New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Who exactly is this banner designed for though? 
People who hate Fates hate this banner.
People who like fates would rather have the characters that are missing added to the game rather than the 22nd royal sibling alt.
That just leaves Corrin and Camilla fans, catering to the fans of two characters while pissing off everyone else seems like a bad money making scheme. 

My favorite is Camilla, but if she wasn't on this banner, A banner with Mikoto and this art is still amazing for me. And even if it was only the two Corrin (I don't really like Corrin, but don't hate them) then okay, it will be a bit frustrating, but that art will save it anyway.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Beside Camilla it is almost a blood related banner only along with TT. Maybe people who like some wincest?

Edited by Stroud

10 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

People who like fates would rather have the characters that are missing added to the game rather than the 22nd royal sibling alt.

I'm a fan of Radiant Dawn, but I honestly wouldn't mind all that much if they just kept adding Mia and Nephenee alts and nothing else from the game.

I personally don't see any real difference between aversion to alts and the "why isn't my favorite character in the game yet?" sentiment. They're pretty much one and the same thing. If the banner doesn't contain a character the person wants, then the banner "sucks" "is the worst idea ever" and should burn in hell.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Feels like a bad reaction to women in general, if you put it that way.

There's really no way to know for sure until we get our fifth Xander.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

People who hate Fates hate this banner.
That just leaves Corrin and Camilla fans, catering to the fans of two characters while pissing off everyone else seems like a bad money making scheme. 

I'm waiting for other Fates characters as well, but I'll still gladly pull for another Camilla. (I'd like Corrin and Mikoto too, but I'm really low on orbs) Not everyone has a fit over alts and 3DS characters. I know plenty of people who are already interested in this banner, despite how vocal people disliking it have been. Just because it's not for you doesn't mean there's not people out there.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

And I'll be there to curb reactions, should they get out of hand.  I'm not a fan of how Peri was written, but if she has fans, they don't deserve to watch their favorite character get dumped on repeatedly.

It'd be nice if everyone just respected what everyone else likes, but unfortunately that's not often the case.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I see one of my favorite Fates characters, in something that doesn't flatter his figure.  But that's okay, I'll do my usual "grab a character off the banner and deal with it".  Camilla's a bit more valuable to me, since my only other tome flier that I'm willing to use is Nowi. . .who is -Atk.

Not interested in Aversa? Her tome is really fantastic. I think it's kind of funny we just had all 3 red tome fliers in the game available within the span of a week and now they suddenly drop a new one that's got a good chance of powercreeping them all (if S.Camilla creeping S.Corrin is any indication). Kinda sneaky putting Nowi and Tana up to pull on and then this right after.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Not interested in Aversa? Her tome is really fantastic. I think it's kind of funny we just had all 3 red tome fliers in the game available within the span of a week and now they suddenly drop a new one that's got a good chance of powercreeping them all (if S.Camilla creeping S.Corrin is any indication). Kinda sneaky putting Nowi and Tana up to pull on and then this right after.

I got really busy around the time Aversa showed up.  It would take 22,000 feathers to get her up to speed. . .and I also didn't like her too much as a character, either.

Honestly I actually really like this banner.

I’m know gonna get ridiculed here for this, but I actually really like alts, especially whatifs alts like this one. It gives a new perspective of the character and I just find that really, really cool. And I honestly don’t see why people ever hate alts in the first place. It doesn’t rob an original character’s place in the game. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this fandom is starting to feel like hivemind.

I love the creepy feel of this banner, and you can tell there’s something off with those characters.

Edited by Water Mage

Also, one thing I would like to take note of:

While it's certainly not a representative sample, I do have two coworkers that are not die-hard Fire Emblem fans, but still play Heroes casually, and one minnow friend that has only played Blazing Sword. As far as I can tell from my conversations with them (and the fact that one of them comes to me for banner advice pretty much every time there's a new banner), all three of them really just pull for things that are pretty and/or shiny.

