Husbando/Waifu mafia Day 3!

Shinori

Ya know, I couldn't really get as much of a read off it as I'd want to. I think it'd be hypocritical of me to say that her RP was offputting because I went through that phase with Aizen not too long ago, but that's basically what stopped me from giving an opinion. I'll let you do this dance and just wait to see how Violet responds to you

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did indeed claim, Cu, here it is isolated if you want to read it:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
33 minutes ago, Sham said:

I'm Sham, the cutest and most adorable idol in existence!

nSosQav.jpg

yxeGqw2.jpg

XUaGhS9.jpg

gN3opzB.png

Spoiler

No, I didn't claim, silly! I get a good feeling from you even though you don't like me, though. It's okay hopping on the wagon, three of the votes on me (Rain's, Refa's, All Might's) are jokes!

Votals:

Time left in day phase:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180831T18&p0=3704&msg=Day+phase+end&font=cursive&csz=1

Sham(6): Refakitty³, Rain, Nemu, All Might, Cu Chulainn (L-2!!!!)
Ochako(2): C.C., Violet Evergarden
Esteel(2): Olivier, All Might
Rain(2): Kamina, Ochako
Nemu(2): Aizen, Estelle
Violet Evergarden(1): Sham
C.C.(1): Marisa

With 15 people currently alive 8 votes are needed to hammer and end the phase early.  Hammer is not needed for day 1.

Please also remember to submit your secondary votes through your role pm.  Your secondary vote can be swapped as much as you want through out the day phase but when phase ends or hammer is met votes will be locked in.

If there are any errors in the above votals please let me know.

Edited by Shinori

11 minutes ago, Marisa Kirisame said:

Ya know, I couldn't really get as much of a read off it as I'd want to. I think it'd be hypocritical of me to say that her RP was offputting because I went through that phase with Aizen not too long ago, but that's basically what stopped me from giving an opinion. I'll let you do this dance and just wait to see how Violet responds to you

I'm fine with her RP, it's just that what she actually says behind it was uninspiring to me. I'm most interested in a response from her and Nemu at the moment.

##Unvote

mentioned earlier that I wasn't feeling this so much anymore. dunno I guess I feel like their self-awareness seems more townie in context than scummy? and I feel like they would have been significantly more OMGUSy towards votes against them as scum given that they critiqued some of the votes against them and since a lot of the votes were kinda the same.

##Vote: Violet Evergarden

feels a bit lame voting someone with just one post but there are several things I disliked here:

1) I agree with whoever contrasted their play to CC's play and pointed out how even in limited time, CC engaged with people, whereas Violet just dropped some reads kind of in a vacuum

2) I feel like the RP adds a lot of fluff to their post and that there isn't really much to their reads. their two scumreads are basically both just "didn't give scumreads".

3) feel like the bit about ochako "creating more chaos" is sort of buzzword-y non-RP fluff and also not really correct? how did ochako create chaos?

cu, your second link (this post) referred to the same RVS post that sham made. which post did you mean to refer to?

i guess i agree with mighty that sham's reasoning for dropping estelle is flimsy and doesn't make sense, but I don't see a ton of scum intent there unless they're buddies. currently not thinking that to be the case. i don't really get what he's going for with the whole scumread/no scumread thing tho.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:44 PM, Sham said:

Ochako, you're super cute! Have you considered becoming a trans-universal idol with me? I bet a hero idol would be super popular! It's weird, though... Even though you're adorable, I don't know if I can totally trust you!

Hey, but if All Might probably isn't scum, there's no need for him to be the player you're putting the most focus into questioning, right? Also, encouraging him to keep questioning you directs game state towards a path where time is spent pressuring you! A townie-aligned you would know you're town, so this only works towards vindicating you rather than catching scum. If there's anybody in these games who cares about looking good to the people pressuring them more than finding their own people to pressure, it's the bad guys!

##Unvote
##Vote: Ochako Uraraka

You're more interested in yourself than our win condition right now. Focus your energy externally and you can be a true hero and idol, like me!

this post

i don't know why it's not linking correctly.

It was a jokesy way of asking who else you think might be scum, because currently you only have one scumread and it's one I know is wrong, which is frustrating when IMO besides Marisa you're the most likely to be town. (Though that's half because I don't think you'd be voting me here as scum.) I didn't realize you were still reading, though, so carry on.

