[SEMI-SATIRE THREAD] Generic Thread about how Fateswakening isn't that bad and how it still gets hate despise the fact that it really doesn't anymore.

Hanes

Hello! I am UserWhoJoined2HoursAgo and I want to talk about something controversial as a good way to start my foruming career. 

My first game was awakening and I think it's a fantastic game, then I forgot about it but don't pay attention to that, then I came back with Fates Birthright and I thought the game was so good, to everything from the story to the characters and even best waifu Kagero. But then I go and talk about it online and I am meet with strong hate by the elitists who still exist and it's totally real and they haven't died and the war only happened on the first day of Awakening (Let's ignore that last bit though, because this is generic thread about loving Awakening/Fates and demonizing all of those who dislike a single part of those games as elitists), these elitists were so mean to me they told me "Try out the 7th game, it's one of the best" and "Genealogy's story is probably the best, try it out" and this is so harassment when I overreacted by saying they were being mean to me they used 4chan telekinesis powers to track me down and beat me up IRL all for just playing awakening!!

There definitely is a divide in FE between elitists and casuals and those 2 aren't just extremely small minorites within the community, no there definitely IS a war going on right now between both sides and harassment still exists, but it all comes from the elitists, the casuals have done nothing wrong and have never been toxic. As far as I'm conerned, Elitists still exist because I've not been forced and mentally raped to not enjoy what I like doing best as on the examples above!!

Alright I'm done. The whole idea of this post is to talk about how exxaggerated the "FE community divide" is when it really hasn't existed since at most year 1 of Awakening and basically both the Elitists and Casuals don't exist anymore, also the fact that I point out the username as "UserWhoJoined2HoursAgo" is to represent the fact that topics such as these are made by so many people who joined recently and of course haven't seen the millions of other threads made by same-minded people that have talked about this thread and exposed the topic to Behind The Meme's levels of killing (I take recently at most around my join time which was on 2017 since forums haven't really packed a lot of history in a short timeframe since 2009-ish so there's not much change that has happened on the forum boards).

Now another thing you might notice is how I say "the casuals have done nothing wrong" in a sarcastic tone to indicate that they have, what am I doing here?! Am I attacking those that like to play FE in a more relaxed way and those who play on casual? Am I becoming an elitist myself being fed by the dark tentacles of corruption within my heart and mind through hell and back??? (Lol how dramatic) Well no, I define Casuals in the opposite context of Elitists but in the same way I define them, so to me a Casual is one who believes his way of playing (Grinding EXP and Supports, playing on casual and believing the only good games are Awakening and after) is the best and everyone who doesn't do so is a hellspawn of satan, just like Elitists but the other way around with the same reactions of Casuals to those of opposite mind.

So really this whole thread is a Jane Austen-esque way of tackling a problem I see (through satire and sarcasm) and to elaborate further on by the people who comment below.

EDIT: Also elitists have gotten most of the hate but casuals (As I explained above) haven't so this is a change of pace. And no I'm not telling you how you should play, I know the temptation to strawman is big but don't do it. 

Edited by Critical Sniper

its not an exaggeration that fates (even if people liked it) is still the worst FE to date. Awakening was pretty good and i enjoyed it a lot. Could say pros and cons for both games. At the end of the day there still fire emblem games so they can still be enjoyable. 

1 minute ago, Zihark11 said:

its not an exaggeration that fates (even if people liked it) is still the worst FE to date. Awakening was pretty good and i enjoyed it a lot. Could say pros and cons for both games. At the end of the day there still fire emblem games so they can still be enjoyable. 

"Worst" is subjective.

I agree with that but I never stated that it wasn't (if I did it was through sarcasm). Awakening was fun it harbours some annoying Lunatic difficulty but on other difficulties it is fun.

Obligatory post saying that ACTUALLY, {insert title} is the worst title in the series and you should feel bad and/or stupid for liking it.

1 minute ago, ping said:

Obligatory post saying that ACTUALLY, {insert title} is the worst title in the series and you should feel bad and/or stupid for liking it.

ACTUALLY, BS FE is the worst title in the series, and you should feel bad and/or stupid if you even know what I'm referring to. :P:

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

"Worst" is subjective.

Fair.

4 minutes ago, Critical Sniper said:

I agree with that but I never stated that it wasn't (if I did it was through sarcasm). Awakening was fun it harbours some annoying Lunatic difficulty but on other difficulties it is fun.

ah gotcha. I never did get around to a harder difficulty in Awakening (Not enough time haha) 

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

ACTUALLY, BS FE is the worst title in the series, and you should feel bad and/or stupid if you even know what I'm referring to. :P:

It's even in the title BS!! Bull poo poo.

But that like can you even classify it as a game? It was more of a demo-ish thing so you can't really say.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

"Worst" is subjective.

Objectively it sort off is, the story is the worst out of all the FEs the balancing is the worst out of them all, the aesthetic is decent, the music is decent. If you add al of those up it doesn't surpass the other FE games. Being the worst isn't always bad though, like if you're the worst at the olympics then you're still pretty good because you're there. 

2 minutes ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

Good TED talk, not even sarcastic on that.

I'm also tired of the "Fe fans hate FE" narrative everyone seems to be pushing these days

Thanks! I was thinking I would be met with fierce retaliation.

Yeah it's so dumb, like if we hated FE we wouldn't be talking about it so much and playing it unless you suppose all of us have a masochysim (masochisym?) fetish.

