Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Forget #FE! Why the f*ck are Cipher characters not in the poll? They were in Echoes, an official, mainline, Fire Emblem game!

Why do you hate Cipher so much, Heroes devs? Is it because they are the better crossover game?

Yeah, I forgot about cipher, bring them IS please! ^^

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Is it because they are the better crossover game?

Better crossover GAME yeah, better addon no. Poor Hasha no tsurugi (Joking)

No one want Hasha no Tsurugi? I think that I never saw someone wanting them.

Edited by Drakhis

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why Nintendo is so stubborn. I'm not trying to be a hater right now, but I think Nintendo might've done the Camilla alt for her to get a brave form. If that's the case then people would really try to get a +10 Camilla. But unless you are lady luck herself, you will have to buy a lot of orbs. I'm not trying to be one of those people, but does anyone else find it weird that they made the hostile springs during CYL 3 and by the time Hostile springs end, then the heroes will be selected. I don't know that is my opinion.

I agree about the lack of TMS characters. It's more upsetting that Smash got Tsubasa in the game as a Spirit, yet she isn't in FEH.

The day Touma and Ellie get in is the day I sell my kidney on the Internet to whale for them.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So? Ike is shown to be more popular than all of them. What's your point?

I don't know if it's still true. Hector became REALLY popular among the new fan, and he was always in the heart of the old fans. I think that he's as popular as Ike now. (Not more, but as much)

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I dunno about a groom Ike, he never canonically gets married.

Yes, because Sanaki and Lyn have canonical spouses. Also if you do LynXEliwood Ninian has no one to marry, so...

Honestly Caeda, Marth, Tharja and Cordelia are the only ones with a canonical reason to be on that banner. And the latter two just because Noire and Severa have to come from somewhere. And speaking of that, Priam also needs to come from somewhere which means Ike eventually got married.

Ike has better reasoning for being on a wedding banner than Ninian, Lyn, Sanaki and Charlotte.

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

I don't know if it's still true. Hector became REALLY popular among the new fan, and he was always in the heart of the old fans. I think that he's as popular as Ike now. (Not more, but as much)

It probably still is. Ike won most popular male in CYL1, and he had nearly the biggest team in the first CYL gauntlet (probably only losing to Lyn there, and that's debatable). Legendary Ike also won A Hero Rises, though part of that may be that he was just announced and was brand new.

5 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I really don't understand why Nintendo is so stubborn. I'm not trying to be a hater right now, but I think Nintendo might've done the Camilla alt for her to get a brave form. If that's the case then people would really try to get a +10 Camilla. But unless you are lady luck herself, you will have to buy a lot of orbs. I'm not trying to be one of those people, but does anyone else find it weird that they made the hostile springs during CYL 3 and by the time Hostile springs end, then the heroes will be selected. I don't know that is my opinion.

they did the same thing last year with erika

the result? she lost votes

so yeah, camilla seems to be the actual problem

While people are talking about Ike, Eliwood, and all. Eliwood needs a legendary alt. I mean come on Lyn the first lord the U.S. met, as in played with and Hector, a character who literally has a challenge connected to him, have legendary alts. But what about the third. It's like we have the three musketeers but one of them no one cares about so they become the two musketeers 

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yes, because Sanaki and Lyn have canonical spouses. Also if you do LynXEliwood Ninian has no one to marry, so...

Honestly Caeda, Marth, Tharja and Cordelia are the only ones with a canonical reason to be on that banner. And the latter two just because Noire and Severa have to come from somewhere. And speaking of that, Priam also needs to come from somewhere which means Ike eventually got married.

Ike has better reasoning for being on a wedding banner than Ninian, Lyn, Sanaki and Charlotte.

Ike, who has no marriage endings period, has better reasons than women who actually have options for marriage endings? How does that even make sense?

Sanaki though, I can't argue on that one. She was an awful choice for that banner, it should've been Elincia or Titania imo, if they had to include a Tellius female. Titania doesn't canonically get married, but she does fall in love...even if the feelings were never returned.

11 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

#FE don't feel "medieval", and I know that I will be like: "This feels strange."

But SWIMSUITS and BUNNY SUITS and SANTA COSTUMES and HALLOWEEN COSTUMES AREN'T EITHER!

Seasonals already break with "medieval" so hard, everyone back then if they wanted to swim just wore normal underwear or went in naked. Seasonals are ~77 characters now and are on track to be half of all new character banners this year.

And FE's designs, not to mention morality system and other things, have always deviated to some extent from accurate to medieval. It is only a token visage of the real thing.

