Husbando/Waifu mafia Day 3!

Shinori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhhh? @Cú Chulainn, I'm not sure what you're getting at about me. You say I'm nervous or something like that but I don't feel nervous at all. I'd say I feel pretty comfortable right now, and why I have reserved my thoughts about you is because I don't feel there's anything worthwhile to say! That is not to discredit your effort, I just think you're doing your own thing much like I'm doing mine and perhaps our ways of gaining information are not similar. If you feel you're having issue solving me the best you could so is ask me questions but this can be at your own leisure, and it certainly helps you're voting C.C!

I fell asleep.

##Vote: Nemu

Going to do this real quick because the stagnation in the game right now probably means that scum are comfortable with the state of the wagons. Reading now.

Hmm actually I'd like a votecount first but this vote is probably changing within the hour anyway.

Still up for C.C. like I said yesterday, still think their one post was completely devoid of any game solving.

Violet Evergarden(2): Olivier, Nemu
Ochako(3): C.C., Violet Evergarden, Kamina
C.C.(3): Marisa, Estelle, Cu Chulainn
Sham(1): Rain
Rain(1): Ochako
Nemu(3): Aizen, Sham, Refakitty³

Now these are some spicy wagons.

Yeahhhh, I disagree with you Refa. There are just many options being put forth because town hasn't zeroed in on someone, and without putting guesswork into gamestate I would say that catch-up mode is not indicative of every townie stumbling to put themselves out there. I'd say honestly that the gamestate is pretty healthy, hence there are divided opinions. C.C's post was scummy and will remain scummy to me regardless of the fact it was made in catch-up, and I'm mulling over what people said about Nemu too. It's a bit of downer that we have so much catchup but I'm still trying to sort out which of these catch-ups I like the most. Ochako's recent appearance still hasn't done anything for me but I guess something that could be asked if scum would feel more pressure to force content in an allotted time or they would preserve and hope that people keep making excuses for them? What's your take @Refakitty³

I mean, I can agree with your take. I'm just a little uncomfortable because like you said, a bunch of people have been in perpetual catchup mode and there doesn't seem to be any major pushes that have changed for a while. C.C. and Ochako have remained wagons, the first hasn't returned and the latter returned for some light shitposting and not much else (which I guess I'm kinda leaning very town on dgaf factor, but it's only a ~*feeling*~).

At the very least though, everyone on the the C.C. wagon is a townread of mine.

Okay I was a little too harsh on Ochako's returning posts, but I still didn't get anything out of them when reading again. @Ochako Uraraka What's your personal take on VE's alignment after your conclusions? Any reason why you chose to look at them? What do you think about C.C., since I think you agreed with Estelle's post about them?

1 minute ago, Kamina said:

Lol12hours

Kamina in. And still pretty far behind but also here to talk while he reads.

Hey, we haven't talked yet this game. What's up, where are you leaning right now? 

1 minute ago, Refakitty³ said:

Hey, we haven't talked yet this game. What's up, where are you leaning right now? 

Indeed we haven't! Allow me to introduce myself! The reputation of Team Dai-Gurren echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader, the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity...they're talking about me: The Mighty Kamina!

Now that that's been established, let me introduce you to my band of blood brothers: AKA the new Team Gurren: All Might, Sham, and Olivier. Cu's also on his way to recieving an invitation.

Estelle and Ochako, meanwhile, are what we'd call Beastmen. Even without being caught up though, I still don't feel great about being on a wagon earlier alongside the top two wagons. I literally just got to Violet's first post, so things are about to get interesting.

Marisa and Aizen are quickly becoming these revolving door reads where I'll get to the end of a page and scumread them, then get to the end of the next page and townread them. Overall I feel more confident in Aizen being town than Marisa.

Your time to shine, I guess, where are you at?

2 minutes ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

@Refakitty³ I'm currently working on a catchup, if you've got questions right now, you can ask them and I'll answer them in there or in real time.

Okay, let's do real-time because I have about half an hour rn.

Main reason I thought you looked kinda off is because I wasn't really feeling the direction of your pushes and couldn't mindmeld over what you were thinking at times. Could you explain why you were interested in voting either Sham or Ochako? What made VE's catchup less impressive than C.C's?

