March 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rinco said:

Can we guess the element of the Mythic by the season or is it too early for it yet? 

Not with any confidence. It will be Astra/Anima season when it rolls around, but that's probably not a good indicator since those seasons don't work like the Legendary seasons.

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

I suppose it's also possible that they cycle through Book II units again, but that mostly just fills out red and green. I definitely expect reruns of colorless some time soon though, cuz we've been getting like 1 new colorless per month (counting regular 5* and seasonals).

The more I think about this banner, the less likely I'll put many orbs into it unless there's an Astra hero. I only spent 15 orbs on January's banner, which was nice since I could save for February, and I'd like to be able to do that again for April/May.

Looking at the next few months of colorless, I'd expect something like:

• March: Eir, Halloween Mia, Brave Veronica
  • April: [NEW LEGENDARY], Winter Eirika, Leanne
  • May: Duma, NY Laevatein, Velouria
  • June: Legendary Robin, HS Sakura, ???

And by then we'll probably have more new colorless. I wouldn't expect issues before July, maybe later depending on how often they rerun Brave Veronica and if they ever give us two colorless elemental heroes in one month.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

• March: Eir, Halloween Mia, Brave Veronica
  • April: [NEW LEGENDARY], Winter Eirika, Leanne
  • May: Duma, NY Laevatein, Velouria

And by then we'll probably have more new colorless. I wouldn't expect issues before July, maybe later depending on how often they rerun Brave Veronica and if they ever give us two colorless elemental heroes in one month.

Hmm yeah, you're right, and I forgot about Sakura entirely

48 minutes ago, Tree said:

This seems likely to me. I would guess green dragon flying as the type and astral for the blessing.

I hope not. 3 out of the mythic/legendarys are dragons. Meanwhile Staves and Tomes are underrepresented

On 3/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, Othin said:

my orbs, that's what. 

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I hope not. 3 out of the mythic/legendarys are dragons. Meanwhile Staves and Tomes are underrepresented

With mythics being a thing, dragons aren't stopping anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I am aware, but there is a possibility to avoid dragons for a while. Athos, Micaiah etc.

March's mythic is expected to be green. I don't know any plausible green non-dragon mythics.

(Lewyn does not count as plausible.)

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

March's mythic is expected to be green. I don't know any plausible green non-dragon mythics.

Sadly, I think you're right. Unless they go for a hero of ancient yore (which is bound to be a bore) or an OC, Breath is almost certain. Although one alternative would be to make Ravager!Formortiis!Lyon (Ravager is his Def-targeting punching skill) a Green Beast, and by Grima non-tomes of pure darkness can be non-Red.

As for Forseti-Lewyn, well that you can't see a difference is important to hiding the dragon god's presence as a character. But yes, this does undermine him as a possibility.

Honestly, even from ancient yore the pickings aren't great for Green. Offhand you only have Ced, Nier, Durban, and maybe Hanon as options, and only one of them gets any meaningful focus and it's barely at that. Unless they really want to dig deep IS may want to make an OC or get creative with their other options because otherwise they're stuck with dragons.

@Interdimensional Observer Durbans or Neir could be pretty cool, at least IMO. I would toss in Hanon, but odds are she'd just be too similar to powercreep Brave Lyn. Same with Forseti and Lewyn/the inevitable Ced. Heck, maybe they could do something crazy and have Cartas with who knows what or Iote with a pimped out Hauteclere. Grado wouldn't be a terrible choice either, what with Garm being one of his weapons. Obviously, most of them would be borderline OCs since they have so little about them, but they'd be a nice peak into the lore and would open up some non-dragon options.

I personally am still holding out hope that by some insane chance it's Gustav so I don't have to wait until the end of book 3 to fail to get him as unlikely as he is.

8 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I personally am still holding out hope that by some insane chance it's Gustav so I don't have to wait until the end of book 3 to fail to get him as unlikely as he is.

I hope not. If he's eligible for mythic hero, then the standards will be low enough for IS to give an alt to whatever popular character they deem fit. 

11 hours ago, Othin said:

Hel. She's an axe flier. If her daughter fits, so does she. 

Edited by Icelerate

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I hope not. If he's eligible for mythic hero, then the standards will be low enough for IS to give an alt to whatever popular character they deem fit. 

Hel. She's an axe flier. If her daughter fits, so does she. 

Like the Book 2 villains, Hel will likely join once the Book 3 story wraps up, not while it's in progress.

In addition, no characters who have appeared as story bosses without an element have later had their "normal" version appear as an elemental hero.

11 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Durbans or Neir could be pretty cool, at least IMO. I would toss in Hanon, but odds are she'd just be too similar to powercreep Brave Lyn. Same with Forseti and Lewyn/the inevitable Ced. Heck, maybe they could do something crazy and have Cartas with who knows what or Iote with a pimped out Hauteclere. Grado wouldn't be a terrible choice either, what with Garm being one of his weapons. Obviously, most of them would be borderline OCs since they have so little about them, but they'd be a nice peak into the lore and would open up some non-dragon options.