9 hours ago, Estelle said:

@Nemu Kurotsuchi You're very critical of Violet's recap. Do you have any thoughts on C2's similar post? IMO it seems to exhibit a few of the same issues.

It's not a spectacular recap either, but at the very least it discusses specific things people said and gives a thought process on it.  May be biased because it's similar in style to my own catchup, but the existence of a thought proces is the key difference imo. (Also, C.C.'s stopped at a certain point in the thread, so I was assuming a follow-up was coming at the time.)

Counterquestion, why do you think C.C.'s is worse?

7 hours ago, Estelle said:

This doesn't make C2 necessarily scum, she could have had something come up IRL that kept her from finishing her thoughts but I won't make any more excuses for her when she can do that herself. Nemu's reaction (or lack thereof) is the scummiest thing I've seen in this game so far, but it doesn't mean she's scum. She could have excuses too. 

After consideration I still want a C2 reply but Nemu feels weirder to me after this.

##Vote: Nemu

Even better, I have reasons!

3 hours ago, Sham said:

Nemu is pinging my radars a bit. I get the impression that regardless of her alignment she's trying to get a feel for the game right now, but she also seems... reserved in doing so. The quotestripe post she started off with was pretty directionless, for one. When she votes me because she wants to look into me/Ochako, it's creating a false dichotomy, and also surprising because she never really talked about me much or pressed me at all up until the vote. If anything, it seemed like she was more suspicious of Ochako initially. Expecting to hop around seems like she knows she's making a filler vote / just doesn't care much. Also confused by the :thumbsup: she gave to Aizen which seems to just admit she was posting questions only to appear productive????

Er, what do you mean false dichotomy? I guess you're saying I'm lining up a 1v1? In that case, I can see where you're coming from, but it's more like I have a minor scumread on you both, but you're unlikely to be scum/scum. Town/town is definitely possible.

The thumbsup was meant as me admitting that my questions weren't the pinnacle of scumhunting and I can see why some of my remarks are called shade when, well, that's what they are.

@All Might is starting to fall back to nullish, mostly because I can't see their thought process, could you explain to me:

- Your scumread on Ochako, what caused you to drop it and where you stand on them now.
- From what I can tell, you're scumreading Sham for hedging on Ochako, is that it? I presume there's something else, but I can't tell what.
- Thoughts on Violet and C.C.?

Also, back to this.

##Unvote

##Vote: Violet Evergarden

1 minute ago, Sham said:

It was a jokesy way of asking who else you think might be scum, because currently you only have one scumread and it's one I know is wrong, which is frustrating when IMO besides Marisa you're the most likely to be town. (Though that's half because I don't think you'd be voting me here as scum.) I didn't realize you were still reading, though, so carry on.

you're good my bro, I have a feeling my opinion on you is gonna change when I'm done, but I ran with the first thing I really saw. my thing was it seemed like you were really fishing for things that weren't there, but (at least as I am writing this part of this post) I haven't read like your big post yet so I'm kinda out-of-date.

I noticed other people disagree with sham's ochako case (at least the reasons for voting them) so that's cool. I don't really disagree with the read itself (tho I'm null on ochako myself so yea). I don't think her interactions with allmight were all that scummy tho; read to me like (as I'd stated before) one player not articulating well enough for another player to try articulating better by engaging with them. 

anyway I just watched regular show season 3 episode 28 on cartoon network (just kidding, it was on dailymotion). mordecai and rigby themselves came out of the screen and told me estelle's post about having a gutread on ochako for meta reasons was bad and I agree with them. they also told me that this

At least All might is loud so if he's town scum will most likely kill him on that base. 

is kind of weird to say, which I also agree with. you know sayin stuff like this is how scum gets ideas how they wanna organize their kill pattern. 

sham explaining her ochako read is ok. I don't agree with everything but the thought process here is better. (now I'm reading Aizen's post and realizing someone ALWAYS has said EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING like 3 pages ago and this has happened like 3 times so far I feel like I'm just reiterating a bunch of things people have said LOL.

quick tidbit but when people say stuff like "I think I know who this person is and makes me think they're town/scum" it doesn't mean much to me. it's cool to say that if it helps explain your thought process but 1. keep in mind it's prob not gonna mean much to anyone in anon 2. I'm pretty bad at reading players in anon even if they're "obvious" BUT also all I'm gonna really be seeing in the end either way is just that "trust me dude he's town I know him" stuff that as you all know (haha it's anon so not really but) I'm still salty about and prefer to ignore.

