Heard or Played The Series BEFORE Super Smash Bros. Melee

Steven Tyler

I heard things about it, and didn't know anything besides the fact that it was a RPG (I didn't even know it was a SRPG) but I didn't really care.

When smashbros.com was up, I saw things and was interested. Downloaded FE7 and fell in love.

I didn't come in via Brawl, I instead came in because the game was a medieval version of Advance Wars, which was attractive to me while I was about to go out to sea (this was while I was in the Navy).

I honestly didn't care about Brawl; never have, likely never will.

I'm not sure if this counts at all, but I saw Fire Emblem on a commercial and went "this looks cool." I've played SSBM for ages before that, but I never knew that Marth and Roy were from the game at all...

• 1 month later...

I never had Melee. My parents sold our GameCube three months after we got it because of money issues, and the only games we had were Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin. I only play Melee when I visit my friends.

About two years ago, a cousin invited me to stay the night on his house. He told me that someone gave him a new game (Which was actually FE9) and we played it. Later, we were like "OH SNAP! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!".

Blame my brother for he brought back his computer from his dorm. I got my very first FEs from there. FE3, 4, and 5.

That was like...nine years ago...

It all started back when Marth was called Mars...

Lol, I called him Marus... >_>

Edited by Fury

Hah, I got Melee, used Marth and Roy as my main two characters, and never even noticed what series they were from until after I got a FE game. I first saw the series when my friend got Sacred Stones and played it at my house. I thought it looked cool, but it was 1 player so I got bored. Then, I saw an add in a magazine for PoR and decided to ask for it for Christmas. I didn't even know anything about the game, but I fired it up and got hooked for good on the series.

Yep. A friend of my brother borrowed him a CD with shitloads of Snes roms, with the ZSNES emulator. Then I played the awesomeness that was FE4, when I was 10. That thing blew my mind away,but it was in japanese.

I played FE7 before ever seeing Roy or Marth in Super Smash Brothers. A friend of mine recommended the game to me, and I was immediately hooked :)

I didn't know about it before Melee

I actually thought fire emblem went like this

Roy is Marth's brother and Marth is a bad guy because he want's the power if ROy's sword

Don't ask ..... I was young and thought Roy > Marth

Little did I know

I only played fire emblem because a friend of mine played and I go hey, Roy's fathers game cool, lemme play anddddd that was it

I remember seeing something in some obscure gaming magazine about this 'Fire Emblem' game that was available in Japan only. I've forgotten which magazine it is since then, but I also remember that's how I found out about Mario and Wario. So then when Melee came around, I was all 'Fire Emblem? As in that thing I saw in that magazine once?' XD