[Datamine] New GHB: Garon, King of Nohr

Poimagic

42 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

On topic, I'm sort of excited for Garon, because I actually like his design. And I want to see the dialogue, stats and weapon he'll be given.

Same. As terrible as he was, his design is very cool and Heroes might redeem him.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

A free unit is always nice. More villains are always nice. When will Lekain be added? 

The day before closing shop. RD has quite a number of other villains Sephiran has priority over him in the evil magic user department. Dheginsea and Ashera exist too, Jarod like Lekain has personal enmity with Micaiah's group too. And PoR is a game, with Petrine (although a lady, I'm thinking she isn't popular enough to go pullable) and Ashnard, and maybe even Ena and Naesala.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You mean Mr I Didn’t Even Get Into CYL Poll?

This too. He is more forgettable and less viable than Amy after all. She can always use her powers as the The End Branded to annihilate entire universes. Or she can just swing her Plasma Axe like she usually does.

To stay on topic, Garon is relevant to Fates, and probably the best non-PC of a bad hand to include as a Fates villain. Although I wish he shaved, not sure into what, but I know I'm not fond of the pointy black goatee on a round puffy white base.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The day before closing shop. RD has quite a number of other villains Sephiran has priority over him in the evil magic user department. Dheginsea and Ashera exist too, Jarod like Lekain has personal enmity with Micaiah's group too. And PoR is a game, with Petrine (although a lady, I'm thinking she isn't popular enough to go pullable) and Ashnard, and maybe even Ena and Naesala.

This too. He is more forgettable and less viable than Amy after all. She can always use her powers as the The End Branded to annihilate entire universes. Or she can just swing her Plasma Axe like she usually does.

I would like to see you make a hypothetical Sephiran in Heroes. Would he come with the Ashera staff or his personal light tome, whatever it's called? 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Lekain for CYL3 as a voting option. When IS? 

They didn’t bother to change Thea’s name to, well, Thea. Unless someone pestered them a lot (don’t do it), I doubt they are going to suddenly remember.

Also, Sephiran’s tome is called Creiddylad, after a minor Welsh character from the Arthurian cycle.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Icelerate said:

I would like to see you make a hypothetical Sephiran in Heroes. Would he come with the Ashera staff or his personal light tome, whatever it's called? 

I'm no good at making characters, and I don't want to disappoint myself.

I'd hope for Blue Tome Creiddylad, with some cool effect FEH creates for it. Now if only they carried over its animation of flooding the area with watery light, light orbs arise from it, and then it all explodes. I love it as much as I do the nuclear fusion reaction that is Rexaura. Alas, they're both too much effort.

But the Ashera Staff has the niche of being a Staff, which needs some more awesome personal users at the moment. And Dazzling-Wrathful is pretty potent as I hear.

Ideally, I'd want two: Sephiran, perhaps with his PoR "traveler" cloak on. And Lehran, perhaps with his disabled black wings on display. Sephiran can take the Ashera Staff, Lehran the Creiddylad. But unlike with the BK/Zelgius, this isn't so realistically viable.

I'm just begging that being male, infantry mage, and likely GHB, that he isn't gimped combat-wise. I'll use him regardless though, how bad could they make him?

Garon.  Green Armor, Bolverk maybe another axe with DC on it (Only Dorcas has that).  

REMEMBER.  Though, he is a GHB unit.  I remember how they treated Julius who is a final boss in his game.  Garon on a banner would be a monster, as a free unit....we'll see.  Hopefully they can use Heroes to expand his story or give more about his early life.   

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I remember how they treated Julius who is a final boss in his game.

Julius tanks shit all day and counterkills shit with QR. All day.

Also I enjoyed the interaction between the Heroes versions of Loptous and Naga. Both of them have a ×1.2 multiplier against each other, alluding to the fact that dark and light magic in the Jugdral dilogy were equal with regards to the weapon triangle.

Edited by Vaximillian

I wonder if they'll give him some good lines. Julius' voiced dialogue was a real treat.

I've got both Hunktor and Amelia with an ideal nature so I don't need another axe unit, but here's to hoping he comes with some good skills (and Ippei art!). I'll take one Chill Attack or any Wave skill, please.

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I remember how they treated Julius who is a final boss in his game.

Julius is one of the best magic tanks and is a good user of CC if you're up for it. Don't underestimate him just because he isn't broken. He does his job fairly well and can even tank and kill a fully merged Reinhardt.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Julius is one of the best magic tanks and is a good user of CC if you're up for it. Don't underestimate him just because he isn't broken. He does his job fairly well and can even tank and kill a fully merged Reinhardt.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Julius tanks shit all day and counterkills shit with QR. All day.

