Husbando/Waifu mafia Day 3!

Shinori

Votals:

Time left in day phase:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180831T18&p0=3704&msg=Day+phase+end&font=cursive&csz=1

Ochako(3): C.C., Violet Evergarden, Kamina
Nemu(3): Aizen, Sham, Refakitty³
C.C.(2): Marisa, Estelle, Olivier
Sham(2): Rain
Rain(2): Ochako, All Might
Estelle(1): Cu Chulainn
Aizen(1): Nemu

With 15 people currently alive 8 votes are needed to hammer and end the phase early.  Hammer is not needed for day 1.

Please also remember to submit your secondary votes through your role pm.  Your secondary vote can be swapped as much as you want through out the day phase but when phase ends or hammer is met votes will be locked in.  Technically a vote isn't required though if you wish.

If there are any errors in the above votals please let me know.

There is a little less than 5 hours left in the day phase.

Edited by Shinori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

@All Might

I think Rain is reasonably likely to flip scum, but why exactly is she a good info lynch?

Please talk to me about your Kamina townread, I'm not sure what to think of him

Actually, forget the first question, I read it as you saying she was, but that's probably not what you meant.

2 minutes ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

@All Might

I think Rain is reasonably likely to flip scum, but why exactly is she a good info lynch?

Please talk to me about your Kamina townread, I'm not sure what to think of him

i think it's reasonable to say there exists a wolf in {rain, ochako} simply because of where ochako's vote has been sitting and how individually scummy both slots are. if rain flips scum, we can conclude ochako is town since nobody hard busses like that without making it look dramatic. hard bussing is for towncred, and so when a wolf hard busses, he's absolutely craving the towncred that comes with it. ochako has no such vibe. however, if rain flips green, i'd think i'd have to take another look at ochako's early game content even if their day 1 is typically weak and watch the rest of their play progress. i don't want to craft preflip associative narratives as that's like a house of cards ready to fall, but i think between the two there exists a lot of information. as for other info, i know that kamina also wagoned with me on rain, and if they flip wolf, it'll only solidify kamina as my top town.

kamina's got content that i don't always have to agree with, but it makes sense. their thought process is rare to have holes in it, and i, for the most part, liked their townbloc and the premise behind it. i think the ideas they push across are progressive, and that their thoughts while making sense and being solid in reasoning, are also progressive and not just repeats of another player's ideas. his tone is great, though i don't much stock into that, and he's interested in solving as much as i am. i think he'd be a good secondary vote to start off the game. 

rain's last post was pretty shitty but you're way overblowing rvs stuff. "wagon grew naturally" ??? pretty sure the votes other than yours were just RVS sheeping you. 

we prolly shouldnt discuss the waifu/husbando vote. tells scum who to hook. person who wins should absolutely say what they did n1 on d2 tho.

1 minute ago, Olivier said:

rain's last post was pretty shitty but you're way overblowing rvs stuff. "wagon grew naturally" ??? pretty sure the votes other than yours were just RVS sheeping you. 

we prolly shouldnt discuss the waifu/husbando vote. tells scum who to hook. person who wins should absolutely say what they did n1 on d2 tho.

scum are likelier in rvs to latch onto a growing wagon if the player is just a lynchbaity town and keep them high in votes for most of the day phase. nobody else this phase has jumped on rain at all despite the rvs and the scummy entrance, and that's what made it look incredibly weird and why i think the early wagon looked natural even if people were sheeping me. it's the vibe i got compared to the vibe i would get from scum hoping to grab an easy wagon, and i feel if rain were a villa, the wolves would have taken advantage of that fact. as it stands, there seems to be more prolific posturing towards violet and c.c. wagons which is what i'd expect from the wolves against the inactives. sorta weird no one mentions the shiki person ever, though.

im pretty sure we have protection roles or information roles linked with protection. im not concerned about announcing the votes at all until later, but i think now is a good time to get an early lead on wolves, and that means giving it to the obvious town that's going to use it correctly. that means kamina in case you didn't know. 

nobody other than you thought the entrance was scummy though? i agree that kamina and ochako's RVS votes there seemed ok but that's more a point in their favour than against rain.

nobody's talking about rain or shiki cuz they haven't done shit. there's nothing to talk about, especially with shiki.

i dislike defending rain in this way cuz I'm not even opposed to lynching them but i don't think your case is good and I'm not confident enough that you're town for me to vote with you regardless for different reasons. i guess i'd consolidate on this over ochako but I'd rather you just consolidate on CC with me.

i'm even less sure in kamina being town than you so I'm definitely not voting them for waifu/husbando lol. feels like you're again putting way too much stock in rvs stuff.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:21 AM, All Might said:

i'm scumreading them for forced and unrealistic scumreads and a poor process behind them. they hedged on ochako and dropped their scumread for a poor reason, and then started attacking estelle for a lack of scumreads which at this point is just not true. estelle is obviously struggling to get into the game, but they have procured a couple scumreads like their c.c. vote case thing. i questioned them about it, they seemed pretty confident, and i liked the response i got a little bit. sham completely ignored that to go on and say that estelle has no scumreads. thats pretty hardcore not paying attention or blatant lying.

