New event calendar (May-June 2019)

DarkAlf

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't notice the Leif & Nanna BHB, out of pity for Thracia and a liking for Leif stemming from FE4, I think I'll have to go for the littlest lord, hopefully he will be drawn by my pity. I don't have that many Orbs though; and please no Swordhardt. Daddy Quan would be very good though.

Julia gets a little of my pity, but I can't try for her, have to ration my Orb usage. I already have her mom and Green Tome is certainly my most common Tome Color (I need more likable Blues- Blucius IS!).

*Sigh*

Hide contents

Something with this game just doesn't click for me. I find it dreadfully boring. A diminutive FE isn't as fun as I'd hope it'd be. I want to like it, but Hardin stood a better chance with Nyna. 

I can't be bothered to learn what all the skills do. I can't be bothered to try the GHBs for the challenge. I stand no chance nor have a care for this metagame stuff. And as quick as it is, I often haven't leveled my characters at all and leave them used. Skill Inheritance is awful, I need to grind for more SP for it to work and have to sacrifice a unit I can't help but think might be better off given to someone else. A merge project is a total joke. Summoning is the only joy this game has to offer, and it's only a joy when one has Orbs to give and one gets the reward they sought.

Whenever I reflect on my PC rep numbers, I just think to myself, how nearly halfway in this game's lifespan, there is so much missing. I see the void, I see the slow rate of additions, I recognize that not everyone is going to make it in. But even were it not for my total inclusion desires, it would do little to affect the gameplay. A bite-sized SRPG that has the flavor of the glue Sigurd's horse became.

I won't drop this game, I continue to play it lightly, but I can only ever give it a 5/10. And that entire 5 is for the idea of FEH, nothing for its gameplay. I really really liked the idea of an intraseries crossover, but this... isn't working for me.

I think Fallen Heroes 2 has just put me in a bad mood with this game for the moment, every NH this year has been good for new character additions and has made the 50:50 divide with Seasonals bearable. With FH2 this isn't the case.

Just take a break. Maybe try something else. Like Langrisser, Epic7 or FGO.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only characters I'm really hoping for on this year's Bride banner is Groom Sigurd and Bride Deirdre. Other than that, I don't really care

14 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

How much ya wanna bet that the June New Heroes banner is that theoretical third Tellius banner with Jill and Shinon? Because I totally think that's what it is.

While I would love that just for Jill, it will probably be like another banner or two before we get a third Tellius banner this year.

Tatiana and Zeke, Merric and his Bride, or Deirdre and Sigurd. Either these 3 for the Bridal banner and I think its ok. I hope they go for confirmed pairs on this one...but I guess someone there could have the urge for Bridal Camilla. xD That is how things work. Or Bridal Aversa.

After the last Corrin I think we should brace ourselves for the next Camilla alt, just in case. If not here than on the Halloween banner as a Succubus eh Vampire of Course.

Bridal Rinkah would be so out of place. But after this long wait I'll take it...

Edited by Stroud

I'd like a third Tellius banner this year, but I agree that June seems too soon. They might go for FE7 there to round out some high-profile omissions from it, that'd be nice.

After that, between summer banners, Three Houses, and CYL, we're probably covered until the end of August. Tellius in September would be nice, though.

My other big hope right now is for FE4 Gen 2, personally. I'd also like more FE8 but I wouldn't consider that as pressing.

I'd dig Groom Sigurd! He'd look so great and he's cool. ^^

What I'd love most is Groom Frederick though, and not simply because of how much I adore Freddy as a character. He wears suits already anyway, so dressing like a groom for a festival is totally right up his alley. But it'd also be super fun to S support him with female Robin, of course. :3

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

No shame in taking a break!  Whether it's a short one or permanent is up to you.

5 hours ago, redlight said:

Just take a break. Maybe try something else. Like Langrisser, Epic7 or FGO.

Thanks for the suggestion. Because I am an FE fan at heart, not going to stop entirely. I'm going to at least do some lesser minutiae, like five Arena fights per week, and when the Bridal Blizzard begins I'll try to max that out. That way I can rebuild my Orb supply for when temptation arises again.

And I've gotten back into Dragalia Lost in the past week or so actually, after I dropped that back in December. I might stick with this as my primary gatcha.

It's a bit weird, this is a new IP with all OC characters, all of whom were made as gatcha characters and written accordingly. The summon rates might be worse than FEH's, particularly without the ability to snipe DL Elements as one can with FEH's Colors (but you don't need merges for characters, only Dragons). Its gameplay is more braindead than FEH, albeit faster to autobattle nowadays and being realtime adds some excitement. Perhaps I want braindead from a gatcha, I mean I love being strategic in mainline FE, but with the other changes FEH makes to FE gameplay, maybe strategy stops being appealing?