Also I enjoyed the interaction between the Heroes versions of Loptous and Naga. Both of them have a ×1.2 multiplier against each other, alluding to the fact that dark and light magic in the Jugdral dilogy were equal with regards to the weapon triangle.

Yeah I built him, put DD3  on him (expensive, rare fodder for me), he is good.  He is on a team with Ishtar and does well.  For CC you have to give him a ton of support to make that work cause his defense is so low and his speed is less than average.  However if he was a banner unit, he would likely be made an armor (like they did with M Grima) and get all that extra BST in defense as well as broken armor skills.  Allowing him to be a phenomenal mixed tank and probably top tier unit.  

I don't think Garon will be horrible since he is a final boss.  He will have some unique weapon and will at least be strong in certain situations.  However being a free unit I highly doubt he will come close to challenging the Hectors, M Grima, or Ephraim even disregarding IVs and merges.  

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah I built him, put DD3  on him (expensive, rare fodder for me), he is good.  He is on a team with Ishtar and does well.  For CC you have to give him a ton of support to make that work cause his defense is so low and his speed is less than average.  However if he was a banner unit, he would likely be made an armor (like they did with M Grima) and get all that extra BST in defense as well as broken armor skills.  Allowing him to be a phenomenal mixed tank and probably top tier unit.  

I don't think Garon will be horrible since he is a final boss.  He will have some unique weapon and will at least be strong in certain situations.  However being a free unit I highly doubt he will come close to challenging the Hectors, M Grima, or Ephraim even disregarding IVs and merges.  

16 base defense + 5 from atk ploy + 6 from Loptous + 6 from close defense = 33 def. Add in defense buffs/spurs and a defense tile.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

16 base defense + 5 from atk ploy + 6 from Loptous + 6 from close defense = 33 def. Add in defense buffs/spurs and a defense tile.

Yup a ton of set up. What do you do with M Grima?  Nothing, he needs no spurs, buffs, he doesn't need close defense or distant defense.  He just destroys things and tanks.  That is the difference between free and banner. 

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Thank goodness he had not have been.

14 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah I built him, put DD3  on him (expensive, rare fodder for me), he is good.  He is on a team with Ishtar and does well.  For CC you have to give him a ton of support to make that work cause his defense is so low and his speed is less than average.  However if he was a banner unit, he would likely be made an armor (like they did with M Grima) and get all that extra BST in defense as well as broken armor skills.  Allowing him to be a phenomenal mixed tank and probably top tier unit.  

He'd never be an armor. When he doesn't have Nihil/Awareness in chapter 10, he is not weak to armorslayers. They could have went with Wrath and a double stance skill or simply make him a DC dragon. Julius had frail parents and it is even officially possible that Celice can physically beat even with his tome "armor" with Tyrfing.

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

simply make him a dragon

Would have been even worse than making him armoured. Thankfully, Jugdral characters have been represented pretty fathfully so far.

2 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

He'd never be an armor. When he doesn't have Nihil/Awareness in chapter 10, he is not weak to armorslayers. They could have went with Wrath and a double stance skill or simply make him a DC dragon. Julius had frail parents and it is even officially possible that Celice can physically beat even with his tome "armor" with Tyrfing.

They made M Grima an armor for no reason so I don't see why not.  Was Grima weak to armorslayers?  Nope.

Axe armor or armored dragon, I don’t care. I’ve been saving fodder skills for him. If his Bölverk doesn’t have DC then I’m more than glad to feed him an Hector. If he’s indeed a DC armored unit then I’ll just make him into green Hardin. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

They made M Grima an armor for no reason so I don't see why not.  Was Grima weak to armorslayers?  Nope.

Grima is treated as both flying and armor in this game. Armor because of how huge and heavy their real body is. Flying because they fly. Simple really when you think about it. No conspiracies 

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yup a ton of set up. What do you do with M Grima?  Nothing, he needs no spurs, buffs, he doesn't need close defense or distant defense.  He just destroys things and tanks.  That is the difference between free and banner. 

Are you really going to compare a tanky infantry mage to a armor unit with 24 more points of BST? I get that you seem to think that there's a huge difference of quality between free and summonable units, but you might as well compare the PP of every armor with BF to every PP mage

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Apparently, they wanted to drove home a bizzare point that the Fallen Grimas are more dragon than human and have the skin of a dragon. Female Robin is respresented that way via Dragonskin and male Grima is represented through his "armor". Julius is controlled via a book that is in tune with his blood. 

Hell, they could have given Julius Flora's dagger effect to represent his tome's damage halving effect..