...refreshing, to say the least, having someone like Seph in this little group of misfits.  Yes, the vampires were interesting and exciting, but someone like Seph always had that charm that Mikaela would take a liking to.  

"My my, all these questions!  You're lucky you're cute dear, or I would've found them annoying," he offers with a laugh, before silencing himself as someone else entered the fray.  Ah, it was Glen, and offering an apology....of sorts.  Nope, that wasn't an apology.  Hoo boy, what to do with this lad.  "Right..." he emphasized the "t" at the end, before looking over at Seph.  "What say you Seph?  Shall we let our comrade join us?" he asked, letting the other decide since he was the one that had offered to take him shopping.

Well that was... "Uh..." What response was he even supposed to give to that? Thankfully(?), he was able to avoid responding to the cute comment by focusing on Glen, especially once Mikaela pushed the question of if Glen should join them or not onto him. That sort of intro wasn't especially warming, but Seph couldn't deny the man a second chance. Though he also couldn't deny some joking. "Well now, you and I have talked, so are you saying I'm not normal? Very rude, you know." He paused a moment for dramatic effect before winking. "Naw, it's ok, you can join us I suppose. We don't have much of a goal in mind, mostly just wandering. We figured we'd stop by the trinket shop. Seemed as good a target as any."

Glendwr rubbed the back of his neck while Seph had been talking. He knew it was a joke, but thinking further, he knew he had been rude to Mikaela. "Yeah, sorry about my lack of manners. I really should mind my words. Anyway, sounds good. I'm always ready to scour through a curio, though admittedly this is probably one of the few times I've had both the money and the time to, recently. Who knows, maybe we'll find something like Mina did. It certainly would be interesting if we did. But if we don't, at least it isn't for a lack of looking. Lead the way, Sephtis." Glendwr felt more eager about this trip into town than he was about the last one.

He couldn't help but be amused at the other's reaction to his compliment, chuckling lightly before waiting for his decision of whether Glen should join them.  After joking and agreeing to giving the man a second chance, Mikaela listened before rubbing his chin in contemplation.  "It would be nice to find something useful, maybe we'll get lucky hm?" he offered with a smile as he continued to walk alongside Seph.  Hm hm, maybe he could continue teasing the young man? Although, given the other's reaction he probably wouldn't find it funny like he did...

There wasn't really anything to add to Glen's comments. He seemed to have an understanding of the situation and any more pushing would just be kicking him when he was down. Focusing instead on their destination, he pointed it out ahead. "Right there, where I remembered it. Lets go." The three men all entered into the shop, a crowded but cheery shop. Bright colors, cute baubles, and a lovely scent in the air. "Hmm, is that lavender? Quite nice. Well there's certainly plenty to look at around here." He split off, letting the others follow as they wanted, heading towards a collection of what looked like potions and similar items. Perhaps there would be something useful there.

Glendwr looked around for a short time, finding nothing particularly out there until he found a bottle with something glowing eerily red inside of it. It was held in a glass case labelled "Energy Drop", and had a price of 1000 gold. "Hmm. I wonder what that is, and if it even does anything. Better find someone who works here." Glendwr turned around and saw a woman slightly younger than him in front of him. "Oh, pardon me, I was just looking at this bottle on display. Is there someone I can talk to about this 'Energy Drop' ? " He had to be absolutely sure the item was worth his time, else it wouldn't even be considered for purchase, not that he even had that kind of money, anyway.

"Oh, customers!" The pleased little shopkeep smiled as they all walked in, waving gently. I wonder what they're here for? No one really stops by anymore... Not that keeping it in shape was very expensive, but, it was nice to sell things! The spooky looking one seemed interested in her most expensive piece, most people were... They weren't pleased about the price, but she couldn't sell it for any less! "Hi, that'd be me. I'm Sharena! And this is all my stuff... The drop, right? It's a tiny little potion that'll energize your entire body! Permanently. If anyone of you can do magic, you can verify it for yourself. A lot of people don't really believe me, so it helps to point that out. Definitely enchanted~ It's, uh... Well, it's expensive, though. You should probably look around at some other stuff before settling on it."

