Husbando/Waifu mafia Day 3!

Shinori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Olivier said:

i don't like that ochako had to be prodded into giving detailed thoughts, especially because the post indicated that they're pretty competent.

I can somewhat see and agree with this it mostly depends on the context. I'll wait for her answer on why she did this before I explain my own on why it can be towny/scummy. I don't want her to just agree with my own answer if I gave it now.

8 minutes ago, Olivier said:

i don't really like sham's reasoning for finding ochako suspicious though? i agree about the bit about them being passive and letting all might do the work but the bit about them being suspicious for offering to answer questions doesn't make sense. why wouldn't town want to be in the spotlight? it's scum that doesn't want to be in the spotlight.

I don't think it's as black and white as you're making out to be. Mafia is a delicious shade of gray. Some people want to be in the spotlight as scum some do as town. It really depends on the player and with the layer of anon we don't know (or most of us) who that player is. Using base tactics as scum don't want to be in the spotlight will get you fooled rather fast. Although it doesn't shock me that you're easily fooled.

10 minutes ago, Olivier said:

i don't really like sham's reasoning for finding ochako suspicious though? i agree about the bit about them being passive and letting all might do the work but the bit about them being suspicious for offering to answer questions doesn't make sense. why wouldn't town want to be in the spotlight? it's scum that doesn't want to be in the spotlight.

It's because her approach is "please keep talking to me so I can spend my effort on this game trying to stop you from voting me on Early Day 1 when it barely even matters, instead of trying to lynch mafia" at best and nothing but artificially trying to sound helpful at worst! It's not difficult to answer questions about RVS posts!

I don't like how Olivier handled his vote much, but I've already been posting a lot so I'm going to sleep on it. I'll get back to you tomorrow, Aizen!

1 hour ago, Kamina said:

Now let's talk about Marisa. I'm in this weird "want to townread her for some reason but can't" state.

Unvotes All Might in 44, says the vote's not as interesting but doesn't move to a "more interesting" place. Also says she doesn't think Might's untrustworthy (implying townread). Later explains her disagreements with Might but not why he's no longer an interesting vote, but she seems to find him interesting enough with her comments in 58 and 60.

I'm having difficulty getting an idea of where she stands on All Might and Aizen, like I have an idea what her reads are there but have trouble following the progression.

As a semi-related question @Marisa Kirisame All Might asked if you think there's a wolf in Rain/Aizen and you said there "could be" and that you leaned Aizen. Should I take this to mean that yes, you think Aizen's a wolf, or only that you think Aizen's more likely to be a wolf than Rain?

This game is moving at a blistering speed now (okay, maybe not blistering) so my read on Aizen needs more development. I think the biggest thing I take out of this game  in it's current state is that Mr. Mighty has eventually created it in a vacuum, maybe a black hole? Ahaha~

Lemme try to break this down and get on my reading glasses:
Kirisame.Marisa.full.1585883.jpg

So the game started off with an RVS on Sham, to which Rain was the last to vote the pile of RVS votes. Mr. Mighty didn't like this and Aizen jumped in and asked if it was serious. It seems Mighty had a kneejerk reaction to this and made a call about Aizen, to which Aizen replied in a very antagonistic way. I think that Mighty had some Mighty fine points about Aizen and the way he was behaving, which is what was so confusing to me when he said that he thought he was town. Aizen definitely seemed like he was playing more to his RP to an exaggerated state but then fell back on this behavior once called for it. Does a townie really feel the need to do that? I've been eyeing him much more and now he's defending Ochako, but I don't really know if she needs defending! It just feels like he's trying to gain favor and focusing on looking good, but it contradicts his RP so maybe he felt like he had tone it down for a minute? I don't scumread Rain but if Mr. Mighty was correct on that thought they don't feel aligned because Aizen sticking his neck out like that wouldn't make sense to me.

As far as Ochako, I think her behavior is pretty null. Sham's appearance like that is surface-level good but I'm also not reading it quite yet as anything because too much reading makes my head hurt anyways. Other than that, Kamina/Mighty each seem OK and I think Olivier's re-entrance is a bit daring (in a good way)! 

