Videl, Jiren, Gogeta Blue, Super Broly confirmed for Fighterz

Jedi

Cool. Can't wait until half of the portraits on the character select screen have padlocks on them.

Fighting game developers all seem to be really shameless these days.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Cool. Can't wait until half of the portraits on the character select screen have padlocks on them.

I mean, what's the solution here?

Develop a new, 60$ game that's just a roster update? Or just never address popular characters that aren't in the game?

It'd be one thing if they were just selling skins, but these are full characters.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

I mean, what's the solution here?

Develop a new, 60$ game that's just a roster update? Or just never address popular characters that aren't in the game?

Or you know, don't put characters on the character selection screen that the player's hasn't actually bought. It's not hard. Heck, even this game already does this with the unlockable characters. 21 and the Blues do not appear on the character select screen until they are unlocked.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Cool. Can't wait until until the amount of padlocks on the character select screen grows to the size of half the rooster.

Complaining about characters people wanted after launch? Even if its the CSS, seems rather petty of a dislike.

Plus you seem to be forgetting there was an era where Capcom made like 15 versions of Street Fighter 2 at full price over and over.

Edited by IS Bath Salts HQ

1 minute ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

Complaining about characters people wanted after launch?

Plus you seem to be forgetting there was an era where Capcom made like 15 versions of Street Fighter 2 at full price over and over.

I am not complaining about any characters. I am complaining about ads running on the character select screen.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Or you know, don't put characters on the character selection screen that the player's hasn't actually bought. It's not hard. Heck, even this game already does this with the unlockable characters. 21 and the Blues do not appear on the character select screen until they are unlocked.

So you're JUST complaining about the UI of the game? That's what has you calling the developers "shameless"?

Guess there'll be two others in the season as well.

Gotta figure Videl's the closest I'm gonna get to a Mr. Satan being in this game unless they decide Jaco would be a good choice.  Still, I liked to play as Videl before in Budokai 3, the Budokai Tenkaichi games, and even DB XV.

1 minute ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

Beat me to the punch.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I am not complaining about any characters. I am complaining about ads running on the character select screen.

Oh boy, you'd absolutely hate most Android games, then.

And most EA games nowadays.  tbf, I kind of hate them too.

21 minutes ago, Slumber said:

So you're JUST complaining about the UI of the game? That's what has you calling the developers "shameless"?

I am complaining about ads, like I said. The UI only matters in so far in that it's the tapestry that Arc System places their ads on.

I guess if I were to point out the big ad banner in the main menu of Dota5, you would call that "complaining about the UI" too?

@Ertrick36

Well, from my understanding most mobile games do not have a entry fee of 60€.

Edited by BrightBow

Actually super hyped for this. Ever since smash came out I've been spending all my time with that and kind of dropped DBFZ, but the start of season 2 is a huge incentive for me to come back. I don't really have any problem with them continuing to add new characters- the game's so well put together that it won't need a full-fledged sequel for a long time. I don't really intend to play Jiren, but I'm all for Videl getting added. The game needs more women, and hopefully they can follow this up with Kefla, who would finally complete my dream team with Trunks and Bluegeta.

Didn't expect Videl of all people to make it these days. That's quite a pleasant surprise.

Also, the trailer gives me hopes that for once Videl will not go around bragging to everyone how she is the daughter of Mr. Satan. It's super out of character, seeing how she made no secret about hating her dad. Yet somehow it's a shockingly consistent trait the games give her, regardless of the developer.

Edited by BrightBow

On 28/01/2019 at 1:20 AM, BrightBow said:

Also, the trailer gives me hopes that for once Videl will not go around bragging to everyone how she is the daughter of Mr. Satan. It's super out of character, seeing how she made no secret about hating her dad. Yet somehow it's a shockingly consistent trait the games give her, regardless of the developer.

Early Videl was actually very proud of it and kept bragging about being the daughter of the champion and strongest man in the world, actually. It was only later after knowing Gohan that she changed.

It's funny when you look back at Early Videl and realize that today's Videl is a much different character. She became more mature, collected and supportive rather than staying the same spunky, rebellious girl. If there's something great about Dragon Ball, it's how the characters develop (Goku, not so much).

Anyway, as for FighterZ, I really liked the game but ehh fighting games have that tsunami of a skill gap and they require me to be Mozart and dedicate a lot to perform moderately. I'm not paying so much for a game I play casually with friends at best, but if the price drops, I'll be interested.

I think Videl was a weird choice, since Jiren would go so well with UI!Goku, which is very likely coming out later.

... Super Buu will never be added, right?

Edited by Rapier

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

Early Videl was actually very proud of it and kept bragging about being the daughter of the champion and strongest man in the world, actually. It was only later after knowing Gohan that she changed.

She wasn't. Any exposition about her being the daughter of Mr. Satan came from Eraza and Sharpner. I think there was a dub line in the Spopovich fight and one line in the second Broly movie which may have been a dub line. But that's as far as it gets.

Oh yeah, alternate costumes are apparently a thing now.

Edited by BrightBow