Wearing a Fedora: Tip it or not

MacLovin

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Prefer driving caps, personally.

I don't want to look like this guy.

ToYdyXp.jpg

What is wrong with that look? It looks fine to me, although I am not exactly keen on fashion.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

What is wrong with that look? It looks fine to me, although I am not exactly keen on fashion.

Doesn't look good on that guy in particular, or a lot of other guys who wear them.  Makes them look like those douchebag "Reddit Atheist" types who womanize all the time.  Basically the kinds of guys who say "milady" and pretend to actually like women when they're really just trying to get in their pants.  Also think they're smarter than everyone else because they're irreligious.

You have to be a certain kind of guy to wear it well.  Like Anonymous and Slumber said, it helps if you're either colored or an older gent.  And if you're both of those, it's a killer look no matter what.  And the rest of the attire matters as well.  It works to make a "mob boss" look, with the suit and all, and works with maybe some other looks.  But the semi-casual attire those aforementioned Reddit Atheists don with their fedoras is just so awful and tryhardy, and the look being associated with such intolerable human waste bags really hurts it.

if this is about fedoras, can i post that picture of shrek with a fedora because its godlike

ok no-one seems to have objections

5b88fd593fe49_fedorashrek.jpg.4951b9c86f2e81d189c4f570cca1611a.jpg

this would be one reason to wear a fedora, if your doing a shrek cosplay and want to 

TIP

off this image.

Edited by (s)ad touch

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Fedoras are yuck. 

Noooooo, I thought you were cool.  Can't be friends anymore, sorry.  ;]

My SO can pull off the fedora look, but we may be old enough to fit the "old" criteria now.

Imagine Heisenberg from Breaking Bad.

On 8/31/2018 at 4:28 AM, (s)ad touch said:

if this is about fedoras, can i post that picture of shrek with a fedora because its godlike

It is, at the minimum, above average.

I do actually own fedoras, but I am too young and white to actually wear them. No amount of shaving, bathing, fasting or prayer can do much to break the stigma which plagues the fedora.