Husbando/Waifu mafia Day 3!

Shinori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, C. C. said:

Goodness, you were all busy while I was sleeping off a pizza-high. I really don't understand why some of you are trying so hard to churn out dozens, when you really don't need to. Leading the posts-per-capita out of the player list isn't "cruise control for town", as some might say, All Might.

Also, I'm slightly inconvenienced by somebody else having the acronym of C C, given that to you, my name should simple be C. C. If you refer to me versus Cu, and want to avoid causing unnecessary confusion, you can call me something else. I'm used to being given nicknames.

This post leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sure, it's very early on, but it feels like a backpedal that really never needed to be said.

This could honestly just be her saying whatever she's thinking as she goes along, but I think it's weird we never got a follow up to this. Is Olivier scummy or not? This is still from RVS IMO, I don't feel like there's anything to see from Olivier's post here.

I quoted this. but honestly cannot remember why. Let me look back again...

Ahh yes. This didn't seem as serious as you're implying you were.

Fair point I guess.

By this point in time, posts with this much...substance, really shouldn't be happening.

Once again, just a one-off criticism that doesn't really make an actual accusation. It's also worth noting that a few players have criticized my posts for lack of substance around this time, but she pretty much ignores me.

Something about this particular post reads as trying really hard to fit in, rather than being a natural attempt at creating humor; primarily, the vote line.

Fair point. Note that Nemu shares this logic. 

Combined with the above, this post feels like a serious cop-out to avoid analyzing what's actually happening. Why post this much if you aren't going to define anything of value from it? Even a feeling in your gut about something being out of the ordinary would be more townie content than this.

##Vote Ochako Uraraka

Note this is the same vote Violet made, except Violet had more and IMO better reasoning. Once again it's weird that Nemu ignored this post given their Violet logic.

This sentiment, I agree with. I was going to post this myself, but you did the work for me.

I agree with the sentiment here also, actually. We're still in the stage of the game where scum can make fake accusations against each other and back off in time for a mislynch.

I was actually all set to say that the Estelle vote was rather lame here, but then I reread, and realized that I'd be the one with the incorrect assessment. The bit on Sham is objectively incorrect though; if Town wants to be in the spotlight and Scum doesn't, then Scum is obviously going to want to be in the spotlight to appear more town. I don't see scum making this hard of a commitment to a thought-process...Perhaps there's more to you than I had originally thought.

OK so we didn't get an Olivier read out of C2 after all. Olivier replied to this post and C2 never replied back.

This doesn't make C2 necessarily scum, she could have had something come up IRL that kept her from finishing her thoughts but I won't make any more excuses for her when she can do that herself. Nemu's reaction (or lack thereof) is the scummiest thing I've seen in this game so far, but it doesn't mean she's scum. She could have excuses too. 

After consideration I still want a C2 reply but Nemu feels weirder to me after this.

##Vote: Nemu

21 minutes ago, Cú Chulainn said:

I'm confused; who is C2? if it's me I just got home from work & I'm doin a readthrough now. this game started at an unfortunate time for me and I'm aware I don't have a lot of content on the table atm.

C2 is C. C.

Wow, did I like stop everyone from talking? Weird. I guess I'll try to get some reads on other people tomorrow, starting with rereading Sham/Ochaku because that's where people seem to think the fun is. Goodnight everyone!

I'm back, everyone! And I've read Ochako's response! It's not... good, but it's re-assuring in that she has a specific thought process in how she's approaching the game, even if I wish it was more helpful. I don't think scum is likely to have a story prepared about how they planned to play this game in a way that gets people thinking they're lazy/scummy, so I'm going to give her a chance to start doing things. Please don't let me down, Ochako!

##Unvote

My issue with Olivier last night was that the townread on Estelle seemed realllllly arbitrary and going back on it to vote her when she was the easiest non-Ochako target bugged me at a glance, but I guess it makes sense if he's a player who gets townreads easily and it's also hardly relevant at this point. I've thought all his posts since then have been pretty fair (although come on, Marisa is super obvious adorable townie da ze~☆), so I'm OK dropping this pursuit for now.