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Forget #FE! Why the f*ck are Cipher characters not in the poll? They were in Echoes, an official, mainline, Fire Emblem game!

Why do you hate Cipher so much, Heroes devs? Is it because they are the better crossover game?

Oh, I'll take them too. Shade and Randal were so useful in SoV I would want them in regardless of personality, it's only returning the favor.

I'll take the FE6 manga characters and the FEW characters too. Spinoffs deserve entry!

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

I agree about the lack of TMS characters. It's more upsetting that Smash got Tsubasa in the game as a Spirit, yet she isn't in FEH.

The day Touma and Ellie get in is the day I sell my kidney on the Internet to whale for them.

TMS GOT ONE SPIRIT?! THERE IS A NAGA AFTER ALL!

And I'll second Touma- I've had him in my sig for so long now. And I'll second Ellie too. I want them all.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

The fact that wearing a fetish outfit has made Camilla the only side character

I wouldn't quite call her a "side" character. Not a lord, but not the same as Ralph. Fates, at least on the advertising, takes "royal family ensemble" approach, which in a sense expands who is a "main" character. Although Titania, Soren, and Frederick belong in a similar category as "not-lord important", and only one of these has gotten one alt; there have been many more "supporting mains" other than Camilla and the royal families of Fates.

2 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

but I think Nintendo might've done the Camilla alt for her to get a brave form.

When IS said the CYL2 results surprised them last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they imagined Camilla would be in the top 2, and Adrift Camilla was them fulfilling a contract they couldn't unsign.

-No evidence to support this though. Probably just a false speculation of my mind.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Nonono, don't feel bad about promoting the character you love the most. This topic lives thanks to people like you.

You are no more annoying than me with Tanith, Fire Emblem Fan with Brom, Cute Chao with Kent and... I forgot the name... That one guy who likes Galle.

Honestly I really hope to see more regular banners for Fates. There are siomany popular characters to add.

Now that you say it, somehow we just like to voice out our missing favorites. And I agree, I have nothing against a new Fate banner. Just let it be one with only characters who are missing. No Royals. We may see them anyway on a new seasonal banner again I guess.

8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ike doesn't really have this. He's not the type to willingly engage in seasonals but he's also not the type to be so unwilling that it becomes amusing. Seeing the sourpuss Catria or the proper Alfonse dressing up as bunnies was funny because you'd imagine them blushing up a storm over it and Leo makes his distaste for the beach pretty well known. Ike would just roll his eyes once but otherwise just partake without complaint. Ike lacks both extreme reactions which gives writers less to work with.

Or Hector with his Armards. I mean they could just using him on a festival banner and that he got lead by others into it with some trick, like promising him a strong opponent. I also think he was pretty popular for other characters and had his appeal. And he also likes to eat, so they can make something up about him just wanting to taste the hoshidian cuisine or something like that. He may be hard to work with, but if you search for something you may find something he fits a bit.

Random thing. Anna is an important character in FE. Where is one alt for her!? I mean Alfonse and Sharena got one and not to be a hater, I think they got one because Nintendo couldn't think of anyone else at that moment. That was Anna's moment to shine. But no. 

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? Ike is shown to be more popular than all of them. What's your point?

I was just pointing out facts cause you said 'More popular males' which would be presumed that there is more than just Ike that's popular than just those 4 you mentioned. Calm down, Ike will get his chance eventually.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yet IS were the ones that wanted Ike in Smash, Sakurai just went along with it, IS keeps having lore say Ike is the mightiest/strongest hero, and they made Ike the first non-OC legendary hero. It always seemed like they had SOME bias for him over other lords. And yet they gave seasonals to Hector, Roy, Ephraim, and Chrom instead out of the popular males.

I dunno about a groom Ike, he never canonically gets married. Not sure about Halloween either. I'd like to see a summer or Christmas Ike.

At least for Valentine Roy and Hector, they have confirmed love lives. Even if Hector was just there to fight, he needed a woman to produce Lilina. Roy, well, has a huge support harem and Lilina is his first choice wife. I didn't finish the Tellius game, but Ike never was much of a lover, right?

First Winter Banner was all Awakening. 

They felt Fae and Cecilia were better choices for Ephraim's seasonal.

5 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

At least for Valentine Roy and Hector, they have confirmed love lives. Even if Hector was just there to fight, he needed a woman to produce Lilina. Roy, well, has a huge support harem and Lilina is his first choice wife. I didn't finish the Tellius game, but Ike never was much of a lover, right?

First Winter Banner was all Awakening. 