I don't see the hedging on Ochako. Sham was pretty consistently pushing her up until the unvote, which was explicitly stated to be "giving her a chance." Do you think that, as far as the second half goes, scum!Sham would "blatantly lie" or that "not paying attention" is a scumtell?

I don't wanna lynch Rain! It's not that I townread the slot, it's just that the basis of which she's being considered always seem to fall flat. I often see people say 'we are lynching someone on information' but I think that's just an exaggeration because all lynches should be based on getting information! What makes Rain more informative of a lynch than other people suggested? It is of my obviously biased (and right) opinion that there is nothing gained more or less lynching Rain than lynching someone who we've discussed already, unless people believe there is a chance for that person to turn their play around and don't want to lynch them. I'm not seeing this however so my vote is staying put, because my information is better than your information and could beat it in a fight

2 minutes ago, Marisa Kirisame said:

I don't wanna lynch Rain! It's not that I townread the slot, it's just that the basis of which she's being considered always seem to fall flat. I often see people say 'we are lynching someone on information' but I think that's just an exaggeration because all lynches should be based on getting information! What makes Rain more informative of a lynch than other people suggested? It is of my obviously biased (and right) opinion that there is nothing gained more or less lynching Rain than lynching someone who we've discussed already, unless people believe there is a chance for that person to turn their play around and don't want to lynch them. I'm not seeing this however so my vote is staying put, because my information is better than your information and could beat it in a fight

information lynches suck the main premise of the lynch is that i think rain is a wolf

14 minutes ago, Kamina said:

I don't see the hedging on Ochako. Sham was pretty consistently pushing her up until the unvote, which was explicitly stated to be "giving her a chance." Do you think that, as far as the second half goes, scum!Sham would "blatantly lie" or that "not paying attention" is a scumtell?

ill respond when i get home

46 minutes ago, All Might said:

rain has the potential to be in a scumteam with nearly every player here, and individually, they're a scummy shit. their wagon early on progressed naturally with no unrealistic momentum on the wagon, and the votes on rain have all been pretty good. i think that rain is the best lynch to grab information while also hitting a likely wolf as the wagon composition for this lynch will be telling, and i also think that the lack of momentum on them and the poor content with the really awkward play makes them our likeliest candidate for a wolf regardless. sheep me, players of all dimensions.

~Ka?

5 minutes ago, Marisa Kirisame said:

while also hitting a likely wolf as the wagon composition for this lynch will be telling, and i also think that the lack of momentum on them and the poor content with the really awkward play makes them our likeliest candidate for a wolf regardless.

it's literally right after what you underlined

if i wanted an infolynch i'd lynch like... myself

12 hours ago, Olivier said:

confused by what you mean here. is there anything that was preventing violet from looking at posts made by other people who were active later into the game? what's the point of just ISOing two people instead of catching up with the whole thread,

This is my bad I was assuming she was catching up reading the thread and not isoing so I was confused on why you were giving them backlash for catching up that way.

The interaction between Estelle/Nemu where they're talking about C. C./Violet is making me start to like Estelle more and I can buy what she was saying earlier about "when I notice something I'll jump at it" based on how focused she's been on those two.

11 hours ago, Olivier said:

however I can't get behind lynching Nemu for being critical of Violet and not CC because it's only indicative of scum intent if CC is also scum. If we lynch CC and she flips scum, then this will be pretty big, but there's no reason to lynch Nemu on this basis when we don't know yet for sure what CC's alignment is. it feels like this is the main aspect of the nemu case at this point?

I felt the other way around on this (We lynch Nemu=scum C2.) I made a little para on why Nemu is scum the C2 post helped that scumread grow.

11 hours ago, Cú Chulainn said:

another spicy take. sham/allmight feels like town/town (or notmafia/notmafia)

I didn't know this was spicy I thought it was the normal outlook. Although if not then I agree with you

11 hours ago, Cú Chulainn said:

anyway c.c.'s entrance vs. violet's entrance. before anything else, my initial impression was that c.c.'s was scummier than violet's (to me anyway) but violet is still null for me and her post was objectively bad. but everyone else's already said this.

I feel like I'm the only one in this playerlist that doesn't have a strong feeling about either of those 2. Were the posts bland? Yes very bland and lackluster but it's not something I'd auto lynch someone over. I'd have to see a full catch up for that or more then 1 post at least.

but if CC is town how is it scummy for Nemu to not criticize their post along with Violet's?

your vote there seems kind of like a park at this point tbh.

i think what confuses me is that you were more interested in inactives than violet/cc? like you had Nemu and then Refakitty in that list at one point.

idea of lynching ppl for info sucks. just lynch scummy people. 

