Q's

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the touch screen used?

How far up do stats go?

How many units are CHOSEN for the final chapter?

How long is the game?

1) You can use it if you want. Useless question.

2) HP caps at 60, highest cap for other stats is 30... I already told you that before. Useless question.

3) Marth is necessary in all chapters, in the final you can bring him and 14 other units (you choose them) plus 1 more unit joins as soon as the chapter starts. Useless question.

4) Off the top of my head, I think it's 4 prologue chapters (playable ONLY in piss-easy normal mode) 25 chapters and 5 Gaiden chapters. I bet you'll think the Gaiden chapter requirements are stupid.

1) You can use it if you want. Useless question.

2) HP caps at 60, highest cap for other stats is 30... I already told you that before. Useless question.

3) Marth is necessary in all chapters, in the final you can bring him and 14 other units (you choose them) plus 1 more unit joins as soon as the chapter starts. Useless question.

4) Off the top of my head, I think it's 4 prologue chapters (playable ONLY in piss-easy normal mode) 25 chapters and 5 Gaiden chapters. I bet you'll think the Gaiden chapter requirements are stupid.

1. How is it useless?

2. I don't want the caps, I want to know what stats average out at during certain points in the game.

3. Not a useless question. It's important to know how many characters can be used at the end.

4. Killing your characters to get new, worse ones?

1. How is it useless?

2. I don't want the caps, I want to know what stats average out at during certain points in the game.

3. Not a useless question. It's important to know how many characters can be used at the end.

For 4, some of them don't seem that bad, but others aren't worth it. Athena at least seems decent enough.

1. How is it useless?

1. Cause the answer should've been pretty obvious. Plus you could've found the answer on the main site in no time at all. Would it make a significant different for the game if you couldn't use the touch screen? no.

2. http://serenesforest.net/fe11/average/ Depends on how you play, I tend to skip the late chapters so my units will hardly cap a thing.

3. lol important to know how many units to use at the end? yeah... knowing that will REALLY make a big difference [/sarcasm] I mean, you're screwed if you bring 8 out of 15 units like I do right?

4. Having 15 or less units before ending the chapter that precedes the gaiden. I don't know (or care) whether or not the gaiden characters are better but I will say this: If you're going to a gaiden chapter JUST to get the character that's there... you have much to think about.

Edited by Boo

Well, whether a question is useless or not depends on the person who's asking.

For instance, how the touch screen is used and how many characters you can bring at the end are quite common questions asked actually.

For instance, how the touch screen is used and how many characters you can bring at the end are quite common questions asked actually.

Guess you're right, I find that stuff to be useless knowledge though.

You'll often have more than enough candidates for the endgame since no FE normal mode is too difficult that using low tier units will screw you up.

He didn't ask how it's used, just if it's used or not... which seems to be pretty obvious.

Yeah, and the touch screen would make things funner (at least for me)

Anyway, if I kill EVERYONE except who I'll bring to the end, I'd get all the Gaiden chapters? I really don't like the way that you have to kill characters like they're not worth anything.

Yeah, and the touch screen would make things funner (at least for me)

Anyway, if I kill EVERYONE except who I'll bring to the end, I'd get all the Gaiden chapters? I really don't like the way that you have to kill characters like they're not worth anything.

The touch screen is useable, but I personally found myself going back to the old fashioned controls. They're very intuitive.

The Gaiden chapters are INTENDED (key word) for people that can't keep 25 people alive; I don't think they intended for people to actually kill their own people to get them, but then again, I don't think they thought I'd get Gordon killed for Norn, either (whoops, because Norn is awful).

Norn is slightly better than Gordon. Killing Gordon will skip that stupid "sacrifice 1 unit on that fort" scene and it'll get you a slightly better unit. Good luck arguing that keeping Gordon alive is better.

Probably yes but you have to kill those that you recruit to keep the unit count as 15 or Lower. You can even have less than 15 units and you'll be given a generic one that's both disposable and sometimes better than the units you recruit.

@bold: Most of them aren't. Call me evil or whatever but the FACT is that killing every1 you're not using is much better than just keeping them alive benched because going to a gaiden chapter means more EXP for those that you are using and more items that can help you (1 Gaiden has a warp staff and those staves are incredibly cheap in this game). "Keeping all recruit-able characters alive" is stupid in this game.

Edited by Boo

Norn is slightly better than Gordon. Killing Gordon will skip that stupid "sacrifice 1 unit on that fort" scene and it'll get you a slightly better unit. Good luck arguing that keeping Gordon alive is better.

