MK404's Sprites and Sketches

Mage Knight 404

Time to break the mold.

Ever since I was a kid, drawing was my thing and I plan it to be my calling card in life someday. Right now I'm nowhere near the level of epic other artists are, even some local ones around these parts, but, hey. I do this thing for the fun of it all.

Currently, I do a set of three types of sketches. First, character. Here's two: Julie and Megan are my first for you to see.

Then, there scenes from other games and such, but I don't have any I'd like to show at the moment. Maybe I'll draw something from Valkyria Chronicles or something.

Then, I've got randomness from the blue. How about Leena and Mia hacking at each other in Final Destination? Want to watch Linoan play some Super Mario Galaxy?

Up for a game of Mario Party with a twist? Bombs Away!

Speaking of Mario Party, Ruby learns why Chance Time is evil.

Hope you guys like what I've got. :o

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you can do instead of inking is mess with it a little in Photoshop (or something similar) until it gives you a pure white background and black lines. Heck, I could always do it for you easily enough if you don't have Photoshop. They're good sketches though!

I came in here because I wanted to say that your Mia sprite makes me happy. I have such love for Golden Sun. Have you ever made an Isaac sprite? Not requesting, just wondering.

Violet: I have The GIMP and I'd love to learn how to do something like that.

Now, time for a full body that I worked on for a full week. Gotta get into character first...

I summon...

DMGFull.gif

Dark Magician Girl! In Sprite Mode!

I picked up my old copy of Yu-Gi-Oh!: Forbidden Memories, as I have never beaten it, and in doing so got into a Yu-Gi-Oh! mood. So, I hope the fanboys will end my misery now.

Heather....Myriah??? What??? Where did you come up with such a last name?? That aside, I like it.

Names are not my strong suit. Myriah was actually thought of from the TearRing Saga character, Meriah; just change a letter and voila. =P

Names are not my strong suit. Myriah was actually thought of from the TearRing Saga character, Meriah; just change a letter and voila. =P

...I see. I like the Dark Magician Girl sprite, too. In fact, that's one of my favorite cards there.

I vaguely recall that you were working on a DMG full body sprite before, but then again I may not and I'm imagining it.

Any who it is nicely done and kudos for the unedited version of DMG.

Another heapin' helping from me.

First, a sketch. Meet Isara, Welkin's kid sister in Valkyria Chronicles. Awe at the fact that she looks like Laura, if you will. The sketch was partially done as a randomness bit during a Ustream session on Friday from YouTube user Sagemaster15, so I whipped it up quickly for him.

And now, well, gotta get into Yu-Gi-Oh! character again and pull a quote from the early parts of the show.

"Be reborn!"

BEWD.gif

"Blue-Eyes White Dragon!!"

Now, run in fear of its 3,000 Attack.

First, a sketch. Meet Isara, Welkin's kid sister in Valkyria Chronicles. Awe at the fact that she looks like Laura, if you will. The sketch was partially done as a randomness bit during a Ustream session on Friday from YouTube user Sagemaster15, so I whipped it up quickly for him.

And now, well, gotta get into Yu-Gi-Oh! character again and pull a quote from the early parts of the show.

"Be reborn!"

BEWD.gif

that dragon thing is freakin cool!

"Be reborn!"

BEWD.gif

Nice! :D

• 2 months later...

Because of the server error, a lot of my posts with my stuff went blah, so I'll just link to my Photobucket for those to catch up. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/RS0tO/

Anyway, see those full bodies here! No fee, admission's free! Image heavy, though.

First:

HibiDita.gif

Hibiki Tokai and Dita Leibely of the Vandread series, one of the few anime I actually like anymore.

Welkin.gif

My man, Welkin Gunther of Valkyria Chronicles, packin' his super load.

And now, for a rush of full bodies from FE4 to 10.

Before that, though...

Faval.gif

Faval, Brigid's son in FE4. I was debating to full body, but I got impatient and bored, so I left it at that.

Now, more 4:

MahnyaF.gif

Mahnya, Falconknight of Silesia and Fury's older sister.

5:

OlwenF-1.gif

Olwen, Mage Knight of Freege.

FE6 and 7 aren't important enough...

8:

LArachel.gif

L'Arachel, Princess of Rausten. I made her face match her OA more.

9:

MarciaF.gif

Marcia, Pegasus Knight of Begnion. Wanted to redo her face and this followed.

10:

MiaFE10F-1.gif

Mia, Swordmaster of the Greil Mercenaries. I asked Lord Glenn which FE girl he would like to see as a full body. He replied with this.

And finally, a sketch. Casual Carol in her various expressions.

I do appreciate her "Thunder-Douken" pose on the bottom left.

There you go.

Edited by Mage Knight 404

Hibiki's neck is not right and Dita's hip looks rather strange. Olwen's noise is too big (Mia's breast is also big but I like it that way) Except that, I like all of your pegasus riders (and L'Arachel)

Liberties were had.

MegMstrKnt.gif

Megan dons a Master Knight getup. The sword she's holding is the Barrier Sword from FE4.

Tried a slightly different way at shading. I do like the result.

Then again, I like this one in general.

Though your sketches are not of the highest standard I've seen, I am still rather envious. I was also really take by your L'Whatsherface full body sprite.

Any intentions on doing something with Jeager by the way. Let us not beat around the bush, he's hawt stuff. Smokin' hawt.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't done anything in a while, with LPing a lot.

A sketch, inspired by Carol's "Thunder-douken" pose in her sketch, as well as playing some Street Fighter IV and watching Cardcaptor Sakura on the side, Sakura taps in to a power of the Ansatsuken kind.

Gotta say, I had some fun with this one. Poor generic that felt the end of this one, though...

Edited by Mage Knight 404