I sorta think the real true bad guys haven't posted yet. I want more people to give thoughts on Aizen. I know I'm not voting but I feel my intent is now clearly stated so sorry I'm lazy ~Ze

I wanna see how Olivier/Estelle plays out because they seemed so chummy early on, and then Estelle's reaction to people getting "serious" was head-tilty too. I think there's a lot to be gained there than Ochako

yeah, some people like to be in the spotlight as town/scum and others don't. so then sham's argument is that ochako is a player who wouldn't normally want to be in the spotlight as town, but their actions are putting them in that spotlight? so it's based on meta? it's confusing. sham's further explanation just seems like ascribing a lot of scum intent to something relatively minor but tbf it was a relatively minor point that they originally made that they've had to explain several times due to our questioning, which naturally makes it seem much stronger on their part than it maybe is. i'll drop the point for now.

marisa, you could have voted someone in less words than it took you to explain why you weren't voting, and it would also be more helpful to the town. I also am not really sure what your thoughts are on all might/aizen in the end. my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong) is that you think aizen did something weird/suspicious and are then also finding it weird/suspicious that all might didn't vote them? if that's so, then following that up with "actually i don't think any of the posters so far are scum" seems weird. it's also statistically pretty unlikely given that almost 2/3rds of the game has posted several times now. 

i'm at marisa/estelle > sham/ochako. not interested in any of the other active posters atm.

ALSO, SPEAKING OF DARING RE-ENTRANCES

1 minute ago, Olivier said:

marisa, you could have voted someone in less words than it took you to explain why you weren't voting, and it would also be more helpful to the town. I also am not really sure what your thoughts are on all might/aizen in the end. my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong) is that you think aizen did something weird/suspicious and are then also finding it weird/suspicious that all might didn't vote them? if that's so, then following that up with "actually i don't think any of the posters so far are scum" seems weird. it's also statistically pretty unlikely given that almost 2/3rds of the game has posted several times now.

Eh? Votes are just votes. People know I don't like Aizen, what's a vote gonna change? ~ka

If what you got out of that is me explaining why I'm not voting Aizen then you missed the point entirely, why so preemptive? If you are so hosh-posh you'd be more dignified in reading the context instead of assuming it was a wall to cover myself, but let it state that I look good naked and I'm not afraid of you anyways

I didn't say that all! I said the real true bad guys are lurking elsewhere but right now I've got a lead on Aizen. I may be no detective but maybe I should become one, I don't think that job is filled in Gensokyo ahaha~

1) without a vote you're just saying words and aren't committing to a lynch. makes it easier to take back reads.

2) voting establishes priorities. we had to spend time on this to establish for certain that aizen was your top suspicion, when I would have known that right off the bat if you'd voted him.

also, either aizen might be scum or the real true bad guys haven't posted yet. can't be both???

i gotta wonder at this point whether you wouldn't just have voted to blend in though.

Just now, Olivier said:

1) without a vote you're just saying words and aren't committing to a lynch. makes it easier to take back reads.

2) voting establishes priorities. we had to spend time on this to establish for certain that aizen was your top suspicion, when I would have known that right off the bat if you'd voted him.

also, either aizen might be scum or the real true bad guys haven't posted yet. can't be both???

i gotta wonder at this point whether you wouldn't just have voted to blend in though.

Ehhh? I don't know why you're talking down to me when you can't see that I plainly stated how I felt about Mr. Mighty about five times now.. You somehow got out of that I thought Mighty was weird,  but yet you don't see what I'm saying about Aizen? Glance over it again for me, or maybe talk about points you saw/didn't see

When did I say either? Ugh, I wish Reimu were here to help me out of this jam...

i got that you thought aizen was weird. i didn't get the depth or conviction of your suspicion on him given that you didn't vote him and also HAVE SAID TWICE that you think "the real true bad guys haven't posted yet". i'm assuming here that "real true bad guys" refers to scum???

you've also spent half your time saying that mighty is making good points and the other half saying that you don't understand why he dropped his aizen suspicion, so your read on mighty also feels unclear to me. is it suspicious that mighty was on the right track wrt aizen (or at least on a track you agreed with) and then suddenly dropped it? if not, why did you bring it up several times?

sorry if you feel I'm talking down to you but it feels like you're purposely avoiding being direct and then pretending like you're actually being super obvious? dunno maybe i'm just being obtuse and it's obvious to other people. but kamina also asked you to be more clear about your reads so I don't think I'm the only one not understanding you.

1 hour ago, Sham said:

Ochako, you're super cute! Have you considered becoming a trans-universal idol with me? I bet a hero idol would be super popular! It's weird, though... Even though you're adorable, I don't know if I can totally trust you!

Hey, but if All Might probably isn't scum, there's no need for him to be the player you're putting the most focus into questioning, right? Also, encouraging him to keep questioning you directs game state towards a path where time is spent pressuring you! A townie-aligned you would know you're town, so this only works towards vindicating you rather than catching scum. If there's anybody in these games who cares about looking good to the people pressuring them more than finding their own people to pressure, it's the bad guys!

##Unvote
##Vote: Ochako Uraraka

You're more interested in yourself than our win condition right now. Focus your energy externally and you can be a true hero and idol, like me!