What about sacrificing Jeigan (a joke of a "guardian" unit, at least after Chapter 1)?

Or Kain or Abel? If you wanted Freyr, would you really need 3 Cavalier-type characters around?

Edited by VincentASM

What about sacrificing Jeigan (a joke of a "guardian" unit, at least after Chapter 1)?

Or Kain or Abel? If you wanted Freyr, would you really need 3 Cavalier-type characters around?

Jeigan helps weakening units should you ever need to. He can also take more hits than Gordon should you ever need a unit to die in order to halt the movement of reinforcements that are chasing you. Gordon has trouble growing and he'll be a terrible unit for most of the game. The only thing helping him is that Normal mode is piss-easy.

You could sacrifice Jeigan but killing Gordon is better, what are you losing by killing him? not much that's for sure.

Kain, Abel and Freyr are among the best units in the game. I usually keep them as cavaliers then switch them to a different class like Sniper Freyr, Dragon Knight Abel and Swordmaster Kain. I see nothing wrong with having 3 cavaliers, specially when the Class change system exists.

Jeigan is virtually useless, so I usually just sacrifice him. Yes, he can weaken units, but you can do that with other units you have if you are careful enough.

As for Gordon, keeping him or Norn is a great matter of who-gives-a-shit. Gordon's not great, but Norn is awful. Norn, with some skill items, COULD become a good other class, but you'd have to burn them all on her.

Yes, he can weaken units, but you can do that with other units you have if you are careful enough.
Meat shielding with no weapon. He'll gain no exp while protecting your other units. There are several uses for Jeigan outside that, but most of them are applicable on the hard modes of the game.
As for Gordon, keeping him or Norn is a great matter of who-gives-a-shit. Gordon's not great, but Norn is awful. Norn, with some skill items, COULD become a good other class, but you'd have to burn them all on her.

Norn > Gordon. She will actually become stronger, and her speed will stop sucking quicker.

Skill isn't a big deal. Cavalier Navarre gets only 2 Skill, but he was still hitting enemies just fine. Besides, who the heck are you going to give Skill boosting items to anyway? Nobody else needs it.

Shooter is basically a unit always on a ballista with different sorts of shots (Shooter killing, Flier killing, Regular damage) and 4 movement. He can purchase some firearms in chapter 22.

http://serenesforest.net/fe11/firearm.html

Those are his weapons... shooters are nothing special but if you like dealing damage from afar (there's the Worm spell but you'd have to get it from Gato... in the final chapter) and have room for him, you can probably use Jake or Beck.

Edited by Boo

They seem to be a bit broken in the respect that they can attack from afar with rather good accuracy, yet you call them nothing special. Why?

Unless he was using Thunderbolt against a shooter or Quick rain against a flying unit, his damage was never high imo... I hardly ever saw damage above 8. Maybe I used him a bit late.

In normal mode, enemies are incredibly easy... even if Jake could deal some great damage to flying units, it never struck me as impress since Dragon Knights were more of a treat than a threat.

Edited by Boo

You'll get enough dropped shooting weapons to not have to worry about buying them.

Furthermore, you can always forge one of his weapons (preferably the 40 use one) and turn him into a shooting machine. I was able to beat the boss in one chapter on the very first move; if I wanted to, I could have sent Marth to the throne with a warp staff and ended the stage on one turn (though I'd have lost the Starlight Orb).

As for Norn vs. Gordon, I hate Norn. Her skill is awful (yes, it's a class that hits well as it is, but I also am not growing a good Norn so far), and her big benefit is only speed.

Even then, inflicting damage without getting counterattacked is pretty neat.

True, although it's better in H5 than in normal. I had a team of people promoted at like 10, 13 and 15s and they were still quite capable of destroying everything that came their way.

On Mishiel's chapter, I simply warped a lvl 13/4 Doga (I think he had some blessing on his DEF) to a fort and the most damage that he could take was 3... FROM AN ARMOR KILLER lol.

As for Norn vs. Gordon, I hate Norn. Her skill is awful (yes, it's a class that hits well as it is, but I also am not growing a good Norn so far), and her big benefit is only speed.

Skill is hardly necessary in this game, you could have a unit with 0 skill and he'd still perform well since 1 skill = 1% hit, your weapons have decent hit as is and no enemy has high avoid unless it's a boss on gate/throne. That speed lead is basically what makes her better than Gordon since all he has on her is 2 HP, like 1 STR (that changes later) and some DEF. She'll quickly outdamage Gordon since she's doubling earlier.

Edited by Boo