Anyway, getting back to Aizen! @Aizen If you want my opinion on you, to be honest, you're a null read for me right now and I'm gonna be keeping an eye on you, personally. I think agreeing with Ochako was OK because I thought you were agreeing with her observations, which weren't what I found scummy about her. That said! I'd like to know how you feel about Estelle's actual actions now that she's actively posting? You never brought her up again after your initial vote there and "I don't believe Estelle is scummy with the way almost no one seems to be on her side" is a nonsense reason when not all of the game was actively posting at the time. Not to mention that sometimes a group of townies can just be right, and sometimes bussing can happen!

Nemu is pinging my radars a bit. I get the impression that regardless of her alignment she's trying to get a feel for the game right now, but she also seems... reserved in doing so. The quotestripe post she started off with was pretty directionless, for one. When she votes me because she wants to look into me/Ochako, it's creating a false dichotomy, and also surprising because she never really talked about me much or pressed me at all up until the vote. If anything, it seemed like she was more suspicious of Ochako initially. Expecting to hop around seems like she knows she's making a filler vote / just doesn't care much. Also confused by the :thumbsup: she gave to Aizen which seems to just admit she was posting questions only to appear productive????

But even with all that... I agree with her kneejerk reaction to Violet's post, like, 100%. Violet, that was an almost fishy-ly safe-seeming post! There's way more minor townreads than anything else and then her suspects are both players who were already people of interest at this point. When you get back, Violet, at least make it clearer why you prefer Ochako's lynch over Estelle's!

##Vote: Violet Evergarden

As for Estelle, I'm okay grilling her for her lack of scumreads and consider her a decent wagon. The text Marisa bolded bugged me, too. More recently, Estelle, why do you dismiss Nemu's suspicion of Violet's post? I don't think C.C.'s post was great or anything, but I thought Violet's looked padded with weak town-reads and seemed much more like it was trying to fit in with the current flow of the thread. I'm also finding myself confused by the switch to Nemu, confused why Estelle thinks Nemu finding Violet scummy is scummy, confused why Estelle needs to go into devil's advocate for Nemu when she votes her (obviously suspects aren't guaranteed scum until they flip! Mafia players know this!), and really I'm just confused by her all around.

There's still three flakey people who haven't posted real content! I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them was with the enemy, either. @Refakitty³ @Rain Nijika @Shiki Ryougi @Rapier (in case he's one of their players) Come play with us!

@All Might Hi, I'm here if you want to talk with me!

2 minutes ago, Sham said:

You never brought her up again after your initial vote there

Sorry, I meant that you never brought up your case on her again. (While she was still posting and you were posting too!)

4 minutes ago, Sham said:

@All Might Hi, I'm here if you want to talk with me!

Sorry, I meant that you never brought up your case on her again. (While she was still posting and you were posting too!)

explain your read on ochako and how their response shaped your view. 

everyone seems pretty reserved right now with either roleplaying or a lack of passion in the gamestate. why ostracize nemu specifically

estelle recently posted a scumread and vote on someone. that should consist as a scumread with is a contradiction to your no scumreads. have you been paying attention to their content

Mu... You're going to have to be more specific about what you want me to explain about my Ochako read. I thought I had been pretty clear, so I would just be repeating myself. In case you were skimming, though, the main point that made me want to unvote was her talking about how she specifically had a planned approach going into this game, which isn't an excuse I see scum come up with very often. Especially since said approach is an approach not generally regarded as townie-looking play!

I pointed out Nemu specifically because of what I said I didn't like about her posts/vote, silly!

People were grilling Estelle before she came up with a read and I agree her lackadaisical approach wasn't great. Obviously I know she has scumreads now since I addressed her scumreads in my post! Are you paying attention to my content?

Did you have something specific in mind to talk about when you @'d me? Everything you said is a response to my new post. In all honesty I'm put off by you going from being an early go-getter to taking more of a back seat in discussion. You did say you were busy, but you've yet to explain or capitalize on either of your one-liner votes and the impression I got from your questions to me is that you only skimmed my post. If you're a true hero then you should never be faltering!

21 minutes ago, Sham said:

It's not... good, but it's re-assuring in that she has a specific thought process in how she's approaching the game, even if I wish it was more helpful.

this is a hedgy read that i wanted fucking explained, not reiterated. what was bad about their thought process, and why did you just give up because they approached the game in a strict context. ive seen scum calculate and plan out their play beforehand, and ive seen town do it. most do actually unless they're lazy, reckless, or overconfident. having an approach to the game means nothing if the thoughts are bad, and i want you to explain why you gave that shit a pass.