On 8/29/2018 at 11:52 AM, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

I'm most interested in voting between Sham/Ochaka atm. The former's case on the latter is partly correct, but nitpicky at times. I can agree with the former looking like trying to fit in, but the latter's reentrance about 12 hours ago of a defence +a single question for Aizen is pretty lackluster.

##Vote: Sham with the caveat that I'm expecting a better return of Ochaka next time and will probably end up hopping a bit here.

Like, for instance here, why vote Sham? I looked through your ISO and it seems like before this vote, you didn't really have any major concerns with her, and in your vote post your only concern is that they look nitpicky and trying to fit in - could you point out where they're doing that?

Also now I see what Estelle was talking about yesterday wrt people clearing C.C. just because she used quotes. :thinking:

On 8/29/2018 at 1:41 PM, Aizen said:

##Vote Nemu Kurotsuchi
I like to believe ms Nemu is aligned with the wolves this stance is one big contradiction because in this very post they're being hedgey while saying they dislike it. The questions they ask are very vanilla and them to just be trying to seem productive along with a bit of random shade throwing. A little bit of buddying with Oli while not explaining their own reads just saying 'I agree' I feel good this will flip wolf 

Also in agreement with this, something felt off to me about Nemu's first post and how they just responded to my post with "This is good", but I wasn't sure if it was just my paranoia acting up.

3 minutes ago, Refakitty³ said:

Okay, let's do real-time because I have about half an hour rn.

Main reason I thought you looked kinda off is because I wasn't really feeling the direction of your pushes and couldn't mindmeld over what you were thinking at times. Could you explain why you were interested in voting either Sham or Ochako? What made VE's catchup less impressive than C.C's?

Like, for instance here, why vote Sham? I looked through your ISO and it seems like before this vote, you didn't really have any major concerns with her, and in your vote post your only concern is that they look nitpicky and trying to fit in - could you point out where they're doing that?

Also now I see what Estelle was talking about yesterday wrt people clearing C.C. just because she used quotes. :thinking:

The thing with Sham/Ochako was that I agreed with most of Sham's stuff on Ochako (and therefore 'sheeped' the scumread) but didn't like the nitpicky part at all. This part btw is where they're saying Ochako is mostly talking to a townread. It's mentioned as a sort of big deal when I don't think it really means anything. It's the type of thing I can see scum dig up to support a case, rather than something a townie gets pinged by if you follow me.

Regarding Violet/C.C., my discussions with Estelle may have given the impression I think C.C.'s was reasonable which I don't think at all. However, C.C. pointing out specific lines she dislikes is better than the wishy washy crap Violet was giving in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Kamina said:

Indeed we haven't! Allow me to introduce myself! The reputation of Team Dai-Gurren echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader, the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity...they're talking about me: The Mighty Kamina!

Now that that's been established, let me introduce you to my band of blood brothers: AKA the new Team Gurren: All Might, Sham, and Olivier. Cu's also on his way to recieving an invitation.

Estelle and Ochako, meanwhile, are what we'd call Beastmen. Even without being caught up though, I still don't feel great about being on a wagon earlier alongside the top two wagons. I literally just got to Violet's first post, so things are about to get interesting.

Marisa and Aizen are quickly becoming these revolving door reads where I'll get to the end of a page and scumread them, then get to the end of the next page and townread them. Overall I feel more confident in Aizen being town than Marisa.

Your time to shine, I guess, where are you at?

I'm your friendly neighborhood waifu! Nice to meet you. :relieved:

I think C.C. and Nemu are both good picks for scum and they're where I'm leaning right now. Ochako is a weird read for me because I agree that their posts have been flimsy to me, but I've mislynched this player before when they were town and pulled the same thing there I'm wary because I think there's the possibility they're lost town. I'm also a bit wary of some of the other people on that wagon like C.C. and VE (although VE is more null to me.) I haven't really digested a read on you yet, which is kind of why I wanted to talk to you!

Is your Estelle beastman read an early holdover or did you take into account her recent posts as well? Those are what mainly led me off of her.

