MK404's Sprites and Sketches

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well see, if the new one is better, you should be able to point out how it's better. I already pointed out how it's worse.

The structure of the entire sprite is better than the old one. Yeah, the colors suck, but all that requires to fix is recoloring. Fixing the eye needs moving of 1 pixel.

I know these sprites are a bit old but:

Your breasts are... kinda off. Their shape and location on the torsos aren't exactly natural on most of the girls. Personally, I'd suggest just practicing on some anatomy (even if these sprites are 'stylized'!) to get a better understanding of how they're placed and shaped. I personally really like posemaniac (http://www.posemaniacs.com/?pagename=randompose)

It might help to even draw them naked first, and then put on clothes.

Iris, for example. Shirts don't really hug like that. Carol's left shoulder is dislocated and her breasts look like bad implants. Emy looks better than the others. I think Jenny's breasts are too high and her stomach area is too stiff and cylindrical. Humans aren't perfect shapes!

(Not a spriter, but I do doodle and sketch)

monkeymeet: Thank you. I don't post very often, I'm terrible with anatomy, and I'm hardly ever consistent with what I do or with what people tell me, but I appreciate the critique.

Linoan3C4C.gif

With some tips from others, I made some changes, now with 3 color and 4 color hair!

I particularly dislike the pale and dull colors, but what do I know about color or anything? I just draw this stuff... :/