I'm going back to marisa, I don't remember why I really dropped her but I haven't townread her at all. she spends a lot of time defending not backing a scumread with a vote (which I do all the time so that part itself doesn't bother me) and criticizing olivier for suspecting her for it which is lame. you have to admit even if it's just your playstyle that there's gonna be at least one or two people here who are gonna call out the fact you talk a lot about scumreading a guy without voting him (also kinda read the one response to olivier as a potshot and that's also lame). "the bad guys haven't posted yet" could just be an excuse not to put effort into another case yet. MY DIFFICULTY with this though is what is the scum intent in being so uncooperative with olivier? and refusing to vote aizen despite being called out for it (and aizen apparently being their top scumread). WOULD scum do this? I wanted to vote her really bad and then I did a double take. 

would vote Estelle. more on that in a sec. I am having heart palpitations and need a break. sorry if this was a lot of words that didn't explain how I felt very clearly, but ATM still keeping my vote on sham, would vote Estelle and will get on that next time, I'm a little on the fence with ochako too but I wasn't as pressed about the way she interacted with allmight, allmight started strong but is starting to fall a little flat IMO, dunno if he's just busy but his posts have gotten shorter and he isn't as loud (if you're just busy bro sorry bro), aizen I'm not as pressed about either, everyone else in a moment.

5 hours ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

could you explain to me:

in brief terms, yeah. youre gonna have to wait 8 hours for anything more detailed and a couple hours after that for the death of a man.

Your scumread on Ochako, what caused you to drop it and where you stand on them now.

i never dropped it. they addressed my main gripe which is their level 3 thoughts but level 1 play. they said this was their weakest day for play, and i believe them. it's pretty prominent on this site, so i'm just keeping them in my back pocket while i sort others.

From what I can tell, you're scumreading Sham for hedging on Ochako, is that it?

i'm scumreading them for forced and unrealistic scumreads and a poor process behind them. they hedged on ochako and dropped their scumread for a poor reason, and then started attacking estelle for a lack of scumreads which at this point is just not true. estelle is obviously struggling to get into the game, but they have procured a couple scumreads like their c.c. vote case thing. i questioned them about it, they seemed pretty confident, and i liked the response i got a little bit. sham completely ignored that to go on and say that estelle has no scumreads. thats pretty hardcore not paying attention or blatant lying.

Thoughts on Violet and C.C.?

both their entrances were kinda meh, and the rp makes it unbearable. i'll go back later and check em out.

Also how you're feeling about people voting them whilst you're at it. Going for lhf or legit concerns?

? whar does this mean ?

I've got a lot of school to do today so I'll be back in full force later. If I may clarify a few things though , I think a few people (I just did a quick read I don't remember the exact players) are trying to make it out like I'm defending Violet? I'm not.Violet's post wasn't great, but I still feel like C2's was worse.  I just thought it was weird that Nemu didn't have an issue with that post until I brought it up later, but TBH I didn't have an issue with that post until it turned out there wasn't going to be a follow-up. Nemu has satisfied me mostly but I'm going to keep an eye on her.

I feel like if we heard more from Ochaku it would help clear up some things with Sham and the other Ochaku voters, but it's weird that she hasn't said anything in a bit. Could be unable to post, or could be scum waiting out a storm that seems to be passing.

As for why C2's post bothers me more than Violet's, Violet's post may have had borrowed logic but at least she seems to have read the entire thread and considered the other options. C2's Ochaku vote has pretty much the same logic, she says she feels like Ochaku should be contributing more and then votes her. Notice: it's as if she didn't even read the rest of the thread. Why is she so confident voting when she hasn't even caught up on reading? Should we really be giving C2 a pass for this vote just because her read has a quote in it? She spends a lot more time coming to inconclusive reads on Olivier than she does on explaining her vote.

The main issue here is that she's only posted one time. I'm going to leave my vote there for now but from here on out I'll be primarily looking at players who are contributing a lot more currently.

##Vote C. C.