3 minutes ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

The thing with Sham/Ochako was that I agreed with most of Sham's stuff on Ochako (and therefore 'sheeped' the scumread) but didn't like the nitpicky part at all. This part btw is where they're saying Ochako is mostly talking to a townread. It's mentioned as a sort of big deal when I don't think it really means anything. It's the type of thing I can see scum dig up to support a case, rather than something a townie gets pinged by if you follow me.

Regarding Violet/C.C., my discussions with Estelle may have given the impression I think C.C.'s was reasonable which I don't think at all. However, C.C. pointing out specific lines she dislikes is better than the wishy washy crap Violet was giving in my opinion.

Okay, I can dig what you mean by being nitpicky, it's something I pick up on that scum players do sometimes. That said, do you not agree that perspective slips can happen: e.g. scum saying they have a mafia read on someone but then addressing them in the same breath like they think they're town? I've seen townies pick up on this type of stuff before. I have my own answer on what I think about this kind of hunting but I'd like yours.

Well, in a vacuum and all else being equal I'd say pointing out specific lines is slightly better for accountability and gives slight townpoints, but even then there's playstyle and in this specific case there's the issue that all the specific things C.C. pointed out were bunk; was there something you specifically liked that you thought could come from a town mindset in her catchup?

C. C.'s first post has a lot of shadey one-liners thrown about and it finishes with some reconsidering but the work seems half finished. Want to see more here (and yes there may be more past where I've read), especially want to hear what she thinks of my take on Ochako, which is a scumread for a different set of reasons. Speaking of Ochako, probably need to go back and look at her again since I also remember having a thought that she could be new/inexperienced town. 

Violet's catchup lines up a lot with my thoughts at this point in the thread. Want to see what she thinks of myself and Marisa, I think we both had enough at that point to get some sort of opinion on. Nemu's subsequent vote on Violet feels bad, Violet's post shows some effort to scumhunt in their catchup and I feel like you're just voting there because it's not this long wall with quotes and everything. Put differently, yes there's a summary but it's an analytical summary.

The Estelle read's a holdover, I'm on page 8 right now.

On 8/29/2018 at 4:43 PM, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

Some questions if you get back anyways.

Estelle has claimed to be  newer player. I think it makes sense for a newer player to be a little lost. How much value do you put in that?

From the top of my head, Estelle and Ochako are the leading wagons (correct me if I'm wrong) and your top suspects, do you think they could be w/w? If not, does a wagon analysis swing you either way?

Some good questions for me to ask myself probably, putting this here for self reference.

3 minutes ago, Refakitty³ said:

Okay, I can dig what you mean by being nitpicky, it's something I pick up on that scum players do sometimes. That said, do you not agree that perspective slips can happen: e.g. scum saying they have a mafia read on someone but then addressing them in the same breath like they think they're town? I've seen townies pick up on this type of stuff before. I have my own answer on what I think about this kind of hunting but I'd like yours.

Well, in a vacuum and all else being equal I'd say pointing out specific lines is slightly better for accountability and gives slight townpoints, but even then there's playstyle and in this specific case there's the issue that all the specific things C.C. pointed out were bunk; was there something you specifically liked that you thought could come from a town mindset in her catchup?

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, could you rephrase the question? I mean, yes, perspective slips can happen sometimes but I'm not sure why it's relevant here / what the question is.

I uh, thought I liked their Olivier/Sham stuff but actually no.

Estelle's vote on C. C. isn't especially bad, I can see @All Might entering the tunnel already at the bottom of page 8. You can't very well get upset about someone not solving and then accuse them of just trying to look good once they start making solvy posts.

20 hours ago, Aizen said:

You agree that the term is scummy is still a light shade throw. Along with you keeping your vote on the slot still implies a scumread so it was an outright contradiction my dear. Has that doctor got in your head again?

You're missing the point. You were giving this narrative where Estelle was being set-up as the mislynch, supported by my 'hop-on'. However, when she had 3 votes I was the first one on there who started expressing doubt (and later the first to unvote). The point is, that despite me scumreading them at one point this doesn't mesh with your narrative.

19 hours ago, Aizen said:

What did you want Sham to talk with you about? Scumreads? Townreads? Certain players? You know for a hero I assumed you'd be much more clear in your intent. Perhaps you're not as mighty as you first thought.

