The Manni Kati

Deity

Is it really that powerful? Do you guys/gals use it often?

I only found it useful for killing infantry, as it says if you press the R button on it. And, to be honest, I rarely used it, since I loved it so much. ^^

I don't usually have Lyn use it because she doesn't need to, but it's my trump card sword

Edited by CGV

I don't usually have Lyn use it because she doesn't need to, but it's my trump card sword

Same here. I usually have her with an Iron Sword, or if I'm trying to quickly raise her weapon levels after her promotion on non-ranked runs, two Short Bows and an Iron Blade. Although, if her Bow weapon level is high enough, I usually have her snipe the heck out of enemies with Killer Bows. Either way, the Mani Katti is only used in emergencies in my case.

Edited by Little Al

The rapier is mediocre at best, since the crit is nowhere near reliable and the damage is middling as opposed to the wolf biel and the manni katti. The manni katti is great for killing mounted units with capped speed and very powerful weapons. Like final chapter Uhai.

Let's just say that Mani Katti is the only weapon to keep Lyn alive

If that were true, my Lyn would have never survived... someone is getting strength screwed

Yeah, it sure is powerful, I only used it on bosses, I equipped the iron Sword or the steel sword.

Damn, I should've used it on Lyndis's story because it gets renewed on Eliwood's story.

I believe it comes back in Part 2 even if it does end up breaking in Part 1.

And I tend to not use it too often, because most the time, an Iron or Steel sword is enough to kill enemies in one round.

The only reason why your Lyn survived in most cases is through personal experience which I don't strongly go by this method. <_<

So where did your Lyn fail?

I agree with the train of thought that the Mani Kati makes Lyn a slightly below average unit pretty awesome. I'm rather liberal with it's use especially after a few play throughs you get a feel of how much you can use it, before Lyn becomes a viable fighter without it and you can repair it with the hammerene staff you get later in the game and since they arent very many high calibur rare weapons like it around it will often get one if not two uses of that staff.

Now only if they had put some of the awesomeness of the Mani Katti in the Sol Katti Lyn would have been not useless in the end of the game.