Shinori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

Estelle has been replaced by Estelle.

No really.

You thought I was gone but I'm still here!

Ahem. I'll try to read through everything now and get a post out in a couple hours, after I sleep ~

sorry all, just got back in, about an hour later than I expected. i'm dead tired so I don't think I'll get to much tonight.

How are you expecting them to go at it? They haven't read the game so it's not like they had live interaction of said content.

confused by what you mean here. is there anything that was preventing violet from looking at posts made by other people who were active later into the game? what's the point of just ISOing two people instead of catching up with the whole thread, especially if one of those people hadn't even posted in the interim? I get that violet went to more of an effort to read the ppl she was suspicious of beforehand in the limited time she had, but doing a deep dive into the posts of someone who hadn't posted past the first few hours and talking about lack of content is blowing the issue out of proportion. so is doing a deep dive into interactions between the two without a flip. just feels like trying to manufacture content by hyperfocusing onto something that's not very important.

also read CC's post again and some of the cases on it. gotta admit that the CC post was worse than I remembered. I think Refakitty's case against them is good. Refakitty, why didn't you revote here after the Estelle stuff got cleared up?

FTR this account is set to the Night Forest theme and I can't tell if my quotes are coming with black highlight/darker font. I've never used any other theme other than the default theme because I'm a scrub (and darker themes shit on my eyes a lot more)

\anyway continuing from where I abruptly left off. I remember thinking estelle was scummy because that "I thought we'd meme a bit longer" post was useless and disconnected in a way scum would be disconnected from the game ED1. I voted her thinking she had more content & uhhh I think I jumped the gun (I think I remembered more but mixed her posts up with marisa's or something). I didn't like the post she inserted into the day and that was just a second checkmark against her & I was feeling better about sham after sleeping on it because her thoughts felt WAY more natural after she took the time to explain them. my thing with her was that her case sounded unnatural/forced and it snowballed from there, but her explanation afterwards & her response to me did help with that. I felt like I was running back around in a circle.

estelle herself not having any scumreads wasn't really what made me think she was scum 

I am reading her content now (before the sub obviously). 

On one hand I suppose you could look at this interrogation as town trying to get scum to slip but to me it feels more like scum trying to turn newbtown into lynchbait.

someone else (Aizen? idr) mentioned this as pinging as something town!estelle would say in her situation and I kind of agree, not to the point estelle is autotown to me now but makes me feel like, slightly better, I guess. up to this point I'm hoping she has more on how she feels about Marisa because I'm curious. the last sentence is out of date now and I like what I see so far. Marisa's explanation herself is ok but how reactionary she's been & how consistent it is isn't sitting very well with me.

going back to marisa: I don't like that after Aizen accused Marisa of backpedaling her case off him her response was a vague RP-filler kinda response. she still has that thing going for her where if she really is scum a lot of things she's doing right now are very counterproductive, but I'm also playing this with the confirmed knowledge that there IS a hostile ITP in this game and while I don't intend on using this as an excuse to ITPhunt over scumhunt this does mean I can look at this through a lens of "possibly not mafia but possibly not town" & nervous behavior like hers is probably going to ping me more. (self-preservation is going to ping me a lot more too). 

I also think it's interesting she DID accuse Aizen of "backing off the RP when it got him heat" but then she backs off Aizen when he retaliated and he called her out for it too. man I really don't know how I feel about this slot.

middle-of-post response time

That is indeed the winning question here isn't it. Well I don't believe Estelle is scummy with the way almost no one seems to be on her side. Along with Nemu's hop on I don't feel good voting for a little villager. If you want to waste time girly by all means go for it. 

this is a weird way to word it but I agree with this. something I've finally been starting to catch on is to pay attention to how fast wagons grow, because although it could just be nothing, it could also be Something. especially right at start of game, when scum is the least likely to bus their partners (not to say it doesn't happen but this is the point in the game it is the LEAST likely to happen (because scum don't want to sacrifice scum that early unless completely necessary)). I think I fell victim to people latching onto a potentially easy case ("only content is sparse and scummy" where it probably didn't really apply but I'm such a sucker for it when I don't have anything else). 

it's kinda frustrating that like... a lot of the play so far seems to be more suboptimal for either alignment than outright scummy,

@Olivier there IS an ITP in this game so if you have anything you think is interesting to note don't be afraid to get it out there cuz once we're finished with the maf we still got that to deal with, provided they don't die first.

By this point in time, posts with this much...substance, really shouldn't be happening.

this was in response to a shitpost from ochako, and I really don't like this! it's a vague potshot at someone who is not even NEAR the only person guilty of shitposting this game after RVS so this has got my major scumvibes written all over it. is she scummy to you or are you passive-aggressively trying to tell us we all gotta stop shitposting? either way it's kind of unnecessary anyway.

following this, while I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought sham seemed to be acting unnatural/seemed out of place, I'm paranoid C.C. is echoing other people here. their ochako vote is OK but it looks like after further inspection they're voting almost solely off that post (and the shitpost C.C. pointed out earlier.....which by far isn't the worst example. I feel like Allmight is getting off easy for his shitposting cuz everyone knows who he is lol but he's not even the only one. I'm guilty of it too). yeah maybe C.C. has a read on ochako and is just using that to back up their case but it really does feel very barebones even then.

##unvote
##vote: C.C.