And if I complained about getting a character to level 40 in FEH with SP for all their SI needs, well I decided to compile earlier some (but not all, did naught for Wyrmprints and maxing Dragon trust) statistics for what it takes to optimize a character for my own sake.:

Spoiler

It takes exactly 340 Gold Crystals + 13 Bronze Crystals to provide a level 1 0 EXP unit the EXP they need to hit level 80. Now how is this broken down?

• 1 Gold Crystal is enough to bring a unit to level 15.
  • 9 more (10) Gold Crystals is needed to go to level 30.
  • 24 more (34) Gold Crystals is needed to go to level 40.
  • 46 more (80) Gold Crystals is needed to go to level 50.
  • 66 more (146) Gold Crystals is needed to go to level 60.
  • 94 more (240) Gold Crystals is needed to go to level 70.
  • 101 (341) more Gold Crystals is needed to go level 80.

While EXP sharply curves, stat gains from leveling do not, remaining consistent increases of ~50 HP and 40-30 Strength per ten levels. Therefore, if someone wanted to maximize Crystal efficiency for a full team, they would not dump them all on a single character. Level 50 or 60 seems to be the ideal stopping point. Doing a lot of co-op for your important things is a different matter, that would encourage single dumps, since you're only bringing one character to most of those things.

Avenue to Power Master provides ~15 Gold Crystals per non-temporary double rewards run + the once-a-day bonus Crystals (I forget how many this is). So per 30 day month, if you play AtPM just once a day, you get 450 Gold Crystals, enough to max just one character a month, and bring another close to halfway to max. With the present double Crystals bonus running in the game, I can get 30 for 15 Stamina, not a bad deal which over some days if I so planned my play for this over the present ongoing temporary Event, could be a real big haul.

However, compared to Mana Circles, Wyrmprints, Weapons, and Dragons, aka everything else, levels seem to be the easiest thing to max.

Making a Fully Unbound 5* tier 3 weapon requires (25k x 5 + 150k x 5 + 900k) x 5 = 887500. Almost 9 million Gold sans Damascus Ingots (which automatically unbind a weapon by one level). And you'll need one of 5* elemental weapon for every element ideally, so close to 45 million Gold, and one 5* for each element and every weapon type adds up to 360 million Gold. This excludes the costs in materials, which shouldn't be as bad, barring Twinkling Sand.

One run of Avenue to Fortune Master normally gives ~20k in Gold, plus a once-a-day bonus of ~70k. 2.7 million Gold per month. Not enough for a single 5* FUB elemental- you need those Damascus Ingots, each of those could save you over a million Gold.

To use the 5* unit Annelie’s data, to max all her Mana Circles, you need:

• 255650 Mana
  • 210 Light Orbs
  • 61 Radiance Orbs
  • 28 Refulgence Orbs
  • 8 Rainbow Orbs
  • 118 Lightwyrm’s Scales
  • 44 Lightwyrm’s Glowscales
  • 3 Champion’s Testaments
  • 73000 Eldwater

Multiply all these values by 4 to get the idea of what a full team needs. And multiply them again by 5 to get what a full set of five teams needs. Ignoring you needing Orbs and Scales of different elements for different characters, and the additional Eldwater to promote 3* and 4* characters to 5*.

One FUB 5* Dragon requires 355 Dragonfruit to reach level 100. A similar EXP curve with flat stat increases exists with Dragons and Wyrmprints as exists with characters. 

And yet, I don't feel so badly off from this for some reason, despite it being yottagrams more effort. Maybe it's because DL makes being less than maxed not so bad? You can't get everything I can clearly see, but the content is still fun when suboptimal? Not so when I ignore Lunatic and Infernal GHBs and LHBs in FEH, despite the loss in Wyrmite from not doing Expert/Master challenges outside of the Avenues and Elemental Ruins being possibly greater (I haven't checked) than than the quantity of missed FEH Orbs?

Helping too I guess is that I can largely grind to improve my stuff. I don't really have to play the gatcha that much now that I have enough 4*-5*s for a decent team of every element, barring whenever the next collab (I hope there are more) or cute guy attracts me (yep, those are going to be my DL parameters for whether I fire up the geyser o' summoning). Every character's skillset is self-contained, with Wyrmprints, Weapons, and Dragons (the only of these three things in the gatcha) being infinitely transferable; four (individually lesser?) Sacred Seal slots instead of one to make a comparison. And while my present supply of resources to improve is always finite, spending 300 Gold Crystals doesn't feel as bad as the idea of having to use a character or manual, particularly of someone I like or is 5*. I know I can recoup spent Crystals (or Feathers in FEH), not so sure about Maribelles and Hinatas.