So far there was nothing that appealed to his eye, Mikaela straying from Seph to inspect the wears himself.  As a merchant he had a keen eye of things, and apparently Glen had some interest in the only thing worthwhile in this shop.  Hm, that could be useful for the journey up ahead, so maybe...

"Excuse me miss, are you sure we can't lower the price just a bit?" he suddenly piped up from behind Glen, smiling brightly at the girl as he started to rummage through his pockets.  Ah, there it was!  Carefully pulling it out, he presented the girl with a gem, a deep ruby color that fit snug in his palm.  "Or, how about a trade?  This lovely gem for the drop and a vulnerary.  Should be equal in price, hm?" he offered, still smiling pleasantly at her as he provided the deal.  True he was obstructing Glen from his own purchase, but did he care?  No, not really.  If he had been just a bit nicer then maybe...

Glendwr was surprised when Mikaela took out the bright red stone to give to the shop owner. He must not be a poor one if he has something like that just lying around. He looked at Mikaela as he offered the stone. "It was just a passing interest, but by all means, if you have the ability to acquire it by yourself, go for it. I won't stop you." He then turned to the owner. " I'll not leave here empty handed, either. I would like a bottle of Pure Water. " This trip was at least somewhat productive. He got out the 200 gold to pay her for a bottle.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

It seemed like the other two had both found something that interested them, Mikaela pulling out a red gem to offer to pay for it. Walking over to the group of them, Seph glanced at the small bottle and raised an eyebrow. "Well, she's right, it's certainly enchanted. Some sort of strength enchantment it looks like? Should be handy for any of our physical fighters. Not so much for me, but I'm not the one buying it!" He grinned at Mike. "Good choice there." He wasn't overly interested in the item beyond confirming it was enchanted, so he went back to looking through the shop. Nothing too crazy, maybe a few small trinkets... Ah well, at least they found something useful here.

"Whoa!" Sharena was taken aback, this handsome man coming in and trying to pawn off something so magnificent... "Wow... That's... That, yeah. Uhm. S-Sure. Ahah." This was definitely not something that happened in Rolan... Ever. "You can... Yeah." She tried to collect herself, fetching the item and retreating behind the counter. A satchel of vulnerary was on the counter a moment later, and another bottle for the scruffy man. "Right. The drop, a vulnerary, and you wanted a bit of pure water. So... The gem, and two hundred gold. Thanks for stopping by, heheh." This much money would set her up for months!

"Splendid!" he piped up, still smiling as they made the exchange and took the satchel with the drop and the vulnerary.  He wasn't surprised by the girl's reaction; he doubted that anyone else has come by with such a stone before, so of course her surprise and shock were normal.  Thanking Seph for the appraisal of the item to confirm its authenticity, he made sure to keep it close to him for now until they went back to the inn.  When Glen commented on his purchase though he simply gave the man an arched brow before shrugging his shoulders.  

"Now just leaves the question on who gets it in the end to be honest."  This had been quite the investment, so hopefully he'd get something good out of this.

Glendwr took the bottle of Pure Water and put it into one of his coat pockets. Mikaela gave him a funny look, but he didn't mind. "Well, you can decide who gets it on the way back to the Half Calf, as soon as Sephtis is done." Sephtis didn't seem like he was finding anything, though, so Glendwr stood by the door, waiting on Sephtis to be finished so they could all return to the Half Calf.

"Huh, we're heading back already?" Seph glanced up at the other two from where he had been browsing. "Seems kind of silly to have come and gone walking only to head back right away. I mean, feel free to go back, but I plan to walk around for at least a little bit longer." He walked to where the two of them were standing near the door. "That should be yours though, Mikaela. You're the one who paid all that money for it, so you should use it." Looking around the shop, he gave a small stretch. "If you two plan to go back to the inn, let everyone know I'll be back eventually. It's too early to head back in for me though."