I think, for a large part, ignorance really is bliss. Not knowing the series' roster from the main-series games means there isn't anyone you're really hoping for gets released, and that basically just means the only things that are there to be disappointed with are things that do get released (art, skills, etc.) and not things that didn't get released (characters, etc.).

I think we see things through our own limited lenses a bit too narrowly when trying to evaluate how well a banner will sell.

That said, I do think the developers are being too conservative with their character choices. If I were the person handling character planning for banners, the first thing I'd do is go through the CYL votes and plan some (possibly contrived) way to put the top dozen or so characters that are not yet in the game on a banner in the second half of the calendar year (if they aren't already planned for earlier). Farfetched Heroes banners really shouldn't be a thing. Every new-character banner in the second half of the year really should have at least one new character from the top dozen or so characters not yet in the game. Devoting a single banner to that purpose and calling it a day is a half-assed cop-out. (EDIT: This is a themed banner and I think that can be exempted from the new character rule since we don't get these kinds of banners often at all.)

That all being said, I'm going to once again stare at how pretty all of the characters in this banner are before going to bed. They are all very, very pretty.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m know gonna get ridiculed here for this, but I actually really like alts, especially whatifs alts like this one. It gives a new perspective of the character and I just find that really, really cool. And I honestly don’t see why people ever hate alts in the first place. It doesn’t rob an original character’s place in the game. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this fandom is starting to feel like hivemind.

I love the creepy feel of this banner, and you can tell there’s something off with those characters.

There's something off about male Corrin in that dress, 'cause he's prettier than me. :P:

Those that have the most reason to complain will do so.  The rest of us. . .probably won't.  But I find that complaining about this game is rather pointless.  If it truly gets on my nerves, I'll play something else.

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I'm pretty interested in the young Azura, since that would be something completely new for an existing character. Valla and Azura's backstory could sure use a little fleshing out, after all. The whole setting for the banner is actually pretty cool.

Say what you want about the character choice, but this by far the prettiest Camilla has looked IMO. I'm half tempted to pull for her just because she looks pretty, has the Hoshidan Cards, and my Summer Tana is Minus ATK.

Plus, for those mad about Azura getting another alt: at least she's free and a free refresher is a good refresher.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I pointed this out when legendary Lucina happened. It wasn't well-received.

Surely it has nothing to do with women having the most alts by coincidence. People just hate females.

2 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Surely it has nothing to do with women having the most alts by coincidence. People just hate females.

You joke, but I'm serious. I guarantee you male characters would never get the same kind of vitriol.

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

The timing though.. is horrible.

There was never going to be a good timing. People hate 3DS era & Fate that much.

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

People complaining about more Fates in general, just because Intsys is unwilling to add the right units. We are still missing some key members of the Birthright cast, like Rinkah, Orochi and Scarlet that would have looked great on a banner. But now even if they are added somewhere down the line, people will just complain about more Fates, because they've been drowned in a bunch of unnecessary alts before that. ugh

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I think it's more your vocality about it, it makes people go dang, that guy ain't afraid of no one on here. I like Camilla too, and I don't really care about her getting more alts, I just prefer to stay quiet about it because I've been blasted elsewhere for not hating her fanservice guts.

Yea, I guess it just wouldn't be a Fire Emblem fanbase without someone giving people grief on what they like 

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Does... does anyone like this banner at all? I'm partial to it...

As a matter of fact I do. I wanted a manakete M!Corrin for the longest time & now there's more colorless units even if it's just one. I'm only disappointed that F!Corrin's alt is still a manakete.

2 hours ago, I'm a Spheal said:

This thread and the Reddit page of people sending e-mails to IS could give r/gamingcirclejerk a plentiful amount of content. Maybe it's because my attitude with the game is me pretty much saying; "whatever man". I like Fates and I like the art, I'm happy.

That's sure is a nice mindset to have. I wish I could do that

2 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

As much as I love Camilla and the art, I've got to pass on this banner. I'll try to pick them up when they appear again. At least a free dancer :D I love dancers.