One other important factor I can conceive as my cause for liking DL more than FEH, might be expectations. For DL, I have next to none, anything good is a gain. For FEH, because I love FEH, I have expectations, and to not see them met is loss which can counteract any gains.

-Not to advertise DL here, I'm only trying to dissect what it is that makes me like the one more than the other in practice, despite in hypothesis it should be the other way around. Maybe there is meaningful criticism of FEH in here somewhere.

And to remain on topic, didn't notice Gharnef is being reran (I only at first glance looked to check for the all-important new additions banners). Since Sanaki, Raigh, Lilina, and Canas (if I Grail for him) are my only Red Tomes in use so far, I'll take the generic, if fairly talented original evil sorcerer of FE. Isn't he rather fast in this game? That is actually in line with his FE1/11 stat profile, stemming in part from FE1 making Magic unaffected by the Str stat I hazard to guess. 

Nice. So we will get Delthea tomorrow.

For me, nice to have Gharnef as I don't have him as well.

Tempest Trials will award someone as well, and a 5* at that.

Only Bride I would consider getting would be Bridelia. Maybe Ninian too so I would get Groom Eliwood.

Nothing too crazy for me so I guess my orbs will be relatively safe.

Time to look at all the Banners now that I'm free from the Picnic Banner~

New Power: Free Pull Blue or Colorless~ Already have a Faye so no need to pull here, as I'm not building any of the focuses~

New Brides: Unless we get Bride Elise, Bride Nowi or some good food, I don't expect to pull here. At least won't be doing so right away if there is a character here I want~

Bridal Bloom: I don't have any of them, and while Sanaki and Tharja would be nice, I'll likely only do a free pull on Red here.

Bridal Blessings: Been waiting for this one. Really want Lyn and Caeda, and wouldn't mind Charlotte. I'll be dumping most of my Orbs here~

Dragon Fang: I have Seigbert and Julia, and I expect Adrift M!Corrin will be the last one. I don't really need him so free pull on Blue is the plan~

BHB: I need Leif so I may drop some Orbs here if there's no color share. Quan being on here would be awesome, I'd love the grab him, too, if he is.

Voting Gauntlet: Don't expect to pull here, but it depends who is on it.

Mythic Heroes: I would like to get an Astra Mythic Hero, but it'll depend on how my Orbs are looking then~

Flier Formation: I have all of them so I'll free pull anything that's not Colorless and dip~

New Heroes: These are always a skip, so no Orbs gonna be spent here~

Overall, this is a bit more of a spendy month for me. I may have to pass on Leif depending on how the Orbs are looking from the Brides, which is my biggest priority. I want to try to have enough by the end to get the Astra. The good thing is the BHB and Mythic Banner will be running at the same time, so I can prioritize Mythic and still have a chance for Leif if I'm lucky~

I am gonna stop pulling for fallen corrin now and see who is on dragon fang & bridal banner. Whenever I am pulling on the Fallen Heroes banner the thought of Tiki being pitybreaker scares me, so it would be nice if she is on dragon fang banner (the only colourless unit to have dragon fang). Bridal banner can be surprising, and it seems that my gacha luck is slightly better when pulling on seasonal banner.

13 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I am gonna stop pulling for fallen corrin now and see who is on dragon fang & bridal banner. Whenever I am pulling on the Fallen Heroes banner the thought of Tiki being pitybreaker scares me, so it would be nice if she is on dragon fang banner (the only colourless unit to have dragon fang). Bridal banner can be surprising, and it seems that my gacha luck is slightly better when pulling on seasonal banner.

It's pretty much 0 chance she is on the Dragon Fang Banner while still on her debut Banner. This has only so far happened once with Dorcas and not again, so I don't think you have to worry about her being on that Banner~

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's pretty much 0 chance she is on the Dragon Fang Banner while still on her debut Banner. This has only so far happened once with Dorcas and not again, so I don't think you have to worry about her being on that Banner~

Dorcas incident is the reason why I am holding out hope that she will be on the Dragon Fang Banner. I guess I should have known the chance is slim to none. Nonetheless, bridal banner still has a chance to feature unit that I like more than Fallen Corrin. "Every banner is a bait banner" is my FEH philosophy. 

The more I think avout it, the more I'm certain Faye will be one of the brides. 

Giving her fans not one, but TWO occasions to snipe for her and +10 her in a short time, just to release a seasonal variant the next banner, forcing them to open their wallets to get her is a move they would absolutely do.

