[Datamine] New GHB: Garon, King of Nohr

Poimagic

@Poimagic

Spoiler

YOU HAD ONE JOB INTSYS

ONE JOB

Although, this does make the "nullifies effective damage vs Dragons" on his weapon better, since he'll only have a weakness to Poison Dagger+ now. So that's actually pretty cool.
Still, I'm at least happy they're doing a free Dragon at long last. Kinda disappointed that it's not Idunn, but she can still happen.

And looking at what Garon's stats are gonna be... I like this man's stats. I want him now, and I did not expect to say that after seeing that he was Infantry.

Hopefully Lynhardt can steamroll his GHB so I can get 3 of him easily. Definitely saving feathers for this man-dragon-slime-thingawhatever.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Poimagic

Hide contents

YOU HAD ONE JOB INTSYS

ONE JOB

Although, this does make the "nullifies effective damage vs Dragons" on his weapon better, since he'll only have a weakness to Poison Dagger+ now. So that's actually pretty cool.
Still, I'm at least happy they're doing a free Dragon at long last. Kinda disappointed that it's not Idunn, but she can still happen.

And looking at what Garon's stats are gonna be... I like this man's stats. I want him now, and I did not expect to say that after seeing that he was Infantry.

Hopefully Lynhardt can steamroll his GHB so I can get 3 of him easily. Definitely saving feathers for this man-dragon-slime-thingawhatever.

I mean, male Kana?

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, male Kana?

Damn, I completely forgot that Male Kana exists. And that I have three of him.

Although, I just realized (putting this in spoiler just in case):

Spoiler

Red Dragonstone is no longer Tikis Only, as Garon is a Red Dragon too. Hopefully we might see a couple of other Red Dragons in the future.

Also, apparently Garon has Distant DEF and Panic Ploy as his skills, with PP3 at 4-Star. That's neat.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean

I keep every unit I pull or otherwise obtain, whether I like them or not or whether they have bad natures or not, so you're lecturing at the wrong person anyway.

I'm not lecturing you xD it was not aimed at you, but at everyone, sorry I did not think it will be misinterpreted. My fault

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Now I can safely turn him into a book as soon as I get him. Dracaron and Gooron are the two things I hate the most about Fates. This is stupid.

How about the 5000 HM?

His Breath seems to be a kind of Skadi-variant: 

Spoiler

Garon's Breath: Nullifies "Effective Against Dragons" bonuses. At the start of turn 4, inflict 10 damage to any enemies within a 3 tile radius and heals Garon 5 HP for every enemy hit. Adaptive damage if foe is ranged.

Every time I think about Garon and most of Fates main characters I cry. I appreciate Garon being in FEH, but not for how he turned out to be, but what could have been a really well-written character and conflict with Xander (less with his siblings). Like, imagine fleshing out his past self, the kind Garon, making Xander have an inner conflict with himself following his now evil orders and not being the dumbass he was in the final product, some mindless drone, bound by fake honor, following an unarguably evil person. Give depth to your ideas, IS. With that last FEH chapter being just a scratch on the surface, but simultaneously the end of it as well, ending any further development, is just shameful and sad how so much potential is being thrown out the window.

But back to the unit. A perfect shit-eating grin to punch into, it's glorious, and finally a non-Tiki red dragon. It's just a GHB, but still, I'll take it, even though I would have preferred Bölverk to make an appearance. *Shrug* I'll survive.

Map will be Birthright final map, I guess, since it's the only map where Garon is fought as a dragon. Sooo, reinforcements?

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Now I can safely turn him into a book as soon as I get him. Dracaron and Gooron are the two things I hate the most about Fates. This is stupid.

Sadly you can't give units to other players, I want more Dracaron like you said ^^ Please keep one unit of him, it's only one slot and he will be an amazing free unit, he can be useful for Abyssal or for a Dragon team

2 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Please keep one unit of him, it's only one slot and he will be an amazing free unit, he can be useful for Abyssal or for a Dragon team

I don’t give a single cent about how good he will be. I do not want to have him around, and I will not have him around.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t give a single cent about how good he will be. I do not want to have him around, and I will not have him around.

It's actually pretty sad, then take only one version of him (the one with feathers) 5*star him level 40 then turn it into a book and don't take the others ^^

25 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They can always save the axe-wielding version for a normal banner or even a “Legendary Hero” banner. 

More like another Camilla alt, I’m calling it.

4 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

It's actually pretty sad, then take only one version of him (the one with feathers) 5*star him level 40 then turn it into a book and don't take the others ^^

Why would I willingly turn down Distant Defence fodder?

Just now, Drakhis said:

yeah, it looks amazing! Just why your avatar is Garon if you hate it? Do you like his design?

Exactly. I've always hated Garon for what he is but I've also been very open about finding his design really amazing. Its pretty imposing, its clear he's both a warrior and a royal, and his  corpse skin tome makes for a nice foreshadowing. 

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

More like another Camilla alt, I’m calling it.

Why would I willingly turn down Distant Defence fodder?

In my opinion, it isn't"t worthy, but why not. I just keep all GHB and Tempest trials units because they are limited so I will not fodder one, even if it had "distant counter +++"

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Exactly. I've always hated Garon for what he is but I've also been very open about finding his design really amazing. Its pretty imposing, its clear he's both a warrior and a royal, and his  corpse skin tome makes for a nice foreshadowing. 

It's a good reason ^^

Edited by Drakhis