I think C.C.'s accumulated other votes which does kinda make me paranoid but I like this, right now, more than anything else however if it were an option up to this point I would lynch Marisa if I didn't have anything else today. gonna sum up more of my thoughts in a sec! stay tuned

I agree with parts of the Nemu case; like I agree that their first couple posts were abit too quotestrippy without overall direction and felt like they were just commenting on stuff. I also liked aizen's original point about nemu leaning towards finding estelle more town but then keeping the vote anyways in a very waffly way; didn't like that much. However I feel like the points in their later play are better.

however I can't get behind lynching Nemu for being critical of Violet and not CC because it's only indicative of scum intent if CC is also scum. If we lynch CC and she flips scum, then this will be pretty big, but there's no reason to lynch Nemu on this basis when we don't know yet for sure what CC's alignment is. it feels like this is the main aspect of the nemu case at this point?

One more thing before I go, Olivier, how do you feel about Nemu's votepark on me and awkward simultaneous push of me and Ochako? I talked about this here and a bit more about my read in a post before that. I'm not bothered by her priorities between C.C. and Violet; I have other reasons for suspecting her.

i guess like... i agree that it's weird that they saw the need to switch votes to you and then not really pressure you much because violet was afk but I dont really see the scum intent in it. i guess maybe if they felt too self-conscious, but that feels like a stretch. point about the weird simultaneous push against you and ochako is good though. they might be lining up lynches there if you're both town. i don't specifically see a reason that one of you has to be scum that they're looking at it like a 1v1 almost.

i guess i could get behind a nemu lynch but I'll have to think about priorities more tomorrow, sorry i'm too tired to think about it too much at the moment. need to also step away from the granularity of the posts to get more of a gut feeling on which way to go.

speaking of ochako I hope they post more. stuff against violet's first post was whatever, stuff against violet's last post was ~ok~ but they didn't really do much else.

another spicy take. sham/allmight feels like town/town (or notmafia/notmafia)

it is slowly dawning on me that I read sham as scum before I really had a picture of the current gamestate. and this interaction is INCREDIBLY styles clashing between two notmafia players over the one-sided "sham's being dodgy & weird @ a player who I think is town." I have mental notes as I go through this interaction and everything down to allmight's "sham said estelle had no scumreads" which she kept trying to rebut over and over is just SCREAMING playstyles clashing, and allmight&sham are both kinda leaning town for me.

anyway c.c.'s entrance vs. violet's entrance. before anything else, my initial impression was that c.c.'s was scummier than violet's (to me anyway) but violet is still null for me and her post was objectively bad. but everyone else's already said this.

well
I guess not "scummier" per se, but I'm way more confident in a C.C. vote.

estelle content was like, ok for me until i got to this post, which I can't... get a solid read on. there's a lot of padding. I think this

The main issue here is that she's only posted one time. I'm going to leave my vote there for now but from here on out I'll be primarily looking at players who are contributing a lot more currently.

was what made it weird. why was she so concerned enough that she has to remind everyone that she realizes she's voting someone with only one post? it's apologetic in a way that reads vaguely like self-preservation in the form of damage control in case the C.C. vote went awry. dunno if this is just this poster's style of talking but this is anon so I'm gonna read it the other way lol. i did like this post, however. second paragraph was bomb. hell yeah.

Note that I don't like C.C.'s  much and don't think her content was that useful either, but at least it's better than what Violet offered imo.

I like how like everyone's been saying this including me LMAO
kinda feels weird how everyone was kinda echoing that but eh

I like that allmight doesn't like how the sham wagon ended up either and that's bolstered my opinion on that.

allmight's decrease in presence is definitely because he was busy so I feel better. I'm confident his content will improve (& he's still posting things I'd expect him to post as town) but that's something to look forward to in the future. maybe he'll spar with me. uguu

I like Refakitty's C.C. vote and not because I am also voting C.C. and think they're scum lmao. I didn't like estelle's C.C. vote As Much (her explanation later on w/ nemu is a little better though, namely here.

Cu well..I don't have too much of an opinion about cu so we'll get there when we get there. Kamina I don't have any strong feelings towards good or bad, but not bad not enough where I'd want to lynch him right now.

eyes emoji @Marisa Kirisame

nemu's sheep w allmight on sham sucked but nemu's null for me atm

so everybody talks about knowing who somebody is as part of their argument I kind of cringe.

i love u shamwow

sucks that at this point C.C. still hasn't posted and I want to lynch C.C. like right now but I just got to the point violet/ochako started posting again who were my other starting-to-lean scumreads so I'll...........persevere but I've spent like 3 hours on mafia and need a break

I rely a lot on taking what other people have said in addition to how I think/feel to develop my scumreads! I'm starting to learn that about myself and I think that's neat.

anyway I'm trying to figure out what I think about kamina/nemu but after that I'm all caught up take that motherfuckers
violet and ochako are in limbo until i read their posts also

my priority right now is like, if a lynch happened Right Now before i had time to finalize my shit, I'd be C.C. > (people in limbo) > marisa > estelle just based on what I have from garnering all I did in those posts up there

(people in limbo) is high up there bc they're wagons that i see happening today that i wouldn't completely object to being a part of (read: sheep until i'm finally done developing my reads) but I feel bad about ochako now because it really does look like she's trying? whatever okay this is my LAST POST for tonight i have to tear myself away from the game 

Image result for cu chulainn fate

(all might call me xoxoxo)