You do have a point that I forgot some of the game isn't posting.so the point about no one defending her is rather moot. But  I believe she has a certain...innoance to her. I don't see her with an agenda or most of her posts even on the scummy side like some people are claiming. Her posting seems fine to me you're right on bussing and groups of town being correct but it all depends on the chess board you're playing with. 

You just say a group of townies can be correct on one scum so why is it that Violet is scummy for the reaction of talking to players with interest? Can't she be apart of that group of town that is going for the lynch on scum? You may want to rethink your posting a little. Or perhaps vote Ms Nemu with me.

Lack of scumreads isn't suspicious some people just take more time to develop than others. Besides faking a scumread is much easier than faking a townread that makes sense as scum. I agree with Est that Nemu calling out Violet but not C2 is very strange because to me the posts almost look the same so jumping on one and not the other is...weird.

Coming from you that seemed to have a fire in your belly and resorting to...well this I have to say it's interesting to hear you say that given I think you fall in the same boat.

What is the point of this first question? Just scroll down and you see it. This and some other content of yours seems a bit filler-y. (Feel free to ask for examples if you disagree)

RE: paragraph 3, She isn't talking to them though, she's just sort of nodding along with concensus on them. I think that's a meaningful difference.

RE: paragraph 4, did you bother to read my reasoning/reply?

18 hours ago, Aizen said:

Can you give an update on your reads and perhaps your vote. We have plenty of content I don't believe we should have any 'placeholder' votes at this stage.

I dropped my placeholder vote a long time before you posted this? I was referring back to my Sham vote in between my two Violet votes. Updated reads will follow soon.

I do I haven't seen anything that has made me want to change my mind on her play. The other topics of a lynch today from what I can see are Sham Violet and C2. Violet and C2 I've already given statements on and Shams back and forth with me I enjoyed I'm not a fan of any of the 'popular' lynch choices right now. I can see one of C2/Violet being scum but I rather they get solved with actions or posting more.

My biggest gripe with your read on me is that I don't think you're even taking my later stuff into account. You just sort of latched onto me as scumread after my first stuff and with my later things (e.g. Violet) you're trying to get reads on the rest of the playerbase going from the assumption that I'm scum rather than analyzing my stuff. I think I'm one of the people you're engaging with/commenting on the least which seams off considering your confidence. I have a history of OMGUS-ing and know I'm biased on this, but that alongside a lack of pushing elsewhere doesn't make me feel good about you at all.

If you want to see C.C./Violet get solved, why not pressure them/ask them questions? You don't have to vote them, but by ignoring them and pushing them off the lynch table you're giving them a sense of safety, making a hypothetical scum!them feel less pressured.

Cu Chulainn
Estelle
Kamina
Sham
Olivier
Marisa Kirisame
All Might
Ochako Uraraka
Violet Evergarden
C. C.
Rain Nijika
Shiki Ryougi
Refakitty³
Nemu Kurotsuchi

These are in order from the most interesting to most dull to me (Town to scum)

Weird you're putting Rain/Shiki/Refa under C.C. and Violet here imo, do you really think 0 posts is worse than 1 bad post or did you like their catchups? Your lack of scumreads on active players (besides me maybe) is also interesting.

18 hours ago, Sham said:

Nah, All Might's reason for suspecting me sucks. I wrote my big post while reading up on the thread - Estelle taking so long to come up with reads was bad, so I wrote about that, then when I got to her later posts I thought those were bad too. Overall I don't like the framing of Estelle's return post where she votes C.C., it reminds me of scum going "sorry I got off on the wrong foot with everybody, here is a mediocre case as a peace offering". She even admits her C.C. suspicion came late and I don't think her response to All Might's post there is good enough to drop pressure like he did there because what else was she really going to say as either alignment?? In any case, painting my progression on Estelle as me being CAUGHT IN A LIE is silly, the case is ultimately a gotcha game about my rhetoric and in no world is reasonable basis for actually calling somebody scummy. At this point the big musclehead is probably town though.

I like the confidence here.

