If all skills and equipment were inheritable, who would be the most broken unit?

Jotari

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Cordelia occasionally runs into this issue because I run Savage Blow on her.)

Getting hit by an opponent with Vantage is a problem with Savage Blow, not Desperation.

18 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

(It's worse than desperation in most circumstances,

Pretty much everyone that commonly runs Desperation has better combat performance with 1 HP than with full HP when running no other skills that rely on an HP threshold.

The only units that really favor Renewal for combat purposes are, as you mentioned, bulky units that like the sustain, but then you could just run Bold Fighter and Sol Katti with a stat refine to leverage just how much better Desperation is for sustain than having regenerating HP.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Getting hit by an opponent with Vantage is a problem with Savage Blow, not Desperation.

Pretty much everyone that commonly runs Desperation has better combat performance with 1 HP than with full HP when running no other skills that rely on an HP threshold.

The only units that really favor Renewal for combat purposes are, as you mentioned, bulky units that like the sustain, but then you could just run Bold Fighter and Sol Katti with a stat refine to leverage just how much better Desperation is for sustain than having regenerating HP.

I mean, it's more of a problem with misplays in general. (Even with SB you usually don't trigger Vantage until the third combat, meaning better positioning or combat order would usually fix it.) I do value having forgiveness built into a team, part of my many, many problems with armors. If you have perfect play armor emblem should defeat all the teams Combined-Arms or Flier/Horse emblem can beat, but if you mess up they're also the most fragile, because 1 move means you can't reset the fight ever. Once you start combat you're committed until one team is dead.

The better with 1 hp thing is mostly because no one bothers with Hardy Bearing. (And, to be fair, Hardy Bearing is pretty damn useless outside a defense team.) But it does also mean they'll never be able to win vs. a dragon they 3HKO. A full hp Cordelia can usually kill a Nowi or whatever by taking one enemy phase fight and then a player phase one, but only at full hp to begin with, whereas in a calculator it'll usually show that Cordelia just straight up loses, because she dies to the QR counter on player phase.

Barring Bold Fighter armors, renewal over desperation gets you the wins where you would 3 or 4HKO, but they 2HKO you back. (Armors are pretty much the main reason I run Savage Blow, incidentally. Cordelia might not be able to kill them at full hp, but -7 or -14, or, in the very extreme case, -21 usually puts them into 2HKO range. In a more relaxed run I'd just have an firesweeper or bow lyn chip them down, but sometimes it's easier to just teamwipe in one turn.)