It's going to really really suck if Azura wasn't a dancer.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah except there's a good chance those people aren't even going to come back at all if IS keeps this up. In other words, that channel tomorrow better be good for IS's sake.

If that's all that it took than they should've quit awhile ago.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Frozen Reptilian Serpent plz

It was Over 8000

I understood that reference

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

Salt. My precious salt. Thanks for providing it everyone.

Also I love this banner take my money IS.

An even better mindset to have.

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Wow.

They should not advertise it as a new heroes banner if it's to be everything like a seasonal one. I'm hurting with disappointment.

(Will still fish for Mikoto) 

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

It's another Fates banner. With three Alts. Three. IT'S NOT SEASONAL!!!

This is a steaming pile of garbage if I have seen one.
My conspiracy theory is that IS is working together with Blizzard for worst disappointments of the year. *takes tin hat off and throws it into hell*

Good grief, FEH is nowhere as bad some of the modern day video game scam

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

>IS adds Lyn #5
>mass downvoted trailer and community outcry
>IS doesn't care, adds Lucina #5
>downvoted and outcry
>IS doesn't care and adds Camilla #5
>downvoted and outcry

Barring some massive player hemorrhaging directly due to it, which doesn't seem to actually happen despite all the complaints, I don't think they'll stop any time soon with this pattern. Their closest thing to a reaction has been just letting people know other banners aren't totally forgotten about, but they're a ways off. I guess Xander is next to hit #5 since he's got a fair chance at a legendary alt.

You forgot to mention the double standards that comes with that.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

The Banner is interesting in concept, hell I dont even mind the 2 Corrin alts. The entire theme of them being puppets in Valla leaves a creepy vibe to it all and would be a fun banner.

Problem is, as was the same with Fates itself, great concept. Bad execution. Again, the two Corrin arent bad, but Camilla was definitely not needed, and I am honestly iffy on Mikoto. Arete was a good option for this banner, as was a Gunter alt if they wanted to go for 3 alts. Sumeragi could have also worked. Scarlet as some have brought up. There were several good options here, unfortunately we got another Camilla. Which sucks, because I dont mind the idea of another Camilla alt, she just needs to be on alt banners that make sense, not stuff like this.

My other issues are the designs themselves. Corrin using Azura's dress wasnt bad or anything, but everyone is wearing it. I guess they are trying to use it as an example of Vallite clothing, but that doesnt make any sense given Azura was raised in Hoshido and her dress was likely Hoshidan. But that isnt the issue. The issue is that everyone is wearing the same outfit. I think if they changed Male Corrin's outfit to something different, maybe more of a proper robe, and if we absolutely had to have Camilla maybe somekind of other type of dress or maybe even Vallite armor of somekind. Would have been far more interesting.

Overall, great concept. Bad execution. Also, filler as all hell. This is definitely just buying them some time for something else. Considering this was something that seemingly would have normally been announced during the Feh channel tomorrow, leaves an interesting situation.

Even if Camilla wasn't there, people would still be hating on this banner because it Fate. Doesn't matter when they were going to release it.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

We'll have to see how this banner does in sales. If plenty of people still whale for waifu alts then the dislikes alone won't be enough to change things. It hasn't stopped them yet.

Is there a site where they tell you how much a banner sold?

40 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I know that everyone will complain about this banner. Sometimes when I like a banner, seeing people complaining make me sad. Not this time. It is my dream banner, and the first banner ever where I'm going to summon every orbs, every time. The art is amazing, and this Camilla is just pure perfection (she's my main target because I found her so beautiful that I really was about to cry, she's my favorite character). I wanted Mikoto for a long time. This banner really is perfection to me.

Once again, another nice minset to have.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Is there a site where they tell you how much a banner sold?