17 hours ago, Sham said:

Also I'm just going to come out and say that I have no idea who Ochako is. (Olivier/All Might/Cu are really obvious and I caught Aizen and Nemu on wording slips but those could be a coincidence. Everybody else, no idea, though with fairly decent guess for C.C. but last time I was confident about a guess for that player it was somebody else, so.)

TBH I'm operating under the impression half the people in this game are off-siters I've never played with which makes the use of meta here even more awkward than it is in a normal anon game, so everybody talks about knowing who somebody is as part of their argument I kind of cringe.

You don't need wording slips to catch me, I'm easy!

16 hours ago, Sham said:

Okay! I don't know any hexes, by the way, I'm not good with that stuff!

I have a bad feeling about Nemu because she just feels so... nonchalant! She's yet to post an opinion or thought process I felt genuine conviction from. Switching back from Violet to me because Violet would be AFK is weird; I can see doing that if her vote on me held any weight but Nemu never really insinuated she was looking for anything from me, so there's no reason to keep a vote down on me as it's not making me feel pressured at all (I'm not scared of weak voteparks). In a way I wonder if she didn't want people to think she was fishy for voting the person who just went AFK.

Right now I'm "cemented as her secondary scumread" because of All Might's case but there's no push or anything said to me or about me beyond that. There wasn't any push on me or Ochako initially when she thought we were a good place to look for scum, just some offhand remarks about us. She loves to question people and talk but never has any passion about her actual reads! It's like she's just trying to look busy. I can understand with the Violet vote since I'm in the same boat there but I've been one of the more active posters, so no excuse.

I actually have some new thoughts on Estelle after re-reading page 10 but I wanna hear more of what you and Aizen have to say about her first.

I'm surprised you're not feeling conviction from my cases, since there is none. Some of you seem to think of townies as ultra-confident people who don't waffle and shit, but I'm not confident in my reads at the moment at all. If it makes you all happy I could fake confidence but that's not helping anyone.

16 hours ago, Aizen said:

I'd much rather vote C2 over Vio if people are set on those 2 but I, of course, want a Nemu lynch 

Elaborate on C.C. > Violet please

15 hours ago, Rain Nijika said:

Bolded is the story of my life, except for Mafia in general. Also, interesting stuff brought up.

Please tell me you are kidding.

All-Might seems wishy-washy but it's page 2 and RVS, so...

... What are you talking about? Awkward ass entrance, Aizen jumping to my defense...? Do you realize my only post was made at page 1 and I've been off this game for that long?

So, it's page 4 and there's a wagon at me for people whose reasons are pretty much "hey I'll sheep All Might's wagon, sounds fun!". That was an ok excuse during RVS phase. Not so much for page 3 and 4.

Ok I'll go eat something now.

I don't like this post, the defensiveness on the page 3/4 stuff looks bad.

15 hours ago, Refakitty³ said:

Hmm. Part of the reason I'm suspicious of this is that I think you're an experienced player pretending to be a new player, but I'll drop it without proof. Can you address my other questions? I'll be back in a few hours so I'll look at stuff more then.

Talk to me more about this. What made you think this?

14 hours ago, Violet Evergarden said:

Second letter from Sham here.

1. "Minor townreads", as you call them, existed because I can firmly state that I do not possess confirmed or strong town reads as of this moment. There are candidates and considerations that have been performing well (which were noted in the report), but when a day has only just begun and I had only been amongst them for a mere hour or two, one can only be reassured to a certain extent. I see them more as "I am more willing to not look at them in lieu of more pressing concerns" currently and less so as "I would allow you to guard my back as I guard yours" in terms of the state of the situation. I do not fully trust what has not been proven to me as being my ally, especially when I have sparsely interacted with them.

2. I do not detect or offer support on a presence based on popularity. If they warrant my concerns, then they will get it. I go where my instincts (and orders, but only from the Major himself) lead me, and where I smell dirt I'm bound to find wolves close by.

3. My initial report already outlined why I held my concerns where they were. However, to reiterate:

Ochako has offered little (if any) actual intel from their side towards the entire situation (game). I will pull up their profile and further elaborate.

