Nephenee

She's quiet and shy. That doesn't mean she's emo. In PoR, she was ashamed of her country accent and didn't talk to others much because of it. It takes a lot more than that to be emo (see: I-don't-want-me-to-be-your-friend-because-I'm-not-worth-it Soren).

She's a fantastic unit with the best availablity of the lancers. I often use her. Although I recently took a HUGE liking to Aran, and so use him instead. IMO, they're about equal if you can be bothered with a slightly-underlevelled Aran in Part 4. And less speed.

Also, Nephenee's shyness just adds to her charm!

My problem with Aran is that he's a member of the crap brigade, so using him on a non-easy PT would mean he aborbs EXP from units I prefer to train. Plus, he's super slow... and that hurts him in the first part unless you BEXP abuse him to death.

Nephenee comes in rather fragile, but atleast she can double right off the bat.

I haven't done a PT yet where I haven't brought her along. Her with a wishblade is... just insane to endgame enemies.

This post is made of 100% win (and truth for me)

My problem with Aran is that he's a member of the crap brigade, so using him on a non-easy PT would mean he aborbs EXP from units I prefer to train. Plus, he's super slow... and that hurts him in the first part unless you BEXP abuse him to death.

Nephenee comes in rather fragile, but atleast she can double right off the bat.

Actually, Aran is an awesome addition to the Dawn Brigade chapters. 75% of the units in those chapters are extremely frail, and having a tank is exactly what they need. It's not absorbing EXP if it's being put to good use.

Nephenee can't take a hit early on, and that's a hinderance, imo.