MK404's Sprites and Sketches

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one took a while to finish, on and off.

MaryFN.gif

Looking back at the three Mage girls I have(Jenny, Carol, and Mary), I could really dig Carol's and Jenny's designs, but Mary's felt more of the same. So, I decided to change her design up a bit. Where Carol was the cute one and Jenny the balanced, Mary's the (no pun intended being a Fire Mage)hot one. I decided to get that point across. This design's mot too different from the one I had before, but, IMO, Mary looks much better.

Hopefully a bunch of people will use her now in A Sacred Dawn...

JuDance.gif

As usual, good anatomy skillz.

No offense, mk404, but Julie looks a bit...endowed for a girl her age. :lol:

What? Look at May in Pokémon. She's practically the same and she's only 10. If anything, Julie's an early bloomer is all.

bonestorm: That won't happen unless I'm extremely bored.

This one nagged on me while I was doing some work on ASD.

TaraFull.gif

I didn't think that my sketch of Tara did her justice, so I opted for a full body this time and this happened.

Awesome. Nice staff design as well.

I don't know what to say about this one, but...

JuDance.gif

Julie's now a dancing queen, in her casual clothing.

I took the pose Feena used in one of her TC arts and applied it here, more or less.

Sweet!

This one took a while to finish, on and off.

MaryFN.gif

Looking back at the three Mage girls I have(Jenny, Carol, and Mary), I could really dig Carol's and Jenny's designs, but Mary's felt more of the same. So, I decided to change her design up a bit. Where Carol was the cute one and Jenny the balanced, Mary's the (no pun intended being a Fire Mage)hot one. I decided to get that point across. This design's mot too different from the one I had before, but, IMO, Mary looks much better.

Hopefully a bunch of people will use her now in A Sacred Dawn...

Nice! That's hot indeed!

Julie's quite the graceful dancer at 14.

Indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

And so the school season kicks in again. I won't be starting college until January, though.

Sketches this time 'round, one that I never got to show and one that I started months ago and only finished now.

The one that I didn't get to show was Emy; she had the privelidge of being the last sketch in my older sketchbook before I got my current one, but I never uploaded it because of that book's condition.(waterlogged, for those that don't remember)

The one I just finished was Miyuki Itsumi, Shion's friend and creator of her weapon in the Xenosaga series.

And so the school season kicks in again. I won't be starting college until January, though.

Sketches this time 'round, one that I never got to show and one that I started months ago and only finished now.

The one that I didn't get to show was Emy; she had the privelidge of being the last sketch in my older sketchbook before I got my current one, but I never uploaded it because of that book's condition.(waterlogged, for those that don't remember)

The one I just finished was Miyuki Itsumi, Shion's friend and creator of her weapon in the Xenosaga series.

Very nice sketches, MK.

• 3 weeks later...

In a spritin' mood now.

Got three full bodies this time.

JessFull.gifJessCasFull.gif

Both of these are Jessica, that Falconknight in my FE7 ROM hack. The first is just her in her FK attire with my adaptation of the Tellius series Spear. The second is her party dress.

And, while I do prefer Mia:

JennaFull.gif

I do like Jenna a lot.

STOP BEING SO AWESOME! :o

Great job as always, MK404, but if I could just add, Jessica's curved arm looks a bit weird. The problem might not look so bad on her party dress, but in the Falcoknight body, it looks just like a macaroni shell. :awesome:

It's been a (long) while... Glad to see a familiar face.

Jenna:

The center line of her top is off too far to our right. It could go maybe 2 or 3 pixels farther left.

The head of her staff is a bit... dull, maybe. Currently looks a bit too flat, like cardboard.

Her face makes her look a bit too old. (She's 15, right?) Also, the back of her head could be moved left by 1 or 2 pixels.

Mary:

Her head is skewed. From the nose up, the left (our pov) edge of her face should be a much steeper line, and the position of her eyes should be adjusted to accommodate it.

Julie:

Her right (the one pointing up) upper (anatomic use of "upper") arm is far too long. The upper edge of her upper arm should be less concave where the deltoid and biceps meet.

Also, I love the hair.

Forgive the shortness of this post. I'm on vacation in Europe and my parents have been dragging me around from museum to museum like a rag doll. I'm tired...

EDIT: Block paragraphs don't look good with 1-line "paragraphs"... This formatting doesn't look good either...

Edited by Ice Dragon

Mageknight would you mind making a tutorial on spriting? unless if there is one in this site, otherwise your sprites look great I like how they almost look like a FE developer would make a sprite.

Mageknight would you mind making a tutorial on spriting? unless if there is one in this site, otherwise your sprites look great I like how they almost look like a FE developer would make a sprite.

And post it in the pinned topic once it's finished, if you do make one, ok? :3

• 2 weeks later...

Do you accept payment for sprite requests?

I'm asking because I need somebody to sprite for a FE hack, and, well, it'd be quite unreasonable to make you do 60+ [bosses included] custom mugs for free.

Don't get started on them right away because I need time to get a credit card and set up a paypal account, but I'm just asking ahead of time.

I gotta agree with april, thats nuts and it's lazy, make your own faces!

Um, If I COULD, I WOULD. It's not that hard to believe that some people can't do full custom mugs.

Furthermore, I asked MK404, not you, so let him answer me. If he's not up to it, the only thing he has to say is "no".

Edited by Athena's Chest

To be totally honest, I wouldn't accept payment were I to do it. I'd do it for free out of kindness.

As it stands, though, I have way too much work to even consider such a task. I never take requests anymore out of the fact that I'll just forget about the deed eventually. So, I can't do it.