Husbando/Waifu mafia Day 3!

Shinori

@EstelleI couldn't find in your ISO where you said you were a newer player, could you point it out since I'm not at my laptop and can't use Makaze's ISO script right now? If you're indeed a newer player, why did you talk as if you could guess several player identities in this game and also talk about preferring subbing into games over starting from the beginning? The way you said those sounded like someone who has read/played a number of NOC games in the past.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Refakitty³ said:

@EstelleI couldn't find in your ISO where you said you were a newer player, could you point it out since I'm not at my laptop and can't use Makaze's ISO script right now? If you're indeed a newer player, why did you talk as if you could guess several player identities in this game and also talk about preferring subbing into games over starting from the beginning? The way you said those sounded like someone who has read/played a number of NOC games in the past.

I never said it outright, I said in one place that Marisa felt like she was trying to push newbtown into making a slip. A lot of other players implied from that that I am new to this. 

I suppose it wouldn't be giving away too much about myself to say that I have played one complete mafia game and been a sub for a few others. I have some experience with mafia, but not much.

1 minute ago, Estelle said:

I never said it outright, I said in one place that Marisa felt like she was trying to push newbtown into making a slip. A lot of other players implied from that that I am new to this. 

I suppose it wouldn't be giving away too much about myself to say that I have played one complete mafia game and been a sub for a few others. I have some experience with mafia, but not much.

Hmm. Part of the reason I'm suspicious of this is that I think you're an experienced player pretending to be a new player, but I'll drop it without proof. Can you address my other questions? I'll be back in a few hours so I'll look at stuff more then.

Ready to drop Estelle as a suspect at this point.

1 minute ago, Refakitty³ said:

I think you're an experienced player pretending to be a new player

You know, out of all the anon games in the military database, I don't think a single one has actually had this happen.

I think Estelle is pretty clearly somebody who's been in a few games but doesn't yet fully understand how Mafia works and is looking for the wrong things. When I re-read her post at the end of page 10, it just made me lose interest in pushing her because it seems like the sort of insane reason to suspect somebody only newbtown can come up with. Which makes her earlier posts more understandable if true.

1 minute ago, Sham said:

Ready to drop Estelle as a suspect at this point.

You know, out of all the anon games in the military database, I don't think a single one has actually had this happen.

I think Estelle is pretty clearly somebody who's been in a few games but doesn't yet fully understand how Mafia works and is looking for the wrong things. When I re-read her post at the end of page 10, it just made me lose interest in pushing her because it seems like the sort of insane reason to suspect somebody only newbtown can come up with. Which makes her earlier posts more understandable if true.

Ehhh. I guess I'll keep this in mind when I come back, but I've seen insane reasons cut both ways. I should actually leave the thread now.

Allow me to clarify that I don't have much of a read on Ochaku. They haven't posted since about when RVS ended. I feel like Sham's push against them was grasping at straws but that to me felt more like town trying to get things started but not having much to go off of than scum setting up a mislynch. IMO scum is more likely to wait to jump into the action, not create an issue where there isn't really one and draw attention to themselves. That's why I described Sham at that time as being bold, but not really having a case I could get behind. 

I honestly feel like there isn't much to go off of for Ochaku. That's why I don't have a read on them, if you'll notice the players I have reads on have all made posts that caught my attention whereas Ochaku never really left an impression on me. Sham's defense of her Ochaku read did however. I wouldn't recommend an Ochaku lynch at this point simply because their content just doesn't feel as outrageous as a lot of players are making it out to be. Seems like an easy lynch for scum to get onboard with, I'd have to hear more from Ochaku before fully supporting it myself.

A word on All Might: I'm pretty sure I've played with him before and he tends to have anti-town characteristics. That doesn't make him scum, that just makes him a little annoying in certain circumstances. I wouldn't say his recent behavior makes him scum or town, it just makes him very hard to read. If he were any other player though I would definitely lynch him over the way he's behaved so far.

COMING UP NEXT a response to Refakitty and a discussion on how Violet's recent contributions effect my read on her. 

Second letter from Sham here.

1. "Minor townreads", as you call them, existed because I can firmly state that I do not possess confirmed or strong town reads as of this moment. There are candidates and considerations that have been performing well (which were noted in the report), but when a day has only just begun and I had only been amongst them for a mere hour or two, one can only be reassured to a certain extent. I see them more as "I am more willing to not look at them in lieu of more pressing concerns" currently and less so as "I would allow you to guard my back as I guard yours" in terms of the state of the situation. I do not fully trust what has not been proven to me as being my ally, especially when I have sparsely interacted with them.

2. I do not detect or offer support on a presence based on popularity. If they warrant my concerns, then they will get it. I go where my instincts (and orders, but only from the Major himself) lead me, and where I smell dirt I'm bound to find wolves close by.

3. My initial report already outlined why I held my concerns where they were. However, to reiterate:

Ochako has offered little (if any) actual intel from their side towards the entire situation (game). I will pull up their profile and further elaborate.

