Anyone else not care much for alts

Emperor Hardin

26 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

As long as they are not on "new" heroes banner taking spots that could have gone to someone who was not in the game.  Looking at you mage Erika who should have been Knoll, Myrrh could have sold that banner by herself.  Then I can live with them being in the game even if they are too many for my tastes.

I feel the same way about Horse archer Lyn should've been Rath or Sue.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with alts if they weren't all of the same, like, five or so characters from three of the 15 games in the series.  Come on, spread the love more.  There are plenty more popular characters and even "sexy" ladies outside of Awakening and Fates that they could either bring into the game or give alts to.

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I feel the same way about Horse archer Lyn should've been Rath or Sue.

And it's the way I feel about Hinoka as a kinshi knight.  Should've brought in Reina instead.  Or heck, even Mozu would've been better, imo, even if that's not a class she's particularly known for.

Hmm, I actually generally like alts. And I love seasonals because every once in a while it's my favorite character dressed up out of the ordinary which I think is fun and silly and fitting this sort of mobile spinoff game with multiple universes.

I think my only real complaint is the LACK of new characters and how MANY alts we get. But I don't think alts themselves (or seasonals) are the issue. They just don't balance enough with new characters.

Also, I propose more NEW characters being added with seasonals (like how they did Charlotte) or Mikoto/Shigure with their respective banners. If we got at least one new character not in the game for every seasonal banner, I think I'd be a lot happier personally!

But no, overall, I really like the alts.

19 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

What can of worms?

There's a general consensus

I recall heated arguments about this in the past. Maybe the consensus has shifted as things have changed.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And it's the way I feel about Hinoka as a kinshi knight.  Should've brought in Reina instead.  Or heck, even Mozu would've been better, imo, even if that's not a class she's particularly known for.

Agreed on Reina. Although I do like Bow Lyn because I always felt she should get Murgleis in FE7. It's greenbow Lyn who gets my distaste (although substituting Lyn for Rath or Sue makes perfect sense).

Edited by Jotari

Not gonna lie. I don't mind alts.

In fact, I would take an alt of one of my favorite characters over a new character I don't give a crap about.

I honestly would mind alts so much, but so many alts have been added to the game within 2 years that I could honestly care less for them (unless they happen to be a character I really like, but just those two exceptions).  And before that, I had a problem with seasonal units, since so many seasonal banners come out each year, and it only seems like the number of seasonal banner will only increase. 

I remember with the first Easter banner, I was pretty excited to summon for there exclusive units; even though I honestly didn't care for most of them, it was still exciting to summon one.  With so many seasonal banners, with how these units will have some super powerful rare skill/weapon, they just become something so mundane, especially when all but one of them were exclusive to just two games of the entire series during the first year, one of which I really wasn't a fan of.  It got a little better during the year, but it still mostly consisted of Fates and Awakening, with only three seasonal banners excluding characters from those games.  What makes it even worse is the fact that Facts just can't seem to figure out that other units besides Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, Camilla, Azura, and Corrin exist.  What makes these banners even worse is that they usually consist of armor units...  Seasonal banners really aren't that interesting due to similar characters and unit types being used over and over again.

As for non-seasonals, they just kind of take up a spot on a banner that could of gone to a character who isn't in the game (poor Knoll lost his spot to Eirika), and some of these banners would just have 3 units, with one of them being an alt (such as the first Radiant Dawn banner).  And then there's the Adrift banner which was almost all alts (didn't help that they already had a bunch of alts at that point).

I feel that alts could be handled well, but so many of them get pushed out, with so many of them being the same characters, and so many of them are armor units.

. . .in other news, the water is wet, the sky is blue, and I'm not going to tolerate a topic that is a "is it just me or do I have a popular opinion" nonsense.