I can't remember what the site was called, but there was one that tracks in-app sales for NA that people were using to gauge banner performance. Don't know if there's anything for JP. I think it's something you had to be a member to view, and people were using the charts taken from it to see roughly how much FEH was making overall during different banner periods. Off the top of my head I remember reading the Lene banner did quite well, while the Thracia banner seemed to be the lowest performing of the year.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

You joke, but I'm serious. I guarantee you male characters would never get the same kind of vitriol.

I totally remember how hated Hector was when he came out as a legendary.  People complained about having way too many Hector alts.

Oh, wait, that was mostly around his axe.  Though I think a count of the likes/dislikes around his legendary intro video would be a good indicator IMO.

IMO it's a double standard, and one that needs to be called out.

This banner is underwhelming and an easy pass for me. Wouldn't be surprised if there's going to be no demotes on this banner. 

The art is nicely done. Mikoto is gorgeous and I like the detached sleeves. Camilla is pretty and looks elegant. If she does end up getting another alt, I'd like her outfit to be something like this (regal but more battle practical). M!Corrin is alright but I would have preferred if they picked a different artist. F!Corrin is decent. 

I like their attack poses with the exception of F!Corrin's (hers is meh) and Camilla's to an extent (it's fine but kind of boring). 

In terms of art (IMO) in descending order: #4 F!Corrin, #3 M!Corrin, #2 Camilla and #1 Mikoto with M!Corrin and Camilla's places being interchangeable. 

So the new skills are:

• Draconic Rage
  • Flash+ (although same as Candlelight+)
  • Book of Dreams
  • Rally Atk/Spd+
  • Atk/Res Link 3 (only Spd/Def link missing now)
  • Null Follow-Up 3

People dislike this banner because of IS not releasing a Binding Blade banner for nearly two years at all and Fates getting 4 banners in the span of 1 year. And I guess underrepresentation of some games despite Fates having the most characters at launch and the highest amount of banners tied with Echoes, which didn't have any characters at launch. And I guess getting another Fates banner so soon as well. It's like what? a little bit over month

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

• Null Follow-Up 3

I really hope they rerelease this skill in the next few months, but on a character I actually like. 

It pulled off skipping Summer Noire, I'll definitely go for +10 Mikoto (if she demotes, not pulling for her). The fact that she compliments my Raven/Karla/Fjorm Infantry team is perfect. Might even go for a Loki to get the Duel skill in the future.

2 minutes ago, TheWill said:

I imagine if it was Chrom, male Robin or Xander, they would. 

You think so?

If just looking at the like/dislike ratio of the YouTube videos, Xander's 4th alt didn't get any noticeable hate. Neither did Chrom's. I don't remember there being too much hate going around for them, either. People were really just memeing Chrom's "I'm being helpful!" and noticing that colorless dragons were coming.

Hector's 3rd alt - but 4th known, since Brave Hector was coming - wasn't perfect, but nowhere near the likes of Lyn's or Lucina's, nor this current one. It's especially unfair in Lucina's case, whose most recent alt had been 11 months prior, and it was her Brave alt at that, whereas Hector had rather recently gotten a seasonal alt.

• Beautiful art? Nice
  • Dragon M!Corrin? Nice
  • Permanent pool? Nice
  • 4/5 alts? Ouch
  • No colorless Camilla?
  • Another Camilla and another Azura? Ouch (even if I like both)
  • Whale skills? No surprise
  • 0-Follow up looks interesting, but no HP condition? 
  • Another Paralogue instead of book III? Ouch
  • Possibility to save orbs? Nice
2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Are we also getting Legendary Xander dressed as Azura this month for the legendary banner?

That will be the biggest reveal of the feh channel: Seasonal legendary heroes. 

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm... Can't help but wonder who Azura's going to be dressed up as. I can't see base Azura being the TT reward...unless she is? Hmm... Will she be...wearing some sort of combination of the Corrins', Camilla's, and Mikoto's regular outfits? I'm curious.

Well, the other units from the banner apparently robbed her wardrobe. She'll dress what's left.