They did something similar when they featured Alm in a banner after a long absence, just to release Legendary Alm out of nowhere.

But if she is on the banner, I don't think Rinea will be since Brides never had units from the same game in the same banner.

At the very least, I think a groom should actually be on the banner this time instead of regulated to TT. A second groom can be in TT for all I care, but I disliked Marth being the only guy last time and being a TT when all the women get a banner. Marth would have made some money, a lot of people wanted him. I'm sure there are other guys that would make money as a groom too. Sigurd's one, I'd say.

So ideally for me...

Bride Elincia
Groom Sigurd
Bride Anna
*insert one more bride here because you know the banner would never have two grooms*
Groom Frederick (TT)

Yeah, as much as I love Frederick, I admit he's TT material. He's not incredibly popular.

Edited by Anacybele

As much as I would like to see Bridal Anna come this month sadly I don't see it happening if we go under the assumption that we will know an Anna alt is coming when they change the monthly quest from 'Defeat a foe with Anna' to 'Defeat a foe with Anna: Commander'.  I would like to be proven wrong though since there is little else that is going to make me spend orbs on the Bridal Banner otherwise.

As for who else I would like to see on the Bridal banner I guess Cherche since she is a popular Awakening character who has yet to receive an alt. Groom Eliwood or Nils would be nice as well to go along with last year's Bridal Ninian. Also still waiting on that Bridal Eirika alt for Heroes but a Bridal L'Arachel alt would pique my interest as well. As long as we get nothing controversial like last year I don't really care who is on it. Which means we are totally getting Bridal Yglr this year aren't we?

Predicting something along the lines of...

Bridal Cherche

Bridal L'Arachel

Bridal Ishtar

Groom Eliwood

I would think its a perfect time for Bridal Tatiana and Groom Siegbert.

Also wouldn't mind muscular Bridal Banner.

Bridal Rinkah, Effie and Flavia would be awesome. Fire emblem needs more of those characters... Would like to add some from older games but there are non. Maybe Echidna...if the artist makes a good work here.

So these have been the wishes...

Expectations: Bridal Camilla, Groom Robin. And with their kindness something like Groom Merric and Bridal Elice for trickling a new unit in. (Alternately another pair with one unit which is not in the game).

Camilla says something like: Robin looks so handsome, I feel the urge to have a new little brother. 

I don't know why anyone would expect a Bride Camilla when not only does she have tons of alts and and backlash already, but will also be getting a Brave alt that she never should've gotten.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know why anyone would expect a Bride Camilla when not only does she have tons of alts and and backlash already, but will also be getting a Brave alt that she never should've gotten later.

Cause knowing IS they’re going to do it no matter what people have to say. I mean they’ve done it before so why not again. Though I don’t think we’ll be getting bride Camilla either what with her jpn voice actress being on maternity leave and all that and if there’s one thing I know about japanese seiyuus is that that recasting is a BIG no no unless in extreme circumstances.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Cause knowing IS they’re going to do it no matter what people have to say. I mean they’ve done it before so why not again. Though I don’t think we’ll be getting bride Camilla either what with her jpn voice actress being on maternity leave and all that and if there’s one thing I know about japanese seiyuus is that that recasting is a BIG no no unless in extreme circumstances.

Why? Because like I said, backlash and eventual Brave Camilla. IS surely doesn't want that and there are plenty of other popular characters they can use instead. Camilla isn't the only one that's made money.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Why? Because like I said, backlash and eventual Brave Camilla. IS surely doesn't want that and there are plenty of other popular characters they can use instead. Camilla isn't the only one that's made money.

Has that backlash stopped them before with adrift and hot spring Camilla? Not really so who’s to say it’ll stop them here

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Has that backlash stopped them before with adrift and hot spring Camilla? Not really so who’s to say it’ll stop them here

Those two are what mainly caused the backlash though. And I'm pretty sure Adrift is disliked for more than just Camilla.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know why anyone would expect a Bride Camilla when not only does she have tons of alts and and backlash already, but will also be getting a Brave alt that she never should've gotten.

The money they gain through Camilla fans must out gain the backlash they get because otherwise they would've stopped making Camilla alts a long time ago.

EDIT:

Taking into account your newer post IS might see her high place in CYL as another reason to give her extra alts.

Edited by Hekselka

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

The money they gain through Camilla fans must out gain the backlash they get because otherwise they would've stopped making Camilla alts a long time ago.

I seriously doubt it. The backlash has been huge.

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Taking into account your newer post IS might see her high place in CYL as another reason to give her extra alts.

They're already making Brave Camilla though. There's no need to make another one of her at the same time at all.