5 minutes ago, Sham said:

You did say you were busy, but you've yet to explain or capitalize on either of your one-liner votes and the impression I got from your questions to me is that you only skimmed my post.

don't assume i did anything. assume you know nothing, and assume all bluffs are true. with that knowledge in mind, i have 2 days to capitilize on all the info i gathered. i dont need to push my designated lynch yet, nor do i need to create a more chaotic atmosphere as i did early on. this is the portion of the day where i wait and watch, but you'll know when i'm ready to move against the wolves. hit and run scumhunting is getting to be more appreciated and less understood as time goes on.

7 minutes ago, Sham said:

If you're a true hero then you should never be faltering!

do you really know what a true hero is? 

28 minutes ago, Sham said:

As for Estelle, I'm okay grilling her for her lack of scumreads and consider her a decent wagon

13 minutes ago, Sham said:

Obviously I know she has scumreads now since I addressed her scumreads in my post!

if you lie to me again i'm going to kill you.

1 minute ago, All Might said:

if you lie to me again i'm going to kill you.

30 minutes ago, Sham said:

confused why Estelle thinks Nemu finding Violet scummy

I hope you don't mean to insinuate I didn't know Estelle had later come up with scumreads when I made my post, seeing as it's right there in the text that I did. You know, I'm a tutor if you're having trouble reading! Though I'm not actually a reading tutor, I guess!

10 minutes ago, All Might said:

this is a hedgy read that i wanted fucking explained, not reiterated. what was bad about their thought process, and why did you just give up because they approached the game in a strict context. ive seen scum calculate and plan out their play beforehand, and ive seen town do it. most do actually unless they're lazy, reckless, or overconfident. having an approach to the game means nothing if the thoughts are bad, and i want you to explain why you gave that shit a pass.

I didn't say Ochako's thought process was bad. I said her post was bad, because she's still not really contributing anything to the game, but I think I see where she's coming from more, at least. That scum can plan these things too is probably why my read seems "hedgy" to you; her post is satisfying enough for now as I think her particular approach is less likely to be one scum would come up with but I still want to see where she goes from her before writing her off as an option outright. What is your own read on Ochako? Also if you think scum can calculate their play then what's up with your free pass for Cu? I don't really think Cu is scum myself as is and wouldn't endorse lynching him but his player is smart enough to try coming into the game like that as mafia.

11 minutes ago, All Might said:

don't assume i did anything. assume you know nothing, and assume all bluffs are true. with that knowledge in mind, i have 2 days to capitilize on all the info i gathered. i dont need to push my designated lynch yet, nor do i need to create a more chaotic atmosphere as i did early on. this is the portion of the day where i wait and watch, but you'll know when i'm ready to move against the wolves. hit and run scumhunting is getting to be more appreciated and less understood as time goes on.

This is some pretty insane power tripping and an overblown reaction to what I said. I'm asking you to work with me here if you're town. Are you scared of me? I promise I don't bite! Though I could probably get you blown up if our safety depended on it!

You people sure love hearing yourself talk. I have thoughts but do I want to give them? Can I charge people for my thoughts? I should be getting paid for this somehow...

There's a lot of hmm..flaws in Nemu so far? It's strange to me because these flaws do not seem bad, rather I'm reading it like these flaws happen because a townie does not always premeditate their posts. The biggest thing I got out of her catch-up is that it was off-the-cuff, and I think initially thought 'this isn't that good', I get the feeling Nemu is a player who acts on instinct. I liked her open dialogue about things whether it pertained to me or Estelle. This will bode well as long as she continues to act in that way, because I did not see a scum trying to save face there personally. Mr. McEdge @Aizen, can you see what I'm saying?