First off thanks for calling me cute. Glad to see someone else here with solid taste. 

This one is gonna be fun, self metaing in a anon game, kappa. D1, (early d1 especially) is honestly a difficult portion of the game for me and is home to some of my weakest play/reads historically; at least imo. Which is why I said the content would come re:my convo with All Might. So yes, I decided to take a more passive spin on this game letting people talk to me, and hopefully getting a read on them that way; at least early on. Following this line of thought, All Might came to me and sparked interaction, so it makes sense I would follow up by questioning him and attaining that read. By attaining that read on people who talk to me, I ascertain alignments and henceforth catch the scum. There is more than one way to go about getting reads.

I see no issue with telling him he may continue speaking with me if he desires, I'm down for any and all conversation. Would you rather me say "ok move along dont talk to me anymore?" Saying to someone I'm still open to converse is something entirely different than trying to centralize the entire game discussion around me specifically. Though, I suppose I can see the point of view you are taking on that one so I won't fault you for it. 

But when I do find something I want to push on someone, I will, like I said before. 

Just now, Olivier said:

i got that you thought aizen was weird. i didn't get the depth or conviction of your suspicion on him given that you didn't vote him and also HAVE SAID TWICE that you think "the real true bad guys haven't posted yet". i'm assuming here that "real true bad guys" refers to scum???

you've also spent half your time saying that mighty is making good points and the other half saying that you don't understand why he dropped his aizen suspicion, so your read on mighty also feels unclear to me. is it suspicious that mighty was on the right track wrt aizen (or at least on a track you agreed with) and then suddenly dropped it? if not, why did you bring it up several times?

sorry if you feel I'm talking down to you but it feels like you're purposely avoiding being direct and then pretending like you're actually being super obvious? dunno maybe i'm just being obtuse and it's obvious to other people. but kamina also asked you to be more clear about your reads so I don't think I'm the only one not understanding you.

My conviction is in my words, but yes you are correct!

Mighty made good points, but then rescinded them and called Aizen v. I agreed with them and had my own interpretation about them which I've just written about. Please write this on your ravishing forehead that Marisa thinks Mighty is OK so next time you look in the mirror to admire yourself you are reminded of this stance. It was not suspicious to me, was it suspicious to you? I would've said something about it but instead all I said was that it confused me; it was just commentary

I think If I got any more direct I'd be right up close to you near your face and frankly you annoy me so sticks tongue out

Mighty town
Kamina lean town
Olivier (you) lean town
Cu lean town
Sham null
Estelle null
Ochako null
Rain null
Aizen lean scum

i didn't think that mighty dropping aizen was suspicious, but I also don't think aizen is suspicious. if i thought aizen was suspicious like you do, then yes, I would also find it suspicious that mighty dropped him, and would consider it a potential sign of scum/scum interactions. why don't you think it's suspicious? is it that you don't find scum intent in this action or is it that the rest of mighty's play outweighs it?

:weary:

annoying while leaning town, that's my MO.

1 minute ago, Olivier said:

i didn't think that mighty dropping aizen was suspicious, but I also don't think aizen is suspicious. if i thought aizen was suspicious like you do, then yes, I would also find it suspicious that mighty dropped him, and would consider it a potential sign of scum/scum interactions. why don't you think it's suspicious? is it that you don't find scum intent in this action or is it that the rest of mighty's play outweighs it?

:weary:

annoying while leaning town, that's my MO.

Eh? What do you like about Aizen? Let us discuss these accommodations mr. Hosh-Posh. Your angle about All Might is something I considered but yes I decided that his play/tone was far better in that regard

I wanna say All Might looks better than Aizen in their early exchange, though I wouldn't say I'm scumreading Aizen from it. All Might's thoughts on Aizen looked good, but one thing I was wondering about @All Might. You're saying Aizen/Rain likely isn't w/w (which I disagree with) and go for Rain, which puzzles me because I'd think your stuff on Aizen was stronger than what you had on Rain. Could you explain why you think Rain was worse?

4 hours ago, Kamina said:

A real man (or woman, Kamina doesn't discriminate) never dies, even when killed. I sure don't. I'm looking at the All Might/Aizen interaction now and dislike this post by Aizen

Namely the whole "if you think I'm a wolf you should be voting me" bit. Not sure if it's the whole holier-than-thou attitude or how seriously they seem to be taking everything. The latter feels opportunistic. @All Mightwhy's Aizen v in your opinion?

This is good

3 hours ago, Ochako Uraraka said:

Passive aggressive tone in this leans towards being town, given what the post pertains to, just off of initial readthrough. The actual content in the post "lol my role is scummy dw bout it" is probably more on the NAI side for now though. 