A. This notion on Cu ends up with ???? read.

B. Turns into a townlead notion of Cu for ???? reason.

C. Null on Aizen/All Might conversations, townlean on Cu (again).

D. Fluffed post that basically offers up "wanting to play more passively" as justification for having done nothing really before this post? Self-meta habits are also unbecoming and do no good in the instance of an anonymous profile.

E. Question sounds mildly contrived and pressured by the rest of the squad asking for contributions and intel. Feels forced and unnatural contribution, without much drive and self-interest to pursue more intel that would assist the squad.

All of the small drabbles of commentary put forth by the slot between the highlighted notes did nothing but fill up the file with nonsense. The Major would have addressed this issue immediately and consequences handed out for such a display of wasted breath unfit for a soldier to perform.

Profile on Estelle

A. Though it results in 3 townleans, there is consideration and thoughts concerning Aizen/Olivier/Sham's actions. Also not necessarily a bad thing either, and considering newer initiate status of the squadron, not something unlike what you'd expect to report.

B. More considerations, which is good. But it does feel muddled and slightly fluffed more than necessary. Also seems to be more focused on the townleans, which makes the topic of wolf hunting and actually hunting them questionable thus far in the report (Which is something noted by other squad members shortly after.)

C. Seeks out inquiries with Nemu and C.C., and a vote follows on C.C. Is also oddly aware of any awkward timing that results in making this report, which adds an odd sense of self-awareness to the action. Uncertain if it comes off as self-consciousness with their own actions?

D. Consideration with C.C's post was made, but the comments wrt. Nemu feel oddly fence-sitting. One of the latter comments make it seem like, for it being the "scummiest" item to have witnessed, it still doesn't actually make the person in question (Nemu) scum? Hesitance to commit to a read, or does this come from the initiate's lack of experience of pursuing concerns more? I am not sure which applies more, given the situation.

E. Does her best to elaborate on reads/concerns, and then vote swaps to C.C. This is done after some interactions with Nemu, which pushes C.C. back ahead of Nemu in priority. Concerns can be followed.

The rest of the report is more elaboration regarding the situation of C.C/myself of who is/isn't worse and why. 

End result: Estelle has done more. Coupled with the fact that Estelle is the one noted as being more inexperienced performer, the lack of intel, contribution, and overall quality coming from Ochako's actions have pushed them to a higher priority. With the later posts from Estelle, I'm willing to push Ochako a good bit more ahead of Estelle, because of what they are actually bringing to the table.

This is why I voted Ochako- even in the earlier stages of contribution/notes in their files, Estelle has done and given more than Ochako ever has. There is also more distracting pieces of paper coming out Ochako's file that do nothing but fill it up uselessly. This is distracting and disorienting to sort through, and does little to offer the Major and the rest of us anything to work with.

I will need to take a small break for some refreshments and visual rest. The assignment seems to have taken more out of me than I initially expected. I hope the Major won't be disappointed in me...

I will remain in the vicinity, but responses may become slower. Please remain patient with me if possible, as the life of a former soldier never truly leaves the battlefield.

2 hours ago, Refakitty³ said:

But actually I want to try something else first since I took a quick look at the people I was voting with.

This is why I thought you were targeting all of the other people on C2 after my first read. Sorry, I guess you only ended up talking about me.

Posting only one time isn't remotely alignment indicative, @Estelle why is this your main issue with C.C.? Agree with C.C. wasting time on coming to inconclusive reads, but why should not having finished reading prevent people from making confident votes?

Because you don't have all the info yet. It just felt weird that she hadn't even read all of Ochaku's posts yet. I mean she did but how did she know Ochaku didn't post anything after that? She more or less sheeps a case she sees reading through (Sham's case) but doesn't bother to see if there was a rebuttal before voting. 

I think C.C's vote was bad but this reeks of overexplaining and the reasoning doesn't hold up anyway. Was anyone giving C2 a pass just because her vote used a quote?

People (mainly Nemu) were saying C2's logic was unique/complete while Violet's for the same vote was not. The main difference I saw between their votes is that C2 pointed to two particular instances that she felt proved her point about Ochaku while Violet more or less implied them. But the overall logic was pretty much the same, they both thought Ochaku was avoiding contributing.

As for "over-explaining" I was literally saying everything that came to my mind about how that play could be scummy because I promised a detailed analysis. There's still a very high chance that C2 isn't scum, I'm not really entirely convinced on her slot but she's scummier than the alternative (Violet) especially because people were reluctant to jump on her at the time. Out of curiosity, could you look at Sham's case on Ochaku and tell me if you thing she is guilty of "over-explaining"? I want to know what you mean by that because IMO there shouldn't be a real reason for town not to say what they think.

Note: not reading the thread isn't scummy either. I've looked at 2 partial ISOs so far and I've only skimmed the rest. It'll stay that way until I have some more time in a few hours.

##Vote: Estelle

@Violet Evergarden do you have any reads on current posters? We aren't getting anywhere on Ochaku until they post again. 

I know I promised some current poster reads. I'll need to consider which of these I'll go in-depth on as most of their recent content I've only glanced at, but:

Refakitty has a bunch of half-baked reads but they make sense coming from a player who has only read ISOs so far. I wouldn't say their actions are quite what I would consider scummy at this point.

All Might you've already heard just about everything I feel like saying about.