4 hours ago, Marisa Kirisame said:

If you feel you're having issue solving me the best you could so is ask me questions but this can be at your own leisure,

I don't know if Marisa was scumreading Ochako I'd go check but I don't have iso. But if she was and was agreeing with the statements of "passive play and question asking" this is an interesting statement. If someone could go check for me I'd consider you a bit more useful than the others. If she didn't then nothing is wrong here. So she did she goes into my lynch pool.

4 hours ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

f you've got questions right now, you can ask them and I'll answer them in there or in real time.

Same as the above.

4 hours ago, Kamina said:

Indeed we haven't! Allow me to introduce myself! The reputation of Team Dai-Gurren echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader, the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity...they're talking about me: The Mighty Kamina!

scoffs 

3 hours ago, Nemu Kurotsuchi said:

You're missing the point. You were giving this narrative where Estelle was being set-up as the mislynch, supported by my 'hop-on'. However, when she had 3 votes I was the first one on there who started expressing doubt (and later the first to unvote). The point is, that despite me scumreading them at one point this doesn't mesh with your narrative.

(I was looking forward to this)  My narrative was in the post in question you said and I quote 'I really dislike hedging' while in the same exact post hedging yourself. So it's okay if you do it but it's scummy if others do? If you're going to ask what hedge I'm talking about it's "I can see how it's scummy" + keeping your vote on the slot along with saying they could be town in the same post. You say you express doubt and that's all well and good but at that time you didn't unvote so it just looked like empty words to me.

What is the point of this first question? Just scroll down and you see it. This and some other content of yours seems a bit filler-y. (Feel free to ask for examples if you disagree)

Sure some examples would be nice although I think it would've been better if you just posted them but that's me being bias and nitpicky. The point of the first question was I didn't think it was clear what All might wanted to talk about so I wanted to know why he asked (I forget who he asked at the time) to talk to them for what reason. It didn't seem clear. Even if the answer was a few lines/posts down I feel it's better and shows my thoughts more clearly if I keep what I wrote originally and perhaps say "oh you answered that" later.

RE: paragraph 3, She isn't talking to them though, she's just sort of nodding along with concensus on them. I think that's a meaningful difference.

That's perhaps laziness in just saying I agree instead of fully explaining but I can see how you find it scummy. 

RE: paragraph 4, did you bother to read my reasoning/reply?

Admittedly I know I did at first but now it's a bit foggy. If we're talking about Vio/C2 I remember you talking about Vio but not C2 when the posts to me were basically the same so that was a red flag in my head because A) why didn't you talk about C2 that seems like a partner tell B) I can't imagine you didn't see it 

I dropped my placeholder vote a long time before you posted this? I was referring back to my Sham vote in between my two Violet votes. Updated reads will follow soon.

I don't know why you have placeholder votes in the first place it makes wagons look weird maybe it's just a playstyle clash but I believe in voting who you want lynched and scumread not a place holder.

My biggest gripe with your read on me is that I don't think you're even taking my later stuff into account. You just sort of latched onto me as scumread after my first stuff and with my later things (e.g. Violet) you're trying to get reads on the rest of the playerbase going from the assumption that I'm scum rather than analyzing my stuff. I think I'm one of the people you're engaging with/commenting on the least which seams off considering your confidence. I have a history of OMGUS-ing and know I'm biased on this, but that alongside a lack of pushing elsewhere doesn't make me feel good about you at all.

If you want to see C.C./Violet get solved, why not pressure them/ask them questions? You don't have to vote them, but by ignoring them and pushing them off the lynch table you're giving them a sense of safety, making a hypothetical scum!them feel less pressured.

Your later stuff hasn't really left that big an impression on me I don't feel like me quoting everything you said and commenting on it would be a bit annoying? I am trying to get reads on the rest of the players but I don't think it's under the assumption that you're scum the only player I'm doing that with is C2 because if I have to lynch 1 of C2/Vio it'll be C2. I'm not commenting on you a lot because well you don't have much that screams out for me to comment on when I catch up. It's fine if you don't feel good about me for pushing you. I will admit I'm not really pushing a lot of people elsewhere because I don't feel that confident elsewhere I have a lot of townreads I know I'm incorrect in places I just don't know where. 

You're 100% correct I could ask them questions It just hasn't really crossed my mind or maybe it did and I have high prioties (I do) but you're right that I could've asked them stuff.

Weird you're putting Rain/Shiki/Refa under C.C. and Violet here imo, do you really think 0 posts is worse than 1 bad post or did you like their catchups? Your lack of scumreads on active players (besides me maybe) is also interesting.

I find the 1posts bland but not really bad so they're above them yes.