Dislike this. I agree with the first part (townpoints for Cu), but the latter part reads like an excuse to not give said townpoints.

3 hours ago, All Might said:

self awareness is an unbecoming trait

Weak potshot and also not really relevant in this case imo

3 hours ago, Estelle said:

Darn it... I was hoping we could meme for a bit longer before we had to get all serious...

Hate this, especially since her only follow up is this post, 1 hour later

2 hours ago, Estelle said:

I have a really bad feeling about Ochako but it's partially based off of me being pretty sure I know who they are out of game, so I don't think it's valid? I'll keep an eye on the slot and post a read if I can come up with one without that. 

Goodnight everyone!

@Estelle During this hour, were you trying to find reads or doing something else. If the former, where are the thoughts, if the latter, why did you feel the need to pop in?

##Vote:Estelle

2 hours ago, Sham said:

I think Ochako's deserving of my earlygame pressure right now. Like I said, her stances seem passive here and her biggest line of inquiry is versus somebody she thinks "probably isn't scum". I really don't like when she told All Might to feel free to keep questioning her, it's like she's putting the burden of productivity on other players and not her while trying to sound helpful without doing much.

"her biggest line of inquiry is versus somebody she thinks "probably isn't scum"" feels nitpicky, but the rest is good.

1 hour ago, Aizen said:

I would like others to give thoughts on this as well. For me it's something I do as town myself so I can see this coming from town and not how it's scummy. So if someone else chimed in it'd be much more helpful. Although if you all rather be useless that works.

I'm assuming you're talking about the asking for questions thing? For me that's something scum!me would definitely do, town!me might do.

It can be hard to find interesting stuff to talk about as scum, so sitting back and responding to questions is a lot easier. I can see it coming from town not wanting to be shaded for no reason, but lean scum on it.

1 hour ago, Olivier said:

townread on Estelle wasn't really much but even in RVS I prefer trying to stack votes than vote someone I'm leaning town. walking back the Estelle tr now; don't like how she just walked in, observed that RVS was over, and then didn't comment on much initially. when she did post, the Ochako bit is pretty wishy washy and meaningless.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Estelle

Fuck, I thought I was original. Townpoints for Olivier.

1 hour ago, Olivier said:

i'm at marisa/estelle > sham/ochako. not interested in any of the other active posters atm.

This is a decent list.

his initial questioning of mighty was fair given that mighty's post could have been interpreted as a joke or as serious, and the follow-up response being more antagonistic makes sense given that mighty had mixed rain/aizen up and wasn't making sense at that point. don't agree with mighty's reasoning for townreading him (tend to agree with ochako's assessment there that aizen's defence wasnt strong enough to be indicative) but a slight townlean for his later posts and general tone of questioning. also we both think estelle is suspicious.

what do you think about aizen's posts after that was cleared up? what's your opinion on his estelle vote? your case seems solely based on his reaction during that misunderstanding

Mmm dunno, but case sounds pretty hefty. A lot of that talk later just felt like posturing, but there was also a moment where he commented about three people suspecting him..but wasn't this his defense earlier with mr. Mighty pretty much the same? He resorted to lightly shading mighty saying he hadn't voted him, and while he wasn't I often find scum try to antagonize by pointing out seemingly anti-town behavior (e.g Mighty not voting him) than townies who'd want to understand before assuming.

i didn't see aizen as shading mighty so much as asking a question because what mighty was saying didn't make sense due to the mixup. i feel like being able to talk rationally about potentially getting voted for (whether referring to mighty or kamina or whoever) is generally a good look.

idk I'll look at it tomorrow. heads up, i'm gonna be pretty busy Wednesday/Thursday. i'll try to check in in the morning or afternoon but it might not happen until tomorrow evening, by which point there'll probably be like 20 pages. fun stuff

I'm incredibly not going to catch up tonight but I'll answer things directed @ me

4 hours ago, Ochako Uraraka said:

Im almost definately probably just being blind but can you quote the post that procced this >.>

here and here
I didn't realize they were joking I guess and I don't feel like going the "scum backpedaling" because this was really probably ED1 shenanigans I didn't pick up on

@Kamina I like aizen's response to allmight back when he accused him of scum using rp to their advantage or whatever. on another read although aizen comes off defensive I don't think it's unwarranted.

I won't change my vote yet because I haven't finished reading. I second that I have a gutread on Ochako too but that's just a feeling

5 hours ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

You're saying Aizen/Rain likely isn't w/w (which I disagree with) and go for Rain, which puzzles me because I'd think your stuff on Aizen was stronger than what you had on Rain. Could you explain why you think Rain was worse?

there's less info on rain