C.C's catch-up was phooey. I didn't like it! If it were a meal, I would graciously say "no thank you! I wanna live!" Okay..maybe an over-exaggeration but the first point they made was essentially nothing, especially given the context in which Olivier made that post. It makes me wonder why she would make such a comment if she were preparing a catch-up post because by that point Olivier made himself clear about earlier interaction with Estelle.  Moving on, she continues to stumble and makes a call-out on Ochako making a jokey post and saying such posts then shouldn't be happening. Boo! Not like a ghost, but like a boo as in I'm gonna throw a tomato at you miss. That's such a bad thing to criticize, I mean especially if you take in account All Might was playing along to an extent too. The vote following it too just has me amazed because at first you're criticizing Ochako for their substance but now it's apparently too much substance? I really don't get what you meant by 'not defining anything of value' cause to me it seemed like her thoughts were pretty clear there? Please make a stronger observation, I could beat that one with my hands tied behind my back

What a weird world we live in, Estelle happened to sync up with me as I was gone, looking forward to her spin on C.C~

##Vote: C.C

I don't remember how to RP my guy (aside from his basic character traits) but he's high up in my character harem and the rest of this post was censored due to being too inappropriate for the forums.

this post feels weird cuz I can't tell what the intent of it is. it comes after discussion was kickstarted which could go either way.

I'm coming further into my threadread and realizing I have a scumread on the highest wagon already (sham-wow) and now I feel like a tool. I really hate this post though. RP aside the read doesn't seem natural. obviously ochako would be responding to allmight more because allmight was HARD on her ass and pressuring her for better gameplay. I saw her interactions/questions @ him as bouncing shit off him cuz he was the one attempting to motivate her for more content and thus she looked to him for ideas. reading it as "focusing on him even though you aren't scumreading him" feels like conveniently taking it out of context to make it into a scumread. I think it's pretty clear ochako doesn't scumread allmight anyway, so I'm confused as to the intent/drive behind the vote. are you saying ochako is unclear with her reads? also "You're more interested in yourself than our win condition right now. Focus your energy externally and you can be a true hero and idol, like me!" that first line, roleplay or not, is so fluffy lol

then sham throws out some half-baked reads that weren't very unique.

[rest of post coming soon, wanted to get this one out while people are posting]

@Marisa Kirisame Funny, your post pinged me right as I was responding to ask you about Violet! A weird thing about C.C. I didn't consider until I read your case is that she complained about Ochako making jokes later on but only complained about me doing the same because she thought my "joke" was bad.

Honestly, you're right that C.C. isn't great. The reason I find Violet scummier, though, is that C.C. was at least engaging with the threads through her responses in some for whereas Violet drops by to say "yeah I read the threads, here are my reads, they're the ones everybody else has" and no progress is really made from it, except she took several words to do that. How do you feel about Violet? I'm not going to pay you for your thoughts, but if you don't want to tell me them I'd be really happy if you would sing a duet with me instead!

6 minutes ago, Cú Chulainn said:

that first line, roleplay or not, is so fluffy lol

I'm not roleplaying, silly! I'm the famous cutie Sham!

people were scumreading Aizen for seeming like he was being too serious too early, but I'm concerned that it was mostly RP being misread as exaggeratedly serious & it not being very compatible with his own tone. I'm trying to decide how I feel about him though. there is one thing he did that makes me lean town on him, and maybe it could be bias or maybe it could be bc I have a valid townread based on some patterns I've noticed, but the "3 people think I'm scum and aren't voting me" comment is something I see town do a lot more often than scum.

Reading the boys post it felt like he was already giving up and expected to be lynched to me. I feel like that comes from fed up town a lot more then it does scum. Do you disagree with my assessment? I'd love to hear this (out of rp) I don't mind to offend anyone with smug comments it's just rp if I am let me know.

I think I sounded a lot more pissed off than I meant it to be; what I intended to convey was that I wasn't about to take any chances considering my track record. it wasn't really meant as a "fuck you guys this sucks I'm claiming since I'm gonna get lynched anyway" (my attitude towards being mislynched has improved, and I don't care if I get mislynched, but it still feels shitty to be mislynched, & it tends to happen in anon games, & I got a scummy role this game, so. not taking any chances. lmao)

##vote: sham

I can't tell if sham is frozen scum or what. did I miss something? I haven't gotten through page 8 yet and like was there a claim or some shit (there's a big sham post but I haven't read that yet either) I'm taking a break to watch regular show and coming back in a few, there's more I'm gonna say but I'm pacing myself