Oh, I'd take Power Without Peer, The Dragonhunter, The Fleshbiter, The Bonecrusher, The Skullbreaker, The Doombringer. He requires no rest in obscurity, he has no need for the idleness called not existing. His power unused is power wasted. Better for him to crash the game until its death than sit out and wait for it. Armads cares not what... he would join this game...

-That I just paraphrased most of The Berserker's limited dialogue is a sign I like him and his raw lust for battle, rarely seen in FE, particularly on a "good" guy. Sadly though, I think I'm an exception.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think Hel will only be available after Book III ends, after Hel... dies?

You mean after Hel's defeated by the power of love and friendship and then converted over to the intrepid heroes' side by a meaningful speech about said power of love and friendship.

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

You mean after Hel's defeated by the power of love and friendship and then converted over to the intrepid heroes' side by a meaningful speech about said power of love and friendship.

I'm honestly hoping there is an explanation for Hel's attacks. My hope is that she believes Askr is a threat to the natural order of existence, in that they have the power to traverse through space and time, literally able to meddle in affairs. Hell, characters like Sigurd, Quan, Ayra, people that have died, are brought into Askr, meaning that they are actually meddling into life and death itself. 

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm honestly hoping there is an explanation for Hel's attacks. My hope is that she believes Askr is a threat to the natural order of existence, in that they have the power to traverse through space and time, literally able to meddle in affairs. Hell, characters like Sigurd, Quan, Ayra, people that have died, are brought into Askr, meaning that they are actually meddling into life and death itself. 

Not a bad theory, but it sure seems to me like Hel's a psychopath (by the psychological definition of the word, not the layman's version, which is basically "crazy person.") That is, she's incapable of feeling other people's pain. Because of this, psychopaths often don't see anything wrong with hurting others, and are legitimately confused when people try to explain why it's a bad thing. She certainly seems to display this detachment from emotion in pretty much every interaction, except for a very sparse and shaky few. It's my theory that Eir's "role" to her mother is someone to "practice loving." Hel recognizes that there's something missing, and that that something is compassion. If only as a psychological exercise, she tries to simulate love until it becomes real, using Eir as the object of said love, but ultimately having been unable to synthesize this emotion thus far. As for Askr… Well, this is kind of the wrong thread for this, and I've explained my theories on the appropriate thread before. I'll put the short version here, and you can read my lengthier reasoning on the Book III thread: Gustav sealed Hel away and denied her his life, which is why he was specifically an aim of hers when Surtr was talking to her. Now, she's making him pay for all the years he's defied her.

As for staying on topic, I found an interesting thing in Aether Raids. The play a day rewards include both an Astral Blessing and a Dark Blessing. Could it be that we're getting 2 Mythic Heroes this time? If so, I'm guessing it's Ashera (Astral) and Yune (Dark.)

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

As for staying on topic, I found an interesting thing in Aether Raids. The play a day rewards include both an Astral Blessing and a Dark Blessing. Could it be that we're getting 2 Mythic Heroes this time? If so, I'm guessing it's Ashera (Astral) and Yune (Dark.)

Oh man, if this is what happens, then there go all my orbs. lol I did notice those blessings too though, so I definitely think we're getting either an Astral or Dark Mythic this time. Makes sense anyway, we don't have a Mythic of either one of those yet.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Not a bad theory, but it sure seems to me like Hel's a psychopath (by the psychological definition of the word, not the layman's version, which is basically "crazy person.") That is, she's incapable of feeling other people's pain. Because of this, psychopaths often don't see anything wrong with hurting others, and are legitimately confused when people try to explain why it's a bad thing.

So... like Peri and Henry?

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

She certainly seems to display this detachment from emotion in pretty much every interaction, except for a very sparse and shaky few. It's my theory that Eir's "role" to her mother is someone to "practice loving." Hel recognizes that there's something missing, and that that something is compassion. If only as a psychological exercise, she tries to simulate love until it becomes real, using Eir as the object of said love, but ultimately having been unable to synthesize this emotion thus far. As for Askr… Well, this is kind of the wrong thread for this, and I've explained my theories on the appropriate thread before. I'll put the short version here, and you can read my lengthier reasoning on the Book III thread: Gustav sealed Hel away and denied her his life, which is why he was specifically an aim of hers when Surtr was talking to her. Now, she's making him pay for all the years he's defied her.

That's an interesting case. Though she was aiming for Alfonse until Gustav intervened. But in the event that she is defeated, what other enemies will we end up encountering? Defeating her means that death itself has been conquered.

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I dunno why Astral would be Ashera when there's a Light Blessing already, which oughta be what Ashera represents in opposition to Yune's darkness. 

In fact, it's what I imagine to be for Grima and Naga, should those two become Mythics.