A. This notion on Cu ends up with ???? read.

B. Turns into a townlead notion of Cu for ???? reason.

C. Null on Aizen/All Might conversations, townlean on Cu (again).

D. Fluffed post that basically offers up "wanting to play more passively" as justification for having done nothing really before this post? Self-meta habits are also unbecoming and do no good in the instance of an anonymous profile.

E. Question sounds mildly contrived and pressured by the rest of the squad asking for contributions and intel. Feels forced and unnatural contribution, without much drive and self-interest to pursue more intel that would assist the squad.

All of the small drabbles of commentary put forth by the slot between the highlighted notes did nothing but fill up the file with nonsense. The Major would have addressed this issue immediately and consequences handed out for such a display of wasted breath unfit for a soldier to perform.

Profile on Estelle

A. Though it results in 3 townleans, there is consideration and thoughts concerning Aizen/Olivier/Sham's actions. Also not necessarily a bad thing either, and considering newer initiate status of the squadron, not something unlike what you'd expect to report.

B. More considerations, which is good. But it does feel muddled and slightly fluffed more than necessary. Also seems to be more focused on the townleans, which makes the topic of wolf hunting and actually hunting them questionable thus far in the report (Which is something noted by other squad members shortly after.)

C. Seeks out inquiries with Nemu and C.C., and a vote follows on C.C. Is also oddly aware of any awkward timing that results in making this report, which adds an odd sense of self-awareness to the action. Uncertain if it comes off as self-consciousness with their own actions?

D. Consideration with C.C's post was made, but the comments wrt. Nemu feel oddly fence-sitting. One of the latter comments make it seem like, for it being the "scummiest" item to have witnessed, it still doesn't actually make the person in question (Nemu) scum? Hesitance to commit to a read, or does this come from the initiate's lack of experience of pursuing concerns more? I am not sure which applies more, given the situation.

E. Does her best to elaborate on reads/concerns, and then vote swaps to C.C. This is done after some interactions with Nemu, which pushes C.C. back ahead of Nemu in priority. Concerns can be followed.

The rest of the report is more elaboration regarding the situation of C.C/myself of who is/isn't worse and why. 

End result: Estelle has done more. Coupled with the fact that Estelle is the one noted as being more inexperienced performer, the lack of intel, contribution, and overall quality coming from Ochako's actions have pushed them to a higher priority. With the later posts from Estelle, I'm willing to push Ochako a good bit more ahead of Estelle, because of what they are actually bringing to the table.

This is why I voted Ochako- even in the earlier stages of contribution/notes in their files, Estelle has done and given more than Ochako ever has. There is also more distracting pieces of paper coming out Ochako's file that do nothing but fill it up uselessly. This is distracting and disorienting to sort through, and does little to offer the Major and the rest of us anything to work with.

I think Sham's probem with your minor townreads (coorect me if I'm wrong, Sham) wasn't that they weren't big, but rather that there were too many.

I quite like the Ochako > Estelle thing, but I'm wondering whether you're still scumreading Estelle (It looks like you're not)

8 hours ago, Cú Chulainn said:

@Olivier there IS an ITP in this game so if you have anything you think is interesting to note don't be afraid to get it out there cuz once we're finished with the maf we still got that to deal with, provided they don't die first.

I like you're showing the balls to discuss ITP hunting.

Reads coming in next post.

1 minute ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

I'm not really sure what you're getting at, could you rephrase the question? I mean, yes, perspective slips can happen sometimes but I'm not sure why it's relevant here / what the question is.

Sorry, that was badly worded. When I tried to parse what you said about Sham, it looked like you were saying you thought she was scummy because Sham was basically using "perspective slip" logic wrt Ochako, so I was wondering if there was a reason you found that scummy instead of just a townie using the same logic.

Ftr I still need to actually look at Sham.

2 minutes ago, Refakitty³ said:

Sorry, that was badly worded. When I tried to parse what you said about Sham, it looked like you were saying you thought she was scummy because Sham was basically using "perspective slip" logic wrt Ochako, so I was wondering if there was a reason you found that scummy instead of just a townie using the same logic.

Ftr I still need to actually look at Sham.

Oh, no, I meant it was an accusation that's unlikely to come from a townie, but more of an inconsistency scum tries to push, similar to a gotcha case.