ITS OBVIOUSLY BULLSHIT

Insistance that {game} is the worst in the series because {lord} does {stupid thing} and is {not | overly | more than the co-lord} (choose one) punished for it

1 minute ago, Critical Sniper said:

It's even in the title BS!! Bull poo poo.

But that like can you even classify it as a game? It was more of a demo-ish thing so you can't really say.

If VNs count as a game, I think BS FE counts!

1 minute ago, ping said:

ITS OBVIOUSLY BULLSHIT

Insistance that {game} is the worst in the series because {lord} does {stupid thing} and is {not | overly | more than the co-lord} (choose one) punished for it

Gaiden is the worst in the series because Alm and Celica do Bad Things to tangerines, and is not punished for it. :P:

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

ACTUALLY, you're wrong here! Why?

1. BS FE was the first to feature voice acting.
  2. BS FE was the first to feature online.
  3. BS FE was the first to have competitive scoring, without any silly tier rankings.
  4. BS FE let us play as Camus with very sexy growths. No other game has playable Camus, despite some peculiar lookalikes.
  5. BS FE doesn't overstay it's welcome. More than ten chapters makes me dislocate my jaw yawning about how much the story is being dragged along.
  6. BS FE has our only Bishop lord, our only Thief lord, and only Wyvern Knight Lord.
  7. BS FE introduced Frost, who I've discovered recently is the most terribly underrated FE character of all time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

ah gotcha. I never did get around to a harder difficulty in Awakening (Not enough time haha) 

It's ok not many people do I feel or they do but not seriously try to get past chapter 1 deathless.

Just now, ConquestVeteran said:

I prefer to ignore the small group of people who don't understand what opinions are, and decide for myself if a game is good or bad.

That's fair too really.

Just now, ping said:

ITS OBVIOUSLY BULLSHIT

BS FE lol.

Lol it's like coding for the Elitists and Casuals.

If.[Opinion.from.person]=same
then
Execute "You are my best friend".exe
if not then
Execute "You are literally Hitler".exe.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BS FE introduced Frost, who I've discovered recently is the most terribly underrated FE character of all time.

One cannot neglect his devotion to Marth's cause, he came a running as fast as he could to join you in New Mystery.

Also, Genealogy's the worst game in the series because it has incest and that's icky yucky gross.

The best game in the series is Fates Birthright because RGaYS2c.pngRGaYS2c.pngRGaYS2c.png

AAB9U9e.png

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also, Genealogy's the worst game in the series because it has incest and that's icky yucky gross.

The best game in the series is Fates Birthright because RGaYS2c.pngRGaYS2c.pngRGaYS2c.png

*Looks at Ephraim and Eirika and maintains a close watch* Uh yeah! Totaly!

I knew when I saw your name as one of the people watching this would have an Oboro reference somehow.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ACTUALLY, you're wrong here! Why?

1. BS FE was the first to feature voice acting.
  2. BS FE was the first to feature online.
  3. BS FE was the first to have competitive scoring, without any silly tier rankings.
  4. BS FE let us play as Camus with very sexy growths. No other game has playable Camus, despite some peculiar lookalikes.
  5. BS FE doesn't overstay it's welcome. More than ten chapters makes me dislocate my jaw yawning about how much the story is being dragged along.
  6. BS FE has our only Bishop lord, our only Thief lord, and only Wyvern Knight Lord.
  7. BS FE introduced Frost, who I've discovered recently is the most terribly underrated FE character of all time.

BS FE gave voiced lines to every single person in the Archanean prison. . .except Tomas. Hence why it's the worst FE.  Hands down.

Ah yes how my little mind work back in the yee old days of 2015. I’ve since evolved and transcended beyond that of such trivial mindedness by understanding that people do in fact have different tastes. It has enlightened me beyond my years. It was only after three rigorous years of fighting on those scorching battlefields of the waifu wars through which despair reigned that I fled to the snowy mountains and meditated for several months in order to achieve this ultimate state of being.

too much? I don’t even know what I just typed.

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Ah yes how my little mind work back in the yee old days of 2015. I’ve since evolved and transcended beyond that of such trivial mindedness by understanding that people do in fact have different tastes. It has enlightened me beyond my years. It was only after three rigorous years of fighting on those scorching battlefields of the waifu wars through which despair reigned that I fled to the snowy mountains and meditated for several months in order to achieve this ultimate state of being.

too much? I don’t even know what I just typed.

Excuse me Wat DO Fak?

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

AAB9U9e.png

Who is that, Slime Garon's daughter? My Dusk Dragon she is just a blurry mess!

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

One cannot neglect his devotion to Marth's cause, he came a running as fast as he could to join you in New Mystery.

He was MAN enough to betray evil for justice on his own. Unlike so many others who coulda shoulda woulda, but don't. Purrceval, Renzo, Doug, Horace, T-ro, Xav, Josh, Mat. Of course, Archanean Chronicles in New Mystery RUINED this, which so weird, because they didn't mess anything else up in the main plot.

BS FE gave voiced lines to every single person in the Archanean prison. . .except Tomas. Hence why it's the worst FE.  Hands down.

You clearly miss the subtle clues which make it apparent everyone else is mute and he was ventriloquism-ing their thoughts aloud as they wished he do. He was too busy tweaking his voice a thousand ways to do that so he couldn't speak using his own voice. Therefore, you do not truly appreciate Archanea for missing such obvious indicators.