Aizen had a nice string of posts with a lot of content, I plan on re-reading them later to see if they help me get a better grasp on his alignment and that of those he mentions.

Sham is pretty good. I'll take another look at their stuff if I have the time. I like that they aren't putting all of their eggs in one basket. They started the Ochaku wagon, but they're pretty open-minded. If they're scum, they're doing a really good job.

Marisa I need to reread her content from an alignment perspective, so far I've mainly focused on what she thinks of me TBH.

Violet I've seen nothing from her so far to contradict the read we all got from her first post. I think she'll reveal more under questioning though. If the Major approves... 

On 8/29/2018 at 2:17 PM, C. C. said:

Combined with the above, this post feels like a serious cop-out to avoid analyzing what's actually happening. Why post this much if you aren't going to define anything of value from it? Even a feeling in your gut about something being out of the ordinary would be more townie content than this.

I gave my current thoughts on two players and a relevant game topic in the referenced post. Saying I defined absolutely nothing of value seems like a bit of an exageration fmpov.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:27 PM, Aizen said:

I think it was very towny because he could've picked it up and kept a push on me with barely any backlash for a free ml if he was scum. I think the reason he's calling me town is a bad reason but still correct none the less.

Inclined to agree with that anaylsis, and the same conclusion I came too (re: dropping push), good stuff.

8 hours ago, Refakitty³ said:

@Ochako Uraraka I have a guess for you who are, and in that case you should be more proactive rather than passive like I've seen you in previous games. Pick 3 "random" names from the playerlist and tell me what you think about them. I don't care if they're shitty or unoriginal thoughts, just put something out there so we can evaluate it.

Will do this after I catch up, as for everyone saying to start being more proactive; point taken. 

6 hours ago, Kamina said:

And what about people who don't talk to you? This "more passive spin" you talking about relies on other people talking to you, and you can't very well ignore anything going on in the game that isn't directly addressed at you. It's surprising that you've at this point found little to push. I do see you becoming more proactive pretty much right after that post, so should be good to see where you go with this.

the point taken from my last post probably applies here too, but yeah gotcha,

unrelated: methinks i got all my ping responses at the point so while i reread/analyze stuff feel free to ping me to talk to me

On 8/29/2018 at 3:18 PM, Violet Evergarden said:

Power surges have severed the lines of communication within the district for far longer than expected. Communication has been re-established, though at a far later date than the Major would have done. Where is he?

Situation analysis

1. It would seem as though Estelle has avoided revealing any actual intel regarding clarified reads on the rest of the personnel in the vicinity. This comes off fairly suspect, as it is a performance meant to distract and not contributing actual assistance to the cause (this has been brought to attention by several other participants as well).

2. Cu's willingness to potentially put themselves at risk in exchange for providing more intel on the enemy forces is admirable. The major would be impressed.

3. Sham's pressure being applied upon Ochako is a solid strategic move, but I believe more intel on the rest of the forces around us would help out as well, too. Still a very good asset.

4. Olivier has been a consistent source of intel and has been fueling the conversations at the table. Good support for the infantry. 

5. Ochako's performance within the squad has been less than adequate. For as much as she has spoken within the meeting, she has not actually offered any sort of meaningful intel that would suggest profiling of the rest of the members here. Creating more chaos and offering no information in exchange is something that will condemn our squad to the wolves if it is not contained. Will be marking as main highlight alongside Estelle- high profile target.

6. All Might's early performance was passable. However, his Sham vote seems to come out from the shadows unexpectedly without warning. What mission was to be completed by that exchange?

7. Aizen's contributions are fine- his personality is not. But the Major would not discredit his contributions, especially when Aizen's personality mirror's that of his brother's.

Other members not listed are unable to be analyzed due to a lack of data. I would seek them out in order to procure more accurate thoughts regarding their positions sooner than later.

As it stands, Ochako > Estelle. Ochako has outwardly performed worse than Estelle, but both parties are guilty of similar charges. Estelle's hesitation to partake in the conversations without direct prompting is something worth taking note of, as this could hinder future meetings and hunts for the wolves.

##Vote: Ochako

I have an assignment awaiting me that will require my attention. I will be gone from the early afternoon today to the early afternoon tomorrow. If there are any inquiries regarding this notion, please send a letter to the CH Postal Company with your concerns. I will respond accordingly when the time becomes available to do so.

Initial thoughts on this post was that the content seemed fine until I realized that litterally every piece of content here is an echo of something already been said by someone else? Hard to say if this stems from blatantly having no original content  to put out at this stage (sure sure hypocritical w/e) and depending on that it, uh may or may not be an issue, gonna follow and see if this is a reccuring trend. It is enough to annoy me regardless seeing as the ammount of effort they seemed to have done making a catch-up readlists. 

Sorry guys just have had time to phone skim today's posts so far. A couple hours away from geting back home still so I'll give my full thoughts on posts then. Just wanted to say though that I don't really understand the perspective that CC/Violet are poor choices cuz of low post quantity since they at least still posted at a time when there was more content to go off than when Ochako first posted, even if she made more posts. Violet and Ochako are posting again so maybe this isn't relevant anyways.