They felt Fae and Cecilia were better choices for Ephraim's seasonal.

I can accept Roy and Hector having been on the LA banner for that reason. But Chrom's gotten two seasonals now, and I think that Christmas Ephraim and Eirika could've been Ike and Mist/Titania/Elincia. I actually designed a Christmas Ike sometime ago myself where he's in a holiday themed outfit and wielding a giant chicken leg for his weapon. He didn't willingly take the chicken leg axe, but the mercenaries kinda got it for him. lol He feels weird, but knows it's a time to have fun and celebrate instead of worry about war. I'm sure Ike sometimes would like to take a breather from fighting and do something fun. It doesn't have to be all about fighting for him, even if he's a mercenary. Mia's a mercenary and loves to fight, but she put on a witch costume and stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

I just remembered that I voted for Patty this morning, the website deleted my vote. I strictly remember that because I went to my personal ballot to get the wallpaper and there she was. I thought I was going to do a fourth vote so I picked her brother, when I went to see if I could get the wallpaper on my PC. Patty was no longer vote number 3. Good to see my heroes summoning luck transferred to my votes.

Edited by TheWildestCat

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can accept Roy and Hector having been on the LA banner for that reason. But Chrom's gotten two seasonals now, and I think that Christmas Ephraim and Eirika could've been Ike and Mist/Titania/Elincia. I actually designed a Christmas Ike sometime ago myself where he's in a holiday themed outfit and wielding a giant chicken leg for his weapon. He didn't willingly take the chicken leg axe, but the mercenaries kinda got it for him. lol He feels weird, but knows it's a time to have fun instead of worry about war. I'm sure Ike sometimes would like to take a breather from fighting and do something fun. It doesn't have to be all about fighting for him, even if he's a mercenary. Mia's a mercenary and loves to fight, but she put on a witch costume and stuff.

Given how some of the seasonals have faded into irrelevance, it could be that an Ike seasonal is being saved for the next generation of powercreep. I don't think many will just pull for Spring Xander or Spring Camilla with the way the game is going now.

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Given how some of the seasonals have faded into irrelevance, it could be that an Ike seasonal is being saved for the next generation of powercreep. I don't think many will just pull for Spring Xander or Spring Camilla with the way the game is going now.

Well, that kinda would have to be the case anyway given the way powercreep is going, yeah.

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I honestly forgot about spring xander. Does anyone else believe that if enough heroes from one game get enough votes, that would be a new banner. I mean they aren't brave but hey new heroes.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't quite call her a "side" character. Not a lord, but not the same as Ralph. Fates, at least on the advertising, takes "royal family ensemble" approach, which in a sense expands who is a "main" character. Although Titania, Soren, and Frederick belong in a similar category as "not-lord important", and only one of these has gotten one alt; there have been many more "supporting mains" other than Camilla and the royal families of Fates.

When IS said the CYL2 results surprised them last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they imagined Camilla would be in the top 2, and Adrift Camilla was them fulfilling a contract they couldn't unsign.

-No evidence to support this though. Probably just a false speculation of my mind.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the best term for her would be. Secondary character? Supporting character? Not a lord, but one of the lord's most prominent allies. She's scored better than any of the others, and everyone knows why.

Interesting idea about Adrift Camilla. I don't know enough about the planning to tell if it's likely, but it sounds possible.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ike, who has no marriage endings period, has better reasons than women who actually have options for marriage endings? How does that even make sense?

Okay, but you ignored my point about Priam. How do you explain him if a Groom Ike never existed.

Do you think Ike had him with a random prostitute in Valm and then abandoned the continent?

But Priam has Ragnell with him, so that means Ike recognized him as an heir. Which means he recognized that he impregnated the woman, which means they absolutely had a shotgun wedding, because Ike wouldn't be a coward that escapes from his responabilities.

Unless the woman died of childbirth...

IS can you put Priam in the game already, so we can have some actual answers?

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Okay, but you ignored my point about Priam. How do you explain him if a Groom Ike never existed.

Do you think Ike had him with a random prostitute in Valm and then abandoned the continent?

But Priam has Ragnell with him, so that means Ike recognized him as an heir. Which means he recognized that he impregnated the woman, which means they absolutely had a shotgun wedding, because Ike wouldn't be a coward that escapes from his responabilities.

please, let's forget about priam

just, please

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Firstly, Priam isn't Ike's kid, he's waaaaaaay further down the line. Second, whether or not Ike married somewhere down the line, it doesn't change the fact that those ladies have marriage endings and he doesn't.